Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,991 members, 7,814,384 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Raingun Expert Needed - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Raingun Expert Needed (1630 Views)

80 Meters Radius Raingun For Sale / I Have A Py40 Raingun For Sale. / 100metres Diameter Coverage Raingun Demostratrion, Available @ CASH & CARRY ONLY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Raingun Expert Needed by betabread: 4:00am On Jun 09, 2023
FarmTech:

Can u list the equiptment

Its still engine and pump, dis time u buy both separate and weld it together,
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by ttmax09(m): 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2023
Wodu89:
I want to start to plan for my future. This future is about setting up a fully.irrigated farm using rainguns.

I want to know the entire setup cost and will pay a tip to anyone that can complete the grid in my mind.

I will like to know the number of rain guns to buy.

I want to setup a 100 acres Raingun-Irrigated farm.

I will like to know the number of rain guns to buy

I also like to know the estimate time it will take to irrigate the 100 acres at once

I also want to know the estimated quantity of fuel it will take to irrigate the 100 acres

I will pay 4000 Naira for a complete design system.
An interesting topic, however I have a question, have you considered a heavy duty industrial drone, or it won't work or rather too expensive? Just a question out of curiosity.
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by Wodu89: 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2023
ttmax09:
An interesting topic, however I have a question, have you considered a heavy duty industrial drone, or it won't work or rather to expensive? Just a question out of curiosity.

God bless you good suggestion. This is infact very good idea to include because I need to consider this option if I have a river within 3000 meters distance

1 Like

Re: Raingun Expert Needed by FarmTech(m): 4:50am On Jun 10, 2023
betabread:

Its still engine and pump, dis time u buy both separate and weld it together,
How many hp engine? I asked bc there are water pumps that need no welding work.
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by wuyexzy01: 10:48am On Jun 11, 2023
This an example of raingun u can use.

Re: Raingun Expert Needed by wuyexzy01: 10:50am On Jun 11, 2023
You can use this efficiently if you are doing maize on large scale. 10acres upwards. But u need a big pump to achieve the maximum spray length 70m.

Re: Raingun Expert Needed by Wodu89: 10:51am On Jun 11, 2023
wuyexzy01:
You can use this efficiently if you are doing maize on large scale. 10acres upwards. But u need a big pump to achieve the maximum spray length 70m.

Can you all see why I love this forum ?

What raingun specifications ?

What pump size ?

Btw, I left FX years ago. Has good liquidity returned to it ? I got tired if sitting down for lengthy hours and even days just to witness some pip movements
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by wuyexzy01: 10:58am On Jun 11, 2023
The pump size is 3". I will post a picture of the perfect pump later. I will post a YouTube link of the raingun in action later. I'm not selling or whatever. Just answering ur question.
Did 20acres maize last year wasted millions and didn't even make 400k. So planning to go irrigation way.
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by wuyexzy01: 10:58am On Jun 11, 2023
Wodu89:

Can you all see why I love this forum ?

What raingun specifications ?

What pump size ?

Btw, I left FX years ago. Has good liquidity returned to it ? I got tired if sitting down for lengthy hours and even days just to witness some pip movements
LoL.... I still do FX o. I mostly swing.
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by Wodu89: 10:59am On Jun 11, 2023
wuyexzy01:
The pump size is 3". I will post a picture of the perfect pump later. I will post a YouTube link of the raingun in action later. I'm not selling or whatever. Just answering ur question.
Did 20acres maize last year wasted millions and didn't even make 400k. So planning to go irrigation way.

Wow. I've made alot of loses in millions too before. One must pass through losses to finally get it right. I feel the need to have a system setup for agriculturists throughout the country because of the looming danger of climate change. Even regular rain season farming is not up to 80% reliable again !
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by Wodu89: 11:01am On Jun 11, 2023
wuyexzy01:

LoL.... I still do FX o. I mostly swing.

