Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,515 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory (21521 Views)

Osun: Oyetola Responsible For Apc's Defeat In 2022 - Aregbesola / Oyetola Congratulates Buhari On Victory Amid Ongoing Tribunal Judgement / Seyi Makinde Congratulates Adeleke After Triumph At Osun Election Tribunal. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by chokekachy: 8:25am On May 10, 2023
Former Osun Governor, Adegboyega Oyetola has accepted Tuesday’s ruling of the Supreme Court which upheld the election of Senator Ademola Adeleke as governor of the state.

Oyetola, in a statement he personally signed, said although the verdict of the Apex Court was against the wish of his party members and supporters, he had to accept it in the interest of peace and development of the state.

The former governor urged members of his All Progressives Congress, his supporters and those who voted for him during the July 16, 2022, governorship election, to accept the judgement as the will of God and move on.

“We strongly believe we presented a good case before the Supreme Court but the Court thought otherwise and has given its verdict. While the outcome is against our wish and that of our party members and supporters, we are all bound to accept it as law-abiding citizens.

“To our members and supporters across the State, I urge you all to accept the verdict of the Court and move on. The present situation is a win-win for us. It’s both a loss and victory rolled into one. While we lost Osun technically, we gained Nigeria,” he said.

Oyetola, who asked the APC members and supporters not to feel sad and depressed over the decision of the Court, encouraged them to brace up for the tasks ahead of the party. He also appreciated the leadership of the party at the state and at the national level for their commitment and support throughout the period of the legal tussle.

“I remain committed to the growth and development of Osun. I will therefore continue to work with well-meaning citizens of Osun, associations and institutions to facilitate the development of our dear state. Similarly, I urge all citizens of Osun to continue to exhibit the Omoluabi ethos and uphold the dreams of our forebears for the state, irrespective of party affiliations.

“To the Osun Governor, Senator Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke, I take this opportunity to congratulate you on your victory at the Supreme Court.

“While I pray for your tenure to be prosperous for our people and the state, I urge you to focus on the delivery of good governance.

“Politics aside, the time has come to let you know that the interest of the masses must be most paramount without any restriction or discrimination whether based on political persuasion, creed or religion.

“Whatever personal differences we have must give way to the advancement of our great State. The security of the Osun people must be guaranteed regardless of their religious and political affiliations. I pray for peace and progress in your tenure,” Oyetola added.

https://punchng.com/accept-adelekes-victory-oyetola-tells-osun-apc/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1683702067

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by lhordspy: 8:33am On May 10, 2023
Not just Oyetola. But Buhari, Tinubu and all the progressive family. I hope Peter Obi and his army of hate called obidient will also move on after Tinubu is re-affirm winner at the court.

We are progressive. That is exactly what we are. We are not sore losers, we dont cry over spilled milk, we are not cry babies. We wont write letters to our colonial masters in a bid to make mockery of our country.

We fought a good fight. From the election down to the supreme court. We were coordinated, we never the bullied the judges, we never talk down on our judicial system.

we never insulted anyone nor are we going to try to bring Nigeria down just because we lost an election.

That is the difference between we and the children of perdition without home training. That is the difference between a sane leader, Oyetola and a terror!sts kingpin, Peter obi.

134 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by God1000(m): 8:33am On May 10, 2023
Great act of maturity, sportsmanship and magnanimity

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by Parachoko: 8:35am On May 10, 2023
Nice One from Oyetola

I hope Pandora will accept his defeat at the Tribunal and Supreme Court in good faith and congratulate The President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

87 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by Jestin: 8:37am On May 10, 2023
My haters will soon start congratulating me .

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by iHateFraudsters: 8:37am On May 10, 2023
Before nko?

5 Likes

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by Military0001: 8:37am On May 10, 2023
Oyetola no get any other option, so the congratulation no really mean anything.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by tamdun: 8:38am On May 10, 2023
Good
Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:38am On May 10, 2023
Congratulations Sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by Ofunaofu: 8:38am On May 10, 2023
“To our members and supporters across the State, I urge you all to accept the verdict of the Court and move on. The present situation is a win-win for us. It’s both a loss and victory rolled into one. While we lost Osun technically, we gained Nigeria,” he said.

APC didn't gain Nigeria, rather they criminally captured Nigeria

12 Likes

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by Caramia2020(m): 8:38am On May 10, 2023
You gat no choice because no where else to go. Legal battle over.

13 Likes

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by dam2000(m): 8:38am On May 10, 2023
Good for him
Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by iHateFraudsters: 8:39am On May 10, 2023
Parachoko:
Nice One from Oyetola

I hope Pandora will accept his defeat at the Tribunal and Supreme Court in good faith and congratulate The President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

I also hope tinubu will accept his defeat at the tribunal and supreme court in good faith and congratulate the President Peter Gregory Obi?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by LongLife4all: 8:39am On May 10, 2023
Medicine after death. Too late. Why didn't he congratulate him since and without going to court?

