Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

He Died, I Lost Him Today - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / He Died, I Lost Him Today (998 Views)

Since my brother died, I have been mentally down. / Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died / ‘I Lost Over 19 Babies’;Lady Who Gave Birth To Baby Girl Narrates Ordeal. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Died, I Lost Him Today by favourRN(m): 7:43pm On May 15, 2023
Unconsciousness From Seizure Activity And ICU Stay Costing $500 Per Day

https://www.nairaland.com/7687341/unconsciousness-seizure-activity-icu-stay#123155544
Re: He Died, I Lost Him Today by oxygenator: 5:54pm On May 16, 2023
RIP to the patient.
One would have suggested hyperbaric oxygen therapy [hbot] for him as he was not responding to standard treatment.
Re: He Died, I Lost Him Today by favourRN(m): 10:33pm On May 16, 2023
I don't believe anything could work for him, because he is also a Down syndrome patient.

oxygenator:
RIP to the patient.
One would have suggested hyperbaric oxygen therapy [hbot] for him as he was not responding to standard treatment.
Re: He Died, I Lost Him Today by Sewasaunt(f): 9:12pm On May 23, 2023
oxygenator:
RIP to the patient.

You and your highly insensitive and ignorant ads touting hyperbaric oxygen as the solution to all the problems on earth.

You think if it was that effective, hospitals won't advice it, patients wouldn't rush and you won't have to crawl round threads screaming hyperbaric upandan disgustingly on nairaland?

I pray you don't fall prey to your own unholy trap undecided

1 Like

Re: He Died, I Lost Him Today by oxygenator: 5:44am On May 24, 2023
Sewasaunt:

You and your highly insensitive and ignorant ads touting hyperbaric oxygen as the solution to all the problems on earth.

You think if it was that effective, hospitals won't advice it, patients wouldn't rush and you won't have to crawl round threads screaming hyperbaric upandan disgustingly on nairaland?

I pray you don't fall prey to your own unholy trap undecided

Stop misleading the public.
HBOT is very very effective.
Do your research please and stop saying what you don't know.

How would the patients or healthcare providers know if they are not informed?

If you like call it advert. Whose headache if patients or healthcare providers do not take advice?
Between both of us one will be telling lies you know it.
No harm in critisizing but before that be very sure of what you are saying. No need to mislead any patient as you are doing now.

HBOT is very very effective for what it is meanth for. It is not for all the problems on earth as you are lying to the public by misquoting me in your statement.
If I can learn from you, equally you can also learn from me.

We are here to inform and educate and not to solisit.

HBOT is one of the best help you can find in medical practice mama dentist.

*He who has ears let him hear*
Re: He Died, I Lost Him Today by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:09am On May 24, 2023
oxygenator:

Stop misleading the public.
Do your research please and stop saying what you don't know.

If you like call it advert. Whose headache if patients or healthcare providers do not take advice?
Between both of us one will be telling lies you know it.
No harm in critisizing but before that be very sure of what you are saying. No need to mislead any patient as you are doing now.

HBOT is very very effective for what it is meanth for. It is not for all the problems on earth as you are lying to the public by misquoting me in your statement.
If I can learn from you, equally you can also learn from me.

We are here to inform and educate and not to solisit.

HBOT is one of the best help you can find in medical practice mama dentist.

*He who has ears let him hear*

Stop this unending stupidity and falsehood about hyperbaric oxygen.

2 Likes

Re: He Died, I Lost Him Today by oxygenator: 6:33am On May 24, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Stop this unending stupidity and falsehood about hyperbaric oxygen.

Who cares what you say or think!
Do your findings yourself.
Take it or leave it.
Re: He Died, I Lost Him Today by Sewasaunt(f): 6:14pm On May 24, 2023
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) is a type of treatment used to speed up healing of carbon monoxide poisoning, gangrene, wounds that won't heal, and infections in which tissues are starved for oxygen.

For this therapy, you enter a special chamber to breathe in pure oxygen in air pressure levels 1.5 to 3 times higher than average. The goal is to fill the blood with enough oxygen to repair tissues and restore normal body function.

