Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,631 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost (30187 Views)

Prof Sagay Says Corruption Has Greatly Reduced Under Buhari's Government / Ministerial List: A Mockery of Buhari's Anti-Corruption war - Yakassai / Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by FriendNG: 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2017
IBRAHIM MAGU GIVES DETAILS OF MONIES RECOVERED BETWEEN JANUARY TO AUGUST

The chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, has described the war on corruption in Nigeria as almost lost, saying a lot needs to be done to revive it.

Speaking with journalists at a luncheon in Abuja on Wednesday, Mr. Magu said corruption was fighting back.

“The way we are going we have already failed. I am telling you we have almost failed. It is almost lost. The battle against corruption is not only evil, it is a poison,” the chairman said.

He however added that despite the challenges, a lot of successes had been recorded by the commission, between January and August 2017.

“Regardless of the challenges that we have faced and continue to face, I am happy to report that we are making progress,” he said.

“Many of you are aware of the achievements that we have recorded in the fight against corruption especially in the area of assets recovery. Two days ago, we got the court to forfeit to the Nigerian Government a sum of N7.6 billion which was hidden in a Nigerian bank by former petroleum resources minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke.

“Two weeks earlier, another court issued a temporary forfeiture order to seize properties worth Twenty One Million, Three Hundred and Ninety Two Thousand, Two Hundred and Twenty Four Thousand Dollars ($21,392,224) belonging to the same former minister. Those properties are awaiting final forfeiture.

[b] “Over a month ago, the Commission recovered over N329 billion from a group of oil marketers for the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation. ['b]These are major recoveries from a sector of the economy. But to give a holistic picture of the aggressive drive to recover stolen wealth, I have the pleasure to report that the Commission between January and August 30, 2017 recorded the following monetary recoveries:

“Four Hundred and Nine Billion, Two Hundred and Seventy Million, Seven Hundred and Six Thousand, Six Hundred and Eighty Six Naira, Seventy Five Kobo (N409, 270, 706,686.75);

Sixty Nine Million, Five Hundred and One Thousand, One Hundred and Fifty Six Dollars, Sixty Seven Cents ($69, 501,156.67);

Two Hundred and Thirty One Thousand, One Hundred and Eighteen Pounds, Sixty Nine Shillings (Pounds 231,118.69; Six Hundred and Ten Thousand, Eight Hundred and Sixteen Thousand, Twenty Euros (Euro 610,816.20);

Four Hundred and Forty Three Thousand, Four Hundred Dirham (Dirham 443,400.00 and (Seventy Thousand, Five Hundred Saudi Riyal (SR70, 500.00).

Mr. Magu further said the recent reports about a lingering rift between himself and the Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, should rather be replaced with a concerted effort by the media and other parties to combat corruption.

“Ladies and gentlemen, it would be naïve for anyone to expect the fight against corruption to be smooth; you should expect resistance and opposition which are expressed in various guises.

“From what we read in the papers these days, it is either somebody is fighting Magu or Magu is fighting other people. I know that journalists want to sell their newspapers, but seriously speaking, instead of fighting ourselves, we should be united in fighting the common enemy, which is corruption.

“Personally, I am not after anybody and have no issues with anybody. Those who think they have issues with me will soon discover that I mean no harm. What drives me is the passion to do what is right by ensuring that we fight corruption to a standstill in this country.

“We do not pretend to have a monopoly of knowledge on how to win the war against corruption. The anti-corruption campaign requires a concerted effort. I enjoin members of the public, including the media, to be part of this effort by reporting cases of corruption to the EFCC. Petitions and complaints can be forwarded to the Commission by email

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/241976-nigeria-almost-lost-war-corruption-magu.html

mynd44 lalasticlala

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 30, 2017
God bless My president,
vice president,
and Mr Magu.

Thank God Oga Jona never got re-elected, many of the wailers would have ran to Ghana or Somalia by now.

We will get to the promised land slow and steady.

God bless Nigeria.

