Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,296 members, 7,850,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:29 PM

NPF And The PTSD-traumatised Nigerian Citizens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NPF And The PTSD-traumatised Nigerian Citizens (168 Views)

DJ Switch: Clips From Lekki Toll Gate Yesterday Gave Me PTSD / We Were Humiliated, Traumatised — Sacked Osinbajo’s Aides / "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother" - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NPF And The PTSD-traumatised Nigerian Citizens by YoungWildFree: 5:28pm On May 16, 2023
saasala:
Its funny how hypocritical Nigerians are bashing Seun Kuti for the assault on the police man. You Nigerians, when will you have sense?

The Seun Kuti that should be celebrated as a national hero and have his giant statue placed at a strategic location in Abuja and Lagos for slapping a police man. The same police that have slapped you several times and abused you, lied on you and your sons and daughters, sent you to prison for something you know nothing about, abused you and turtute you. Beat you in the presence of your wife and children. The same police that will stop you on the road and throw igbo into your car and arrest you for it. Same police that will force you to open your phone, see your chat with your American

customer for a web design job and label you a Yahoo boy, then kill you while you were trying to prove your point.

You all come online to say "Can he try that in Europe or America" Are you nuts? how dare you say such nonsensical thing? Do American and Eurpean police men treat ordinary citizens like they do here in Nigeria?

One man out of the lot of you gathered the courage to slap some sense into the head of these mofos and you still come online to bash him. During endsars protests, youths came out en mass to burn police stations and murdered several police men and you hailed them as heroes but you are reprimanding Seun Kuti for slapping the same people. You bloody hypocrites.

Salute @Saasala.
Thanks for your introspection. The depth of your insight is outstanding. Thanks for the courage to speak your truth even though it is unpopular at the moment due to sentimental reasons.

For the Nigerian police, this should be a moment of reflection to change your evil and criminal ways of humiliating, bullying and demeaning innocent Nigerians. It is a teachable moment to change your ways and do better by the people- Seun kuti is the monster that you made.

I know the terrifying experience of NPF/police using their police van to violently bump my vehicle from the rear without provocation, damaging the vehicle in the process and putting the life of my entire family including my pregnant wife in danger. I was so shocked and shaken from narrowly escaping death for my entire family...

They drove away laughing at my misfortune and when I try to approach them, they corked their guns all the while taunting me, even though I did nothing to warrant such harrowing ordeal <believe me it was hell>. I felt so helpless and impotent as they drove away laughing at my misfortune and near death experience- a little bit of me died during he ordeal.

If not that, I have an overaching need to attend to my distressed pregnant wife, I would have have same confrontation with them. Given half the chance, I would have slap them too.

Now, I have PTSD and atavistic fear whenever I encounter them, even as a law abding citizen. Till date I do not have the courage to drive at night, especially, through police.check points.

BTW, it's just a matter of time, police breakfast be served again and again and everybody will chop breakfast.. and this post will be the "shebi I talk am"
I see videos of police brutality everyday on twitter. It's high time the police reflect on the monsters they made (and still making) before inviting unfortunate incidents, anarchy and chaos. It is just a matter of time.

Talmabout demoting violent criminal police officer without charging them to court to face justice. No handcuff, no mugshot, no court charges...
...in your beloved USA they do charge them to face the court of law, so don't bother me with the cliche poor American analogy.

Last Last,, everybody go.chop breakfast.

1 Like

Re: NPF And The PTSD-traumatised Nigerian Citizens by Jostoman: 5:31pm On May 16, 2023
I didnt want to put mouth for this matter before but the way police are going about the matter its seems they have been looking for a away to wicked Seun kuti even before the incident happen.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Middle Belt Lifes Matter / Lamidi Apapa Is A Distraction, I Urge Labour Party Supporters To Avoid Him / Transport Minister In Last-minute Move To Renew Intels’ Expired Contract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.