Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! (4115 Views)

Sanusi Bags 2013 Central Bank Governor Award For Sub-saharan Africa / Islamic Banking: It Won't Work, Sanusi Is Looking For Trouble - CAN / Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Is World,african Central Bank Governor Of D Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by OAM4J: 4:41am On Sep 26, 2011
[size=13pt]Sanusi wins African Central Bank Governor Award[/size]

[img]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/thumbnail.php?file=Sanusi_292451512.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has, for the second consecutive year, has been named Central Bank Governor of the Year in Sub-Saharan Africa. The award was presented by the global business magazine, Emerging Market.

Sanusi’s award in Washington DC came a day after two Nigerian bankers (Evelyn Oputu, chief executive officer of the Bank of Industry) and two banking institutions (First Bank of Nigeria Plc and Stanbic IBTC) won international recognition for their achievements in banking during the financial year. The awards were presented by the Africa Banker magazine.
These awards are yearly events held alongside the International Monetary Fund (IMF)/World Bank annual meetings and attended by Central Bank Governors, Finance Ministers and Bank Chief Executive Officers from across Latin America, Africa, Middle East and Asia.

The Editor of Emerging Markets, Taimur Ahmad, said the awards recognise and honour the leading policy makers in each region as adjudged by the editorial team taking into account the views of leading regional experts. He said Sanusi was recognised for the second year running “for his strong policy track-record and continued bold reforms in monetary policy over the past year.”

“The CBN, under Governor Sanusi’s stewardship, has consistently been ahead of the curve.Governor Sanusi has also continued to push through a radical financial sector reform agenda, while having the courage to draw attention to corruption and misuse of funds,” Ahmad said.

Sanusi attributed his award to the collective efforts of his CBN colleagues, the support of the Federal Government and the law makers of Nigeria. He acknowledged that the reform process has been challenging, affirming that all the banks will be fully recapitalised by the end of September 2011, thus drawing a line under the banking crisis in Nigeria.
“We have done all of this without losing any depositors’ funds,” Sanusi asserted. “Furthermore, the banks themselves are paying for the bail-out and the reforms, not the taxpayer.” He called for better preparedness for the inevitable repercussions for Africa.

He noted that the Nigerian banking reform experience could provide some lessons for Europe, which continues to grapple with their financial crisis while bankruptcy looms for many of its countries. In a related development, FirstBank won the “Most Innovative Bank of the Year’; Stanbic IBTC Bank picked up “Deal of the Year through its Golden Sugar Refinery Project financing”, while Evelyn Oputu, CEO of the Bank of Industry and one of the most respected businesswomen in Africa and internationally, was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award. She set a new record for being the first woman to receive this particular accolade.

Chairman/Managing Partner of Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) that bought UK’s Gatwick Airport for £1.51 billion from the British Airports Authority,  Mr Adebayo Ogunlesi, also got recognition from the same Publication. Present at the Emerging Markets event, which held at the Willard Intercontinental Hotel, were about 300 guests. They include a former Minister of Finance Mansur Murtar and Minister of Finance/Co-ordinator of the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

At the Africa Bankers awards were Ms Arunma Oteh, Director-General, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC); Jean-Louis Ekra, President of Africa Export-Import Bank, and Arnold Ekpe, chief executive officer of Ecobank.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/business/20896-sanusi-wins-african-central-bank-governor-award.html
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by EkoIle1: 4:43am On Sep 26, 2011
Really not surprised. Congrats.
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by aljharem3: 4:43am On Sep 26, 2011
LOL sanusi my man. Kudos to you

You have made Nigeria proud. Haters can go hug transformer
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by saintneo(m): 5:23am On Sep 26, 2011
How much was paid for this award?
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by Nymphnode(m): 5:27am On Sep 26, 2011
Ẹ patẹwọ fun![clap 4 ram]
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by pereze: 5:50am On Sep 26, 2011
Till the average at 80% of Nigerian can boast of having a bank account with some humble deposit, I still will not clap for anybody. Not even Okonjo-Iweala let alone Sanusi!
Congrats mallam for the award, hope this will ginger you to do more before your tenure expires.
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by itiswell1(m): 6:26am On Sep 26, 2011
Hmmn, ehn ehn shocked
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by TenKobo1: 6:27am On Sep 26, 2011
Deservedly, methink!
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 26, 2011
I hope is not because of boko haram banking, he was been given the award. He should return the award n tell them he has failed. It wont work!
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by tohirah(f): 6:51am On Sep 26, 2011
@yorke,hope you're not referring to islamic banking as boko haram banking,if yes you got it all wrong
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by MMM2(m): 7:34am On Sep 26, 2011
dat mean, dat dere is no bank governor in africa angry
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by daywatcher: 7:51am On Sep 26, 2011
Nymph node:

