Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,135 members, 7,829,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) (9805 Views)

Donald Duke: Atiku Has Been Contesting For President Since 1992 / Obasanjo An Igbo Man, S’West Hasn’t Produced President Since 1999 – Sen. Adefuye / Buhari Gets Rousing Reception In Lagos - Dele Momodu Mocks Buhari, APC (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Aquila99: 11:29am On May 10, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Inasmuch I do not care who becomes senate president, Felix Morka just exposed his hypocrisy. If it is about national interest and equity, why did they not pick a southeast candidate for the president? Any president from southeast since 1999?

Politics is About Winning( Numbers), Governance is about inclusiveness & delivery. Only an amateur will not understand d politics side in Nigeria. Any party dat brings out an Igbo candidate will lose, just as it played out in Last election especially wen d north is d beautiful bride.
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Footballer754: 11:31am On May 10, 2023
flokii:
Senate Presidency should go to South South.. Igbos should rest, no be only them dey Nigeria.

When it's time to covet SS oil and mineral resources, you'll see Igbos making comments like 'we the SS&SE', now wey politics don tie wrapper, It's SS separate and SE separate.

SW had none of the top six positions under Goodluck Jonathan and Igbos didn't make noise cos they were the ones enjoying GEJ's government. Table has turned, they should accept their L and keep quiet.

If I remember right Tinubu /APC scuttled the emergence of a Yoruba man as Speaker.
PS: I am not from Southeast
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Topmaike007(m): 11:33am On May 10, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Na Waa Oooo
yes oo my brother that's Life for you.. Hausa and Yoruba including ijaw have ruled this nation but the Igbo tribe entirely from Asaba down to the minority Igbo tribe tribe in Benue, Rivers, Ebonyi,Abia,Anambra, Enugu, Imo no one have ruled this nation since almost 60 years now but I know nothing is impossible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Parachoko: 11:34am On May 10, 2023
Madmohamed123:
since 1960 South East never produces presents if he want to gorge it like that
Johnson Thomas Umanakwe Aguyi Irosi is an Igbo man
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Krublog(m): 11:35am On May 10, 2023
b3llo:
Someone said that the SE deserve the seat of Senate President and I replied him by saying "SE produced the highest number of SP than any region since 1999." His best defence was to throw an insult at me. The NASS should choose whom ever they deem fit to lead them. Thanks!

However! A pointer to my stand.
Senate Presidents from the SE since 1999
Evans Ewenrem----- IMO
Chuba Okadigbo---- ANAMBRA
Adolphus Wabara----- ABIA
Pius Anyim-------- EBONYI
Ken Nnamani-------ENUGU

The issue of fairness and equity should not be joined in this discussion.

Equity has now become a convenient word for APC.

Where was equity in choosing a southern president?

Why for the sake of fairness was it not given to a region in the south that had never gotten it?

1999-2007 Olusegun Obasanjo (Ogun - Southwest)

2010-2015 Goodluck Jonathan (Bayelsa - South South)

Even VPs

2007-2010 Goodluck Jonathan (Bayelsa- South South)

2015-present Yemi Osibanjo (Ogun- Southwest)

Going by the above, if fairness, equity and justice were the watchword of the APC, I think the southeast would have been given the chance of producing the next president of Nigeria so let's stop this "sanctimoniousness".

Everyone should be allowed to aspire and the best candidate, win.

NB
Before you draw the "Igbo" card out, I'm not Igbo and not from any sub Igbo group. I just hate injustice.
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Parachoko: 11:35am On May 10, 2023
Obinwenite:
Why Akpabio?. Are there no other person from SS?. Keep deceiving Nigerians.
Akpabio is the President and Party's choice.
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Drello4real: 11:36am On May 10, 2023
Evans Ewenrem----- IMO
Ken Nnamani-------ENUGU
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by xangerar: 11:37am On May 10, 2023
Inclusion? When the outgoing vice president and speaker are from the south west. The president elect is from the same south west and the north west by your calculation will get deputy senate president and speaker even though the outgoing president is from the north west still.
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by TUTU147: 11:40am On May 10, 2023
flokii:
Senate Presidency should go to South South.. Igbos should rest, no be only them dey Nigeria.

When it's time to covet SS oil and mineral resources, you'll see Igbos making comments like 'we the SS&SE', now wey politics don tie wrapper, It's SS separate and SE separate.

SW had none of the top six positions under Goodluck Jonathan and Igbos didn't make noise cos they were the ones enjoying GEJ's government. Table has turned, they should accept their L and keep quiet.
Igbos are majority in south south and Igbos have many oil and gas in large quantities.Senate president doesn't really change anything,but for inclusiveness,Igbos should be considered.
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Nobody: 11:41am On May 10, 2023
Moh247:
The Marginalisation ends now... Orji Uzor Kalu must do the right thing and step down
He has no choice.
No body riding with.
Akpabio is the choice.
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by NORSYK(m): 11:43am On May 10, 2023
Drello4real:
Evans Ewenrem----- IMO
Ken Nnamani-------ENUGU

Where was this stupid logic during the apc primaries.

South West - president obasanjo
South South - president Goodluck
South East - zero

South West - vice president Osibanjo
South South - vice president Goodluck
South East - zero.

If You were reasonable and sensible enough you'd have used the logic of South vs North during the primaries.
Unfortunately no sane and reasonable being supports apc
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by ProphetM0hammad: 11:43am On May 10, 2023
Topmaike007:
Likewise Igbo haven't produced President of this nation since the civil war ended

Ebira, idoma, tiv, igala etc. Have they also produced a president.

You people cry a lot that's why you get trampled on

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by ProphetM0hammad: 11:45am On May 10, 2023
NORSYK:

Where was this stupid logic during the apc primaries.

