Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,626 members, 7,865,529 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:55 PM

Can You Identify Your Generation? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Identify Your Generation? (333 Views)

How Do You Identify GNLD Agencies? / 10 Tips To Help You Identify And Avoid Job Scams / Thread On Payment Issues,kindly Identify Your Issues And Rectify Before 16th Oct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Identify Your Generation? by Rubyjade: 7:16pm On May 10, 2023
I was consulting with a Fintech MD lastweek and during our conversation, we were trying to look at their workplace culture, the many complexes around their operations, and the interchange with the different generations.

We got confused about the generation that was more receptive to change and this brought up the issues of how these were so named.

An understanding of the generational characteristics is a must as personality traits often influence actions and decision making ein creating policies that will encourage optimism performance:

How many of these generations can you identify and what are their peculiarities in determining your work place culture?

đź“Ť Gen Z or Centennials:

Anyone born 1997 onwards. Gen Z grew up with technology, the internet, and social media, which sometimes causes them to be stereotyped as tech-addicted, or “social justice warriors.”

They are pragmatic, focused on saving money, and want brands to constantly innovate.

Known for their resourcefulness and are independent learners who value DEI and place a priority on well-being and mental health in the workplace. They are fiscally conservative with a keen focus on investing, income and values justice and equity.

📍 Millennials or Gen Y or Digital Natives: Born 1977 – 1995.

They are technology natives and grew up with technology, whether a laptop, desktop computer or smartphone.

They crave work-life balance, expect collaboration, require a seat at the table and want to keep on learning. They are fickle and willing to job hop if they aren’t satisfied in their current role.

📍 Generation X: Born 1965 – 1976.

To work and produce is their philosophy of life amd leaves no room for idealism.

Also called Gen Xers, they grew up with minimal adult supervision, quickly learning the value of independence and work-life balance. They also appreciate informality, flexible and are highly educated.

📍 Baby Boomers: Born 1946 – 1964.

Are typically hard-working individuals who often define themselves by their professional accomplishments.

They have strong work ethic and are not afraid to put in a hard day of work. They are usually self-assured and not afraid of independence. Quite competitive, goal-centric, resourceful, mentally focused and team oriented.

đź“Ť Traditionalists or Silent Generation: Born 1945 and before.

The term “Silent Generation” was first documented in a 1951 Time magazine article, which claimed that the most startling fact about this generation was its silence.

They were unaffected by immigration because of the Great Depression and World War II.

Brought up with traditional and cultural values. Social forces emphasized values such as hard work, loyalty and thriftiness when the Silent Generation was coming of age.

I have left out two generations: Greatest Generations (GI - 1901-1924) and Gen Alpha (from 2010 -TD) because of their ages.

Can you identify your generation
Copied
Re: Can You Identify Your Generation? by illicit(m): 10:26pm On May 10, 2023
I belong to Y

But I never got near a working computer till I was in senior secondary school

2 Likes

Re: Can You Identify Your Generation? by Hamachi(f): 4:19am On May 11, 2023
grin
illicit:
I belong to Y

But I never got near a working computer till I was in senior secondary school

2 Likes

Re: Can You Identify Your Generation? by emoboy4u: 4:24am On May 11, 2023
Titles. Just titles everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Can You Identify Your Generation? by Rubyjade: 12:02pm On May 11, 2023
undecided
emoboy4u:
Titles. Just titles everywhere
Re: Can You Identify Your Generation? by Wawelexy(m): 2:18pm On May 11, 2023
Gen Y with thinking capacity of GĂŽ and innovation mentality of Gen alpha

1 Like

Re: Can You Identify Your Generation? by Rubyjade: 8:12am On May 12, 2023
wink
Wawelexy:
Gen Y with thinking capacity of GĂŽ and innovation mentality of Gen alpha

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2023 Meadow Hall Graduate Teacher Trainee Programme!!!! / Vacancies: Data Analyst Trainers Needed In Abuja / WAEC Marking Centre Calls For Checkers At Maryland/ojota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.