Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC (26741 Views)

Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today / APC Young Aspirants Meet Osinbajo (Photos) / PDP Presidential Aspirants Meet, Sign MOU To Support Whoever Wins The Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by ObidenceNeckpre: 3:37pm On May 11, 2023
The executive dont appoint the leaders of the legislature , surely they don't just sit and fold their hands either , they need a supportive leaders of the legislature to be able to deliver the promises to the the people.
Isobug:
To me, the Legislative arm is not even supposed to have anything in common with the executives apart from scrutinizing request and rules from the executives.
I mean, where is the Checks and Balances if the Executives appoint the leaders of the legislature?

4 Likes

Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 11, 2023
fergie001:

Don't let anybody lie to you. Even in SUG politics, once a President is elected even before swearing-in, his number one focus is who becomes Speaker of the SRC.

If you become President, you will toe this path because you want balance and not someone breathing down your neck. Even in the US and Democracy all over, that has been the pattern.

This is an excuse for corruption

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by StJasper(m): 3:38pm On May 11, 2023
Nemere2020:

https://sunnewsonline.com/nass-leadership-senate-president-aspirants-meet-with-apc-nwc/

When will Orji Uzor Kalu gain sense?
He is pushing on because he feels the northerners will support him. He doesn't know that the northerners will only support one of themselves.

These northerners are working against RESTRUCTURING. Tinubu wants a senate president who believes in RESTRUCTURING and he has found that in Godswill Akpabio.

If Orji Uzor Kalu fails in this venture of his, he should be expecting worse treatment from Tinubu and other vultures. When this happens, I'm very sure it will affect the entire southeast region.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by fergie001: 3:40pm On May 11, 2023
Reinaldo:
This is an excuse for corruption
Will corruption not take place if the President excuses himself?

Buhari had no input in Saraki & co, did that tenure not witness unannounced embezzlement?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by DanAugust2021: 3:41pm On May 11, 2023
RecentHistory:
Tinubu was right to kick this fool aside.
Umahi will perform better as a Senate President compared to this ex-convict, Uzo Kalu. He should go and meet his friend, Lawan to transfer the Senate President to him.

5 Likes

Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 3:43pm On May 11, 2023
UcheKingsley1:
Please I need a bungalow apartment in new owerri for rent, that is alone in a compound even if it's a 2-3 bedroom flat.
Budget is #700k- #800K.
My number is on my profile.
08166632634. Its Close to immaculate hotel... Meanwhile. Where are you?
Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by onuman: 3:44pm On May 11, 2023
Nemere2020:

https://sunnewsonline.com/nass-leadership-senate-president-aspirants-meet-with-apc-nwc/

North wants to provide leadership for the National Assembly for reasons.
Tinubu campaigned from 1999-2010 for political restructuring of Nigeria. So did other southern politicians then.
If a northerner leads the incoming National Assembly, political restructuring of Nigeria will not take place, though the NASS should not have been the right organ to restructure Nigeria politically.
Because northern military leaders solely restructured Nigeria politically, created undue large number and mostly non viable states in the far northerner region through which the northern region draws undue overrepresentation to the NASS.
Whenever south calls for political restructuring of Nigeria, northerners ask the south to come to the NASS for political restructuring, knowing full well that north overwhelmingly overpopulated the NASS.

Nigeria's 36 states and Abuja political structure is overtly lopsided, favouring northern region. It's a fraud because land mass or population figures is never used as yardstick to proliferate too many new federating units in a region with larger land mass or population, in a country formed by diverse regions. There should have been more states in the two southern regions than in the one northern region. Three regions formed Nigeria in 1960.
Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by Suleiman45(m): 3:44pm On May 11, 2023
Generalwoodz:
In grand scheme of things counting Uzor is a fruitless endeavor. The people who run the show are steadfastly working behind the scene while he's outside blabbing