Mehn. When ordinary USDCHF AND AUDUSD Start to show me pepper was when I knew I had to quit. What would and should normally swing and give 200 - 400 pips would suddenly bottom and rally against it's right course up to 800 pips because of too much retail traders opening around a position so that the bulk of traders loss money was what made me realize I wasn't a big player and my life was constantly at risks.

Chai. Eu, China and the like of Goldman Sachs suffer me
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by wuyexzy01: 11:05am On Jun 11, 2023
Funny enough. I read on this forum where one guy was lamenting bitterly and cursing anybody that opposed him regarding irrigation. I'm not sure I can find that thread again. He was saying emphatically that if you want to go into farming and can't do irrigation just don't try it. I was laughing reading his post not knowing my own unfortunate situation was looming as well. Now I know better. The weather is highly highly unpredictable.
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by wuyexzy01: 11:08am On Jun 11, 2023
Wodu89:

Mehn. When ordinary USDCHF AND AUDUSD Start to show me pepper was when I knew I had to quit. What would and should normally swing and give 200 - 400 pips would suddenly bottom and rally against it's right course up to 800 pips because of too much retail traders opening around a position so that the bulk of traders loss money was what made me realize I wasn't a big player and my life was constantly at risks.

Chai. Eu, China and the like of Goldman Sachs suffer me
LoL.... I don't even like talking about FX. Cos wetin my eye see ehn. Hmmm. Thank God for life.
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by Wodu89: 11:10am On Jun 11, 2023
wuyexzy01:

LoL.... I don't even like talking about FX. Cos wetin my eye see ehn. Hmmm. Thank God for life.

Hahahaha
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by betabread: 1:02pm On Jun 11, 2023
wuyexzy01:
Funny enough. I read on this forum where one guy was lamenting bitterly and cursing anybody that opposed him regarding irrigation. I'm not sure I can find that thread again. He was saying emphatically that if you want to go into farming and can't do irrigation just don't try it. I was laughing reading his post not knowing my own unfortunate situation was looming as well. Now I know better. The weather is highly highly unpredictable.

No no and no, there are farmers i know that farm effectively with the rains come rain come shine, we just don’t know their secrets.........

Many know d local meterological data by heart, they know soils that are not good for crops say tomato......

I invested into farming and came to know the nature of farming secondarily....... There are people that are born into it though few, come rain come shine they remain profitable..........

Never ever get carried away by any technology, they have their place in the scheme of Agriculture and many technology will fail when confronted with our local conditions
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by betabread: 1:06pm On Jun 11, 2023
wuyexzy01:

I have this raingun and have only achieved 41m on 18nozzle that’s if u are within 10m from the stream, it will fail woefully for 10acres as u will just kill ur pump cos of run time
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by Wodu89: 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2023
wuyexzy01:

Please remember to post me link for the whole ten acres design. The right pump and the raingun
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by Wodu89: 5:40pm On Jun 11, 2023
ttmax09:
An interesting topic, however I have a question, have you considered a heavy duty industrial drone, or it won't work or rather too expensive? Just a question out of curiosity.

I am considering heavy duty industrial drones. Can you be kind to post specifics on samples and their online purchase links please ? Even on Amazon or Alibaba. I want to be sure to consider the right product specification

I have decided to experiment with all the methods suggested in the threads and draw my personal conclusions after one year trial system on all the methods
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by wuyexzy01: 8:21pm On Jun 11, 2023
betabread:

No no and no, there are farmers i know that farm effectively with the rains come rain come shine, we just don’t know their secrets.........

Many know d local meterological data by heart, they know soils that are not good for crops say tomato......

I invested into farming and came to know the nature of farming secondarily....... There are people that are born into it though few, come rain come shine they remain profitable..........

