Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,326 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died (50694 Views)

Say No To That Blood Transfusion!!! I Know Something That Can Help You. DM Now. / Lagos Govt, Jehovah’s Witnesses Clash Over Blood Transfusion For Baby (PHOTOS) / Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Pecoleee345: 2:58pm On Mar 15, 2022
Should A Wife Be Allowed To Take A Big Decision Without Informing Her In-law?

Good afternoon everybody.i will make this short as possible.

A friend of mine just died in luth (cause of that was anemia). He was operated upon and they told his wife to get blood (2 r.o) for transfusion after the procedure but due to being a jehova witness she decided not to get the blood (jehova witness don't take blood,is against there faith).

She had a back and forth about the blood with the doctors and was asked to sign incase anything happen which she sign without the husband family knowledge....it was only her and her fellow jehova witness that took the decision.

He passed away this midnight, she called her in-law to inform them and I also got the information from the deceased younger brother.

On getting here the family found out the surgery was successful but he died of anemia, the doctors told them it was the wife decision not to get him blood against there prescriptions and infact she signed taking responsibility if anything happens.

A serious fight is happening here, the family are claiming she killed there son which I totally agree to as well.

So this my question, should a wife be allowed to take such a big decision without informing the husband family first.

Note; it was her in-laws that were paying the hospital bills.

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by LordIsaac(m): 3:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
This Jehovah witness sef. I saw the scene of one in the movie, "Designated Survivor," and I shuddered at the extremities of man's belief.

144 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 3:03pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:
So this my question, should a wife be allowed to take such a big decision without informing the husband family first.
Note; it was the in-laws that were paying the hospital bills.
The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, so there is technically nothing wrong with what she did. undecided

Being in charge of the bills does not give one legal guardianship so the in-laws are wrong in assuming they should have been consulted on the matter. So the in-laws should probably work on accepting their loss and moving on from this. undecided

83 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by endsarrrs(f): 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2022
For the sake of peace. Science is god. God is supreme

88 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by longetivity(m): 3:05pm On Mar 15, 2022
That is how one Jehovah witness woman died one time in my area because she didn't go to the hospital for treatment when she was seriously sick. Bunch of ignorant mfs

157 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Pecoleee345: 3:05pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, so their is technically nothing wrong with what she did. Being in charge of the bills does not give one legal guardianship so the in-laws are wrong in assuming they should have been consulted on the matter. undecided
I wish you are here now to defend her ooooo.....she really needs someone like you.

Hell just broke loose

145 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by thesicilian: 3:05pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, so their is technically nothing wrong with what she did. undecided

Being in charge of the bills does not give one legal guardianship so the in-laws are wrong in assuming they should have been consulted on the matter. So the in-laws should probably work on accepting their loss and moving on from this. undecided
He who pays the Piper dictates the tunes

168 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 3:09pm On Mar 15, 2022
thesicilian:

He who pays the Piper dictates the tunes
Not according to the Law. undecided

16 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by thesicilian: 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2022
Was this possibility of blood transfusion discussed with the husband before the surgery and if so what was his position on that? Being Jehovah's witnesses no one can blame the wife personally for the decision, she was betrayed by her religious beliefs.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:
I wish you are here now to defend her ooooo.....she really needs someone like you.

Hell just broke loose
Sadly, someone died and that is never easy to accept. undecided

Was the husband also a Jehovah's witness? undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by thesicilian: 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Not according to the Law. undecided
What law? Quote the law you're talking about.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2022
thesicilian:

What law? Quote the law you're talking about.
Marriage law in Nigeria. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Pecoleee345: 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2022
thesicilian:
Was this possibility of blood transfusion discussed with the husband before the surgery and if so what was his position on that? Being Jehovah's witnesses no one can blame the wife personally for the decision, she was betrayed by her religious beliefs.
The husband too is also a jehova witness but he didn't take the decision clearly cause he was semi conscious.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Klass99(f): 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2022
cool

19 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by emmanuelbrown26: 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, so their is technically nothing wrong with what she did. undecided

Rubbish upon rubbish, must u comment on every thread without a reasonable something

137 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Pecoleee345: 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Sadly, someone died and that is never easy to accept. undecided

Was the husband also a Jehovah's witness? undecided
Yes......an abia indigene.
They are not taking it likely with her at all.....the whole thing sound ridiculous.

Non of her jehova witness is showing up.....they all left her now.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by emmanuelbrown26: 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:

The husband too is also a jehova witness but he didn't take the decision clearly cause he was semi conscious.
The stupid wife killed person pikin bi that. She stupidily killed the man, how could she sign such an agreenebt without d consent of d inlaw, if na my sister, i go still tell am say na she kill d husband

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2022
Once I noticed someone is a JW I immediately find my square root

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by thesicilian: 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Marriage law in Nigeria. undecided
I agree with you.

On the streets it's a whole different ball game though. I've seen several situations where the (usually poor and illiterate) husband declines a live saving surgery for his wife and the (usually more educated, financially stable) wife's mother gives the doctor the go ahead, signs and provides money for the procedure. The hospital always goes with the patients parents every time.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Gloriagee(f): 3:26pm On Mar 15, 2022
Was the guy a witness or she imposed her beliefs on him?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 3:27pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:

Yes......an abia indigene.
They are not taking it likely with her at all.....the whole thing sound ridiculous.