10 Likes

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by wunmi590(m): 8:41am On May 10, 2023

He has no sense, this is what he should have done for a very long time, exposing is no intelligent attitude, just because he was given a stolen mandate the first time, so he feels it will still be same this time around...

He just exposed himself as a very dull man and allowing hungry lawyers to cash 💸 out from the state money he stole....

Congratulations 🎊 once more the people's governor (His Excellency, Gov. Adeleke Jackson)

17 Likes

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by Parachoko: 8:41am On May 10, 2023
iHateFraudsters:

I also hope tinubu will accept his defeat at the tribunal and supreme court in good faith and congratulate the President Peter Gregory Obi?
You can see his cousin accepting his defeat at Supreme Court in good faith. Pandora uchins were the ones asking for an Interim Government which is not recognize by the Nigerian Constitution

I hope Pandora uchins won't start wailing the Judges have been bribe when Pandora lost.

Nah Pandora uchins dey ask for military to take over because they lost a free and fair election.

15 Likes

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by Obakoolex(m): 8:42am On May 10, 2023
That's good omoluabi behaviour. He waited for the supreme court verdict and then accepted his fate and congratulate the winner.

Morals*
He didn't go to court and and still be making noise that ademola should not be sworn in.

He accepted in good faith and not accuse the judges of accepting bribe.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by Maxymilliano(m): 8:42am On May 10, 2023
Adeleke won the election fair and square, just like 2019 that was remotely rigged by APC.

The outcome of the 2023 general election showed APC no longer popular in the State.

3 Likes

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by iHateFraudsters: 8:42am On May 10, 2023
Parachoko:
You can see his cousin accepting his defeat at Supreme Court in good faith

I hope Pandora uchins won't start wailing the Judges have been bribe when Pandora lost.

Nah Pandora uchins dey ask for military to take over because they lost a free and fair election.

I hope drug addicts will accept defeat in good faith?

8 Likes

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by zhirkovrado(m): 8:43am On May 10, 2023
This is highly commendable! It should be a healthy rivalry, not enemies.

1 Like

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by tiswell(m): 8:43am On May 10, 2023
that's spirit of sportsmanship

wehdone oyetola

1 Like

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by able20(m): 8:43am On May 10, 2023
God1000:
A great sign of maturity, sportsmanship and magnanimity
he has no choice, only a fool will approach the high court after the Supreme Court verdict

2 Likes

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by Parachoko: 8:43am On May 10, 2023
iHateFraudsters:

I hope drug addicts will accept defeat in good faith?
who are you talking about 🤡?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by SALLYBERRY01(m): 8:43am On May 10, 2023
Now we look forward to Adeleke tenure
Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by seunayantokun(m): 8:44am On May 10, 2023
If e no accept nko? Wetin again e fit do?

2 Likes

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by Gentew(m): 8:44am On May 10, 2023
Parachoko:
Nice One from Oyetola

Igbo people don't know how to swallow their pride!

3 Likes

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by iHateFraudsters: 8:44am On May 10, 2023
Parachoko:
Asiwaju Victory is sure 100%

Peter Obi victory is sure 100%

1 Like

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by tonicyril: 8:44am On May 10, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
Congratulations Sir
kemi kemi
Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by Kog45(m): 8:45am On May 10, 2023
Military0001:
Oyetola no get any other option, so the congratulation no really mean anything.
It meant a lot…GEJ congratulations message to Buhari turned him to a man the world today respect for that singular act.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by Parachoko: 8:45am On May 10, 2023
Gentew:

Igbo people don't know how to swallow their pride!
I hope they won't start cursing the Judges after their loss

5 Likes

Re: Osun: Oyetola Congratulates Adeleke After Supreme Court Victory by Throwback: 8:46am On May 10, 2023
Good display of rational sportsmanship in accepting the finality of the courts decision over an already established defeat as announced by INEC.

Would the zombies and their leader accept the same court ratification of the defeat that INEC already announced?

Your guess is as good as mine.

“To our members and supporters across the State, I urge you all to accept the verdict of the Court and move on. The present situation is a win-win for us. It’s both a loss and victory rolled into one. While we lost Osun technically, we gained Nigeria,”

Food for thought.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Labour Party Stalwarts Okey Bakassi & Kate Henshaw Attend APC Event In Imo / Ngige Denies Collapsing During Budget Defence / Corruption Fight: You Can Never Satisfy Nigerians – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.