Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,891 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

My Husband Buys Me ‘crazy’ Lingerie –ex-miss Nigeria Uk - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Husband Buys Me ‘crazy’ Lingerie –ex-miss Nigeria Uk (2225 Views)

Ex-Miss Nigeria, Sylvia Emechete And Her Husband / Tonto Dikeh's Husband Buys Her A Jeep For Christmas (photo) / Adeniji Temitope, Ex Miss Ambassador For Peace, Celebrates Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Buys Me ‘crazy’ Lingerie –ex-miss Nigeria Uk by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:48am On Sep 26, 2011
http://odili.net/news/source/2011/sep/25/522.html
By CHRISTY ANYANWU

Sunday, September 25, 2011
Eleven years ago, in 2000, Elizabeth Aisien, CEO, Beth Modelling Agency, won the Miss Nigeria-UK Pageant. After her reign ended, she returned home to set up her outfit as a platform for grooming young girls to achieve their dream of becoming professional models.

Ex-Miss Nigeria UK

advertisement

Penultimate week, she held an event at the Civic Centre in Lagos to showcase 14 girls who participated in the Elite Model contest. In this interview she talks about this and other issues relating to her career. Excerpts…

What would you say was the important benefit you got from the Miss Nigeria-UK pageant?

Miss Nigeria UK brought me out. Then I was really shy, I couldn’t wear bikini. I was really shaken but I met a lot of people and it created a part of the business that I’m doing right now.

What is the story behind Elite Models?

As Miss Nigeria UK, I used to come back home on holidays and people were inviting me to model for them. When I was in London I had an agency that I worked with. By the time I started looking for modeling agencies to work with, I realized there was none. I was so disappointed, this was in 2004.

So, I went back to London, did a bit of work and decided to come back and set up a modeling agency to help a lot of our young ones. My main reason for doing this is to help. It is not the money. When you consider it, you will see that we don’t make much money from it. Most of these girls that come to my office cry that they want to become models. That is what we’ve been doing, trying to make their dreams come true.

How do you cope as a mother?

Being a mother is fun, its fantastic. Even though I am so busy now, I still look forward to see my baby every night, spend time with her. I also make sure I bathe her morning and night. Having her is a blessing and the most beautiful thing ever.

Now, you are a career woman and nursing mother. Any tips for juggling both?

So far, it has been good though I must confess that it has not been easy, but my husband has been very supportive. He is always with our daughter most of the time and at night we spend time together. The key thing is to find a way to create a balance between the demands of one’s career with the needs of the family. Of course there are challenges, but one has to rise up to them.

How has marriage changed you? What is the difference between being single and married?

There is a lot of difference. When you are married there are certain things you can do and there are certain things you can’t do. Being a wife to someone means that the person is someone you would stay with for the rest of your life. So you have to make the person your best friend.

How did you meet your husband?

We met here in Nigeria and it’s a long story. I met my husband through a mutual friend. As a girl, you have to do all those ‘shakara’. I believe you really get to know the person you want to marry and know if both of you can understand each other. We had seen each other a few times, and then one day he called me on the phone. He said he wanted to do a few things with models. He is into wines and spirits and from there we started talking. I decided to accept his marriage proposal because I knew he was the one I was going to spend the rest of my life with. These things are natural. You meet someone and you know this is who you want to be with for the rest of your life.

What kind of person is he?

He is a very supportive person. He is romantic, very understanding, very caring and he always sponsors my events.

Most husbands don’t know the size of their wives’ shoes. Does he?

He knows everything. He buys most of my things like lingerie and all other stuff.

What are the things you do to keep your husband?

Number one is just prayers and no matter what it is you put God in your family first. Once you do that everything will fall into place. Without God, there’s no husband, there is no wife, and there is no family. My advise to everyone who is married is to just put your husband into prayers first.

How do you cope with male admirers?

I don’t have admirers. The only admirer I have is my husband. Well, there may be men who secretly may be admiring me, I don’t know. Once you are married you don’t see anything again. And once they come near me, I show them my rings and they run away.

What of the persistent guys?

They can’t be desperate with me. I know how to dissuade them. I tell them I’m married, and firmly say, I am sorry I can’t have any conversation with you.

What is the secret of your nice post-childbirth physique?

Because of my work. I reduced the amount of carbohydrate I eat nowadays. Besides, work has kept me busy. I am on my toes 24 hours. I watch what I eat.

What was it like growing up?

My childhood was filled with fun. I grew up with my mother, who raised me to become who I am today. My mum has always loved modeling, she loves Naomi Campbell, and she’s always glued to Fashion TV. My mother is the whole thing behind me. She’s always pushing me. When I was younger, she was sometimes ask me: are you sure you are not going to be a model? She’s glad today that I run a modeling agency.

What is the secret of your glowing skin?

I haven’t changed that much, I use the same cream. I’m a very simple person. I’m not one of those that carry bags of makeup.

Its like you are more relaxed being married than single?

Oh yes. I pray to God everyday and I know He answers my prayers. People know that marriage is not an easy thing. There is no marriage that doesn’t have an issue, it’s really how you control your marriage and put God ahead of everything, if you are having problem in your marriage you put God first and everything falls in place.

Why did you wed in London when your fans are here?

My husband and I grew up in London. All our friends were there. We decided to do something for our friends in Nigeria first, which was our traditional wedding. Almost 2,000 people attended the event while we had 300 people at our church wedding in London.

What can’t you wear and what can you wear?

You can’t catch me with a turban. I don’t know why. I don’t believe a woman should cover her hair. I think we all have beautiful natural hair. I love to be simple and classy. I love dressing up, and I love shoes.

I’m a shoe freak. I just keep buying new pairs, some of which I don’t even wear. Only recently, I went to a shop and saw a pair of shoes I liked, but my niece reminded me that I had not worn the one I bought a few weeks ago. Everyone has got his or her style. I like anything that makes me feel comfortable, anything simple and classy. I’m a simple person. My favorite colors are black, white and green.
Re: My Husband Buys Me ‘crazy’ Lingerie –ex-miss Nigeria Uk by MMM2(m): 7:54am On Sep 26, 2011
undecidedundecided
Re: My Husband Buys Me ‘crazy’ Lingerie –ex-miss Nigeria Uk by werepeLeri: 8:06am On Sep 26, 2011
So how does that concern us?
Re: My Husband Buys Me ‘crazy’ Lingerie –ex-miss Nigeria Uk by freshbuoy: 4:41pm On Sep 26, 2011
werepeLeri:

So how does that concern us?
I tire oh

(1) (Reply)

Peju Adebajo's Glowing Personality And Charity / Photos: Kollington Ayinla's Daughter Weds / Pete Edochie Comes Back To The Movie Screen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.