Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,462 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Attention, The New Dopamine Addiction - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Attention, The New Dopamine Addiction (200 Views)

Boosting Your Mood Naturally: Top Natural Dopamine Foods / Dopamine Blockers / Drug Addiction Reduces Hardworking Young Man Into A Scavenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Attention, The New Dopamine Addiction by Gentilhommie(m): 10:16am On May 13, 2023
Professionals in the digital media will tell you "Content is "King". Little wonder you see almost everyone now playing with the title content creator, intentionally doing almost anything and everything to stay in vogue. Like seriously, you need to see what is churning out lately, one quick view on the socials and you almost can't account for some hours of your life.

While I am in total agreement with the phrase "Content is king", I still feel there is a stronger appendage that is omitted and that appendage carries the real intentions or significance behind Content being King.

Let me start with this - for any king to exist, there must be a formidable queen sitting on the throne beside him in the castle. A queen that runs and owns the castle efficiently, directly increasing the importance or affluence of the said King. Now, the name of that queen in digital media is called Engagement. Which is why seasoned professionals with tell you Content is King but Engagement is Queen and the Queen runs the MF castle.

What is Engagement in the real sense of things?

A ten lettered word with the same narcotic effect as the watered down version of crystal meth or Vicodin or Morphine. Yes, you might think hey Mr writer calm down na but it's the obvious truth. Engagement in a way gives the users or influencers a sense of surreal importance that takes them away from whatever realities their lives might be. No wonder learned folks defined engagement as an umbrella term for actions that reflect and measure how much your audience interacts with your content. This may include likes, comments and shares(attention) but varies by platform.

Now let me bring it back home, how does attention translate to addiction?

Attention-seeking behavior may stem from jealousy, low self-esteem, loneliness, or as a result of a personality disorder. Most people who are prone to attention seeking behavior suffer from a mental health condition known as narcissistic personality disorder. This involves an inflated sense of self importance and feelings of superiority. A severe dependence on the affirmations of others in order to feel a sense of worth.

Wondering where I am heading with this, just chill, I am almost there. Have you ever come across those trending threads here or on twitter with cases like Men are scum, near rapes, frauds, character assassination and sort. My guess is yes, good. Now ask yourself, how many of these cases have you checked out the source to see if it was true or not 🧐.

Let me guess, let's just go with the vibes, what's life without a little bit of vibe, as country hard. Trust me, i don't blame you if you are with that chain of thought. I once belonged to that group until I had someone shake up my very private world and shared it all over social media simply because she was in her full emotional element.

As usual, no one asked, it was the usual comments and slandering with full bile of hatred spewed at my person and those related to me. It was an activity to pass time for the accuser, a feel good moment to see her charts and impressions climb, not minding the state of mind of the victim or in this case - the targeted Scum is.

A sound mind didn't need to search for long, a scorned woman was trying to get back at the target but hey with the right mix of made-up information and the silence of the other party, impression upon impression was raising the charts and followers count keep on increasing.

My accuser needed to feel good on the affirmation of others, my accuser needed to get high on the fact that there are people who want her online albeit how nasty her physical world is. My accuser needs a jump shot to fill up the void she feels inside. And that is the case of most folks out there. My simple question is are you in the same lot?

The average Nigerian is suffering from one mental breakdown or the other. While some learn to deal with theirs, others look for an avenue to exact theirs, hence the case of violence, bullying, psychotic breakdown or in the case of this write up, sense of worth. You remember that saying "Hurt people hurt people" , exactly! . the average person is battered one way or another but rather than deal with it personally, they look for something or someone else to enact it.