Non of her jehova witness is showing up.....they all left her now.
Death is never a joke.
Pecoleee345:

So, the husband was also a Jehovah's witness? Well, case closed. undecided

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by thorpido(m): 3:27pm On Mar 15, 2022
Well,the husband was a Jehovah's false witness so he knew what that entails.He indirectly consented to his wife's decision by accepting the JW doctrines.

However,that wife owes the family a big explanation.She ought to have informed his family about the son's health status and treatment before going ahead with the decision.
The man's family should give her heat.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by thesicilian: 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:

Ok
There's enough blame to go round, actually.
The wife takes blame for prioritizing religious beliefs over evidence based medicine.

The husband also takes the blame, because by signing up to become a JW, he invariably agreed to all their terms and conditions including no blood transfusion even for life saving conditions. The wife was only following his example.

The doctor also has some part of the blood, for agreeing to do the surgery knowing the strong stand of JWs against blood transfusion and not providing alternative measures.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Pecoleee345: 3:30pm On Mar 15, 2022
Klass99:
If I were her, I wouldn't have made such a life altering decision without informing or involving hubby's family of parents and siblings.

Nigerian in-laws wey dey always find small something to hold on to and make a wife's life miserable. Na im this woman go buy correct market, plus the noose and millstone they will use to first hang her, then drown her in the sea. Chai!

On the other hand if the late hubby was a JW too and held strongly to the same beliefs about receiving blood and you all know it, then no one should be finding fault with her or accusing her of causing hubby's death.

Pecolee, are you certain about this? He may have been informed of all the ramifications prior to whatever procedure he had and so he went in fully aware of the consequences. Conscious and aware enough to have decided on his own, if he wanted a transfusion or not.

The problem now is the guy isn't here to clarify if he agree to not getting transfused with blood.....You no we are in Africa nobody want to hear that part, I can't even suggest it else I will be beating here ooo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Pecoleee345: 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2022
thesicilian:

Ok
The wife takes blame for prioritizing religious beliefs over evidence based medicine.

The husband also takes the blame, because by signing up to become a JW, he invariably agreed to all their terms and conditions including no blood transfusion even for life saving conditions. The wife was only following his example.

The doctor also has some part of the blood, for agreeing to do the surgery knowing the strong stand of JWs against blood transfusion and not providing alternative measures.
The doctors had no fault oooo.....it was after the surgery they found out he is a JW infact they said if they knew earlier they won't have done the surgery...The top consultant that did the surgery was really angry.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 3:35pm On Mar 15, 2022
thesicilian:
1. Ok

2. The husband also takes the blame, because by signing up to become a JW, he invariably agreed to all their terms and conditions including no blood transfusion even for life saving conditions. The wife was only following his example.

3. The doctor also has some part of the blood, for agreeing to do the surgery knowing the strong stand of JWs against blood transfusion and not providing alternative measures.
1. What do you mean by blaming the wife? The husband was also a Jehovah's witness, and by the way, nowhere in the OP are you told that the husband was not conscious when his wife signed the papers in question. She most likely signed the documents as his guardian right before he was taken in and operated on. undecided

2. They both made their choice to join the cult and so the parents, while they grieve, ought to understand that these folks chose this for themselves. lipsrsealed

3. That one na lie abeg! undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:

The problem now is the guy isn't here to clarify if he agree to not getting transfused with blood.....You no we are in Africa nobody want to hear that part, I can't even suggest it else I will be beating here ooo.
Find out the condition of the man when his wife signed the papers at least. Was he conscious when his guardian signed the documents on his behalf? undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Pecoleee345: 3:47pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Find out the condition of the man when his wife signed the papers at least. Was he conscious when his guardian signed the documents on his behalf? undecided
He was semi conscious so the doctor told the wife being the next of kin.......According to the nurses in the ward they said the guy came in unconscious from the theatre so there no way he could know about the blood thing.
He was operated Saturday night and he died around 2am this morning.

The husband family have gotten the police involved so they are questioning the nurses and doctors.....to be honest everyone is actually against the wife decision.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 15, 2022
Omoh....the wife just allow her husband to die because of church doctrine. The least the church can do will be to denounce them and they will go for another denomination.

In cases like this, the wife should have informed the husband's family too before making the decision but then all these devotees can be something else at times.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 3:49pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:

He was semi conscious so the doctor told the wife being the next of kin.......According to the nurses in the ward they said the guy came in unconscious from the theatre so there no way he could know about the blood thing.
He was operated Saturday night and he died around 2am this morning.

The husband family have gotten the police involved so they are questioning the nurses and doctors.....to be honest everyone is actually against the wife decision.
Very sad situation! I hope justice , and not jungle justice, is served at the end of it all. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Klass99(f): 3:50pm On Mar 15, 2022
cool

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2022
Palema007:
Omoh....the wife just allow her husband to die because of church doctrine. The least the church can do will be to denounce them and they will go for another denomination.

In cases like this, the wife should have informed the husband's family too before making the decision but then all these devotees can be something else at times.
Why would she have to consult those who are considered infidels by the JW cult standard in such thing when even the law does not mandate she communicate these things to them. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Tramadol Is Killing My Friend. How Can We Help? / Miss Sahhara Undergoes Corrective Surgery / Woman All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery To Remove Huge Facial Tumour. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.