Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) (9804 Views)

Donald Duke: Atiku Has Been Contesting For President Since 1992 / Obasanjo An Igbo Man, S’West Hasn’t Produced President Since 1999 – Sen. Adefuye / Buhari Gets Rousing Reception In Lagos - Dele Momodu Mocks Buhari, APC (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Krublog(m): 12:29pm On May 10, 2023
seanfer:

Where were you guys when OUK from SE supported Lawan from NE and he said it on channels tv that if APC will not micro zone it to SE then the north should have it... Now same OUK is crying now and want to reap where he didn't sow.

And who told you I'm supporting OUK or any candidate

I'm just pointing at the obvious hypocrisy in Morka's statement.

I had to disclaim my last mention but you still didn't get it.

Some of us are just after the right things being done. We got no stake personally or politically in the matter.
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by blacksam01: 12:38pm On May 10, 2023
b3llo:
Someone said that the SE deserve the seat of Senate President and I replied him by saying "SE produced the highest number of SP than any region since 1999." His best defence was to throw an insult at me. The NASS should choose whom ever they deem fit to lead them. Thanks!

However! A pointer to my stand.
Senate Presidents from the SE since 1999
Evans Ewenrem----- IMO
Chuba Okadigbo---- ANAMBRA
Adolphus Wabara----- ABIA
Pius Anyim-------- EBONYI
Ken Nnamani-------ENUGU

they are all within the southeast tenure of 8 years...

so south south enjoid president for 6 years, same as southwest going for 16 yrs now...

so who is cheating who..?
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by seanfer(m): 12:44pm On May 10, 2023
Krublog:

Some of us are just after the right things being done. We got no stake personally or politically in the matter.

I never said you are Igbo. But before we accuse others of treating us bad we should also know that for all ACTIONS there will always be REACTIONS.. The SE should learn how to play inclusive politics, let's look at the other regions how they vote during elections, they don't put all their eggs inside one basket.
in 2015,,2019 and 2023 the SE gave the apc less than 15% votes and now that the party they support didn't win they want to resort to blackmail.. NC gave APC 3rd highest votes and as at now no position have been allocated to them and they're not everywhere like the SE that get Deputy Speaker.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by seanfer(m): 12:45pm On May 10, 2023
Krublog:

Did the SE support the party in power?
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Haaland21: 12:46pm On May 10, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
You mean the marginalisation of the SE to become President must end and Peter Obi will reclaim his mandate that was given to him by the people

The north and south west determine who wins the Presidential election.
Pit obi performed poorly from the two regions.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Powerhouse99: 12:49pm On May 10, 2023
You tried to create division where non exist.
As far as ndi Igbo is concerned, we will never support Orji Uzo Kalu for Senate president.
We support south southerner to emerge as the next senate president.
I only have personal reservations against the candidature of Senator Godswill Akpabio, various corruption allegations against him, is not what a leader should be known for. Apart from this, let South-south person emerge, he has support of Ndigbo. We fought and stood for Goodluck Ebere Jonathan against Muhammadu Buhari. We chose competency over tribe.

flokii:
Senate Presidency should go to South South.. Igbos should rest, no be only them dey Nigeria.

When it's time to covet SS oil and mineral resources, you'll see Igbos making comments like 'we the SS&SE', now wey politics don tie wrapper, It's SS separate and SE separate.

SW had none of the top six positions under Goodluck Jonathan and Igbos didn't make noise cos they were the ones enjoying GEJ's government. Table has turned, they should accept their L and keep quiet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by WORLDPEACE(m): 12:57pm On May 10, 2023
ecolime:
Must it be Akpabio?

Must it be someone else?
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Lithiumite: 1:07pm On May 10, 2023
b3llo:
Someone said that the SE deserve the seat of Senate President and I replied him by saying "SE produced the highest number of SP than any region since 1999." His best defence was to throw an insult at me. The NASS should choose whom ever they deem fit to lead them. Thanks!

Evans Ewenrem----- IMO
Chuba Okadigbo---- ANAMBRA
Adolphus Wabara----- ABIA
Pius Anyim-------- EBONYI
Ken Nnamani-------ENUGU

You needed to ask from independence......go and check Nigeria's history......the SE has headed the legislature in Nigeria the longest time starting from zik

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by teejoyz: 1:08pm On May 10, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Inasmuch I do not care who becomes senate president, Felix Morka just exposed his hypocrisy. If it is about national interest and equity, why did they not pick a southeast candidate for the president? Any president from southeast since 1999?

