Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support (30201 Views)

2023: Tinubu’s Loyalists Kick, As APC Chiefs Want Christian Candidate From South / Tinubu’s Loyalists Want Breakaway From APC / Buhari Will Soon Render Osinbajo, Tinubu's Loyalists In APC Impotent- Ozekhome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by Islie: 8:57am On May 14, 2023
In Building Bridges, Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek Support for President-elect

As part of the efforts to build bridges and ward off the incessant attacks on the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, by the former Deputy National Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Bode George, the loyalists of the former Lagos State governor yesterday visited George in his Lugard Road, Ikoyi office to solicit support for the incoming President of Nigeria.

George, a fierce critic of Tinubu, had vowed to go into exile if the former Lagos State governor who was the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) emerged as Nigeria’s president in the 2023 general election.“I have not changed my mind, if he (Tinubu) is the president I will go.

“If Tinubu wins, by that time I will be 80 years old. What am I doing here? I will wish you people well,” George had told ARISE NEWS Channel in November 2022.Speaking after Tinubu was declared the winner of the February 25 presidential election, the PDP chieftain said although he was yet to decide on his destination, his self-imposed exile remains in the works.

George added that he plans to retire to “anywhere in any part of the world” because Tinubu’s victory “might be a hell of a problem.”“That is still on my plan. If I decide on what to do, I wish you well. I’m not looking for a job, I have everything I want and how much can I eat? I also have my children and they are no longer kids,” he said.

“They are all mature so what am I looking for? My wife is there. She will take good care of me. I will stay in Nigeria depending on the outcome of this (post-election litigation) because I know there might be a hell of a problem.

“You know I am a military lord so I can go anywhere in any part of the world and I will be looking at you people.“I have even decided that having put 25 years each in the military and politics which is 50 years of my life in the public domain, I need rest so whatever I see at the end of this thing. I’m retiring from partisan politics and will be enjoying the rest of my life.”

But in an apparent move to ward off further criticism, Tinubu’s loyalists and leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos yesterday met with George. The delegation was led by the chairman of the Governance Advisory Council (GAC), the foremost political platform in the state, Prince Tajudeen Olusi. The GAC is an influential group comprising critical stakeholders of the APC in Lagos State.It determines who gets what in Lagos politics.

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, who was supposed to be part of the delegation could not make it for undisclosed reasons. Also on the delegation is the Senior Special Assistant to the President on SDGs and former Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Mrs. Adoke Orelope-Adefulire. Though the meeting was closed-door, THISDAY was reliably informed that the APC leaders were seeking George’s support for Tinubu as he assumes power on May 29.

It was also gathered that the APC leaders were mounting pressure on George to cease further media attacks on Tinubu. At the meeting, George said that he was happy that the delegation visited him and insisted that he had nothing personal against Tinubu. Accompanied by former Deputy Governor, Mrs. Kofoworola Akerele-Bucknor, and Major General Tajudeen Olanrewaju (rtd), among others, George, however, made it clear that because of his position and membership of an opposition party, he would not congratulate Tinubu until after litigations related to the election are concluded.

George who expressed appreciation to the delegation, admitted that “we had detailed discussions on the unity of this great state of Lagos. I must say we established the fact that the culture of Lagos is to accept and accommodate all kinds of people and tribes. And if you get to Lagos State, there is no known tribe in Nigeria that does not reside here. That’s what makes Lagos the commercial nerve centre of the whole of West Africa.“Secondly, on the details of us working together, because a divided house cannot stand, we will work together on this. And I’ve said I have absolutely nothing personal between me and Tinubu,” George added.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/05/14/in-building-bridges-tinubus-loyalists-visit-bode-george-seek-support-for-president-elect/

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by God1000(m): 8:58am On May 14, 2023
Building new bridges is good.

But the Nigerian people will hold Tinubu accountable, we will scrutinize him and everything he does

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by slivertongue: 8:58am On May 14, 2023
Shameless APC struggling with another party's mandate

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by Christistruth02: 9:01am On May 14, 2023
slivertongue:

Did Atiku also steal your Mandate

131 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by Christistruth02: 9:02am On May 14, 2023
slivertongue:

Did Atiku also steal your Mandate by beating you

107 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by slivertongue: 9:05am On May 14, 2023
Christistruth02:

Did Atiku also steal your Mandate by beating you

APC running from pillar to post

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by OneCandleAway(f): 9:18am On May 14, 2023
Seek support abi went to meet Bode George to beg Peter obi for them. Let Tinubu himself come and meet him if that is what he wants.

