Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,257 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US (1339 Views)

May 29: Remove Your Aircraft From Abuja Airport, FAAN Orders Airlines / Tinubu: Don't Expect My Wife Back In The Senate, She Will Be My Housewife / More Helicopter Gunships, Fighter Aircraft Deployed To Zamfara State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by Biodun556(m): 11:12am On May 12, 2023
Nigeria worst security challenge under Jonathan was only second to Nigeria civil war partly due to US arm embargo. Thanks to Donald Trump that relieved Nigeria.

US sold super tucano to Nigeria and still dictates the part of the country they can be used and the type of fight they can be used for. What non sense?

Turkey was part of F35 program, ordered 100 and payed 1 billion dollars. US cancel the order, removed turkey from the program and refuse to pay back the money. What rubbish?

There many countries that produce top notch fight aircraft aside from the 5 super powers.

Sweden, Italy, Pakistan, south Korea, turkey are better alternative, they produce top grade weapons without unnecessary conditions is just that they lack international economic and political power to bully countries to buy like US does.

6 Likes

Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by Biodun556(m): 11:13am On May 12, 2023
U
Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by Biodun556(m): 11:16am On May 12, 2023
May God bless Tinubu with long life and sound health and make his tenure a prosperity for me and my family

Me and my wife secured job under Buhari government , may Allah continue to bless us and make Tinubu government a source of more success and prosperity

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by VeryWickedPrick: 11:18am On May 12, 2023
Show her the room where Jubrin Al-Sudani Almohammadi slept.

1 Like

Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by Biodun556(m): 7:13am On May 13, 2023
J
Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by spy24(m): 7:44am On May 13, 2023
Ona don come again...

Why can't Nigeria produce her own military gadget

3 Likes

Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by Eteka1(m): 7:48am On May 13, 2023
Russian jets are better alternatives than those countries you mentioned.
Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by Biodun556(m): 9:03am On May 13, 2023
Eteka1:
Russian jets are better alternatives than those countries you mentioned.

There are just little differences

All are products of technology transfer from one country to another

No much difference

Most south Africa fighter jets are from Sweden
Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by Parachoko: 9:29am On May 13, 2023
Asiwaju will likely lean towards the West

1 Like

Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by Biodun556(m): 9:45am On May 13, 2023
Parachoko:
Asiwaju will likely lean towards the West

So true but may lead to disappointment
Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by omohayek: 9:52am On May 13, 2023
Biodun556:

Only for those few who are like you in fantasizing about fighter jets, even while 90% of the Nigerian government's revenue is already going towards the servicing of loans, and basics like clean water and functioning roads remain neglected. That's leaving aside your total ignorance of geopolitics, which is why you fail to understand America kicked Turkey out of the F-35 program because of Erdogan's perverse insistence on buying Russia's S-400 system instead of going to one of its NATO allies. What sort of "ally" patronizes the very country you're supposedly in alliance against?

There are far more important priorities on the incoming president's plate than this particular niche obsession of yours. Who does Nigeria need such aircraft to defend itself from? Benin? Togo? Cameroon? Niger? Even Boko Haram doesn't need F-16s to combat, let alone F-35s, so please stop bothering us with your irrelevant "Top Gun" fantasies.

3 Likes

Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by Parachoko: 9:55am On May 13, 2023
Biodun556:

Well, I disagree with you
Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by Biodun556(m): 9:59am On May 13, 2023
omohayek:

Only for those few who are like you in fantasizing about fighter jets, even while 90% of the Nigerian government's revenue is already going towards the servicing of loans, and basics like clean water and functioning roads remain neglected. That's leaving aside your total ignorance of geopolitics, which is why you fail to understand America kicked Turkey out of the F-35 program because of Erdogan's perverse insistence on buying Russia's S-400 system instead of going to one of its NATO allies. What sort of "ally" patronizes the very country you're supposedly in alliance against?

There are far more important priorities on the incoming president's plate than this particular niche obsession of yours. Who does Nigeria need such aircraft to defend itself from? Benin? Togo? Cameroon? Niger? Even Boko Haram doesn't need F-16s to combat, let alone F-35s, so please stop bothering us with your irrelevant "Top Gun" fantasies.

Serious countries don't wait for war before equipping their military.

Anyway, I don't have interest in exchange idea with trolls like you.

3 Likes

Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by Biodun556(m): 10:00am On May 13, 2023
Parachoko:
Well, I disagree with you

Jonathan will never forgive Obama in his entire life
Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by omohayek: 10:07am On May 13, 2023
Biodun556:

Serious countries don't wait for war before equipping their military.

