Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

"Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia (25172 Views)

TA Orji's Son, Chinedum Loses Reps Seat To LP's Aguocha / Breaking- Former Gov TA Orji Arrested With Son / Udensi: Kalu's Performance Better Than That Of T.A Orji, Ikpeazu Put Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by fergie001: 11:31am On May 14, 2023
Civil servants in Abia State have since Tuesday, complied with the directive of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC by embarking on an indefinite industrial action over non-payment of salaries.

The workers have insisted only salary alerts will take them back to their offices.

Ikpeazu should carry his cross

It's unfortunate that I am forced to comment and refute the half truths being dished out by those who through their own bad choices have found themselves in a quagmire .

For the avoidance of any doubt, neither myself nor my administrations is responsible for the staggering salary arrears owed both civil servants, parastatals and pensioners in the state.

Before my administrations came to an end on May 29,2015, core civil servants were not owed even one month salary arrears. Parastatals were the ones that were owed between two and four months. The records are there.

At any rate,the arrears were necessitated by the dwindling federal allocation occasioned by the worsening global economy. The price of crude had crashed and the states were getting a paltry two to three billion naira monthly which was not even enough to run the state including capital and recurrent expenditures.

Those who took over from us inherited both assets and liabilities. In this case, government is a continuum. So, if we were owing two to three months, we expected our successors to clear them . This expectation was based on the fact that they received bail out funds from the federal government more than three times running into billions of naira. Again the economy had picked up considerably enabling the outgoing government to chalk up considerable income as can be confirmed from the ministry of finance.

So why was it difficult for them to offset the debts? Again if for any reason they couldn't or were unwilling to offset,why did they allow it to skyrocket to between 35 and 40 months? Why are they also owing core civil servants? So basically, I am not the problem. They should carry their cross.

Ifeanyi Umere
For .Distinguished Senator TA ORJI

SOURCE

IKPEAZU WILL NOT JOIN ISSUES WITH HIS PREDECESSORS

The attention of the Governor of Abia State, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu has been drawn to a statement credited to Senator T.A.Orji, the immediate past Governor of Abia State.

Governor Ikpeazu wishes to state that he is proudly carrying the cross of the governance of Abia State and will continue to carry it till his last day in office.

Secondly, and as a personal policy, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu will not join issues with any of his predecessors in office. For the almost 8 years he has held office as Governor, he has not engaged any of his predecessors in any kind of untoward exchange, even when it seemed politically expedient to do so. This policy is largely responsible for the sociopolitical stability we have enjoyed in Abia State since 2015. The Governor intends to sustain this personal policy going forward.

Finally, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu is of the firm view that as in all matters, history and posterity will, over time, put all things in proper perspective.

May God bless Abia State.

Sir Onyebuchi Ememanka
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor.
13th May, 2023.

SOURCE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by xpressionx(m): 11:34am On May 14, 2023
Abia State was the unluckiest state in Nigeria in terms of governors.

I visited Aba 3 times and discovered what made igbos thick.

Everybody dey hustle, I saw several cute girls hawking different products on there head.

It was the attitude of "nobody send government, I fit hustle for myself" that kept them bound governance wise for years.

It was the Obi wave that made them arise and voted out These wicked men.
Hopefully the incoming governor will do well.

I wish I am an igbo man.

I go sha like marry igbo babe

304 Likes 27 Shares

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by Alexpeters: 11:34am On May 14, 2023
These are the people that finished Abia. Thank God Fir Alex Oti emergence

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by God1000(m): 11:36am On May 14, 2023
Greedy politicians fighting for their own interest, our leaders are wicked

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by madridguy(m): 11:38am On May 14, 2023
Most backward state in Nigeria.

159 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by slivertongue: 11:41am On May 14, 2023
Both are incompetent

18 Likes

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by xpressionx(m): 11:42am On May 14, 2023
Someone
Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by Penguin2: 11:57am On May 14, 2023
This is a very unnecessary roforofo by 2 failures; two idiots who ruined Abia State.

