Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,401 members, 7,822,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother (1242 Views)

Waiting For Conception: The Travails Of Couples In The Hands Of “womb Watchers” / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 8 Years Of Waiting, Crying / Woman Welcomes Triplets After Six Years Of Waiting (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by linecrosser: 9:20pm On May 14, 2023
I created this topic in diary section. But I want to move it here for comments.

I believe I'll come back very soon to share my testimony on this same page.

1 Like

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by linecrosser: 9:21pm On May 14, 2023
Waiting period sometimes is not easy, but what are we going to do, we keep moving, we keep going.
Yes, I've just been married for two years and some months, someone may say it's too early, but you know what, it's not easy.
I'm not good at writing, but I hope I'll be able to get my mind out on this page.
Your comments are highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by linecrosser: 9:22pm On May 14, 2023
So, I got married December 2020 after COVID-19 lockdown. It was a modest wedding and one of the interesting day of my life. Family members were present, people came from far and near to attend my wedding. What an interesting day!
Everything went well to God's glory and I return all the glory to Him.

I married as a virgin because I believe sexual purity is very important according to the Bible, so I kept myself for my husband.

That month was a very interesting month. New bride, holiday period, good husband and everything, things were very smooth. Marriage is sweet o, especially when you marry the right person.
After the euphoria of the event, reality begin to creep in. January, I didn't see my period, I was happy small, abi I'm pregnant ni, lest wait and see. Malaria also show face, menses no come, that was how I carried myself to lab o for pregnancy test. But alas it was negative, I said okay no problem.
February menses no come, wetin dey happen na! My friend that married in October called me say she don pregnant o, tor, wetin I wan do.
One thing about this journey is that you don't have power over it, if you do you can easily use your hand to take the sperm and egg, but you can't.
Naso I carry myself go hospital o, doctor wrote test: hormonal profile, almighty HSG. I asked Doctor Google about HSG, some say it's painful, others said it's not. Long story short I did all the test. HSG result was okay, hormonal profile- hmmmm, it's well.

Pls I need your comment.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by Foodqueen(f): 9:28pm On May 14, 2023
Your husband should visit the hospital too.

U will smile soonest.

Best wishes from this side

2 Likes

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by linecrosser: 9:42pm On May 14, 2023
I've learnt something on this journey

Don't think people waiting for fruit of the womb don't have responsibilities, they do. Tests upon tests, money for medication and all that. They may even be spending money than those that have children already.

Please check on people. Be friendly with people. Stop making insensitive comments around people.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by linecrosser: 9:43pm On May 14, 2023
Foodqueen:
Your husband should visit the hospital too.

U will smile soonest.

Best wishes from this side

Thank you
Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by Ginaz(f): 10:39pm On May 14, 2023
everything will be alright dear. Just be patient with God and he will do it for you sooner than you expect.

its so soon to be so worried over not having kids. Enjoy your life, make friends and forget what's making you sad.
Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by sisisioge: 11:29pm On May 14, 2023
It is well with you and yours. Soon you will carry your bundle of joy in your arms like mothers before you did.

1. Please have your husband do a SA to rule out issues from his end too.

2. Read about appropriate lifestyle for parents in waiting like you guys.

3. Get yourself a "well woman" vitamin supplement and folic acid to prepare your body as well as a "well man" and vitamin E for Oga.

4. Please be restful and positive.

5. Have plenty of sexxx, we most of the time get the ovulation period wrong.

6. Try to follow this doctor on IG....she has a vast knowledge on fertility issues and does online consultations. @mdpeoplesdoctor

Happy mother's day to you.

5 Likes

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by linecrosser: 10:42am On May 15, 2023
I did HSG, almighty HSG. Although not painful as I thought and the result was fine. That was in February 2021.
I kept confessing the word of God. One thing I'm very sure of is that God's word can't fail, I'm sure of that one.
Fast forward to May 2021, we had a special program in church and I joined, I prayed with my own heart. I even got names for my babies. I like twins so I'm trusting God for twins. Initially I love identical twins, two girls, hubby want two boys. Eventually I settled for a boy and a girl. I have names for them already.

