Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Logical Problem (can U Solve It) - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Logical Problem (can U Solve It) (6582 Views)

Logical Riddle For The Smarts / Locked Car And Age Riddles: Can You Solve It? / The Worlds Hardest Riddle: Can You Solve It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Logical Problem (can U Solve It) by kulex2k1(m): 11:48pm On Sep 04, 2007
You are trapped in a room with two doors. One leads to certain death and the other leads to freedom. You don't know which is which. And you most definately want to know the door that leads to freedom.

There are two robots guarding the doors. They will let you choose one door but upon doing so you must go through it.

You can, however, ask one robot one question. The problem is one robot always tells the truth ,the other always lies and you don't know which is which.

so what how do u get to know the door that leads to freedom?
Re: Logical Problem (can U Solve It) by labiyemmy(m): 12:01am On Sep 05, 2007
ask any of the robots the simple question - is this the door that leads to death. - there will be only one answer since one tells the truth and one tells a lie. If it is true, one will say yes, if it is not true, he will still say yes - so u beleive it is true.
Re: Logical Problem (can U Solve It) by layi(m): 4:10am On Sep 05, 2007
Its very simple. Ask ROBOT A a question. How many robots r here? If he says 2,you'll know that ROBOT B will lie. So just ask the ROBOT B " is this the room that leads to freedom?". If he says yes, just know its the other room.
Vice versa.

Very simple. cheesy
Re: Logical Problem (can U Solve It) by Aiphie(f): 10:58am On Sep 05, 2007
Ask Robot A a simple question to which u know the answer then Robot B the same question. The Robot that lies will give a wrong answer. So you can identify him and then ask the other Robot which door leads to freedom.
Re: Logical Problem (can U Solve It) by Aiphie(f): 10:59am On Sep 05, 2007
Ask Robot A a simple question to which u know the answer then Robot B the same question. The Robot that lies will give a wrong answer. So you can identify him and then ask the other Robot which door leads to freedom.
Re: Logical Problem (can U Solve It) by krs2(m): 11:36am On Sep 05, 2007
@ Aiphe
you don't seem to get it, you can only ask one question to a robot.
Re: Logical Problem (can U Solve It) by Genial(m): 1:59pm On Sep 05, 2007
kulex2k1:

You are trapped in a room with two doors. One leads to certain death and the other leads to freedom. You don't know which is which. And you most definately want to know the door that leads to freedom.

There are two robots guarding the doors. They will let you choose one door but upon doing so you must go through it.

You can, however, ask one robot one question. The problem is one robot always tells the truth ,the other always lies and you don't know which is which.

so what how do u get to know the door that leads to freedom?

Walk up to any of the robots and ask the following question: "If I asked you which door leads to freedom, where would you point me to?"
Go through the door it points you to!

Explanation
Lying robot: Will point to the door to freedom (ordinarily he would point to the door of death, but since he lies, he will tell you the opposite of what he would actually have said if you asked him the question "which door leads to freedom?"wink
Truth-telling robot: Will point you to the door to freedom because that it what it would do if you actually asked the question.
Re: Logical Problem (can U Solve It) by omena555(f): 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2007
layi:

Its very simple. Ask ROBOT A a question. How many robots r here? If he says 2,you'll know that ROBOT B will lie. So just ask the ROBOT B " is this the room that leads to freedom?". If he says yes, just know its the other room.
Vice versa.

Very simple. cheesy

that is absolutely corect. i agree totally. grin
Re: Logical Problem (can U Solve It) by kulex2k1(m): 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2007
Good work people u all are really smart but watch out am coming with a very difficult puzzle very soon
Re: Logical Problem (can U Solve It) by Migines(m): 8:17am On Sep 06, 2007
@kulex
if u say wiv gotten it ryte, then i guess u dnt knw d answer either.
@genial
you dont knw d robot dat lies neither du u knw d 1 dat tells d truth.
@omena
you can only ask 1 question.
Re: Logical Problem (can U Solve It) by Migines(m): 8:17am On Sep 06, 2007
@kulex
if u say wiv gotten it ryte, then i guess u dnt knw d answer either.
@genial
you dont knw d robot dat lies neither du u knw d 1 dat tells d truth.
@omena
Re: Logical Problem (can U Solve It) by Genial(m): 8:08pm On Sep 06, 2007
Migines:

@kulex
if u say with gotten it ryte, then i guess u dnt knw d answer either.
@genial
you don't knw d robot that lies neither du u knw d 1 that tells d truth.
@omena

I do not need to explain this anymore, do I? Read my answer again. It does not matter which one of them you ask that question, you will get the same answer. I could give you the mathematical basis for it if you like.

Only one question, the right question, and you will get the right answer regardless of which one you ask.
Re: Logical Problem (can U Solve It) by Migines(m): 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2007
@GENIAL

solve riddles@ROFLMAO BY MIGINES
Re: Logical Problem (can U Solve It) by omena555(f): 8:46am On Sep 07, 2007
@Migines, the riddle didnt say u can ask only one question, it says u can ask one robot one question. that is not more that one question for robot A and not more than one for robot B. So since u already know that there are 2 robots in the room, the first logical question to ask any of the robots is "How many robots are here?" The answer to that question tells u which is the lying robot or the truthful one. Then u go ahead and ask the other robot which doors leads to freedom. Just think abt it, u'll see. wink
Re: Logical Problem (can U Solve It) by Migines(m): 9:58am On Sep 07, 2007
Ooookay. I gedit now.
Solve riddles@"ROFLMAO BY MIGINES"
Re: Logical Problem (can U Solve It) by clemcykul(f): 1:56pm On Sep 08, 2007
puleeeze u guys should leave the arena for those huve got IQ grin grin grin grin grin

ANS simply go through any of the dooors, if u die then ure a sinner, if u attain freedom, (hu da lrd set free is free indeed) finis grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Don't Blame Me For This! (must Read) / 13 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Bought Condoms From A Nigerian Pharmacy / Top Funny Questions Nigerians Will Never Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.