Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? (14296 Views)

My Experience As A Recruiter-chika Uwazie @chikauwazie / Points to note before sending out your CV to a recruiter / Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by leroi01(m): 5:57pm On May 11, 2023
randymirrors:

Oh just shut up. Who cares if it's 10 years ago? You were unreasonably arrogant. When you go for an interview, you're not going there to beg, you're not begging anyone for money or favors. You're there to win. And your senses should have told you that, when you want something from someone, the other person automatically has the upperhand. Give to Caeser what he deserves. Nobody asked you to grovel. And yes, you're daft and arrogant. No where did I say or imply that I'm nice. Afterall, I referred you to my comments on this forum.

[/b]You don't tell your interviewer "as you please" . That's just too much[b].

Look at this arse kisser!

Further buttresses the point.

Seek help.
Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by randymirrors(f): 6:11pm On May 11, 2023
leroi01:

See...just move on.. okay.

Move.

If you know your worth and have options, you would think and react differently.

Just move.

Thanks for your interest.

Bye.

Oh please just shut up. Do you know who you're talking to? Can you leave your job before you get another or you stay on your job pending when you get another? How much is your net income per month. Do you know the number of companies I've worked with? Just shut up there.
Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by randymirrors(f): 6:14pm On May 11, 2023
leroi01:

Look at this arse kisser!

Further buttresses the point.

Seek help.

Arse licker kill you there. That's why you'll struggle to reach your potential. Your type has nothing, just empty barrel. You don't tell your interviewer as you please, that's downright silly. You should say, "yes, you can". Which one is as you please? Who do you think you are. If you didn't need the job, why did you go for the interview? Or who do you think you're deceiving with your online braggado?

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by BennyDGreat: 6:14pm On May 11, 2023
mofedamijo:

Even in the U.S, we have some horrible recruiters. They are everywhere. However, they can be reported and someone is likely to join the job market if reported.

I do. Unfortunately, my recruiting projects have been in the U.S, Europe and South Africa. In the last nine months, I have been working on a role in South Africa (recruiting and team building) for a U.S based company.

It was so sad because I couldn't bring the opportunity to Nigeria due to several factors. The salary is around 1million/month (sales executives). Its really difficult convincing any client about hiring from Nigeria. Quite sad.

Well, terrible folks are always everywhere but like you said, they can be reported. For Naija, the reporting doesn't make no difference except in few instances....which involves you knowing some top folks in the coy....

Nigeria has some of the smartest brains hands down....The pressure we face on a daily makes us think out of the box most times....those coys are really losing out on top talents...
Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by leroi01(m): 6:20pm On May 11, 2023
randymirrors:

Oh please just shut up. Do you know who you're talking to? Can you leave your job before you get another or you stay on your job pending when you get another? How much is your net income per month. Do you know the number of companies I've worked with? Just shut up there.

Empty barrel. Carry your insecure, arse kissing, no-self-worth self and .Roll away.

Seek your attention elsewhere.
Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by leroi01(m): 6:23pm On May 11, 2023
randymirrors:

Arse licker kill you there. That's why you'll struggle to reach your potential. Your type has nothing, just empty barrel. You don't tell your interviewer as you please, that's downright silly. You should say, "yes, you can". Which one is as you please? Who do you think you are. If you didn't need the job, why did you go for the interview?

Asides being wrong about all the drivel you wrote up there, you really need to get a life.

Don't come on nairaland to let off familial pressure steam.

Dear men, avoid this one. She's a shrew.

Prolly the type that will kneel for pastor and oga but will be a hag at home.
Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Harrynight(m): 6:24pm On May 11, 2023
When are you planning to get pregnant??

I shocked

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by mofedamijo(m): 6:31pm On May 11, 2023
BennyDGreat:

Well, terrible folks are always everywhere but like you said, they can be reported. For Naija, the reporting doesn't make no difference except in few instances....which involves you knowing some top folks in the coy....

Nigeria has some of the smartest brains hands down....The pressure we face on a daily makes us think out of the box most times....those coys are really losing out on top talents...

Yea, thats the difference.

In regards to talents in Nigeria. That's so true. However, clients do not doubt the quality of talents, they have a problem with the payment structure. Hence, they would rather recruit from countries where payments (salaries) are easier to make.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Vijuchoco(f): 6:33pm On May 11, 2023
R. JOLAD HOSPITAL

Interviewer: Where are you from?

Me: I'm from Edo state

Interviewer: Are you married?

Me: No, I'm not

Interviewer: Where were you when Oshiomole went to marry Iara?

Me: 😳

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by lavylilly: 7:02pm On May 11, 2023
mofedamijo:

All my recruiting projects have been in the U.S and Europe, the only countries I do in Africa are South Africa and Mauritius.

Regardless, send me your email. I will send you an email where to send your resume.

Whenever there is an opening for fully remote role, then I will let you know.
Can I drop your my CV too.
Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by lavylilly: 7:02pm On May 11, 2023
shocked
Harrynight:
When are you planning to get pregnant??

