Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes (1461 Views)

[BREAKING] 2023: Buhari Endorses Bola Tinubu / EndSARS: Pathologist Tenders Autopsy Reports Of 99 Persons Killed During Protes / Burial Photos Of Precious Owolabi Channels TV Corper Killed During Shiite Protes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Newsbest(f): 12:16pm On May 16, 2023
BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protest

The Labour Party (LP) has called for the cancellation of the 2023 presidential election based on the controversy regarding the 25% of votes in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

reports had it that the Chief Spokesman for Obi-Datti Presidential Campaign Council, Yunusa Tanko, stated this while reacting to the suit seeking to stop the swearing-in of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as the President of Nigeria.

Tanko stated that the party and its presidential candidate, Peter Obi, are looking forward to a situation where the court allows the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, to be sworn in until a substantive president is elected.

He said, “What I know in order not to sound presumptuous is that there will be a swearing-in on May 29 and if we get to win our case at the election petition tribunal, the swearing-in will only involve the president of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. This is by the premises of section 146 (2).

“Our prayer is that the election should be cancelled and declared null and void. This should be the position since the APC candidate did not get 25 percent in Abuja.

If defined deeply, it gives the power to section 146 of the Constitutional provision which states that “In the event that there is no president, the Senate president, Ahmad Lawan will take over”. If the present case goes the way we are praying, what it means is that Lawan will take over as president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

CONTINUE READING>>>>. https://rovingposts.com/breaking-2023-presidential-election-needs-to-be-cancelled-labour-party-protest/

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Dedeity: 12:18pm On May 16, 2023
Tinubu is a tragedy that must not smell Aso rock. We the sane Nigerians must fight and stop him. A drug baron and a mandate thief can't rule Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by yarimo(m): 12:56pm On May 16, 2023
Dedeity:
Tinubu is a tragedy that must not smell Aso rock. We the TERRORISTS must fight and stop him. A drug baron and a mandate thief can't rule Nigeria
Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Emma513: 1:04pm On May 16, 2023
TINUBU WILL NOT BE SWORN IN. FORGET ABOUT APC TROLLING ONLINE. THAT IS WHY I STOP REPLYING SOME OF THEM. BECAUSE THEY ARE AFRAID

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by seanfer(m): 1:43pm On May 16, 2023
These people are not serious at all from Interim government to the court should make Lawan Acting President.. What will happen after June 12 when Lawan's tenure will end as SP?
Their agenda is coming out gradually but unfortunately it is too late...Bunch of jokers

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Dedeity: 2:23pm On May 16, 2023
[quote author=yarimo post=123168215][/quote]This mad boy stop manipulating my comment. Next time you try it I will report you to Seun

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by yarimo(m): 3:04pm On May 16, 2023
Dedeity:
This mad boy stop manipulating my comment. Next time you try it I will report you to Seun

Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Plasmolysis78(m): 3:33pm On May 16, 2023
Immediately

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by raskymonojendor: 3:35pm On May 16, 2023
They have been protesting like forever. How is this breaking news.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Plasmolysis78(m): 3:38pm On May 16, 2023
raskymonojendor:

I tire o

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by proeast(m): 3:43pm On May 16, 2023
There are too numerous dangers surrounding swearing in Tinubu. Nigeria may not survive the medium to long term effects.

The safest and best thing to do is to annul the election and install interim government.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Femmyfamous4u(m): 3:50pm On May 16, 2023
Even if the election is done again, i can assure whoever cares to listen that it will turn out same.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Koralords: 4:02pm On May 16, 2023
seanfer:
These people are not serious at all from Interim government to the court should make Lawan Acting President.. What will happen after June 12 when Lawan's tenure will end as SP?
Their agenda is coming out gradually but unfortunately it is too late...Bunch of jokers
They are confused
Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Koralords: 4:08pm On May 16, 2023
proeast:
There are too numerous dangers surrounding swearing in Tinubu. Nigeria may not survive the medium to long term effects.

The safest and best thing to do is to annul the election and install interim government.
Na your eyes he go do,Nigeria would even prosper mark my words
Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Parachoko: 4:21pm On May 16, 2023
A lot of people in Biafla go take off their clothes and enter street on May 29 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Spy360(m): 4:23pm On May 16, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:
Even if the election is done again, i can assure whoever cares to listen that it will turn out same.
I sincerely doubt that the 8million votes Tinubu got are real. It's not possible that there are that number of insane people in the Nigeria not to talk of those that are above 18years that voted.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by ProphetM0hammad: 4:26pm On May 16, 2023
Spy360:

I sincerely doubt that the 8million votes Tinubu got are real. It's not possible that there are that number of insane people in the Nigeria not to talk of those that are above 18years that voted.

Maybe you are thr insane one for voting pandora

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Femmyfamous4u(m): 5:05pm On May 16, 2023
Spy360:

To be frank with you, his votes was suppressed in the core north. The guy has been at it for almost 20 years going to the books and crannies, it's not a days job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Spy360(m): 5:25pm On May 16, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

To be frank with you, his votes was suppressed in the core north. The guy has been at it for almost 20 years going to the books and crannies, it's not a days job.
You mean Tinubu's votes were surpressed
Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Femmyfamous4u(m): 6:07pm On May 16, 2023
Spy360:

You mean Tinubu's votes were surpressed

Yes! In the North east and north west. Have you wondered why Atiku is not agitating? Most of the votes he got were cornered votes.
Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Spy360(m): 7:06pm On May 16, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

Yes! In the North east and north west. Have you wondered why Atiku is not agitating? Most of the votes he got were cornered votes.
Well if that's true let Tinubu go and retrieve his votes and let him also return the ones he stole from Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Bringbackmandat: 7:23pm On May 16, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:
God forbid. I swear tinubu will not smell 3rd position if the election should be conducted again
Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Bringbackmandat: 7:27pm On May 16, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

Are you normal? Mention one reason that will make the north east and north west to vote for Tinubu. Just mention only one reason.
Iam a northerner so you should know that I know what I am talking about.
Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Plasmolysis78(m): 7:28pm On May 16, 2023
Immediately
Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Femmyfamous4u(m): 7:51pm On May 16, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
Are you normal? Mention one reason that will make the north east and north west to vote for Tinubu. Just mention only one reason.
Iam a northerner so you should know that I know what I am talking about.

Most voters in the northeast voted Atiku. In 4he north west however, many still benefit from APC and voted for APC.
Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Femmyfamous4u(m): 7:51pm On May 16, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
God forbid. I swear tinubu will not smell 3rd position if the election should be conducted again

Dey play.
Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Buziness101: 8:01pm On May 16, 2023
grin
Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Cyberterror: 8:08pm On May 16, 2023
Labour party can keep providing content for the lazy Nigerian media outlets until inauguration day grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by Throwback: 8:30pm On May 16, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Hahahahaha!

This means we are already accustomed to their comedy show.

We no dey even laugh again.

Very pathetic miscreants.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 2023 Presidential Election Needs To Be Cancelled – Labour Party Protes by adekolaelect(m): 9:07pm On May 16, 2023
proeast:

a comment from a wailer that was pained for the outcome of election. Pls can you list reasonable Dangers that will befall on Nigeria if Tinubu swear in as president? Pls I need a reasonable minded reply not emotional and Insult as usual. I understand your pains but you need to calm down.

(1) (Reply)

Forbes:Dangote Wealth From Import Rights Military & Civilian Regimes in 80s/90s / Tinubu's Electricity Bill (Please Stop The Propaganda) / What if PEPT Order Recounting Of Votes In Presidential Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.