Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,653 members, 7,865,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:54 PM

Put Your Life On The Line For Your Friends! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Put Your Life On The Line For Your Friends! (119 Views)

Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now / Much Respect To All Those Who Put Their Lives On The Line For The Sake Of Others / Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Put Your Life On The Line For Your Friends! by topshore(f): 8:09am On May 16, 2023
Scripture Text: John 15: 11-17

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends"- John 15:13 (AKJV)

Our Scripture reading for today shows how far love needs us to go. This kind of love is called "agape" love, not "worldly" love. This is the kind of "agape" love that Jesus Christ told us to have for each other (John 15:12).
Jesus Christ showed us how much He loved us by giving up His life for us so that we wouldn't be destroyed or die. So He told us to put our lives on the line for our friends. He called this "The Greater Love."

So, does Jesus literally want us to die for our friends? No! Jesus did all of the dying so that we could enjoy all of the living. He died once for all of us, so no one else has to die for anyone else. Jesus Christ is just telling us to die to ourselves by putting someone else's needs ahead of our own.

Jesus Christ makes it clear that a friend is someone who deserves this kind of love. As Jesus told us in the story of the Good Samaritan, a friend is not just someone close to us but also the person next door who needs help and love. Jesus Christ didn't die just for the people He was close to. He died for everyone, no matter how broken, bad, or evil they were. Even though none of us were good enough to deserve His death, He died for us while we were still bad.

Most of the time, we miss what John 15:13 really means. We think a lot about what we should do for ourselves, but the most important thing is what we can do for others, just like Jesus did for us. Jesus died on the cross for us. We should do the same for the people around us.
This means we have to give up our own wants and needs for the sake of those around us. We don't fight for our rights or what we earn. Instead, we give these things up for the good of others, just like Jesus Christ did for us on Calvary.

Think about how much the church could change if we did this. How beautiful would it be in the Church of God if we gave up our lives, our rights, and our wants for the sake of others instead of fighting for what we deserve? What if we did our best? What if we loved each other? What if we gave up something? Think about how these things could have changed the world for the better.

Jesus led us to the right path. He had the right and the power to stand up for Himself and fight back when people tried to hurt Him. Yet He didn't. Even when His followers tried to fight for Him, He told them to stop. He gave up His right to save us, and this made the world different for the better.

If Jesus was able to do it, so can we! He says that in this world, we will do more greater than these (John 14:12).
Are you willing to give up your life? Go do it! In the name of Jesus Christ, God's kindness is enough for us. Amen!

God bless you.

Please, say this short prayer if you want to give your life to Christ:

"Lord Jesus, I come to You now. Come into my life, take charge of my life, and change my world. I'm leaving the devil behind and moving into the Kingdom of Light. Thank you, Jesus. I pray in Jesus' name, amen."

Congratulations!!!

Peace!

Also read: https://www.rethinknow.org/meaning-of-john-15-13-no-love-greater-than-this/
Dr. D.K Olukoya: Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional Vol 8. 2023.

(1) (Reply)

(2). Dreams Of Seeing Yourself In Your Village. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/05/2023 / Fear No More. Your Time Is Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.