Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,022 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account (2519 Views)

3rd Richest Man In The World Disappeared From His Private Airplane Midflight / Stolen Car In Awka: He Parked His Car In Church And It Disappeared (Photo) / Zenith Bank Robbery: IMSU Graduate Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by coveredchic(f): 9:13pm On May 09, 2023
I always read about money disappearing from bank accounts and I never imagined facing this anguish someday.
250K was transferred into my husband's zenith bank account at around 8pm on 8th May. He never received an alert. At exactly 06:46 am and 06:49 am this morning May 9th he received debit alerts of 200k and 49,800k transferred to a palm pay and Wema bank account respectively. A transaction he never initiated.
Now what baffles me is that both transactions were made from a zenith mobile app. My husband does not use the mobile app, neither was his phone/sim lost. Infact, I am currently typing from his phone. He confirmed he did not send any OTP/token to anyone. How did this scammers get access to transfer funds without an OTP,password or token or even a lost phone/sim? I strongly suspect an inside job.
This is really painful and I can't begin to explain the pain. This money is meant for our rent and part of it is even a loan.
I am going to drag zenith bank on all social media plaforms if it is the last thing I do. What's the point of using a bank if anyone can just have acess to your hard earned money?. I sent an email and reported on twitter, no response from zenith. I will make sure I preach the danger of banking with Zenith bank every waking day of my life. My husband is so deflated, we're just a young couple with a child trying to survive.
Mods kindly do the needful.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by yomi007k(m): 9:27pm On May 09, 2023
Why do people still use that bank?

I have known that bank to be incompetent for about a decade now and even during the new naira scarcity, Zenith bank was on top in terms of complaints/failed transfers.

Try and take up the matter.

Wish you the best.

12 Likes

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by FirstCounsel(m): 9:30pm On May 09, 2023
You need to take it up officially with the bank
Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by coveredchic(f): 9:43pm On May 09, 2023
FirstCounsel:
You need to take it up officially with the bank
My husband was there this morning and was made to write a report/letter. We are going tommorrow morning to raise hell.

4 Likes

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by Ever8090: 9:58pm On May 09, 2023
It is really painful, I will suggest you should report to one of their branch and make sure you raise dust and refuse to leave until something is done about your case

2 Likes

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by FirstCounsel(m): 10:34pm On May 09, 2023
coveredchic:

My husband was there this morning and was made to write a report/letter. We are going tommorrow morning to raise hell.
Yeah but in the process of"raising hell" don't go and disrupt things and incure liability against yourselves.
Two wrongs don't make a right like they say

8 Likes

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by Dexy4yah(m): 10:35pm On May 09, 2023
If it's zenith bank don't even stress yourself... that bank na werey

5 Likes

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by Dexy4yah(m): 10:36pm On May 09, 2023
Somebody must have tampered with your husband's phone.
Someone that have access to it

6 Likes

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by Fisiryorh(m): 10:47pm On May 09, 2023
Ever8090:
Ha nawaooo...person get 250k for account this period...? Bross, how una dey do am?.

OP na madam...

Next time, read issues properly... undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by Draslo(m): 1:10am On May 10, 2023
Did your husband repair his phone recently?

8 Likes

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by Prisco4luv(m): 5:01am On May 10, 2023
There is latest trick this useless yahoo boy's use, they will send you MMS message, immediately you click on download.. that's the end

2 Likes

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by Orbhagbemi555: 6:35am On May 10, 2023
Prisco4luv:
There is latest trick this useless yahoo boy's use, they will send you MMS message, immediately you click on download.. that's the end
I have been sensing about this format..
The MMS message was rampant to my phone..
Thank God I didn't download it

4 Likes

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by Caramia2020(m): 6:56am On May 10, 2023
Zenith Bank is now the worst bank in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by lilachiever(m): 7:33am On May 10, 2023

3 Likes

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by Beastboyy: 8:28am On May 10, 2023
It's always someone within the bank doing these nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by Adabestseason(m): 9:07am On May 10, 2023
Push your money out of zenith,almost all e-transaction operators are fraudsters,they wouldn't do anything despite the complaint

5 Likes

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by Angel55555(m): 9:15am On May 10, 2023
Orbhagbemi555:

I don't think it's that easy to commit credit card fraud.
Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by Prisco4luv(m): 10:04am On May 10, 2023
Yes my brother.

That's their new format, especially those using smartphone.
Orbhagbemi555:

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by coveredchic(f): 10:59am On May 10, 2023
Dexy4yah:
If it's zenith bank don't even stress yourself... that bank na werey
Hmmm, it is well

1 Like

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by coveredchic(f): 11:00am On May 10, 2023
Draslo:
Did your husband repair his phone recently?
He changed phone screen about 3/4 months ago.