In other news: Do you have a LinkedIn account for sell? I wanna buy
how much u wan buy am
Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by Jagabanarmy: 3:45pm On May 11, 2023
Nemere2020:

Micro-zone it to southern Nigeria and allow all candidates from the zone to contest the position like the presidential primaries of APC. When Adamu announced Lawan as consensus candidate,we all protested against it. Let the right thing be done by the party
Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by Suleiman45(m): 3:47pm On May 11, 2023
Generalwoodz:
In grand scheme of things counting Uzor is a fruitless endeavor. The people who run the show are steadfastly working behind the scene while he's outside blabbing

call me make we talk cus na small phone i dey use 07015083474
Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by Greattie08: 3:48pm On May 11, 2023
priceactionx:
Tomorrow now he will say they misquoted him. That's what always put them to trouble. Why can't he bring the shocker if he has the number during the election of their leader instead of talking carelessly that might put him in trouble. If he support opposition party and loss out again, they will punish him for anti party. He needs to thread carefully. He should learn from saraki, though rebellious but very smart at that.
I will prefer someone to checkmate the activities of the presidency and still perform very well. But seems we lack it in Nigerian politics.

Your comment is balanced!

He, OUK, is fond of political miscalculation, he was the one who bluntly went against the Party's decision to shift power to the South by supporting the current SP who lost out, now, he is ranting again to go Saraki's way... Did he forget that he was passive throughout APC's campaign & what is his performance? did he get 25% votes for his Party in the just concluded Presidential poll? While I seek for Equity, Justice & Fairness, I consider Regional & Religious balancing to be considered as well, while seeking a NASS that is never a Rubber Stamped neither will the NASS always be at the loggerhead at all time rather make policies for the betterment of Nigerians!

4 Likes

Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 11, 2023
Generalwoodz:

Why would you want to buy a LinkedIn account that belongs to someone else, don't you realize this is an illegal and criminal activity you are trying to engage in and later you will join to bame our politicians for doing likewise.

You should have your own LinkedIn account instead of looking to buy other people's identity.
If we want Nigeria to be good, lets begin to learn to be law abiding.

@Seun, I do not expect you to condone this type of illegal solicitation on Nairaland!

1 Like

Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by ivolt: 3:57pm On May 11, 2023
fergie001:

Don't let anybody lie to you. Even in SUG politics, once a President is elected even before swearing-in, his number one focus is who becomes Speaker of the SRC.

If you become President, you will toe this path because you want balance and not someone breathing down your neck. Even in the US and Democracy all over, that has been the pattern.

The second part of your statement is false.
No advanced democracy would you find a president enforcing a speaker or senate candidate.
It is absurd to say the least.

In fact in the US you mentioned, the speaker and senate leader is already known before
the presidential primary is conducted based on simple majority projections and past senior positions.

1 Like

Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by Peacecore: 4:06pm On May 11, 2023
Isobug:
To me, the Legislative arm is not even supposed to have anything in common with the executives apart from scrutinizing request and rules from the executives.
I mean, where is the Checks and Balances if the Executives appoint the leaders of the legislature?
Sometimes we should keep political affiliation and sentiments aside and comment wise and logically. What does it benefit a sitting president to have his enemy in the other arm of the govt who has some levels of constitutional powers to stop his intending policies?? This is not the first time the executive is trying to foster a cordial leadership the two arm by determine who get what. Not just in Nigeria but all over the world as far as you have the majority. Go and do your research, and you will do the same if you are to be in his shoes
Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by jaxxy(m): 4:10pm On May 11, 2023
fergie001:

aslong as uts ur party why should he be bothered who the particular person is? the problem with apc is they are all criminals which various agendas.
Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by Isobug: 4:12pm On May 11, 2023
Peacecore:
Sometimes we should keep political affiliation and sentiments aside and comment wise and logically. What does it benefit a sitting president to have his enemy in the other arm of the govt who has some levels of constitutional powers to stop his intending policies?? This is not the first time the executive is trying to foster a cordial leadership the two arm by determine who get what. Not just in Nigeria but all over the world as far as you have the majority. Go and do your research, and you will do the same if you are to be in his shoes
The legislature is there to protect the people and make laws that will benefit the Citizens. It's the executive that always want to bend issues to their own favor. There's even a Checks and Balances already in the legislature owing to their different political parties, so even if the policy at hand is not good for the citizens, the other group will challenge
Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by ezegenigbonine: 4:12pm On May 11, 2023
H20nogetenemy:
Most people from AfghanEastern are notorious for grandstanding, chest beating, rabble rousing, noise making, ingratitude, lack of respect for elders & constituted authorities & very apt in playing victim-cards & crying fouls.

What has Kalu done for APC to demand for Senate President? The position can go to anyone, either from AfghanEastern/SE or anyone from any sane region.

- Kalu worked tirelessly against the candidature of his Southern Brothers who are gunning for the N0. 1 position. When it became clear that Buhari & Adamu were going for Ahmed Lawan as Buhari's successor, this ex-convict publicity supported him beating his chest that himself & Lawan were classmate and therefore will prefer Lawan ahead of anyone from the south as president, including Tinubu and other southern aspirants. He doesn't care if power remains in the north just to prove to some perceived enemies in SW that he's got some balls.

- On the 25th of February 2023, after voting at his polling unit, he deliberately voted a canceled vote by placing his indexed inked finger on APC & Accord party, resulting in canceled vote. HIS OWN VOTE DID NOT COUNT FOR APC PRESIDENTIAL FLAG BEARER.

- Remember that NASS election and Presidential election were conducted simultaneously and on same date. Isn't it surprising that Kalu, a senatorial candidate WON with landslide, while the Presidential candidate on the same day, same ballot LOST & got only 8,914 votes. What a laughable traitor! Obi won, but Tinubu lost. Igbos voted for Kalu because they love him, they voted against Tinubu because they don't like a "drug baron". Most highbrow mansions in AfghanEastern are owned by drug Lord.

- APC Presidential candidate campaign train visited AfghanEastern 8 times before the election, Kalu was absent from them all. Coincidence?

MY VERDICT
- Any noise maker from AfghanEastern can go to hell. SE does nothing to deserve the position of Senate President. After All, it has produced up to 5 Senate presidents since 1999. I wish David Umahi is a ranking senator, he would have make a perfect fit.

Kalu should know that their is fitting "treasure" in store for treachery behavior.

Am trying to understand what you just typed

2 Likes

Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by iokpebholo: 4:13pm On May 11, 2023
The same senate president PDP gave Ibos freely but yet them no value qm say they prefer APC......Enjoy ur APC oh and leave us alone
Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by WorldRichest: 4:14pm On May 11, 2023
Go and ask Saraki the lessons that Tinubu taught him
Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by Bluntemperor: 4:15pm On May 11, 2023
Throwback:
Ok

But Kalu was never belongs na,yet he de treat like this! Na wao!
Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by obembet(f): 4:16pm On May 11, 2023
priceactionx:
Tomorrow now he will say they misquoted him. That's what always put them to trouble. Why can't he bring the shocker if he has the number during the election of their leader instead of talking carelessly that might put him in trouble. If he support opposition party and loss out again, they will punish him for anti party. He needs to thread carefully. He should learn from saraki, though rebellious but very smart at that.
I will prefer someone to checkmate the activities of the presidency and still perform very well. But seems we lack it in Nigerian politics.

Funny enough na him news papers carry the News
Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 11, 2023
chuose:
Just as its not time for an Igbo man to be President, its not time for an Igbo man to become Senate President

I wish a Muslim still take the position..

Since this fool supported Muslim Muslim tickets...