Anyway, I don't have interest in exchange idea with trolls like you.
You are the troll, not me, for constantly spamming this forum with your Tom Cruise wannabe fantasies. You don't have any "ideas" to exchange in the first place, just fanboy yearning for the Nigerian government to squander hundreds of millions of USD on 5th-generation aircraft at the expense of real priorities like reducing infant mortality, providing clean water, ensuring universal primary education and other such matters you no doubt find "boring" but everyone with sense considers vital. As if a clown like you were the alpha and omega of defining what constitutes a "serious country" and what doesn't!

7 Likes

Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by keymatt(m): 10:12am On May 13, 2023
Mandate theif buy fighter jet for where? Thieves belong in jail not in govt. cheesy

Tinubu will never smell Aso Rock talk more of being sweared in.
Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by Biodun556(m): 10:12am On May 13, 2023
omohayek:

You are the troll, not me, for constantly spamming this forum with your Tom Cruise wannabe fantasies. You don't have any "ideas" to exchange in the first place, just fanboy yearning for the Nigerian government to squander hundreds of millions of USD on 5th-generation aircraft at the expense of real priorities like reducing infant mortality, providing clean water, ensuring universal primary education and other such matters you no doubt find "boring" but everyone with sense considers vital. As if a clown like you were the alpha and omega of defining what constitutes a "serious country" and what doesn't!

Pls take your frustrations to your family. I'm not interested

2 Likes

Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by MadamExcellency: 10:17am On May 13, 2023
Biodun556:

He offered you a much needed lesson for free and the least you can do is to thank him.

You have been schooled.

3 Likes

Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by omohayek: 10:18am On May 13, 2023
Biodun556:

As if you had anything more to offer than personal insults ... Keep your fantasies to yourself, and no one will bother you with unpleasant realities in future. You can't expect to open topics on a public forum and only hear back from people willing to reinforce your daydreams.

1 Like

Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by Biodun556(m): 10:20am On May 13, 2023
MadamExcellency:

He offered you a much needed lesson for free and the least you can do is to thank him.

You have been schooled.

Keep using different account

Troll
Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by kettykings: 10:22am On May 13, 2023
May 29th has not reached and of all things bothering them it is fighter jets
Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by MadamExcellency: 10:28am On May 13, 2023
Biodun556:

Keep using different account

Troll

A troll is definitely better than a goon.

Nigeria is seeking for social justice and your are seeking for conflict and a way to perpetuate conflict.

Tinubu wants to talk to various factions in the conflicts destabilising Nigeria and you like Buhari wants collateral damage and force that never solved any problem.

2 Likes

Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by Biodun556(m): 10:43am On May 13, 2023
MadamExcellency:

A troll is definitely better than a goon.

Nigeria is seeking for social justice and your are seeking for conflict and a way to perpetuate conflict.

Tinubu wants to talk to various factions in the conflicts destabilising Nigeria and you like Buhari wants collateral damage and force that never solved any problem.

If Nigeria had prepared for eventuality, Boko Haram would have been defeated by now

Nigerian military is totally backward, number 5 in Africa. Is that a good reputation for us?

There are many challenges surrounding Nigeria, if I chose military you choose something else to discuss.
Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by Biodun556(m): 2:58pm On May 13, 2023
Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by ivolt: 3:17pm On May 13, 2023
Biodun556:
Nigeria worst security challenge under Jonathan was only second to Nigeria civil war partly due to US arm embargo. Thanks to Donald Trump that relieved Nigeria.

Since when did arm embargo become a problem?

Aren't you one of those who celebrated the arms embargo?
I mean all your favourite APC governors and admins personally went to the US to meet with Jonh Kerry.
They requested that the embargo should be further tightened against Nigeria just because they wanted to win an election.
They claimed the "Jonathanian army" is deliberately killing civilians.

When the desperate GEJ went for South Africa black market deal.
South Africa seized Nigerian bought weapon on the instructions of the US
via intelligence leakage from the same goon who now claim to be patriot.
You guys celebrated the seizure and labelled Oritsejafor a gun runner for lending his jet for the purchase.

I see that you didn't list Russia as an alternative as you don't want to put your principal in serious problem.

FYI, only Turkey and Pakistan are partially free of US influence.
And Nigeria have been buying from Pakistan while Turkey is not a serious jet supplier.

As for the other countries, just hope another foolish set of people don't start writing treasonous letters for political gain. All the US need to do to enforce another embargo is to raise another set of human rights allegations and those countries will fall in line.

4 Likes

Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:20pm On May 13, 2023
Biodun556:

US sold super tucano to Nigeria and still dictates the part of the country they can be used and the type of fight they can be used for. What non sense?

Turkey was part of F35 program, ordered 100 and payed 1 billion dollars. US cancel the order, removed turkey from the program and refuse to pay back the money. What rubbish?

There many countries that produce top notch fight aircraft aside from the 5 super powers.

