Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,890 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? (1600 Views)

Glenn Greenwald: U.S., British Media Are 'devoted Servants' To Government / Glenn Beck Says He May Go Blind / Just For Laughs: John Stewart Destroys Glenn Beck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by JeSoul(f): 4:20pm On Sep 26, 2011
I happen to frequently substitute Comedy Central for TBN/Daystar ('christian' stations for those not familiar) whenever I need a good laugh and I've been seeing Glenn Beck appearing more and more on the networks. Either speaking at a pro-Isreal event or 'evangelical' gathering or something, including rubbing shoulders and sharing stages with mainstream evangelical leaders like John Hagee. Most times he speaks as though a preacher, even quoting scriptures and invoking the name of God liberally . . .

so, is he now a 'pastor'? smiley
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by armyofone(m): 5:43pm On Sep 26, 2011
i would prefer he is a pastor/preacher and would listen to him if he is standing in front of a huge cross in a church . . . than him being around during next election grin
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by preselect(m): 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2011
he is simply a business man playing to his market base.
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by JeSoul(f): 9:36pm On Sep 26, 2011
armyofone:

i would prefer he is a pastor/preacher and would listen to him if he is standing in front of a huge cross in a church . . . than him being around during next election grin
Lol. How Glenn Beck no go be around for elecshion? cheesy

pres-elect:

Hmmm . . . so what is his 'business' and who are his 'market'?
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by montelik(m): 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2011
pres-elect:

Yes oh. I recall when he was in his "gold craze" pple were making fun of him, look whose laughing now.
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by preselect(m): 10:53pm On Sep 26, 2011
JeSoul:

Hmmm . . . so what is his 'business' and who are his 'market'?

his business is any non illegal thing he has to do to make money( tv show, radio, crusade, hate spewing, fake godliness, right wing psychosis etc)
his market= extreme right wing nuts, white supremacists, xenophobic hate mongers, trigger-happy-gun-loving-bible-carrying-aka-bible-belt-pro-israel-pretenders and their cohorts.

you can add tayo to the list(except that i believe tayo is a real xtian) he he he heeee, i have asked for trouble now grin
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by JeSoul(f): 9:34pm On Sep 27, 2011
montelik:

Yes oh. I recall when he was in his "gold craze" pple were making fun of him, look whose laughing now.
grin grin grin grin laughing all the way to several banks btw.

pres-elect:

his business is any non illegal thing he has to do to make money( tv show, radio, crusade, hate spewing, fake godliness, right wing psychosis etc)
his market= extreme right wing nuts, white supremacists, xenophobic hate mongers, trigger-happy-gun-loving-bible-carrying-aka-bible-belt-pro-israel-pretenders and their cohorts.

you can add tayo to the list(except that i believe tayo is a real xtian) he he he heeee, i have asked for trouble now grin
Lol. You have really asked for trouble cheesy
Seriously though, my estimation of Glenn Beck has been heading south for quite some time now . . . after a while its begining to appear pretentious and playing to the gallery. I dunno sha, I don't enjoy judging peoples motives.
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by TayoD1(m): 11:40pm On Sep 27, 2011
@topic,

you can add tayo to the list(except that i believe tayo is a real xtian) he he he heeee, i have asked for trouble now
See me see pres-elect o.  I don't know who gave you the idea that Glen Beck is my Pastor when I attend Rev Wright's Church every Sunday.  Unlike Obama though, I have been paying close attention to and agree wholeheartedly with the hate messages he has been spewing from the pulpit all this while.  I stand by my association with the good reverend and will not deny him even if America's chickens come home to roost 3 times like Peter's. grin

By the way, all of you should stand back and be condemning the guy for buying gold.  He has been fore-telling, like a true prophet that this is what will happen.  Talk about knowing the signs of the times and taking advantage of it.  If he is right on the money with the gold stuff, what are the chances that he could be right with everything else he has been prophesying about? Just food for thought. tongue
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by JeSoul(f): 3:14pm On Sep 28, 2011
^So Tayo, don't you find GB just a little bit suspicious? just a little bit? lol.
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by armyofone(m): 3:45pm On Sep 28, 2011
ummm, when will Christie and Palin go add their name to the ballot? why are they playing cat and mouse with voters?
are they waiting till the present president to be exhaust their debates?
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by TayoD1(m): 2:55am On Sep 29, 2011
@JeSoul,

^So Tayo, don't you find GB just a little bit suspicious? just a little bit? lol.
Not any more suspicious than Pres-elect! lipsrsealed
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by preselect(m): 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2011
Tayo-D:

@JeSoul,
Not any more suspicious than Pres-elect!  lipsrsealed
grin  grin
my hands are clean o.  cheesy
armyofone:

ummm, when will Christie and Palin go add their name to the ballot? why are they playing cat and mouse with voters?
are they waiting till the present president to be exhaust their debates?

