Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,405 members, 7,830,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists (1504 Views)

Obi Insists Coastal Highway Project Is Not A Priority / I’m Not Desperate To Be President — Peter Obi Insists / VP Debate: Obi Insists On Statistical Data, Provides Sources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by Bobloco: 5:16pm On May 12, 2023
Former Anambra State Governor, and presidential candidate of Labour Party, LP, in the last election, Mr Peter Obi has insisted that he must be President of Nigeria.

Obi, who is in court with the winner of the just concluded election, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, said he is convinced in his spirit that he will be President.

DAILY POST reports that the LP candidate spoke during the launch of a book written in his honour: ‘Peter Obi: Many Voices, One Perspective’, in Awka, Anambra State.

Obi said: “Anyone who thinks I’m on transit is wasting his time. Let me tell you, I must be the president of this country. I’m sure of that. If it is not today, it must be tomorrow.

“Other people who want to be, should come and tell us what they want to do, and how to do it. This is my country, I don’t have dual citizenship. If anyone thinks I am going to run away from Nigeria, they are lying.

“I have three engagements in Anambra and Lagos today. I will be speaking in Lagos tonight. We will not leave Nigeria. I am not in a hurry to become the president, but I know it must happen.

“For three years I was in court in Anambra to reclaim my governorship, just to challenge the process. Many people tried to discourage me, but I said even if the entire four years tenure elapsed for us to prove a point and correct the process, I will be fulfilled.

“My argument is that, let’s do what is right. I always tell everyone that I will not give people money to do the wrong thing. I have been the chairman of a committee; TETFUND committee, and Prof Mahmood was my member. We know ourselves, but when he became INEC chairman, I have never met him. I told him, you’re an umpire, just do what is right.

“If you have the chance to do the right thing, and you insist on perpetuating anarchy, then, it will consume everybody one day. I insist that we must do the right thing.

“I was in an event yesterday in Abuja, and it was World Food Organisation. I listened to report that stated that Nigeria will face intense hunger in years to come.

“It is Nigeria that will face hunger, not Peter Obi. The report listed Borno, Adamawa and Yobe as the states that will be worse hit, but those three states put together are five times larger in land mass of Israel, yet Egypt exports food, but Nigeria cannot feed itself.

“So we must cultivate a habit of doing the right thing. If we don’t do the right thing, it will consume us some day.”

One of the editors of the book, Prof Chinyere Okunna in her remarks said the launching was geared towards raising funds for the financing of the matter before the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal (PEPT).

“We believe in Obi. He is not a saint, but among all the people who contested to become president, none comes close to him in humility, education, love of the people, experience and knowledge.

“Litigation is a very capital intensive project and we want to support him through this launching. It was very clear that Obi won the election, but we want to call on the judiciary to be upright in their judgement and do the right thing,” she said.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/05/12/i-must-be-president-of-nigeria-peter-obi-insists/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by Ofunaofu: 5:17pm On May 12, 2023
This country must be rescued from those whose sole aim is to criminally capture the country

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by Olaoluwa112(m): 5:17pm On May 12, 2023
he is not forcing his way. meanwhile https://www.nairaland.com/7686919/phone-been-stolen
Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by yarimo(m): 5:17pm On May 12, 2023
Peter Grigori obi MUST kee you there

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by YouandiAllofus: 5:19pm On May 12, 2023
If you are not sure of yourself, no one will champion your course. Not even the judiciary. Mr. Obi is projecting a positive future for Nigeria: that we all look forward to.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by richmond500: 5:21pm On May 12, 2023
Hmm.
Pls all the youths, let's gather here and start insulting ourselves for these politicians, cos that's the only thing we are cursed to do.

It's obvious there's already no chance for us in leading Nigerian cos these people are not ready to relinquish power to us and we are not ready to fight for power
Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by raskymonojendor: 5:25pm On May 12, 2023
Alawada kerikeri

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by Jones4190(m): 5:25pm On May 12, 2023
what figure of speech is this?

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by RockHard: 5:27pm On May 12, 2023
He must've meant to say President of Biafra, coz Nigeria already has a duly elected president-elect. Or if he's in a hurry, his social media fans can make him their e-President. Make e dey govern them on Twitter and the likes. Ko kan aiye.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by Felabrity: 5:33pm On May 12, 2023
Wahala
Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by Lovelive: 5:34pm On May 12, 2023
Upon all that is written up there, is this what your upstair can comprehend?