So when you see a fellow human being going through several phases of plastic surgery or you see a kid doing the unthinkable on TikTok or you read a super storied tweet from a self acclaimed truth fighter or you see a self proclaimed MOG saying the absolute 🤐 under whatever influence, you should understand this - it's all about the Attention, It's all about filling up what is lost within.
Re: Attention, The New Dopamine Addiction by Nobody: 10:19am On May 13, 2023
Gentilhommie:
Professionals in the digital media will tell you "Content is "King". Little wonder you see almost everyone now playing with the title content creator, intentionally doing almost anything and everything to stay in vogue. Like seriously, you need to see what is churning out lately, one quick view on the socials and you almost can't account for some hours of your life.

While I am in total agreement with the phrase "Content is king", I still feel there is a stronger appendage that is omitted and that appendage carries the real intentions or significance behind Content being King.

Let me start with this - for any king to exist, there must be a formidable queen sitting on the throne beside him in the castle. A queen that runs and owns the castle efficiently, directly increasing the importance or affluence of the said King. Now, the name of that queen in digital media is called Engagement. Which is why seasoned professionals with tell you Content is King but Engagement is Queen and the Queen runs the MF castle.

What is Engagement in the real sense of things?

A ten lettered word with the same narcotic effect as the watered down version of crystal meth or Vicodin or Morphine. Yes, you might think hey Mr writer calm down na but it's the obvious truth. Engagement in a way gives the users or influencers a sense of surreal importance that takes them away from whatever realities their lives might be. No wonder learned folks defined engagement as an umbrella term for actions that reflect and measure how much your audience interacts with your content. This may include likes, comments and shares(attention) but varies by platform.

Now let me bring it back home, how does attention translate to addiction?

Attention-seeking behavior may stem from jealousy, low self-esteem, loneliness, or as a result of a personality disorder. Most people who are prone to attention seeking behavior suffer from a mental health condition known as narcissistic personality disorder. This involves an inflated sense of self importance and feelings of superiority. A severe dependence on the affirmations of others in order to feel a sense of worth.

Wondering where I am heading with this, just chill, I am almost there. Have you ever come across those trending threads here or on twitter with cases like Men are scum, near rapes, frauds, character assassination and sort. My guess is yes, good. Now ask yourself, how many of these cases have you checked out the source to see if it was true or not 🧐.

Let me guess, let's just go with the vibes, what's life without a little bit of vibe, as country hard. Trust me, i don't blame you if you are with that chain of thought. I once belonged to that group until I had someone shake up my very private world and shared it all over social media simply because she was in her full emotional element.

As usual, no one asked, it was the usual comments and slandering with full bile of hatred spewed at my person and those related to me. It was an activity to pass time for the accuser, a feel good moment to see her charts and impressions climb, not minding the state of mind of the victim or in this case - the targeted Scum is.

A sound mind didn't need to search for long, a scorned woman was trying to get back at the target but hey with the right mix of made-up information and the silence of the other party, impression upon impression was raising the charts and followers count keep on increasing.

My accuser needed to feel good on the affirmation of others, my accuser needed to get high on the fact that there are people who want her online albeit how nasty her physical world is. My accuser needs a jump shot to fill up the void she feels inside. And that is the case of most folks out there. My simple question is are you in the same lot?

The average Nigerian is suffering from one mental breakdown or the other. While some learn to deal with theirs, others look for an avenue to exact theirs, hence the case of violence, bullying, psychotic breakdown or in the case of this write up, sense of worth. You remember that saying "Hurt people hurt people" , exactly! . the average person is battered one way or another but rather than deal with it personally, they look for something or someone else to enact it.

So when you see a fellow human being going through several phases of plastic surgery or you see a kid doing the unthinkable on TikTok or you read a super storied tweet from a self acclaimed truth fighter or you see a self proclaimed MOG saying the absolute 🤐 under whatever influence, you should understand this - it's all about the Attention, It's all about filling up what is lost within.

Very good and precise write up OP..this is nothing but the truth

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pregnancy Care In Indore: What To Expect And How To Prepare With A Gynecologist' / Bleeding After Sex Could Be An Early Sign Of Cervical Cancer-prof. Isaac Adewole / Doctors Help, Left Side Chest Is Full Or Swollen Than Right Chest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.