Facts about hyperbaric oxygen therapy
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy was first used in the U.S. in the early 20th century.

The therapy was tried again in the 1940s when the U.S. Navy used it to treat deep-sea divers who had decompression sickness. By the 1960s, the therapy was also used to treat carbon monoxide poisoning.

Today, it's still used to treat sick scuba divers and people with carbon monoxide poisoning, including firefighters and miners. It has also been approved for more than a dozen conditions ranging from burns to bone disease, including:

Carbon monoxide poisoning
Cyanide poisoning
Crush injuries
Gas gangrene (a form of gangrene in which gas collects in tissues)
Decompression sickness
Acute or traumatic reduced blood flow in the arteries
Compromised skin grafts and flaps
Infection in a bone (osteomyelitis) that doesn't respond to other treatment
Delayed radiation injury
Flesh-eating disease (necrotizing soft tissue infection)
Air or gas bubble trapped in a blood vessel (air or gas embolism)
Chronic infection called actinomycosis
Diabetic wounds that are not healing properly
Medicare, Medicaid, and many insurance companies generally cover hyperbaric oxygen therapy for these conditions, but may not do so in every case. Check with your insurance plan to see if it is covered and if you need pre-authorization before treatment.

Be aware that HBOT is not considered safe and effective for treating certain conditions. These include: HIV/AIDs, brain injury, heart disease, stroke, asthma, depression, spinal cord injury, and sports injuries.

How does HBOT work?
HBOT helps wound healing by bringing oxygen-rich plasma to tissue starved for oxygen. Wound injuries damage the body's blood vessels, which release fluid that leaks into the tissues and causes swelling. This swelling deprives the damaged cells of oxygen, and tissue starts to die. HBOT reduces swelling while flooding the tissues with oxygen. The higher pressure in the chamber increases the amount of oxygen in the blood. HBOT aims to break the cycle of swelling, oxygen starvation, and tissue death.

What happens during HBOT
Only a healthcare provider should prescribe HBOT. A number of hospitals offer these chambers. People relax, sit, or lie comfortably in these chambers and take deep breaths. Sessions can last from 45 minutes up to 300 minutes, depending on the reason for the treatment.

Your ears may feel plugged as the pressure is raised, like when you're in an airplane or the mountains. Swallowing or chewing gum will "pop" the ears back to

Precautions
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is not for everyone. It shouldn't be used by people who have had a recent ear surgery or injury, a cold or fever, or certain types of lung disease.
Re: He Died, I Lost Him Today by Sewasaunt(f): 6:19pm On May 24, 2023
The post I copied, edited and pasted above is from John Hopkins Hospital website.

The main uses clinically are decompression sickness and osteomyelitis.

In the quoted case of seizures above, it has no proven use, you have recommended it for cerebral pasly too- a condition it also has no clinically proven use for.

Don't let your greed blind you.

Stop scamming and misleading people.

It's unfair and very painful to see people like you giving false and inaccurate hope and making those suffering to suffer even more.

Science is evolving and people are working round the clock to bring more therapeutic options for medical conditions but until then, refresh and renew your mind.

I am mama Dentist, what are you?

Mr illiterate, unwilling to learn and improve, no do-gooder, fine bara scammer, bleeping hbot provider undecided

1 Like

Re: He Died, I Lost Him Today by Sewasaunt(f): 6:26pm On May 24, 2023
Even if your bleeping hbot works, someone died and the first thing that came to your retired brain is to advertise your hbot?

Where is your empathy?

Where is your humanity?

If we ask now, your hbot will be crazily expensive and I am sure it's not even in an ethical facility.

You can prove me wrong by posting some details.

I can also link you up with a cerebral palsy patient or any patient of your choice with one of the conditions you have mentioned it helps with willing to undergo hbot for you to try it on free of charge ( because I am sure you are coming to deny being a broke ass marketer).

So what gives hon?

I am waiting undecided

1 Like

Re: He Died, I Lost Him Today by Sewasaunt(f): 6:32pm On May 24, 2023
[quote author=oxygenator
[/quote]

Lastly? Health providers know sir, they have always known about it, I was taught in school many years ago under management of chronic osteomyelitis.