South West - president obasanjo
South South - president Goodluck
South East - zero

South West - vice president Osibanjo
South South - vice president Goodluck
South East - zero.

If You were reasonable and sensible enough you'd have used the logic of South vs North during the primaries.
Unfortunately no sane and reasonable being supports apc

Is it by force to include south east?

So if there's no capable or qualified person from the east we should just choose anybody so you can stop crying
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by oyeb15: 11:49am On May 10, 2023
Akpabio is Saraki pro max.
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by obembet(f): 11:50am On May 10, 2023
Moh247:
The Marginalisation ends now... Orji Uzor Kalu must do the right thing and step down

No region produce Senator president than South East in Nigeria... Since 1999, South East get 6, North East get 2, North Central get 1.

I think south south deserve it
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Jahwinaboy(m): 11:55am On May 10, 2023
NORSYK:

What about South-South which produced President, Vice president, speaker of the rep and deputy senate president, those are not enough as they want to add senate president to the list.
South-East has only senate president, Deputy senate president and deputy speaker.
You guys should let this matter die. Ibos are actually the problem of Ibos. The aim of every Ibo man should be how to win or get presidency rather than dragging SP with SS. One great mistake to make now is to have enmity with your SS brothers. Let's be wise
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by emperorz(m): 12:03pm On May 10, 2023
Topmaike007:
Likewise Igbo haven't produced President of this nation since the civil war ended
who started that war?

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by mercysayno(m): 12:04pm On May 10, 2023
But u people have forgotten that South East have not produced President or vice since 1999
b3llo:
Someone said that the SE deserve the seat of Senate President and I replied him by saying "SE produced the highest number of SP than any region since 1999." His best defence was to throw an insult at me. The NASS should choose whom ever they deem fit to lead them. Thanks!

However! A pointer to my stand.
Evans Ewenrem----- IMO
Ken Nnamani-------ENUGU
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by NORSYK(m): 12:07pm On May 10, 2023
Jahwinaboy:
You guys should let this matter die. Ibos are actually the problem of Ibos. The aim of every Ibo man should be how to win or get presidency rather than dragging SP with SS. One great mistake to make now is to have enmity with your SS brothers. Let's be wise

I am not after the SP just as every other Igbo man out there, having the SP is only beneficial to the individual and not to the South East in general. I am only pointing out the person's hypocrisy.
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by NORSYK(m): 12:10pm On May 10, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

Is it by force to include south east?

So if there's no capable or qualified person from the east we should just choose anybody so you can stop crying

And the only capable person you saw was a drug baron and over 80 years old man with brains impairment
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Sleekfingers: 12:10pm On May 10, 2023
Krublog:

Why for the sake of fairness was it not given to a region in the south that had never gotten it?

Even VPs

Going by the above, if fairness, equity and justice were the watchword of the APC, I think the southeast would have been given the chance of producing the next president of Nigeria so let's stop this "sanctimoniousness".

NB
Before you draw the "Igbo" card out, I'm not Igbo and not from any sub Igbo group. I just hate injustice.

But an Igbo man contested in the last election. And lost.....

That's why it is called an election. They should work on their politics. Nobody will give anything to anybody.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by seanfer(m): 12:11pm On May 10, 2023
Footballer754:

If I remember right Tinubu /APC scuttled the emergence of a Yoruba man as Speaker.
PS: I am not from Southeast

How did Tinubu/ACN scuttled the emergence of a yoruba person as speaker?
ACN has just 56 members in the house and Tambuwal won the seat with over 250 votes... Maybe you don't know that some PDP members from the SW didn't support the yoruba woman imposed on them..
Let us be sincere when we raise points on public forum.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by ProphetM0hammad: 12:13pm On May 10, 2023
NORSYK:

And the only capable person you saw was a drug baron and over 80 years old man with brains impairment

If an 80 year old drug baron has emerged it simply means he's better than his competitors

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Successlane: 12:14pm On May 10, 2023
Karlovych:
embarassed Escobar and Bin laden will never rule the country

Small pikin.

Have you checked your UTME result?
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by seanfer(m): 12:15pm On May 10, 2023
Krublog:

Even VPs

NB

Where were you guys when OUK from SE supported Lawan from NE and he said it on channels tv that if APC will not micro zone it to SE then the north should have it... Now same OUK is crying now and want to reap where he didn't sow.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Jahwinaboy(m): 12:16pm On May 10, 2023
NORSYK:

I am not after the SP just as every other Igbo man out there, having the SP is only beneficial to the individual and not to the South East in general. I am only pointing out the person's hypocrisy.
If that be the case, it's understood. Hypocrisy runs in Nigerian political class. I worry less about these politicians. All we seek is good governance. Once many things work in Nigeria, people will literally don't bother about where one comes from.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by jaxxy(m): 12:18pm On May 10, 2023
Moh247:

yes he must do the right thing and step down cos igbos should be chief of staff under the stolen mandate phantom government.
Re: Akpabio's South-South Hasn’t Produced Senate President Since 1999 – APC (Video) by Krublog(m): 12:26pm On May 10, 2023
Sleekfingers:

But an Igbo man contested in the last election. And lost.....

That's why it is called an election. They should work on their politics. Nobody will give anything to anybody.

My point exactly!!!

Morka should stop crying "our turn, our turn".
Go to the elections, if you're popular, you'd win!!!

He should stop with the zoning card of it has never been zoned here.

Nobody gives anybody anything. Take what you can. Simple!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obaseki signs ₦128.8 Billion Revised 2020 Budget Into Law / Buhari To African Leaders: My Efforts To Stop Boko Haram / Beautiful Igbo Girl Speaks On Biafra And Experience Living In Kano...Must Watch!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.