1 Like

Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by Peacecore: 4:26pm On May 11, 2023
Isobug:

The legislature is there to protect the people and make laws that will benefit the Citizens. It's the executive that always want to bend issues to their own favor. There's even a Checks and Balances already in the legislature owing to their different political parties, so even if the policy at hand is not good for the citizens, the other group will challenge
Of course, you're right. That's the reason for existence of the arm of govt, check and balance but have you forgotten that this is politics which is defined as who get what, how and when? Your enemy who has an eye on your position if allowed to emerge the leader of the legislative arm of the govt has the power to bring you down and ascend to your position. He can do it
1. Impeachment
2. Working against any good policy that will promote your goodwill among the people thereby getting you kicked out in next election or possibly sparkling revolution against your govt.
As I said before, I happens all over the world including that country you called the mist sane one.

1 Like

Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 4:38pm On May 11, 2023
This betrayer again, e go shock you.
Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:40pm On May 11, 2023
Isobug:
governance isn't war there's collaboration amongst organs of govt despite checks and balances and these checks must be within d ambit of the law...

1 Like

Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by fergie001: 4:41pm On May 11, 2023
ivolt:

The second part of your statement is false.
No advanced democracy would you find a president enforcing a speaker or senate candidate.
It is absurd to say the least.
It is not absurd.
We all knew who they were rooting for even before they won their elections.

In fact in the US you mentioned, the speaker and senate leader is already known before
the presidential primary is conducted based on simple majority projections and past senior positions.
How are they known?
That is because they were first leader of the Caucus.

Let's not pretend about these things abeg.
How do they become leader of the Caucus?

Just recently in the US lower house, a McCarthy was not made Speaker at first hand, the first in US history why?
This is because some Republican members wanted a commitment from him and decided to abstain, he had to concur to the agreement before they backed him after at least the seventh time of calling for voting or so.

Let's not get emotional, it's simply Party Politics. I believe our problem here is the character of the Candidates, tell me just one name better than the other there.
Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by package7(m): 4:42pm On May 11, 2023
Kanu orji you are traitor from the beginning of creation. Your tribes are know for that. You will not succeed. after all you never supported Asiwaju. You initially jumping around with Ahmed Lawan. Traitors the spirit of Arthur Nzeribe is all over you people. Nonsense and ingredients fellow.
Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by fergie001: 4:42pm On May 11, 2023
jaxxy:

aslong as uts ur party why should he be bothered who the particular person is? the problem with apc is they are all criminals which various agendas.
What people might crticise are the persons who have dubious characters. However, to say the President prefers this person as Speaker or so is simply Party Politics.
Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:45pm On May 11, 2023
fergie001:

but the president must be discerning enough to know who members want... In 2015 nothing would have stopped saraki to be Senate president... Trying to impose an unpopular candidate ll backfire... This is where tajudeen abas ll have issues unlike Akpabio... In 2019 gbajia and Lawan campaign to all colleagues and won on their merit... APC should allow members campaign let who is popular and accepted win simple and short after al even during APC president primaries tinubu himself opposed consensus and said he would accept defeat at the field...
Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by Tareq1105: 4:45pm On May 11, 2023
fergie001:

It's only a mumu president that would not be interested in who becomes president of the Senate and Speaker House of Reps.

Buhari said he was ready to work with anybody. We all saw how Saraki became a thorn in his flesh.

In USA where we copied presidential system, the VP is the Senate President.

So why crying over influence of the executive?
Re: We Will Brazenly Disobey The Party: Uzor Kalu, Senate Aspirants Meet APC NWC by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:49pm On May 11, 2023
Generalwoodz:

exactly if he is sure campaign and on nass floor u win just like saraki dogara won in 2015...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adamawa People Honour Osinbajo Because Of His Loyalty To Buhari (Photos) / If Tinubu Supports The Right Person, I’ll Support The Wrong Person — Adams / Sani Warns El-rufai To Stop ‘eyeing’ Buhari’s Seat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.