3 Likes

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by Houseofglam7(f): 11:01am On May 10, 2023
😫😫😫😫😫
Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by coveredchic(f): 11:22am On May 10, 2023
Prisco4luv:
I get this blank MMS messages almost on a daily basis. I don't bother to open them talk more of downloading. I delete immediately.

3 Likes

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by coveredchic(f): 11:28am On May 10, 2023
lilachiever:
I'd never touch zenith bank and first bank with a long pole again.

Only me know how much I've lost through them.
My dad who is a pensioner uses first bank. His pension disappeared for two consecutive months. The scammers activated internet banking then made purchases online using his account. It happened the second time even after reporting to the bank after the first time.

2 Likes

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by Average9jaman: 12:05pm On May 10, 2023
lilachiever:
I'd never touch zenith bank and first bank with a long pole again.

Only me know how much I've lost through them.

Did you loose it thru the same 'unauthorized transfer'?
Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by lilachiever(m): 12:40pm On May 10, 2023
Average9jaman:

Did you loose it thru the same 'unauthorized transfer'?

No, mine was worse.

Account had no ATM, Internet Banking not USSD.

I was robbed of my phone on a Sunday, the next Monday before I got to bank scammers had collected ATM Card for my account and used same to withdraw from a POS. I never recovered the money. Money that took me 2 months to accumulate. That was first bank.

2 Likes

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by adeememman(m): 1:30pm On May 10, 2023
No be only zenith bank, that's how a fatherly figure lost a huge amount last year, what this scammer did was to open a mobile app on his behalf as he doesn't do transfer whether through USSD or Mobile banking. Guess an insider gave them hint. So they moved the money in bits of less than 50k at a time to these non traceable accounts without BVN.
So know this and know peace, if you have smartphone and fail to utilize mobile banking, one day these guys will create it on your behalf and help you move funds.

3 Likes

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by Odebayo4010(m): 1:55pm On May 10, 2023
I pity your condition,but there's a small trick that this Scammer people were using,no matter what, if someone beg you to make a phone call on your phone, please don't accept it,

5 Likes

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by Artemis444: 8:09pm On May 12, 2023
Zenith bank and GTB, run as fast as you can. No alerts, no network, no good weekend transactions.

1 Like

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by Abcruz(m): 6:32pm On May 14, 2023
Odebayo4010:
I pity your condition,but there's a small trick that this Scammer people were using,no matter what, if someone beg you to make a phone call on your phone, please don't accept it,

Thanks for raising the awareness. Few weeks ago I've had strangers on 2 different occasions, coming to ask for my phone to make a call but my inner mind was suspicious of foul play, so I declined given them.

@OP it's quite painful but don't let this weigh you down. There is still hope.

1 Like

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by jerk: 6:50pm On May 14, 2023
adeememman:
No be only zenith bank, that's how a fatherly figure lost a huge amount last year, what this scammer did was to open a mobile app on his behalf as he doesn't do transfer whether through USSD or Mobile banking. Guess an insider gave them hint. So they moved the money in bits of less than 50k at a time to these non traceable accounts without BVN.
So know this and know peace, if you have smartphone and fail to utilize mobile banking, one day these guys will create it on your behalf and help you move funds.
You are absolutely right,. I was doing some work online on my system one weekend. I got a message on my email address which notified me that am trying to imitate a transaction through mobile App. I was shocked because I don't have any mobile app attached to the account because it's my main savings account with huge fund. I thank God that I was awake that night and it happened on Friday night around 1am.
I immediately call my bank emergency line and got my account blocked and I equally blocked the SIM card attached to it. I send them official mail too to initiate the deactivation the same night. I would have woken up with all my savings vanished.

2 Likes

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by EasternPrince: 7:43pm On May 14, 2023
Dexy4yah:
Somebody must have tampered with your husband's phone.
Someone that have access to it

Exactly

1 Like

Re: How 250k Disappeared From My Zenith Bank Account by Illegal1(m): 8:05pm On May 14, 2023
Omoh.......dis talk jst remind me of hw my oga 500k disappear frm dis same zenith bank last month..

though my oga lost he phone bt i still dey wonder hw dis guys get access to his account...

the tin cum be lyk say na yahoo boys dey work for zenith bank.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Confirm This Location In Abuja / Man Reportedly Throws House-help From A 2 Storey Building In Aba / Man Beats Up His Pregnant Girlfriend For Asking Him Money For Food (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.