I shocked
Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by randymirrors(f): 7:28pm On May 11, 2023
leroi01:

Asides being wrong about all the drivel you wrote up there, you really need to get a life.

Don't come on nairaland to let off familial pressure steam.

Dear men, avoid this one. She's a shrew.

Prolly the type that will kneel for pastor and oga but will be a hag at home.

Sorry is your case. Consider yourself ignored.
Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by gorgeousnogo(f): 8:00pm On May 11, 2023
sherylbaky:
grin grin grin LWKM
They wanted to consider you for marketing but I guess you had an extremely saint look as at then

Yes, i didn’t even know what I answered. But it felt off to me and since I have not gone for any job interview before, it got me wondering if it’s normal.

Now that I am more enlightened, I now know it’s not normal. I don’t think I have told anyone this.
Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by gorgeousnogo(f): 8:00pm On May 11, 2023
Edoziesmart:

AHH
Is the interviewer a pervert ?

Likely
Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by BennyDGreat: 8:04pm On May 11, 2023
mofedamijo:

Yea, thats the difference.

In regards to talents in Nigeria. That's so true. However, clients do not doubt the quality of talents, they have a problem with the payment structure. Hence, they would rather recruit from countries where payments (salaries) are easier to make.

I know folks who receive payment here without issues....I think it's about asking around to find out which platform is best to use....they can always automate after first payment....

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by leroi01(m): 8:07pm On May 11, 2023
randymirrors:

Sorry is your case. Consider yourself ignored.

Carry your lonely, frustrated self and go o.

Get the self help books tho.

They will help you feel less worthless.

Bye.
Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by IyaTola: 8:14pm On May 11, 2023
undecided
CoolAmbience:

I have not seen any question that would even make me think before answering from the ones being displayed here.

Those are simple questions that one can answer spontaneously.

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by chikasnight: 9:14pm On May 11, 2023
After checking my cv she asked “Why are you looking for a job”, the question still makes me laugh anytime I think of it... 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by isabi2lof: 9:48pm On May 11, 2023
Some recruiters with their nonesence outdated job postings .
Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by mofedamijo(m): 10:34pm On May 11, 2023
lavylilly:
Can I drop your my CV too.

All my recruiting projects have been in the U.S and Europe, the only countries I do in Africa are South Africa and Mauritius.

Regardless, send me your email. I will send you an email where to send your resume.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Wkaay(m): 10:48pm On May 11, 2023
What is the color of your brain
I answered, white

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by QuinModah(f): 8:00am On May 12, 2023
TheGift:

Many recruiters come to recruitment with an air of superiority. Meanwhile, they may not be able to talk to some of those candidates eye to eye on a very good day. Your job as a recruiter is to find the person's fitness (or otherwise) for the role. Not to make them feel small or uncomfortable, or begin to act as a counselor for their personal affairs. It is highly unprofessional.
Fact
Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by QuinModah(f): 8:01am On May 12, 2023
shocked
Wkaay:
What is the color of your brain
I answered, white
Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by QuinModah(f): 8:02am On May 12, 2023
mofedamijo:

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Rubyjade: 8:09am On May 12, 2023
angry
Hezmatosky:

So at your age you never still marry? sad
Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by DaInferno(m): 8:43am On May 12, 2023
leroi01:

Empty barrel. Carry your insecure, arse kissing, no-self-worth self and .Roll away.

Seek your attention elsewhere.
randymirrors:

Oh just shut up. Who cares if it's 10 years ago? You were unreasonably arrogant. When you go for an interview, you're not going there to beg, you're not begging anyone for money or favors. You're there to win. And your senses should have told you that, when you want something from someone, the other person automatically has the upperhand. Give to Caeser what he deserves. Nobody asked you to grovel. And yes, you're daft and arrogant. No where did I say or imply that I'm nice. Afterall, I referred you to my comments on this forum.

You don't tell your interviewer "as you please" . That's just too much.
this one you just the shut everybody up, who go want hear you speak bayi!?

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Oyindamolah: 1:10pm On May 13, 2023
mofedamijo:

Hi Mofe, I wouldn't mind if you could help me too.
Here's my email kemiadeshinaoyindamola@gmail.com
Thank you.
Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by IyaTola: 5:38pm On May 14, 2023
wink
mofedamijo:

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by nuelleoz(m): 11:56pm On May 14, 2023
Tega??

mofedamijo:

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by IyaTola: 7:46am On May 17, 2023
Na wao

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by QuinModah(f): 7:33pm On May 18, 2023
nuelleoz:
Tega??

Do you know him
Re: What's The Most Insensitive Question(s) A Recruiter Has Ever Asked You? by Olaqoz: 9:00pm On May 18, 2023
Hi mode,
Do you mind linking me too.

My email address is alabiqoosimade@gmail.com and contact number is 09031104031
Kindly help a jobless graduate at the moment
mofedamijo:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NNPC Retail Calling For Interview / Society For Family Health (SFH) Fresh Job Recruitment (17 Positions) / Help!!!! Two Interviews On The Same Day!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.