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by Houseontherock1: 9:22am On May 14, 2023
OneCandleAway:
Seek support abi went to meet him to beg obi for them
I'm sure you laughed right after typing this grin grin grin

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by OneCandleAway(f): 9:24am On May 14, 2023
Houseontherock1:

I'm sure you laughed right after typing this grin grin grin

Nothing to laugh about. Obi is ready to expose dirt that Tinubu might not want to come out. They begged Atiku during campaigns when his team was about to open the whole cocaine deal issue.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by tinsel: 9:40am On May 14, 2023
OneCandleAway:

Nothing to laugh about. Obi is ready to expose dirt that Tinubu might not want to come out. They begged Atiku during campaigns when his team was about to open the whole cocaine deal issue.
I really don't know if you Obidients come out from another planet or just play a game. But, I think all this nonsense from you guys will end in a few days and the false hope will start to go down.
Obi is deliberately playing on their intelligence so his name will not vanish. He will make one stupid quote and their hope goes up. Deliberately keeping his name on the headline news.

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by Ofunaofu: 9:42am On May 14, 2023
Yarimo, Ihordspy, LeoDeKing ObiORBiafra and every other Tinubu supporter. Your lord have resorted to begging and seeking support

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by LivingSage: 9:53am On May 14, 2023
Delusional grandeur
slivertongue:

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by Benwallt(m): 10:52am On May 14, 2023
OneCandleAway:
Seek support abi went to meet Bode George to beg Peter obi for them. Let Tinubu himself come and meet him if that is what he wants.

Remember Chude? This is the kind of thing he said that earned him police visit

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by OneCandleAway(f): 10:53am On May 14, 2023
Benwallt:

So that's your plan. Silence all opposition.

If Jonathan behaved like this Apc won't have won in 2015

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by Benwallt(m): 11:02am On May 14, 2023
OneCandleAway:

So that's your plan. Silence all opposition.

If Jonathan behaved like this Apc won't have won in 2015

I have no business with APC. I just pointed something out. Get your facts right.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by citygarden(m): 11:18am On May 14, 2023
This is how leaders do, you unite with your enemy by drawing him closer to you And then you can hit him in case he want to do otherwise. If you don't know, tinubu have been working for 2027 election. He want to weak the opposition. Don't tell them I told you o

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by lonecatt(m): 11:23am On May 14, 2023
tinsel:

I really don't know if you Obidients come out from another planet or just play a game. But, I think all this nonsense from you guys will end in a few days and the false hope will start to go down.
Obi is deliberately playing on their intelligence so his name will not vanish. He will make one stupid quote and their hope goes up. Deliberately keeping his name on the headline news.
stop hallucinating nothing will end after any illegal swearing in.
na then the main matter go start
no mandate thief will have peace

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by BRIMBRAM: 11:31am On May 14, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Yarimo, Ihordspy, LeoDeKing ObiORBiafra and every other Tinubu supporter. Your lord have resorted begging

That's one of the good attribute of Bola Ahmed Tinubu. He did the same immediately after he won the primaries. He consulted all those who lost. His heart is full of forgiveness. Despite how, Obasanjo treated him, Bola still visited him. Tinubu is not vindictive.

You were expecting that he would witch Hunt him. Tinubu has no time for such. His line of thinking is always positive.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by BRIMBRAM: 11:36am On May 14, 2023
Benwallt:

I have first hand information that some platforms, through the court of law will be shut down for enhancing disunity and disrespect of the government after 29 of May. And that hence forth, DSS will spring into action to filter the remaining social media by arresting individual who tend to be public nuisance.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by Benwallt(m): 11:47am On May 14, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

I have first hand information that some platforms, through the court of law will be shut down for enhancing disunity and disrespect of the government after 29 of May. And that hence forth, DSS will spring into action to filter the remaining social media by arresting individual who tend to be public nuisance.

I doubt if the government can do that. What I think is the solution is for people Watch what they put out their

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by BRIMBRAM: 11:50am On May 14, 2023
Benwallt:

I doubt if the government can do that. What I think is the solution is for people Watch what they put out their

Governments have been doing that all around the world. Some even spend terms in Prison.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by GeneralPula: 12:36pm On May 14, 2023
Good sportsmanship..

Together we’re stronger..

50 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by juman(m): 12:52pm On May 14, 2023
Like thank you visit.
Bode george and pdp worked against atiku, invariably worked for tinubu success in the election.
Atiku could not get twenty five percent vote in lagos.

As people said, lagos pdp is in tinubu´s pocket.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by juman(m): 1:02pm On May 14, 2023
See the lunatic ipob noise makers.
Their obi was illegal LP candidate.
In simple words, he didnt contest in the election. He was not a candidate.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by saphiere(f): 7:36pm On May 14, 2023
Another proof that the FUTURE is FEMALE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by bewla(m): 7:36pm On May 14, 2023
He most relocate to Ghana ooo
And by road for me to believe him in future

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by datola: 7:37pm On May 14, 2023
Tinubu does not want Bode George to go on exile.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by obembet(f): 7:37pm On May 14, 2023
Criminal Bode George is Obidient godfather.

No difference Tinubu and Bode

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Loyalists Visit Bode George, Seek His Support by TakeNigeriaBack: 7:37pm On May 14, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin

Bode George that should have relocated by now if he had ANY shame

49 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? / Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost / Buhari And Jonathan In ‘Secret’ Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.