It's not some hidden secret big pharma is trying to hide from the world.

There's just not enough research into it as well as clinically proven efficacy for it to be advised for other medical conditions.
Re: He Died, I Lost Him Today by oxygenator: 10:39am On May 26, 2023
[quote author=Sewasaunt post=123343495][/quote]

mama dentist3:
I have set aside every other comment you made against me so that we can move ahead.
If you need to test efficacy of hbot let's go ahead. But you need to sponsor the project yourself. I have done enough free work, and have undertaken enough risky assignment. I can still extent my benevolence to any medical personnel ranging from Professor of medicine to wardmaid or cleaner involved in free work too. We can also give free Rx to any one as the spirit leads.

Treating CP patient with hbot for free is not like eating agbado and ewa.
Re: He Died, I Lost Him Today by Sewasaunt(f): 6:27pm On May 26, 2023
oxygenator:

mama dentist3:
I have set aside every other comment you made against me so that we can move ahead.
If you need to test efficacy of hbot let's go ahead. But you need to sponsor the project yourself. I have done enough free work, and have undertaken enough risky assignment. I can still extent my benevolence to any medical personnel ranging from Professor of medicine to wardmaid or cleaner involved in free work too. We can also give free Rx to any one as the spirit leads.

Treating CP patient with hbot for free is not like eating agbado and ewa.

Your benevolence?

Free work and risky assignment?

Treating cp with hbot for free is not like eating agbado and ewa?

Did you go through your response at all?

Mehn, I can't believe this is who I was arguing with and trying to see reason with.

I am not against your hbot but there has to be sufficent data and proof that it works, oxygen will improve most cellular processes in the body but at what risk, which conditions?

You can't just be parading it as a miracle cure and after people waste money and time and loose hope you will change your tone again.

It isn't just about you or because I want to attack you, it is about doing the right thing.

I also said I am sure your facility isn't an ethical one.

Nna mehn, you be real one chance.
Re: He Died, I Lost Him Today by oxygenator: 1:31am On May 29, 2023
Sewasaunt:

Your benevolence?

Free work and risky assignment?

Treating cp with hbot for free is not like eating agbado and ewa?

Did you go through your response at all?

Mehn, I can't believe this is who I was arguing with and trying to see reason with.

I am not against your hbot but there has to be sufficent data and proof that it works, oxygen will improve most cellular processes in the body but at what risk, which conditions?

You can't just be parading it as a miracle cure and after people waste money and time and loose hope you will change your tone again.

It isn't just about you or because I want to attack you, it is about doing the right thing.

I also said I am sure your facility isn't an ethical one.

Nna mehn, you be real one chance.

Mama Dentist stop accusing people falsely for offences not committed

You did not carry out any investigation and you are using such words very loosely.

If you are in the police you will be sending innocent people to the gallows for offences not committed.

You copied and pasted an article from a website and then misinterpreted it to the public.
Have you also checked youtube? If you can't find the links I can help you.

All those things you are telling the world that hbot is not used for are not correct.

All those characterisation about my person are totally wrong. I am ashamed at what you are doing. False accusation, misrepresentation of facts, insults, failure to read and understand.

Because you are totally biased you are not quoting correctly again. All you want is loophole to insult and discredit. We are not engaged in any other medical procedure except hbot. Only out patient service and strictly on request.

Which proof are you looking for again when there are thousands of research work and testimonies from foreign websites.

If you do not write good things I may not respond again.

We are not 'one chance', we are not 'bara'. We are creating awareness to physicians, nurses, every health practitioners and patients that adding hbot in certain health conditions can reduce mortality and morbidity.

HBOT can be used alone or as an adjunct to other treatments for optimum benefit.

Mama Dentist if you need to send any patient for difficult to treat condition please do. Thanks for even doing little research by yourself.

Any one who needs more understanding on hbot can reach us through our WhatsApp number.

(1) (Reply)

Proven Guide To Cure Your Acne Within 21 Days / Green World Weight Loss Option / How To Make My Nose Slim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.