I never knew those tea baggers had some sense grin I was waiting for them to nominate the Alaska gift grin but she doesn't even top their polls and the babe knows it's best to remain relevant from behind. As for chris cristie, take a look at huntsman, a popular governor, Obama sent him to china to get rid of him, GOP talked him into resigning and contesting, only for him to rock 1% poll after poll grin chris Christie is wiser than that. Look at Perry. Just a few weeks ago, if was Perry Perry Perry pls come join the race, now see the same Perry is abandoned. Lol. Bachmann mistook tea party bigoted anti Obama fever as popularity for her. She looked at her regular wacky crowd and started talking like them thinking it'll build her political machine. Mscheeew!!!!. Lol. John Stewart put it best, the problem is not the candidates, the problem is the far right wing tea party GOP primary voters. Lol. And pls tell Herman Cain to stop wasting his time grin they are deceiving him with those fake polls. He won't win one vote on election day  grin Black Man? GOP? Not in this century. Lol.
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by JeSoul(f): 3:40pm On Sep 29, 2011
Tayo-D:

@JeSoul,
Not any more suspicious than Pres-elect! lipsrsealed
ROTFLOL  grin grin grin grin Ha! Tayo's got jokes lol.

pres-elect:

grin  grin
my hands are clean o.  cheesy
How can the hands of an unapologetic, raving, nancy-pelosi loving liberal be clean?

I never knew those tea baggers had some sense grin
I believe you do not know what that term means or else you wouldn't have used it. But if you did - shame on you! tongue

I was waiting for them to nominate the Alaska gift grin but she doesn't even top their polls and the babe knows it's best to remain relevant from behind. As for chris cristie, take a look at huntsman, a popular governor, Obama sent him to china to get rid of him, GOP talked him into resigning and contesting, only for him to rock 1% poll after poll grin chris Christie is wiser than that. Look at Perry. Just a few weeks ago, if was Perry Perry Perry pls come join the race, now see the same Perry is abandoned. Lol. Bachmann mistook tea party bigoted anti Obama fever as popularity for her. She looked at her regular wacky crowd and started talking like them thinking it'll build her political machine. Mscheeew!!!!. Lol. John Stewart put it best, the problem is not the candidates, the problem is the far right wing tea party GOP primary voters. Lol. And pls tell Herman Cain to stop wasting his time grin they are deceiving him with those fake polls. He won't win one vote on election day  grin Black Man? GOP? Not in this century. Lol.
Honestly, this Micheal Moore flavored kool-aid that you've been consuming like palmwine is starting to show some ugly effects cheesy You're right about the luster on Mr Perry losing its shine a little bit, but it is because he has not had a strong showing in the debates so far. Same for Bachmann. She was leading in some polls few weeks ago, but recently made some missteps and miquotes that have really hurt her.

Analyze proper jare and stop watching Jon Stewart as if his comedy is a responsible source of political commentary. Yeye boy that you are grin
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by preselect(m): 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2011
@@ jesoul tongue
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by preselect(m): 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2011
@tayo d
tongue tongue tongue
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by preselect(m): 6:26pm On Sep 29, 2011
@GOP
tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by armyofone(m): 7:55pm On Sep 29, 2011
I can try Romney not all them cowboy Perry and cowgal Bachmann.
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by NegroNtns(m): 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2011
you can add tayo to the list(except that i believe tayo is a real xtian) he he he heeee, i have asked for trouble now

Presido, u love to snatch a napping dog by its tail.

@OP, what's going on JeSoul? Glenn Beck is eyeing congress in 2014. His presence on the evangelical talk circuit is two-fold - (1) to rally grass root movement for tea baggers, and consequently for GOP; (2) to come out of 2012 Presidential as a King-maker and earn credibility for his own run for congress in 2014.