Doctor prescribed clomid for me in June, the first cycle want successful that was June. I didn't feel really bad but I still felt bad. I went for convention in July still trusting God for my miracle, my twins. I came back, menses came again. I was sad a little but I kept holding on to God's word.
July again, I tried another cycle of clomid. This time around something happened....

Hope I tried a little, I'm not a writer anyways

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by linecrosser: 10:43am On May 15, 2023
bThe Miscarriage/b

I tried another cycle of clomid in July 2021, I went for follicular tracking, no be small money o, three times. The third time, the scan said the follicles is yet to rupture, I was sad. In my mind I feel like that month has gone again. One thing is, when I'm down about this issue, I can be down for days, crying, but I will eat o. Even if it's small. During all these process, I placed myself on natural food, stopped taking soft drinks and fast foods.

So, in my mind I was like July is gone. During that period, the boss I was working for relocated, so it means I didn't have a job. I started submitting CV. About the time I was meant to see my menses, it didn't come. I felt like it's a normal thing when it's time it will come. But I noticed implantation bleeding, I thought it was just a normal menses.
I noticed I was purging almost everyday but I thought it's because of the water I was drinking. That was how I finished August o, no menses, I refused to do pregnancy test.
You know there's a feeling you have when you do pregnancy test and it's negative. I can cry for days, so I decided that I was not going to test again until I'm very sure.
But I was purging, feeling cramps, still I didn't test.
September 13th, I started a new job. September 1st, we started fasting and prayer in church, I joined.

Around September 22nd, Saturday morning I decided to test, because I saw blood, so I told a doctor who said it's likely an infection, so I bought ciprotab. That Saturday morning, I decided to test before starting the ciprotab since I don't even like taking drugs, that was how I entered bathroom o and alas, I saw two red lines.

I didn't believe. I quietly left the bathroom, went to where my husband was, showed him the test and said this is what I saw o, but I'm not sure. I tested again still two lines, I didn't believe. I wanted to do blood test. I called a church member and she told me she will do the blood test for me the next day, and Viola I was confirmed pregnant. It was unbelievable.
What I thought its still going to take time, happened just like that, I was happy. Hubby was happy. That was how I became a pregnant woman o. On Friday before I tested, I noticed I didn't feel like eating boiled eggs but I thought it was a normal thing.

.....to be continued.
Please I need your comment so that I can continue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by linecrosser: 11:01am On May 15, 2023
This rain on Monday morning will cause enough traffic o. I don't like early morning rain in Lagos at all.
I didn't get to work on time this morning because of traffic.

One thing I've learnt on this journey is that, I won't let this situation keep me down, I'll keep on developing my faith in God, because I'm very sure faith in God works.

Also, I won't stop developing my career. I'm a teacher, YES! I've been able to develop myself in various ways, I make sure I learn new things always. Late last year I started brushing up my programming skills, early this year o started learning how to drive. Thanks to DH, he has always been supportive.
While I wait, I'll keep learning new things, keep getting better, keep developing my faith in God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:22pm On May 15, 2023
Have you given birth already?
Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by sisisioge: 2:31pm On May 15, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:
Have you given birth already?

Her language sounds hopeful....it is well. While some got it so easy, it's a struggle for others.
Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:38pm On May 15, 2023
sisisioge:

Her language sounds hopeful....it is well. While some got it so easy, but it's a struggle for others.

I’m so itching to read that it ended in joy. I know what it feels like to be a TTC. It’s heartbreaking.
Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by sisisioge: 2:48pm On May 15, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

I’m so itching to read that it ended in joy. I know what it feels like to be a TTC. It’s heartbreaking.

It will end in joy surely....my friend did for a while but her journey ended when she consulted with the IG doctor. It was like a dream. All the time spent in waiting, all the monthly heartbreaks and money spent....she ended up with a son that changed her name. I feel for TTC sisters, the experience is so draining! May God grace every home expecting babies with the joy o.....it is well.