Thank goodness Otti is about to takeover the state. Let’s see if it’s Umuahia Govt House that is cursed or these men have been deliberately wicked and inhuman.

Ndi ala!

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by donbachi(m): 12:11pm On May 14, 2023
Their slips done cut politically

12 Likes

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by Okwyjesus(m): 12:24pm On May 14, 2023
xpressionx:
Abia State was the unluckiest state in Nigeria in terms of governors.

I visited Aba 3 times and discovered what made igbos thick.

Everybody dey hustle, I saw several cute girls hawking different products on there head.

It was the attitude of "nobody send government, I fit hustle for myself" that kept them bound governance wise for years.

It was the Obi wave that made them arise and voted out These wicked men.
Hopefully the incoming governor will do well.

I wish I am an igbo man.

I go sha like marry igbo babe

ABIA STATE WAS.... made my day. The doom days with those failures is over

I believe Otti will over work himself to correct many errors.

I know his capacity. He is a first class technocrat.

28 Likes

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by Jestin: 1:31pm On May 14, 2023
Jesus prayed fervently before picking his disciples and last last , he still went to pick Judas

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by dipopooo(m): 1:31pm On May 14, 2023
I have nothing to do with flatigos news

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by mhktaryan: 1:32pm On May 14, 2023
Nigeria and bad leaders eh
Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by AFRICANJAMAICA: 1:34pm On May 14, 2023
Foolish men

2 Likes

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by Chetas81(m): 1:34pm On May 14, 2023
When a stupid government is elected in a democratic country, the best thing about this is that you learn the number of stupid people in that country!

5 Likes

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by abobote: 1:35pm On May 14, 2023
Two failures, I don't even know between them, who is worst than the other.

They should call the failure that layed this foundation out too.
Orji Uzo kalu

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by Megabig: 1:36pm On May 14, 2023
If we are a serious country, the both of them would have been in jail at the moment

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by ItisWell22(f): 1:37pm On May 14, 2023
May the Almighty do unto them and their generations what they did to Abia state, especially the teaching hospital… 🙏🤲

15 Likes

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by GeneralPula: 1:37pm On May 14, 2023
This expectation was based on the fact that they received bail out funds from the federal government more than three times running into billions of naira.

Buhari really tried for these Governor's. Gave them Paris Bail Out funds, to get things done but most of them didn't put the money into good use..

Until Nigerians start holding their state Governor's responsible, nothing might ever change..

120 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by chukkystar(m): 1:37pm On May 14, 2023
Ikpeazu ruined his Legacy mehn. 8 Years and nothing to show just power

8 Likes

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 14, 2023
grin grin grin banters again and again
Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by Whoknowsme: 1:40pm On May 14, 2023
How inhumane these governors can be still baffles me. O hope the incoming governor will correct all these nonsense

3 Likes

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by Goalnaldo(m): 1:41pm On May 14, 2023
I doubt if there's a state in nigeria with three consecutive good governors, maybe only lagos state. Africans particularly nigerians are blessed with a repertoire of greedy, incompetent, abysmal and shambolic leaders.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by Teeroyzimma: 1:41pm On May 14, 2023
dipopooo:
Kuje dey hungry you

3 Likes

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by Agugbadin: 1:42pm On May 14, 2023
Sadly criminals like Orji Kalu abd Ikpeazu are law makers in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by Theyoungmaster(m): 1:43pm On May 14, 2023
dipopooo:

Then you shouldn't have commented! Such a s.imp

6 Likes

Re: "Carry Your Cross": TA Orji, Ikpeazu Clash Over Non-payment Of Salaries in Abia by inoki247: 1:43pm On May 14, 2023
I just hope Abia is free for real this time around.....

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaechi Welcomes Thousands Of PDP Members To APC In Eleme, Rivers / Celebrations Of Buharis Victory From Across The Nation. Videos. / 25,000 Pastors To Hold Prayers For Buhari In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.