I miss you dear wink
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by JeSoul(f): 9:38pm On Sep 29, 2011
pres-elect:

@@ jesoul tongue
pres-elect:

@tayo d
tongue tongue tongue
pres-elect:

@GOP
LOL. This is actually quite funny. Prez, do you double as a comedian when you're not holding night vigils with TB Joshua?  grin

Negro_Ntns:
Don't mind the guy, when Tayo will unleash ehn  cheesy

@OP, what's going on JeSoul? Glenn Beck is eyeing congress in 2014. His presence on the evangelical talk circuit is two-fold - (1) to rally grass root movement for tea baggers, and consequently for GOP; (2) to come out of 2012 Presidential as a King-maker and earn credibility for his own run for congress in 2014.
Ah!!! Excellent comments sir. I think you have plucked the right string. His 'departure' from FOX, launching of his own 'tv network', forging alliances with powerful allies both home and Israel . . . somebody is lining up his ducklings for an assault . . . though I have not suspected he's been eyeing a seat in Congress, but I would not be suprised one bit.

I miss you dear wink
You're too sweet my dear kiss your footprints have been scare hereabouts recently, but I certainly hope you have been above and beyond well and chopping a huge piece of the national cake like no mans bizniz smiley
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by TayoD1(m): 12:17am On Sep 30, 2011
@Pres-elect,
my hands are clean o. 
You fired the first shot and now claiming innocence. Unfortunately for you, the gun powder on your hands have given you away.

@Negro,
Are you using style-style to call me a dog?

@JeSoul,
LOL. This is actually quite funny. Prez, do you double as a comedian when you're not holding night vigils with TB Joshua?
Am I on nairaland or comedy central? grin grin grin
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by preselect(m): 12:58am On Sep 30, 2011
Tayo-D:

@Pres-elect,You fired the first shot and now claiming innocence. Unfortunately for you, the gun powder on your hands have given you away.
you are mistaking my lead dust from my pencil for gun powder cheesy

@Negro,Are you using style-style to call me a dog?

lolololol  grin. Jesus said, " you have said so". lipsrsealed. I no talk o grin heheheheeeee I priced some more trouble grin

@JeSoul,Am I on nairaland or comedy central?  grin grin grin

you're home. Enjoy it
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by NegroNtns(m): 6:46pm On Sep 30, 2011
@Negro,Are you using style-style to call me a dog?

lolololol . Jesus said, " you have said so". . I no talk o heheheheeeee I priced some more trouble

Tayo,

Abeg dont mind Pres., he is instigating. i misspelt, it should have been "dogg" as in snoop-dogg! doggy dawg!! Anyway, whats going with your gf Sarah Palin?

but I certainly hope you have been above and beyond well and chopping a huge piece of the national cake like no mans bizniz

JeSoul, who needs the sour national cake when a delicious and delightful apple is right here in my backyard? wink
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by preselect(m): 3:58pm On Oct 01, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Tayo,
Abeg dont mind Pres., he is instigating.  i misspelt, it should have been "dogg" as in snoop-dogg!  canine dawg!!   
heheheheee first YOU called him dog, now YOU spin it to dogg may be tomorow YOU change it to doggone. Tayo know your enemies.

Anyway, whats going with your gf Sarah Palin?
the babe is trying to figure out the Russia she sees from Alaska. She has no time for tayo d now cool
Also, she is exploring the possibility of declaring herself an astronaut since she can see the moon from her window grin

now I've asked for double trouble grin grin grin
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by JeSoul(f): 3:05pm On Oct 03, 2011
pres-elect:

heheheheee first YOU called him dog, now YOU spin it to dogg may be tomorow YOU change it to doggone. Tayo know your enemies.the babe is trying to figure out the Russia she sees from Alaska. She has no time for tayo d now cool
Also, she is exploring the possibility of declaring herself an astronaut since she can see the moon from her window grin

now I've asked for double trouble grin grin grin
LOL grin Prez you're insane grin

Negro_Ntns:
JeSoul, who needs the sour national cake when a delicious and delightful apple is right here in my backyard? wink
Ah! Forgive moi, lol. I should've known berra dan dat. You no dey carry last at all grin
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by preselect(m): 1:29pm On Oct 04, 2011
JeSoul:

LOL grin Prez you're insane grin

don't you know she's a NASA scientist? Lol cheesy
meanwhile bachmann thought she could walk into the white house by talking trash. I just laugh whenever I see her on tv. She's just funny.

