Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Exclusive Interview: My Parents Influence My Music Career – VEECII - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Exclusive Interview: My Parents Influence My Music Career – VEECII (213 Views)

I Didn’t Ask My Parents For Money As A Law Student, By Femi Falana SAN / What's The Worst Thing You Ever Did Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / What Is The Difference Between The Exclusive And Concurrent List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusive Interview: My Parents Influence My Music Career – VEECII by PeterOnu(m): 1:24pm On May 16, 2023
By Oriri Peter

Tell us a bit about your background? Where you grew up, schools attended, family, etc
My full name is Victor Ukor, I’m also known as Veecii. I am from Delta State, in the Southern part of Nigeria. I was born in Benin City, Edo State and grew up there until I went to study Physics at Delta State University Abraka, Delta to pursue an undergraduate degree in Physics. During my National Youth Service in Lagos, I took a chance to produce music professionally and right after my NYSC, I relocated to the United Kingdom where I bagged a master’s degree in Artificial intelligence at the Birmingham City University, England.

How did you start producing music and do you play any instruments?

My family was my earliest music influence; my brother played the piano and bass guitar and my mum sang a lot around the house. I grew up exposed to a variety of music genres and music instruments at church. I started as a drummer then I learned how to play the piano from just practicing myself and playing at church. During my service year in Lagos, I was blessed to work with different producers and singers, that helped me hone my skills as a music producer and push me further on this path as a music producer.

Describe your creative process in any song?
I draw inspiration from range of sources and incorporate new techniques into creating music depending on how I’m feeling at that time. As a producer my process could be coming up with an idea for the song. This might involve brainstorming with then artist what they have in mind, listening to references, or drawing inspiration on my own experience just like how I have visioned my idea. It really just depends on my mood and the artist I am working with. Afrobeats is now global.

How does this make you feel knowing that your productions will contribute to it?

I’m happy to be a part of a movement that uses music to bridge cultural divides and unite individuals from different backgrounds while also highlighting the rich and varied musical legacy of Africa. Seeing how Afrobeat is influencing and motivating musicians all around the world and knowing that my own efforts are affecting this dynamic and colourful genre is exciting. I must commend Sarz, Masterkraft, Blaise Beatz Tempoe, Rexxie and all the other gifted producers working hard and creatively, to put our music on the map. I love to experiment with sound and push the boundaries of what’s possible in music and so I strive to contribute to afrobeat by bringing my own unique style and sound to each production, while remaining true to the roots and spirits of the genre.

Why did you choose to work with new artists and not bigger artists on “Black Energy”?

For a variety of reasons, I decided to collaborate on my project with emerging artists. In my opinion, emerging artists frequently offer a certain energy and perspective to their work that can be challenging to locate in more seasoned artists. They frequently have a competitive spirit and a willingness to take artistic chances, which can result in highly avant-garde and thrilling music. Working with emerging artists also enables me to participate in the creative process more directly and actively.

The Nigerian entertainment industry is very competitive. What makes Veecii different from the pack?

Well, I can say that I’m unique approach to creating music. I believe that my sound transcends borders and speaks to audiences of all backgrounds and cultures. By blending traditional African rhythms and melodies with modern production techniques and sounds, I can create music that is both deeply rooted in the Afrobeat tradition and highly accessible and appealing to a global audience. Whether I am working with established artists or emerging talent, my goal as a producer is always to create music that speaks to people on a fundamental level, regardless of their background or cultural identity. By drawing upon a wide range of influences and sounds, and by staying true to the spirit and energy of the Afrobeat genre, I am able to create music that truly transcends borders and speaks to listeners around the world.

Critics and enthusiasts say that producers aren’t given enough credit for their work. What do you think?

No doubt this is true but it is beginning to change as more and more people realise how important producers are to the creation of music. Producers are increasingly acclaimed for their special abilities and talents as well as for their roles in the creation of some of the greatest and most well-known songs and albums in history. At the same time, I think it is our responsibility as producers to keep fighting for more respect and appreciation for what we do. We can ensure that producers receive the credit and recognition they merit for their significant contributions to the music industry by speaking up for ourselves and our peers and by carrying on creating innovative and captivating music that grabs the attention of listeners and critics alike.

What is next after this song?

While I am certainly proud of the work that I have done on this song, and the EP. I am already thinking about what comes next. I’ll keep pushing myself creatively and exploring new sounds and styles. I am constantly seeking out new collaborations and opportunities to work with talented artists from a range of different backgrounds and musical tradition. I am also mindful of the need to stay true to the core principles that have guided me throughout my career as a producer. This means remaining committed to producing music that is both innovative and accessible, that speaks to audiences of all backgrounds and cultures.

I have an arsenal of unlimited songs that I have coming, and everyone should watch out for me as I intend to give the fans unlimited good music, hits upon hits. My EP is loaded with a lot of good music/ collaborations, and I urge everyone to stay with me on this journey. I’m excited to see where this takes me next

Re: Exclusive Interview: My Parents Influence My Music Career – VEECII by Ever8090: 1:51pm On May 16, 2023
I beg,..who him be?...which music him don sing...?

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Interview: My Parents Influence My Music Career – VEECII by Martins005: 2:12pm On May 18, 2023
Nice one. Listened to Black energy and that’s really a good song. Can’t wait for more music from you. Your production is top notch👏
Re: Exclusive Interview: My Parents Influence My Music Career – VEECII by Tinuke5050: 2:17pm On May 18, 2023
Veecii you are so talented, the world needs to hear your sound. Nice one more good music
Re: Exclusive Interview: My Parents Influence My Music Career – VEECII by Tinuke5050: 2:18pm On May 18, 2023
Ever8090:
I beg,..who him be?...which music him don sing...?
🤣🤣 go search for black energy on all digital platform and come back here lol

(1) (Reply)

Group Hails Gov.okezie Ikpeazu For Promises Kept- Odor Amarachi* / Unleash The Potential Of Your Retail Store With Hiopos: A Cloud-based POS System / Quick Action Debt Recovery In Dubai: Regaining Financial Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.