[color=#000099][/color].
Any president from NE and NC since 1999. Must Igbo crying for presidency all the time.
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Tareq1105: 1:12pm On May 10, 2023
orisa37:
Who are the Senators from the SS?
Do they have women among them?
Is OSHOMHOLE not from the SS?
What exactly is the fuss about AKPABIO?

He stood by the Party all through the campaign and he's the only ranking Senator from the south south.
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by king1250: 1:12pm On May 10, 2023
The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) on Tuesday defended its choice of Senator Godswill Akpabio as the Senate President ahead of the inauguration of the 10th National Assembly in June.
APC National Publicity Secretary, Felix Morka said the South-South zone which Akpabio represents has not produced a Senate President since the
beginning of the Fourth Republic in 1999.

Has the South East produced president or vice since 1999?
Mr. Defender
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by orisa37: 1:14pm On May 10, 2023
Too much Cult isms for evil in the SS.
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Krublog(m): 1:14pm On May 10, 2023
seanfer:

I never said you are Igbo. But before we accuse others of treating us bad we should also know that for all ACTIONS there will always be REACTIONS.. The SE should learn how to play inclusive politics, let's look at the other regions how they vote during elections, they don't put all their eggs inside one basket.
in 2015,,2019 and 2023 the SE gave the apc less than 15% votes and now that the party they support didn't win they want to resort to blackmail.. NC gave APC 3rd highest votes and as at now no position have been allocated to them and they're not everywhere like the SE that get Deputy Speaker.

The Igbos supported the PDP with huge votes from 1999-2015 when the lost power at the center. Gave it massive votes in 2019.

What did they get in 2023
PDP gave their ticket to the North.

Will you say there are no loyal APC members in the entire south east worthy of honour?

Whatever happened to Dave Umahi?

My point is, there's massive igbophobia in our political space and it is not good for the unity of the country.

Reward the steadfast loyalyist from the region and watch others crumble like cookies.

Okorocha did more than them OUK and Umahi are doing right now for the APC.

Politically speaking, where is he today
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by ken6488(m): 1:16pm On May 10, 2023
South east are very greedy people

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by seanfer(m): 1:23pm On May 10, 2023
Krublog:

The Igbos supported the PDP with huge votes from 1999-2015 when the lost power at the center. Gave it massive votes in 2019.

What did they get in 2023
PDP gave their ticket to the North.

Will you say there are no loyal APC members in the entire south east worthy of honour?

Whatever happened to Dave Umahi?

My point is, there's massive igbophobia in our political space and it is not good for the unity of the country.

Reward the steadfast loyalyist from the region and watch others crumble like cookies.

Okorocha did more than them OUK and Umahi are doing right now for the APC.

Politically speaking, where is he today

Politics has nothing to do with emotions.. Those you mentioned cannot win their region in any election because majority of people see APC as party of the SW and core north.
Political parties sponsored candidates that can win election.
What will you say about OUK that won his senatorial election with over 40,000 votes and the presidential candidate of the same party scored less than 10,000 in the state, election was held the same day..
They should learn how to make alliance with other regions and stop calling others names just because they have different opinions..

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by emapeteum(m): 1:23pm On May 10, 2023
Obinwenite:
Why Akpabio?. Are there no other person from SS?. Keep deceiving Nigerians.
and why not AKPABIO? who is better than him?

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by ruggedtimi(m): 1:31pm On May 10, 2023
Bt southeast hasn't produced the president since 1999
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Krublog(m): 1:32pm On May 10, 2023
seanfer:

Politics has nothing to do with emotions.. Those you mentioned cannot win their region in any election because majority of people see APC as party of the SW and core north.
Political parties sponsored candidates that can win election.
What will you say about OUK that won his senatorial election with over 40,000 votes and the presidential candidate of the same party scored less than 10,000 in the state, election was held the same day..
They should learn how to make alliance with other regions and stop calling others names just because they have different opinions..

I shake my head at this analogy of yours.

There's no need for any of them being in that party now. Since they cannot win elections for the party but can win for themselves.

I see why our politicians are using us.

Some of us are very very "smart"
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by b3llo(m): 1:35pm On May 10, 2023
mercysayno:
But u people have forgotten that South East have not produced President or vice since 1999
Igbos messed up their chances at the presidency by not supporting Atiku. Obi took some Ill advice and joined LP.
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by b3llo(m): 1:36pm On May 10, 2023
Krublog:

The issue of fairness and equity should not be joined in this discussion.

Equity has now become a convenient word for APC.

Where was equity in choosing a southern president?