And why does GOP not like Romney? The new jersey governor will make the biggest mistake of his political life by joining the race grin
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by montelik(m): 4:42pm On Oct 04, 2011
pres-elect:

meanwhile bachmann thought she could walk into the white house by talking trash. I just laugh whenever I see her on tv. She's just funny.

And why does GOP not like Romney? The new jersey governor will make the biggest mistake of his political life by joining the race grin

Excuse me, d guy is d presumed front-runner, who said d GOP doesn't like him? You can't be leading most polls if d party detest or don't like you. Who did they poll (goats and sheep) then for you to lead, yet not be liked. D problem is liberals and their media acolytes amplify d voices of those within d party that don't like him, making them see more than they are. Just like you pres always assume Rush Limbaugh speaks for all conservatives.

Meanwhile I am sure Jesoul can probably give you enough reasons why Romney is not exactly someone to get excited about after his tenure in Mass.
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by armyofone(m): 4:44pm On Oct 04, 2011
hahaha, McCain already gave him his blessing, twisted a bit by moi  grin 'goodluck, you never know there are sharks in the swimming pool, although the water is very inviting''
that was a mischievious blessing btw  grin

pres-elect:

i don't like Bachmann too especially the way she waves her hand to her supporters,  grin

Romney, yeah yeah, i like him and wish him goodluck. i don't know, i just want anyone who could fix all the mess we are in right now.
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by JeSoul(f): 5:15pm On Oct 04, 2011
montelik:
Meanwhile I am sure Jesoul can probably give you enough reasons why Romney is not exactly someone to get excited about after his tenure in Mass.
  grin grin well . . . for starters, his joke-telling ability is horrendous grin grin

armyofone:

hahaha, McCain already gave him his blessing, twisted a bit by moi  grin 'goodluck, you never know there are sharks in the swimming pool, although the water is very inviting''
that was a mischievious blessing btw  grin

i don't like Bachmann too especially the way she waves her hand to her supporters,  grin

Romney, yeah yeah, i like him and wish him goodluck. i don't know, i just want anyone who could fix all the mess we are in right now
Hehe . . . heard of MacGuyver?  grin grin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacGyver

On a side note, Herman Cain is really picking up some steam. Perhaps its just a flash flood and a blimp on the radar that'll fizzle out . . . but na so Obama (and Scott Brown as well) take creep up small small until he became a raging sensation. He's not the most electable candidate but conservatives seem to like him a lot. We'll see sha . . .
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by armyofone(m): 3:27pm On Oct 05, 2011
i think the Cain thing is just a big flash flood, you know how those flood hit pple right, this too shall pass grin

not sure 'white Americans' are willing to vote for 'a very black faced guy'. maybe he will be lucky a bit if his wife and grandparents are white grin he is not going anywhere, certainly not the white house.

the mulky water will be all cleared up soon.
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by preselect(m): 3:46pm On Oct 05, 2011
armyofone:

i think the Cain thing is just a big flash flood, you know how those flood hit pple right, this too shall pass grin

not sure 'white Americans' are willing to vote for 'a very black faced guy'. maybe he will be lucky a bit if his wife and grandparents are white grin he is not going anywhere, certainly not the white house.

herman cain is going nowhere. and he knows it. he has no plan to be president. he is a business man. he wants publicity and he has got it. period.
Re: So . . . Is Glenn Beck Now A Pastor/Preacher? by JeSoul(f): 8:11pm On Oct 05, 2011
armyofone:

LOL grin that's just wrong girl lol.

pres-elect:

herman cain is going nowhere. and he knows it. he has no plan to be president. he is a business man. he wants publicity and he has got it. period.
You guys are just dissing and dismissing Uncle Cain like that . . . when the guy go suprise all of una ehn grin I'm just waiting for primary season to start so that we can start to send all the pretenders home and focus on the read contender.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Russian Plane Airbus A231 Crashes In Egypt With 221 People On Board / United States Didn't See The Attack Coming / Lawmakers In Trouble As President Of National Assembly Tests Positive To Covid19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.