Never ever get carried away by any technology, they have their place in the scheme of Agriculture and many technology will fail when confronted with our local conditions
My brother no big time farmer can make it big relying on rainfall... I'm sure you are smart enough to know this.
I have been a farmer all my life too. Both crop farming and animal farming so I know what I'm saying. You saying come rain come shine they are profitable; mke u just dey play ehn.
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by wuyexzy01: 8:25pm On Jun 11, 2023
betabread:

I have this raingun and have only achieved 41m on 18nozzle that’s if u are within 10m from the stream, it will fail woefully for 10acres as u will just kill ur pump cos of run time
I don't believe you have this type. Not because it's expensive o but I can smell you don't know what you're saying.
It depends on your design.
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by wuyexzy01: 8:50pm On Jun 11, 2023
Wodu89:

Please remember to post me link for the whole ten acres design. The right pump and the raingun
This should give you an insight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYD8NAyvSjs
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by wuyexzy01: 9:00pm On Jun 11, 2023
This pump will do a perfect job.
Wodu89:

Re: Raingun Expert Needed by Wodu89: 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2023
wuyexzy01:
This pump will do a perfect job.

Interesting. How many Hp is this likely going to be by your estimation?
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by Wodu89: 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2023
wuyexzy01:

Okay, will review
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by betabread: 9:19pm On Jun 11, 2023
wuyexzy01:

I don't believe you have this type. Not because it's expensive o but I can smell you don't know what you're saying.
It depends on your design.

I wont engage u, but what i can tell u is most pumps will power the raingun, trick is distance from the pump

Nigerian farms will humble the travelling irrigator
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by betabread: 9:27pm On Jun 11, 2023
wuyexzy01:

As i looked at the video, i just pitied thise farmers in the video, I hope they don’t plan to grow vegetables as Evaporation will just waste their efforts

Their set-up looks pitiable, cant help but laugh at them if it’s farming thats their motive.......... Pumping from depth to a raingun

Drip is the answer to what they have on ground
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by wuyexzy01: 6:53am On Jun 12, 2023
betabread:

I wont engage u, but what i can tell u is most pumps will power the raingun, trick is distance from the pump

Nigerian farms will humble the travelling irrigator
My brother ordinary water pump will not work on this raingun o. Anything less than 7hp pump will not even work at all.
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by wuyexzy01: 6:54am On Jun 12, 2023
betabread:

As i looked at the video, i just pitied thise farmers in the video, I hope they don’t plan to grow vegetables as Evaporation will just waste their efforts

Their set-up looks pitiable, cant help but laugh at them if it’s farming thats their motive.......... Pumping from depth to a raingun

Drip is the answer to what they have on
ground
Never use rain gun for vegetable nao.
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by wuyexzy01: 6:57am On Jun 12, 2023
Wodu89:

Interesting. How many Hp is this likely going to be by your estimation?
I will go for nothing less than 15hp version then I'll put pressure gauge on the raingun to do the calibration.
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by betabread: 7:24am On Jun 12, 2023
wuyexzy01:
My brother ordinary water pump will not work on this raingun o. Anything less than 7hp pump will not even work at all.

Correct
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by ttmax09(m): 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2023
Wodu89:

I am considering heavy duty industrial drones. Can you be kind to post specifics on samples and their online purchase links please ? Even on Amazon or Alibaba. I want to be sure to consider the right product specification

I have decided to experiment with all the methods suggested in the threads and draw my personal conclusions after one year trial system on all the methods
Re: Raingun Expert Needed by ttmax09(m): 12:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
Wodu89:

https://www.made-in-china.com/cs/hot-china-products/Agricultural_Drone.html?acc=9865948786&cpn=17249549005-139716778314&tgt=kwd-353685845499&net=g&dev=m-&gid=CjwKCAjwhJukBhBPEiwAniIcNUxfn12nH93gToYFuGMWXQ-4f699suzmuP_SIxjmSNQOudzlXXgNuBoCa-8QAvD_BwE&kwd=agricultural%20drone&mtp=b&gclid=CjwKCAjwhJukBhBPEiwAniIcNUxfn12nH93gToYFuGMWXQ-4f699suzmuP_SIxjmSNQOudzlXXgNuBoCa-8QAvD_BwE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Medium-grade Lithium Available In Large Quantity (photos) / Order For Maize To Be Delivered In Oyo State / Help Needed For 6000 Catfish Feed Calculation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.