Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,599 members, 7,958,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:02 AM

Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother (1587 Views)

Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 8 Years Of Waiting, Crying / Woman Welcomes Triplets After Six Years Of Waiting (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by sisisioge: 12:40pm On May 29, 2023
linecrosser:
2022:

January to March, nothing really happened. But as I was approaching the month of May, the month I was meant to give birth to my baby, I started feeling sad. Thank God I didn't slip into depression, coupled with the fact that I usually see other people that we got pregnant at the same time giving birth to healthy babies. Why didn't my own stay. It wasn't easy but I survived.

I sometimes make a joke about it that maybe the baby doesn't want to come to Nigeria.

During that period, people were just giving birth around me, I was hopeful and still hopeful.

December 2022, I decided I was not going to put myself under any pressure. It's the end of the year, there's a tendency for you to feel oh, this year has gone again. Christmas and New year was like normal day to me, I didn't attach any special event to it. Abeg I need my mental health.

I will not wish losing a baby for my enemy. It's an unpleasant experience. Thank God for His mercies. People will think that is it not just pregnancy, you will have another one. A friend called me sometimes ago and we got talking, he said 'I thought you are strong', I said I thought I was strong too. God is my strength.

Please always check on people, don't assume they've gotten over it, some of them still cry in their closet, they will come out and laugh with you, go inside and cry again. Be nice to people please. This is one of the lessons I've learnt this period.

Some say, I don't know how he/she will take it if I talk about it, there's a way you will talk to people that they will appreciate you. Some people around you are lonely and in the midst of people, please check on them.

I'm not a good writer, please manage my English.

It is well my sister. Sorry about your experience at the hospital. Naija hospital is the worse! No empathy and low competence. Yet nobody holds them accountable.

You could have waited another two weeks or so to see if your body would expel it without an infection. After all, your pregnancy hormone was steadily declining....no be everybody dey get the infection.

Anyways, on to your strong healthy viable baby next! You will kukuma carry him. But pls give your body rest and try to get to the bottom of why you kept losing them. Besides, do you know that our body renews itself after a while if we take the right care? May God bless you and yours. It is well.
Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by kristana(f): 1:53pm On May 29, 2023
sisisioge:

It will end in joy surely....my friend did for a while but her journey ended when she consulted with the IG doctor. It was like a dream. All the time spent in waiting, all the monthly heartbreaks and money spent....she ended up with a son that changed her name. I feel for TTC sisters, the experience is so draining! May God grace every home expecting babies with the joy o.....it is well.

I follow @mdpeoplesdoctor on Instagram and she is really good. I wish the Op can contact her. I pray God answers her prayers soon too like he did your friend.

2 Likes

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by linecrosser: 9:18pm On Jun 08, 2023
sisisioge:

It is well my sister. Sorry about your experience at the hospital. Naija hospital is the worse! No empathy and low competence. Yet nobody holds them accountable.

You could have waited another two weeks or so to see if your body would expel it without an infection. After all, your pregnancy hormone was steadily declining....no be everybody dey get the infection.

Anyways, on to your strong healthy viable baby next! You will kukuma carry him. But pls give your body rest and try to get to the bottom of why you kept losing them. Besides, do you know that our body renews itself after a while if we take the right care? May God bless you and yours. It is well.

Hmmm..
When I go to hospitals, I always pray that God's hand will come on the doctor o. Just simple evacuation, the way the doctor was reacting in the theatre sef and one of the nurses.... Health is wealth.
People don't know what they enjoy when they get pregnant and deliver easily
Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by linecrosser: 9:19pm On Jun 08, 2023
kristana:

I follow @mdpeoplesdoctor on Instagram and she is really good. I wish the Op can contact her. I pray God answers her prayers soon too like he did your friend.

Thank you for this information
Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by linecrosser: 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2023
So my brother in-law's wife put to birth some months ago(DH is a twin, he got married a year after our wedding).

When the wife put to birth, I took breakfast to the hospital, we got talking and DH said I won't stay long because I'm going for extra lesson that Saturday.

My mother in law's reply was that I should reduce stress, I should always rest on Saturday. When we left the hospital I asked my husband if he hasn't seen people selling in traffic that are pregnant, I don't believe going to lesson on Saturday mean anything.

I like working o, I can't stay idle. I need to make more money.

1 Like

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by linecrosser: 7:24pm On Jun 16
So, I'm here after a year of writing everything. Still patiently waiting. A lot have happened this one year. Sometimes I feel down and alone, work place issues and all those things.
But something happened at the beginning of this year. The first bible study I went for, we were told to cast our care on God, and I did. This has really helped me. I feel more calm, I pray and I confess God's promises.

The thing is, I believe this waiting period is a seed time and a time to develop myself. If I'm busy with positive things, I won't find myself thinking or feeling down. Sometimes I use all those things that I've been able to get to console myself. At least I'm not idle.

I've learnt how to drive
As a teacher, I've developed the aspect of coding and robotics, I've grown in my career.
Most importantly I'm learning fashion designing. I'm able to sew beautiful dresses for myself now. I'm very happy with this.
While I'm still waiting, I'm looking at changing from an educator to a tech guru. So help me God. I've started learning web development.
I don't know where I'll need all these skills.

Although waiting period is not an easy period,but I believe this phase will eventually end, I don't want this time to be wasted, Iso I'll add value to myself by God's help.
I'm also looking at going into buying shares, but I've not learnt anything on that.
I'm not close to where I'm going, but I'm taking a step at a time
Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by Kingrshd3: 7:57pm On Jun 16
My dear relax and allow God's will to manifest there are people that gave birth an slowpoke and a child that is incomplete or rather died during the process of child birth too.

All things are being in place just pray and relax for yours to come at your best favour with no issue because give birth to a lame child will tarnish your image more than now u haven't gotten any ...

God is a game change 💪
Relax and hope you and your husband has gone for compatibility test too??
If YED and no problem then the time is not here then ..

linecrosser:
So, I'm here after a year of writing everything. Still patiently waiting. A lot have happened this one year. Sometimes I feel down and alone, work place issues and all those things.
But something happened at the beginning of this year. The first bible study I went for, we were told to cast our care on God, and I did. This has really helped me. I feel more calm, I pray and I confess God's promises.

The thing is, I believe this waiting period is a seed time and a time to develop myself. If I'm busy with positive things, I won't find myself thinking or feeling down. Sometimes I use all those things that I've been able to get to console myself. At least I'm not idle.

I've learnt how to drive
As a teacher, I've developed the aspect of coding and robotics, I've grown in my career.
Most importantly I'm learning fashion designing. I'm able to sew beautiful dresses for myself now. I'm very happy with this.
While I'm still waiting, I'm looking at changing from an educator to a tech guru. So help me God. I've started learning web development.
I don't know where I'll need all these skills.

Although waiting period is not an easy period,but I believe this phase will eventually end, I don't want this time to be wasted, Iso I'll add value to myself by God's help.
I'm also looking at going into buying shares, but I've not learnt anything on that.
I'm not close to where I'm going, but I'm taking a step at a time

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by austine4real(m): 8:25pm On Jun 16
God will see you through ma

You will carry your own babies too

Don't give up

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Someone That Can Be Giving Me 'akamu' Every Morning Here In.. / Signs That He/she Is Your Life Partner / What Mothers And Father's Do When Alone With The Baby !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.