1 Like

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:56pm On May 15, 2023
sisisioge:

It will end in joy surely....my friend did for a while but her journey ended when she consulted with the IG doctor. It was like a dream. All the time spent in waiting, all the monthly heartbreaks and money spent....she ended up with a son that changed her name. I feel for TTC sisters, the experience is so draining! May God grace every home expecting babies with the joy o.....it is well.

Same with a friend.

She's had over 4 miscarriages. We are looking towards surrogacy OR IVF this time. She has done everything on God’s green earth, yet they didn't stay. Now, the husband is growing weary about everything, losing his patience. So sad.
Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by sisisioge: 3:20pm On May 15, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

Same with a friend.

She's had over 4 miscarriages. We are looking towards surrogacy OR IVF this time. She has done everything on God’s green earth, yet they didn't stay. Now, the husband is growing weary about everything, losing his patience. So sad.

Chai! It is well. While you're looking into the surrogacy plan, pls tell her to avoid pregnancy for a while while she loads up on folic acid. When she conceives again, continue with the folic acid and her prenatal vitamins and ground herself from se.xx and stress for the first 12weeks of the pregnancy.

They say most pregnancies that end up in mis miscarriages(less than 12 weeks old) or miscarriages are mostly due to chromosomal causes. Her eggs and the husband's swimmers might not be top notch. Folic acid has a way of strengthening her eggs. It is well....may God bless her.
Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:40pm On May 15, 2023
sisisioge:

Chai! It is well. While you're looking into the surrogacy plan, pls tell her to avoid pregnancy for a while while she loads up on folic acid. When she conceives again, continue with the folic acid and her prenatal vitamins and ground herself from se.xx and stress for the first 12weeks of the pregnancy.

They say most pregnancies that end up in mis miscarriages(less than 12 weeks old) or miscarriages are mostly due to chromosomal causes. Her eggs and the husband's swimmers might not be top notch. Folic acid has a way of strengthening her eggs. It is well....may God bless her.

Amen. Thanks, Sisisioge.

Her case has been found to be that of inadequate progesterone levels (hormonal imbalance) and an incompetent cervix. She loses the babies in the 3rd-4th month of gestation. So, the case of folic acid or the other supplementations expectant mothers take isn't new to her. In fact, we did bed rest, less stress, and no bikes, she stopped work and laid in bed all through, yet all went down. We are lost at wit’s end already hence we devised the option to try surrogacy.

Happy for your friend BTW.

1 Like

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by sisisioge: 4:17pm On May 15, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

Amen. Thanks, Sisisioge.

Her case has been found to be that of inadequate progesterone levels (hormonal imbalance) and an incompetent cervix. She loses the babies in the 3rd-4th month of gestation. So, the case of folic acid or the other supplementations expectant mothers take isn't new to her. In fact, we did bed rest, less stress, and no bikes, she stopped work and laid in bed all through, yet all went down. We are lost at wit’s end already hence we devised the option to try surrogacy.

It is well, I guess you are on the most correct course at the moment. Imagine going through the most difficult phase of pregnancy 4 times in futility! May God bless her with her heart desire. Hugs to her. It is well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by nicerod(m): 5:10pm On May 15, 2023
Kongrats sis

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by HEISGOD: 6:53pm On May 15, 2023
Thank God they have found the causes of the problems. She can be placed on progesterone injections to take care of that problem. Also, since she has incompetent cervix, cerclage can ve done on her till she gives birth. These are the possible solutions except there are other underlying issues.

UyaiIncomparabl:

Amen. Thanks, Sisisioge.

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:58pm On May 15, 2023
HEISGOD:

Thank God they have found the causes of the problems. She can be placed on progesterone injections to take care of that problem. Also, since she has incompetent cervix, cerclage can ve done on her till she gives birth. These are the possible solutions except there are other underlying issues.