How did you get the dots under your letters?
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by daywatcher: 7:56am On Sep 26, 2011
Nymph node:

How did you include the dots?
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by arikeade1: 8:32am On Sep 26, 2011
alj_harem:

LOL sanusi my man. Kudos to you

You have made Nigeria proud. Haters can go hug transformer
my ever Reliable Sanusi is more than deserving of this award,he should even be the best in Africa
As for the HATER i av a beta option for them they can go and jump into lagoon
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by emmke(m): 9:50am On Sep 26, 2011
congrat Sanusi. Now get me a hat-trick-3 in a row. Wait a minute, why very few posts so far? I see, it's because a hausa-fulani is in the news for a good reason.
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by ssjalo(m): 10:14am On Sep 26, 2011
Sha the guy is trying, and we have many people that they deserved award.
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by BBDelta(m): 10:22am On Sep 26, 2011
SUNUSI, I strong Boza for You, coming all the way from the Heart of the South-South, Delta State, Waffi, Wen we see better thing we go talk, You are better than all the commisioners in Delta State put together, abi na the ministers when them appoint from here, You to much, I know we celebrate your success today, but please help us (young generation) to also know the bitter / painfully part of the secret, becos I know its does not come like beans. You have deprieve yourself alot that the current generations of leaders are not ready to venture, in the mist of free money. Cheers.
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by mrjingles(m): 10:35am On Sep 26, 2011
Loud silence on this matter, nothing to criticize? Na wa for Nigerians we rejoice over negative things and not the good, it shows how bitter and hopeless most of us have become. Congrats SLS!
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by reindeer: 10:43am On Sep 26, 2011
Big congrats to the smart Mallam.
Too bad all your haters are sulking in a corner after seeing this news. grin grin
Carry go joooo! We remain solidly behind you.
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by maasoap(m): 10:48am On Sep 26, 2011
I thought the haters said he studied Islamic Study. True Nigerians are not up to five at the helms of affairs right now and Sanusi is one of them, probably number one on the list. I'm proud of you, you're my role model. Thank God, religious bigots and tribalists have been put to shame.
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by ocelot2006(m): 11:03am On Sep 26, 2011
This award was well deserved. Sir, you have done us proud. Kudos to you.
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by juman(m): 11:39am On Sep 26, 2011
Congrats sir
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by Ess: 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2011
CONGRATS SIR!!! You did it again despite all the hatred and propaganda against you, You are truly a man of wisdom.

Haters are so obvious in this forum, see them hiding in shame!
Wait till they come up with another nonsense against,
What trips me about this guy is that he has swagger in his dressing and is afraid of no one!
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 26, 2011
yorke:

I hope is not because of boko haram banking, he was been given the award. He should return the award n tell them he has failed. It wont work!
An unelightened like you see it as boko haram banking, they, over there, see it as financial system broadening.
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by badmrkt(m): 12:51pm On Sep 26, 2011
wetin una want mek i do wif the award?na him b d frst?abeg mek i hear word.very annoying thread feel like kissing transformer sef.
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by fexlist(m): 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2011
Thumbs up
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by mansani: 1:52pm On Sep 26, 2011
haters keep hatin dis man is far ahead of u better stoo wastin ur tym, congrats Sir
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by fxtopedia(m): 2:33pm On Sep 26, 2011
You are too much jaree! However, no need for Evil Banking oooo
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by Beaf1: 4:38pm On Sep 26, 2011
badmrkt:

wetin una want mek i do wif the award?na him b d frst?abeg mek i hear word.very annoying thread feel like kissing transformer sef.

^^^
Hater

One thing I know is that if ABOKI is determine to stand out he does it with style.
I like his unique appearance with the butterfly ties.
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by somze(f): 4:38pm On Sep 26, 2011
Nigerian Newspapers na wa. I see no record of Sanusi having any award [url=http://www.cp-africa.com/2011/09/26/winners-of-the-5th-african-bankers-award/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CelebratingProgressAfrica+%28CP-Africa%29]here[/url]
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by olagamalin(m): 7:51pm On Sep 26, 2011
If i hear
Re: Sanusi Is The African Central Bank Governor Of The Year! by manny4life(m): 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2011
Congratulations to him, but if indeed he was the best based on results, Africa is in BIG TROUBLE! It just means Africa at large DOES NOT have competent hands at.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos / WE DELIVER COOKING GAS TO YOUR GAS PLANTS / Get Clean Tokunbo Japanese Generators Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.