Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

"Not My King" King Charles III Called Out For Locking Up Protesters - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / "Not My King" King Charles III Called Out For Locking Up Protesters (494 Views)

''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) / Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) / King Charles III Officially Names William, Kate, Prince And Princess Of Wales (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Not My King" King Charles III Called Out For Locking Up Protesters by DyshApp: 4:56pm On May 11, 2023
As the coronation of King Charles III and Camilla took place last Saturday, many public figures, celebrities, and royal families were in attendance to celebrate the ceremony of Charles becoming King and Camilla becoming Queen Consort.

However, some of the British public were not in the mood to celebrate and instead were opposed to the monarchy still being kept alive in the 21st century.
As the royal procession passed on its way to Westminster Abbey, anti-monarchy protesters made sure that the three-word chant "Not my King" was heard at full volume for everyone to hear.

The bronze statue of Charles I on horseback on the corner of Trafalgar Square was surrounded by armed police, but that didn't stop protesters from choosing that spot to make their voices heard.

Scotland Yard said officers made 52 arrests on Saturday for offences including affray, public order offences, breach of the peace and conspiracy to cause a public nuisance. A police statement said that "Lock-on" devices were confiscated during the arrest of Republic supporters, but the group denied having any of those devices. It claimed one protester was arrested for possession of a string that was part of a placard.

Read the full story on Dyshus webpage(link in bio)

Was King Charles wrong in putting these protesters behind bar ?

Join us on our politics Lounge your official space for sharing and discussing the world's politics

Re: "Not My King" King Charles III Called Out For Locking Up Protesters by Exc2000: 5:03pm On May 11, 2023
A king is neither wrong nor right... He can decree anything to law
Re: "Not My King" King Charles III Called Out For Locking Up Protesters by PrinceOfLagos: 5:05pm On May 11, 2023
See how this lady balance herself grin

Nigerian police will drag her by the hair and into there dirty van

1 Like

Re: "Not My King" King Charles III Called Out For Locking Up Protesters by Exc2000: 5:16pm On May 11, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Tinubu is your President APC

Uzodinma is your Governor in Imo State

Obi is a mere third class Philosophy graduate that came third in Presidential election

GRV got defeated in Lagos

Just a reminder

1 Like

Re: "Not My King" King Charles III Called Out For Locking Up Protesters by VeryWickedPrick: 5:33pm On May 11, 2023
Useless archaic country still practising monarchy in 2023. They hate African kings but exalt theirs.

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: "Not My King" King Charles III Called Out For Locking Up Protesters by dawnomike(m): 5:59pm On May 11, 2023
He didn't put the behind bars, the police did... #HowSystemWorks
Re: "Not My King" King Charles III Called Out For Locking Up Protesters by Christistruth02: 6:06pm On May 11, 2023
King Charles who didn’t even know what was happening outside Westminster Abbey
Re: "Not My King" King Charles III Called Out For Locking Up Protesters by DatNiggaDaz: 6:29pm On May 11, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Chai

Re: "Not My King" King Charles III Called Out For Locking Up Protesters by Mindlog: 6:37pm On May 11, 2023
Exc2000:

Tinubu is your President APC

Uzodinma is your Governor in Imo State

Obi is a mere third class Philosophy graduate that came third in Presidential election

GRV got defeated in Lagos

Just a reminder

Another reminder..... don't skip your antipsychotics again.
Re: "Not My King" King Charles III Called Out For Locking Up Protesters by DyshApp: 9:56pm On May 12, 2023
Exc2000:
A king is neither wrong nor right... He can decree anything to law

Yes it's shocking that an advanced country like theirs still practices monarchy, normally they don't know arrest protesters but what the police said was their reason for arresting them was even more shocking
Re: "Not My King" King Charles III Called Out For Locking Up Protesters by DyshApp: 10:00pm On May 12, 2023
dawnomike:
He didn't put the behind bars, the police did... #HowSystemWorks

Just like when the Lagos state governor said that her did not deploy police to the #ENDSARS protest😒
Re: "Not My King" King Charles III Called Out For Locking Up Protesters by DyshApp: 10:01pm On May 12, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
Chai
Lol so true😂

(1) (Reply)

Gabon Or Niger Republic: Where Will ECOWAS, AU Face Now? / Barrack Obama’s Statement On HAMAS Invasion Of Isreal. / If Obama Comes To Your Country Today, Would You Go Greet Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.