Sure. But, we are scared of taking another chance so we are suggesting surrogacy. She has lost all hope.
Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by HEISGOD: 8:52pm On May 15, 2023
If she hasn't taken theses steps, please let her try it. I just believe it will work now. Congratulations in advance

UyaiIncomparabl:

Sure. But, we are scared of taking another chance so we are suggesting surrogacy. She has lost all hope.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by linecrosser: 12:50pm On May 16, 2023
So, everything went on normally throughout the first week, I went to work with the normal pregnancy symptoms. I was told to go for a scan and they discovered heat beat, by then I was already 6weeks gone.
One week later, on Monday I noticed that the pregnancy symptoms has reduced, so I decided to go for another scan in another hospital on my own. The man said the heartbeat is not all that strong, and so it's a threatened abortion.
Threatened abortion ke, I went to the hospital the next day - a teaching hospital, they said doctors are on strike, I went to their emergency O&G. Their reply was they can't attend to me because it isn't an emergency because I'm not bleeding. Aha, what's this now, I said I'm seeing brown discharge you are telling me until I bleed. They eventually wrote series of test, I did the test but never went back with the result.
I was told to repeat scan after two weeks, the two weeks was very long, so I repeated scan that Friday evening and it was early fetal demise. Jesus, I didn't really cry that particular day because it hasn't dawn on me what happened.
Monday I went back to the teaching hospital and they said they will do evacuation. Evacuation ke, after serious thinking I decided to go on Tuesday for evacuation to avoid infection.

They delayed us till evening, I eventually entered the theatre. The doctors were not friendly, the one that wrote the materials to use didn't write the correct ones, hubby had to go to buy the correct ones. Paid for blood and for the procedure

The pain was out of this world, I couldn't cry, tears weren't coming out....
To be continued

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:30am On May 28, 2023
linecrosser:
I created this topic in diary section. But I want to move it here for comments.

I believe I'll come back very soon to share my testimony on this same page.

Why did you stop updating?
Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by Ulunne777(f): 11:54am On May 28, 2023
Your rainbow baby will come soon.

Mehn this life.

1 Like

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by Houseofglam7(f): 12:03pm On May 28, 2023
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by GboyegaD(m): 12:08pm On May 28, 2023
It is well. Glad to see you are working on your improvement and not brooding. May God answer you quickly.
Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by linecrosser: 5:39am On May 29, 2023
2022:

January to March, nothing really happened. But as I was approaching the month of May, the month I was meant to give birth to my baby, I started feeling sad. Thank God I didn't slip into depression, coupled with the fact that I usually see other people that we got pregnant at the same time giving birth to healthy babies. Why didn't my own stay. It wasn't easy but I survived.

I sometimes make a joke about it that maybe the baby doesn't want to come to Nigeria.

During that period, people were just giving birth around me, I was hopeful and still hopeful.

December 2022, I decided I was not going to put myself under any pressure. It's the end of the year, there's a tendency for you to feel oh, this year has gone again. Christmas and New year was like normal day to me, I didn't attach any special event to it. Abeg I need my mental health.

I will not wish losing a baby for my enemy. It's an unpleasant experience. Thank God for His mercies. People will think that is it not just pregnancy, you will have another one. A friend called me sometimes ago and we got talking, he said 'I thought you are strong', I said I thought I was strong too. God is my strength.

Please always check on people, don't assume they've gotten over it, some of them still cry in their closet, they will come out and laugh with you, go inside and cry again. Be nice to people please. This is one of the lessons I've learnt this period.

Some say, I don't know how he/she will take it if I talk about it, there's a way you will talk to people that they will appreciate you. Some people around you are lonely and in the midst of people, please check on them.

I'm not a good writer, please manage my English.

1 Like

Re: Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother by Octopusssy(f): 9:22am On May 29, 2023
It will end in praise

(1) (2) (Reply)

Keeping Communication Lines Open / Married But Inlove With Another / Parents,are There Worse Things In Life Than A Bad Report Card?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.