138 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by TheMainMan: 6:59pm On Aug 30, 2017
mtn didn't host project fame ds year.... thats a good sign they are fighting corruption

22 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by Rapoo(m): 7:02pm On Aug 30, 2017
recovered and nowhere to be found. we are yet to feel the effect of that recovered monies

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:13pm On Aug 30, 2017
RECOVERED AND RESTOLEN na wayo government we dey na padi padi government we dey ooo rip ABAMIEDA

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by NaijaMutant(f): 7:16pm On Aug 30, 2017
According to Magu, The fight against corruption is more or less the fight against Diezani.

That means without diezani there wouldn't be any fight against corruption since she is the only corrupt person in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by EmeeNaka: 7:37pm On Aug 30, 2017
Lol
Magu, where is the money?

5 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by FriendNG: 7:53pm On Aug 30, 2017
That is more than half a Trillion Naira between January and August.

22 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by Okoroawusa: 9:19pm On Aug 30, 2017
Am glad a man like Buhari came into the lives of nigeria at a time like this.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by Badonasty(m): 9:43pm On Aug 30, 2017
FriendNG:
IBRAHIM MAGU GIVES DETAILS OF MONIES RECOVERED BETWEEN JANUARY TO AUGUST

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/241976-nigeria-almost-lost-war-corruption-magu.html

mynd44 lalasticlala

Ok
Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by KayDEAN(m): 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2017
shocked my pain is that after 'recovering the money' no body is hearing from them again

Niger area

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by sleemfesh: 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ha abiakwa again.
Is election around the corner already?

5 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by Doctorphil: 9:46pm On Aug 30, 2017
Drugs money
Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by iamkneeyi: 9:46pm On Aug 30, 2017
Rapoo:
recovered and nowhere to be found. we are yet to feel the effect of that recovered monies
can't you be reasonable?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by Riosystem: 9:46pm On Aug 30, 2017
Honestly Let give up on fighting corruption,Politics is about game.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:46pm On Aug 30, 2017
modelmike7:
God bless My president, vice president and Mr Magu.

It should be Curse instead

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by Integrityfarms(m): 9:46pm On Aug 30, 2017
.. Recovered, yet we are mortgaging away the future of Nigeria with a terribly rising debt profile!

... We all can't be deceived by this con administration.

22 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by badera: 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2017
Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by richidinho(m): 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2017
The
Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by moyinoluwabun(m): 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2017
Buhari Don come, magu Don find his voice.

4 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by Olachase(m): 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2017
i want to sell Nigeria on olx grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2017
We never seem to hear anything else from all the money recovered undecided

Everyone na tief even the so called pastor in btw

4 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by nnokwa042(m): 9:49pm On Aug 30, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Lol
Magu, where is the money?
recovered recovered this that deziani this that where is abachas loot ?where is obasanjos loot? where did the north keep all the billions the looted? Pls u people should stop disturbing us

9 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by Jamiubond009(m): 9:50pm On Aug 30, 2017
K
Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by ridbell01(m): 9:51pm On Aug 30, 2017
BornnAgainChild:

It should be Curse instead
same to you and your family

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by Teaser4(m): 9:52pm On Aug 30, 2017
Okoroawusa:
Am glad a man like Buhari came into the lives of nigeria at a time like this.
You are m a d

9 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by biggerboyc(m): 9:53pm On Aug 30, 2017
O
Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by biggerboyc(m): 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2017
TheMainMan:
mtn didn't host project fame ds year.... thats a good sign they are fighting corruption
you forget they also stop WWTBAM
Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by Primebuilders(m): 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2017
Magu how come it is only Diezeni that have name in all the recovered looted fund. Other recovered money have no name attached to them. U mention Diezeni twice. Who owns the Osborne tower money. Are they your friend that u are shielding from the public. Be transparent and bold enough to give names of those that stole our common wealth. Don't only demonize Diezeni as if she is the only looter

20 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost by ridbell01(m): 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2017
nnokwa042:
recovered recovered this that deziani this that where is abachas loot ?where is obasanjos loot? where did the north keep all the billions the looted? Pls u people should stop disturbing us
efcc should leave them? that's why we are saying those people that desiani has looted their destiny would still come and defend her

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu: Gov Dapo Abiodun Wouldn't Have Been Governor Without Me / Buhari And Jonathan In ‘Secret’ Meeting / Nnamdi Kanu Open To Negotiations With FG – Lawyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.