Why for the sake of fairness was it not given to a region in the south that had never gotten it?

1999-2007 Olusegun Obasanjo (Ogun - Southwest)

2010-2015 Goodluck Jonathan (Bayelsa - South South)

Even VPs

2007-2010 Goodluck Jonathan (Bayelsa- South South)

2015-present Yemi Osibanjo (Ogun- Southwest)

Going by the above, if fairness, equity and justice were the watchword of the APC, I think the southeast would have been given the chance of producing the next president of Nigeria so let's stop this "sanctimoniousness".

Everyone should be allowed to aspire and the best candidate, win.

NB
Before you draw the "Igbo" card out, I'm not Igbo and not from any sub Igbo group. I just hate injustice.
They should blame Peter Obi for their woes...
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by b3llo(m): 1:38pm On May 10, 2023
blacksam01:

they are all within the southeast tenure of 8 years...

so south south enjoid president for 6 years, same as southwest going for 16 yrs now...

so who is cheating who..?
we in the NE need to start screaming marginalisation.
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by blacksam01: 1:45pm On May 10, 2023
b3llo:
we in the NE need to start screaming marginalisation.

u got vp through tinubu , didnt u..?
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by seanfer(m): 1:47pm On May 10, 2023
Krublog:

I shake my head at this analogy of yours.

There's no need for any of them being in that party now. Since they cannot win elections for the party but can win for themselves.

I see why our politicians are using us.

Some of us are very very "smart"

So you want a party to sponsor a candidate that can't win is state not to talk of their region..
They should start building bridges the result won't come immediately...

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Menclothing: 1:48pm On May 10, 2023
orisa37:
Who are the Senators from the SS?
Do they have women among them?
Is OSHOMHOLE not from the SS?
What exactly is the fuss about AKPABIO?

How can a 1st timer Osho be sp
You must have experience that’s the law
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Krublog(m): 2:01pm On May 10, 2023
seanfer:

So you want a party to sponsor a candidate that can't win is state not to talk of their region..
They should start building bridges the result won't come immediately...

How far with the bridge when Okorocha dey build since 2013/14

When them go commission am
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by seanfer(m): 2:07pm On May 10, 2023
Krublog:

How far with the bridge when Okorocha dey build since 2013/14

When them go commission am

Bridge wey be death trap. I’m not sure people are using it anymore
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Krublog(m): 2:10pm On May 10, 2023
seanfer:

Bridge wey be death trap. I’m not sure people are using it anymore

So na the one when Umahi and co dey build no go be death trap in the next couple of years?

Òma sé o
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Smartguyboy(m): 2:16pm On May 10, 2023
b3llo:

Evans Ewenrem----- IMO from 3 June 1999-18 November 1999 . 5 months

Chuba Okadigbo---- ANAMBRA from 18 November 1999 8 August 2000 9 months
Adolphus Wabara----- ABIA from 8 August 2000- 3 June 2003. 3 years
Pius Anyim-------- EBONYI from 3 June 2003 5 April 2005 2 years
Ken Nnamani-------ENUGU 5 April 2005 5 June 2007 2 years

David Mark 5 June 2007-6 June 2015 8 years

Bukola Saraki 9 June 2015-9 June 2019 4 years

Ahmed Ibrahim Lawan 11 June 2019 Incumbent 4 years already.

So funny this guys are fighting over (lobby) for big paycheck and they tribal men are happy for them as if being a senate president will change your community over night or pass any law to favor your family.
They are just trying to be the highest paid employee that all .
What will the people of Otukpo be proud of what David Mark did for them?
Or what will the people of Kwara said about what Abubakar Bukola Saraki did for them?
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by b3llo(m): 2:38pm On May 10, 2023
blacksam01:

u got vp through tinubu , didnt u..?
We need more too. People of SE need to participate actively in national level and not be emotionally involved when it comes to politics

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by blacksam01: 2:41pm On May 10, 2023
b3llo:
We need more too. People of SE need to participate actively in national level and not be emotionally involved when it comes to politics

u dont get it...ppl of south east simply dislike corupt politicians...

u dnt follow their state nd regional politics, of u do, u will knoe this....
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by b3llo(m): 2:46pm On May 10, 2023
blacksam01:

u dont get it...ppl of south east simply dislike corupt politicians...

u dnt follow their state nd regional politics, of u do, u will knoe this....
They why do Abia keep recycling the same corrupt people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chief Imam: I Saw Yar’adua Last Night / Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! / The Fate Of Nigerdelta If Nigeria Splits.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.