Sweden, Italy, Pakistan, south Korea, turkey are better alternative, they produce top grade weapons without unnecessary conditions is just that they lack international economic and political power to bully countries to buy like US does.
Does a beggar in deat have a choice

1 Like

Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by MasterJayJay: 3:20pm On May 13, 2023
Who needs fighter jet when you can recruit 50 million soldiers and feed them agbado?
Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by Biodun556(m): 3:38pm On May 13, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Does a beggar in deat have a choice

If we could pay 800 million dollars for a third generation super tucano fighter aircraft then we are not beggars
Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by Biodun556(m): 3:48pm On May 13, 2023
ivolt:

Since when did arm embargo become a problem?

Aren't you one of those who celebrated the arms embargo?
I mean all your favourite APC governors and admins personally went to the US to meet with Jonh Kerry.
They requested that the embargo should be further tightened against Nigeria just because they wanted to win an election.
They claimed the "Jonathanian army" is deliberately killing civilians.

When the desperate GEJ went for South Africa black market deal.
South Africa seized Nigerian bought weapon on the instructions of the US
via intelligence leakage from the same goon who now claim to be patriot.
You guys celebrated the seizure and labelled Oritsejafor a gun runner for lending his jet for the purchase.

I see that you didn't list Russia as an alternative as you don't want to put your principal in serious problem.

FYI, only Turkey and Pakistan are partially free of US influence.
And Nigeria have been buying from Pakistan while Turkey is not a serious jet supplier.

As for the other countries, just hope another foolish set of people don't start writing treasonous letters for political gain. All the US need to do to enforce another embargo is to raise another set of human rights allegations and those countries will fall in line.

Jonathan should have looked for alternative as Buhari did

I said 'US embargo was partly responsible'

While the bulk of the blame goes to Jonathan who could not think outside the box and find reliable alternative

Buhari bought super tucano from US. thanks to trump

He bought 24 M346 fighter jets from Italy ( on order to arrive this year)

He bought like 20 warships from different countries

3 J17 fighter jets from Pakistan

Close to 20 helicopters from Russia

UAV from China and Turkey

And many more

This is more reasonable than Jonathan that spent 2 billion dollars meant for ammunition on election because of US embargo

Jonathan is indeed a buffoons
Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by Elliotg: 3:59pm On May 13, 2023
omohayek:

His fantasy is to see Tinubu using those war planes to level Igbo land to the ground. No other thing dey him mind.
Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by Elliotg: 4:04pm On May 13, 2023
Biodun556:

If Nigeria had prepared for eventuality, Boko Haram would have been defeated by now

Nigerian military is totally backward, number 5 in Africa. Is that a good reputation for us?

There are many challenges surrounding Nigeria, if I chose military you choose something else to discuss.
It is social and economic justice that keeps a nation one, not military might. If Nigeria should go into seriouswar with another country today, she will not survive it. Why? It is because there is not social and economic justice which would make the people become patriotic.

1 Like

Re: Advice to Tinubu: Don't buy fighter aircraft from the US by ivolt: 4:16pm On May 13, 2023
Biodun556:

Jonathan should have looked for alternative as Buhari did

I said 'US embargo was partly responsible'

While the bulk of the blame goes to Jonathan who could not think outside the box and find reliable alternative

Buhari bought super tucano from US. thanks to trump

He bought 24 M346 fighter jets from Italy ( on order to arrive this year)

He bought like 20 warships from different countries

3 J17 fighter jets from Pakistan

Close to 20 helicopters from Russia

UAV from China and Turkey

And many more

This is more reasonable than Jonathan that spent 2 billion dollars meant for ammunition on election because of US embargo

Jonathan is indeed a buffoons

There is nothing outside the box about buying arms from Russia, even ordinary African warlord
does it. But when you need an advantage in the battlefield, real arms are not sweets that you picked on
shelves on demand. They take time.
In fact, most of weapons and equipment delivered at the beginning of Buhari's administration were ordered by GEJ
despite what Lai Muhammed claimed.

BTW, Buhari didn't have Obama gunning for his head neither did he have a desperate gang
of traitors looking to sabotage the military.
I mean the west who many of you are now campaigning against treated Buhari like some
sort of royalty at the beginning of his administration having bought into his "integrity" lies.

Again, you should stop mentioning European countries as alternatives to sourcing for serious gadgets,
when the US bark, they back down.

Either you exhibit bravery by suggesting Russia or you stick to the second rate Pakistan and Turkey.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwankwaso, Peter Obi Helped Tinubu Become President – Deji Adeyanju / Ministerial Slot Tears APC Youths Apart, As 30 Leaders Back Seyi Tinubu / Revdesmondjuju, Why Do You Hate Igbos So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.