I pity you but I can't help.

yarimo:
Peter Grigori obi MUST kee you there

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by Odin13: 5:38pm On May 12, 2023
grin
Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by danijesus(m): 5:41pm On May 12, 2023
That's the spirit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by khalling2008: 5:44pm On May 12, 2023
President of biafra you mean or president of Ipob?. You are sleeping and dreaming on running bicycle. Who knows Gregory Obi in the northern state or south west? Or are you talk8ng about your manhood that you are looking in the court of law. If na dream, I beg go and sleep back, it can never work in this country except in Biafra land

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by LegendHero(m): 5:48pm On May 12, 2023
Lol this man don kolomental finally.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by IVORY2009(m): 6:31pm On May 12, 2023
The drug dealer must not sit on that sit, otherwise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by baretalk: 7:39pm On May 12, 2023
Don't carry your Ipob terrorist behavior enter Nigeria politics, this is Nigeria presidency we are talking about, not ipob presidency, otherwise we dump you where you partner Kanu is.
Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by Guestlander: 7:42pm On May 12, 2023
Must be president! Is Gregory planning a coup?
Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by baretalk: 7:42pm On May 12, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
If you are not sure of yourself, no one will champion your course. Not even the judiciary. Mr. Obi is projecting a positive future for Nigeria: that we all look forward to.
Speak for yourself. He lies too much, full of deceit. He is too weak to be our president, no honor. Still denying the yes daddy phone conversation.
Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by EmeeNaka: 7:47pm On May 12, 2023
Misleading title.

Nigerians voted for Obi but INEC destroyed the people confidence in electoral process by declaring Tinubu winner.
Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by YouandiAllofus: 7:59pm On May 12, 2023
Y
Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by jibs4lv(m): 10:01pm On May 12, 2023
Obi is frustrated already. Why the Senseless must? If religion and ethnic can make you president, we will be addressing you as president elect today but Nigerians are wiser, we already see through your hypocrisy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by MiztaDynameek: 12:05am On May 13, 2023
Abeg go fight for Biafra and become their president. Nigerians don't need an evil deceiving lying criminal like PO.
Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by khalling2008: 4:53am On Oct 02, 2023
President of Boafra you will become not the president
Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by Sharpsharp00123: 5:05am On Oct 02, 2023
Ofunaofu:
This country must be rescued from those whose sole aim is to criminally capture the country
the country will never b handed over to those greedy lots who dragged us the needless war by killing leaders of other regions
Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by Sharpsharp00123: 5:06am On Oct 02, 2023
Jones4190:
what figure of speech is this?
future impossicant speech
Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by Sharpsharp00123: 5:18am On Oct 02, 2023
IVORY2009:
The drug dealer must not sit on that sit, otherwise
the greatest surprise in d world is when an Igbo person is calling someone a drug dealer

Like an Igbo calling someone a drug dealer, imagine chinedu dey call person drug dealer

One funny this is that

Chinedu that the last time he saw his dad was when he was 7 years n now he’s 35 years n he never set his eyes on his dad cos his dad in serving life sentence in India

Emeka that 2 of his siblings have been executed abroad for drug related offenses will come online n call another person a drug baron

Ikechukwu whose parents have been killed abroad for drug related offenses will still call another person drug baron

Amaka whose husband have been jailed for life in Thailand will come online n call another person drug baron

As in e just dey shock me anytime I see igbos calling tinubu drug baron, a tribe in which all family have a representative in all prisons abroad

The number of igbos in prisons abroad are capable of voting out a president with their huge population, no wonder they want diaspora voting

If only igbos in India prisons are allowed to vote during election, peter obi go win d election before 11am on election day

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by GeneralPula: 5:34am On Oct 02, 2023
Desperate Agulu failure, no problem.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by Meagainstthem: 5:51am On Oct 02, 2023
You can never be Nigeria president,that's 100% sure.
Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by Ofunaofu: 6:30am On Oct 02, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
the country will never b handed over to those greedy lots who dragged us the needless war by killing leaders of other regions

What do you know about the war
Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by adekolaelect(m): 6:37am On Oct 02, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
can you see your life You were condemning EMI LO KAN statement but "I must be the president of Nigeria" by Obi is a positive future projection for Nigeria?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Must Be President Of Nigeria’ – Peter Obi Insists by Corn247: 6:42am On Oct 02, 2023
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Is No Point Giving Nigerian Students Money, They Won't Pay Back The Loan / Nominees Tinubu Shouldn't Have Nominated / If I'm Elected, I'll Put You In Best Hotels To Enjoy - Kogi Guber Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.