Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? (1131 Views)

Supporters, Security Agents Scramble For Souvenirs At Tinubu Swearing-In (Video) / Abuja Residents File A Law Suit To Stop Tinubu’s Swearing In On May 29 / May 29: Preparation In Top Gear At Eagle Square For Tinubu Swearing In (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by DyshApp: 8:30pm On May 16, 2023
It is only a few days away before Asiwaju Bola Tinubu's scheduled inauguration, and five citizens of the Federal Capital Territory, or FCT, Abuja, have petitioned the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court to stop the ceremony.

In the lawsuit with the file number FHC/ABJ/CS/578/2023, the plaintiffs requested a court order barring Justice Olukayode Ariwoola, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, from swearing in any candidates for the February 25 presidential election as President or Vice-President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria until the matter has been resolved in court with certainty or by the Constitution.

They further want a declaration that "the plaintiffs and other FCT residents have a legal interest and constitutional rights to be heard on the question of whether a President-elect must secure at least 25% of votes cast, on the first ballot, in the FCT, Abuja.

All the details available on Dyshu's webpage(link in Bio)

Come and be a part of our Politics Lounge, where we provide you with the most recent updates, predictions on sports and games, opportunities to learn, engage in discussions, and connect with like-minded individuals.🤝

Even with a court case still on trial and a lawsuit against him they still want to proceed with the Ceremony.

At this point will the ceremony still hold?
Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by Dikegodspower(m): 8:57pm On May 16, 2023
Yes
It will hold
Thank you

10 Likes

Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by Babaik: 9:05pm On May 16, 2023
Who wan stop am?
The swearing in is sacrosanct.
On Asiwaju Bola Tinubu we stand.

8 Likes

Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by Illegal1(m): 9:19pm On May 16, 2023
Omoh.......which kind yeye question be dis 1,na u wn stop am?

3 Likes

Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by Ttalk: 9:22pm On May 16, 2023
It won't hold in Biafraland but will definitely hold in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by kennybabs1980: 9:47pm On May 16, 2023
DyshApp:
It is only a few days away before Asiwaju Bola Tinubu's scheduled inauguration, and five citizens of the Federal Capital Territory, or FCT, Abuja, have petitioned the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court to stop the ceremony.

In the lawsuit with the file number FHC/ABJ/CS/578/2023, the plaintiffs requested a court order barring Justice Olukayode Ariwoola, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, from swearing in any candidates for the February 25 presidential election as President or Vice-President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria until the matter has been resolved in court with certainty or by the Constitution.

They further want a declaration that "the plaintiffs and other FCT residents have a legal interest and constitutional rights to be heard on the question of whether a President-elect must secure at least 25% of votes cast, on the first ballot, in the FCT, Abuja.

Come and be a part of our Politics Lounge, where we provide you with the most recent updates, predictions on sports and games, opportunities to learn, engage in discussions, and connect with like-minded individuals.🤝

Even with a court case still on trial and a lawsuit against him they still want to proceed with the Ceremony.

The way politics turn you guys to mumu dey make me fear sef, no, e no go hold, come and stop it, nonsence!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by Parachoko: 10:54pm On May 16, 2023
DyshApp:

Yes, it will hold. Accept Reality and safe yourself from HBP

6 Likes

Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by PoliticalUpdate(m): 6:14am On May 17, 2023
There are many ways it can be scuttled - at least history can repeat itself on the 29th.
Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by SalamRushdie: 6:24am On May 17, 2023
There is no single sign anywhere it wouldn't hold

4 Likes

Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by jconsulting(f): 6:53am On May 17, 2023
My own advise to you, try and use overdose of Valium 5 , on the 28 th May so that you can wake up on 30th May , that means for you inauguration did not hold on 29th

3 Likes

Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by Christistruth02: 6:55am On May 17, 2023
grin

Iragbiji have all gone with their Aso Ebi to Abuja for their Son Tinubu’s inauguration as President of Nigeria

They even carried their 100 year old Grandparents with them

It is only the goats and chickens left in Town

Tinubu’s Swearing is the Occassion of the year

You better go and get your Aso Ebi before the price goes through the roof

There will be mountains of Pounded yam and Egusi Soup to be demolished by eaters on the day

Even Ofe Owerri Soup will be there in Surplus

It will be a good idea to bring plenty of extra food Takeaway Containers with you

2 Likes

Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by DoTheNeedful: 6:56am On May 17, 2023
The argument about winning 25% in FCT is the most ridiculous of all the arguments being made by the opposition. It is funny that some senior lawyers who are obviously partisan are also making the argument.

The FCT is just a federating unit like any other state in Nigeria and it's like a 37th state. For people arguing about "AND", I suggest you read Schedule III of the Nigerian constitution which nobody is talking about. It clearly use the same "AND" for the distribution of police commissioners to the 36 states AND the FCT, appointment of commissioners to the National Population Commission from each of the 36 states AND the FCT, appointment of commissioners to the RMAFC from each of the 36 states AND the FCT, appointment of commissioners to INEC from each of the 36 states AND the FCT, appointment of representatives to the FCC from each of the 36 states and the FCT, etc. These are exactly in the same spirit with having 2/3 of the 36 states and the FCT.

In all the above cases, the FCT is clearly seen as a federating unit. As a result, it does not have a special status like some people like to make it, and it should be treated as a state.

I see the court throwing out the FCT case. The best bet for the opposition is to prove that the election was rigged sufficiently enough to change the outcome of the election.

2 Likes

Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by Christistruth02: 7:20am On May 17, 2023
DoTheNeedful:
The argument about winning 25% in FCT is the most ridiculous of all the arguments being made by the opposition. It is funny that some senior lawyers who are obviously partisan are also making the argument.

The FCT is just a federating unit like any other state in Nigeria and it's like a 37th state. For people arguing about "AND", I suggest you read Schedule III of the Nigerian constitution which nobody is talking about. It clearly use the same "AND" for the distribution of police commissioners to the 36 states AND the FCT, appointment of commissioners to the National Population Commission from each of the 36 states AND the FCT, appointment of commissioners to the RMAFC from each of the 36 states AND the FCT, appointment of commissioners to INEC from each of the 36 states AND the FCT etc. These are exactly in the same spirit with having 2/3 of the 36 states and the FCT.

In all the above cases, the FCT is clearly seen as a federating unit. As a result, it does not have a special status like some people like to make it, and it should be treated as a state.

I see the court throwing out the FCT case. The best bet for the opposition is to prove that the election was rigged sufficiently enough to change the outcome of the election.

They think they are still dealing with their Ancient Archaic Osu Caste System

They just don’t understand that Abuja and other Nigerian voters are all equal

It is like a mystery to them

They think Abuja voters are a Supreme Master Race that must Lord it over other Nigerians

and alone decide who is President

Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by Lifestone(m): 7:26am On May 17, 2023
DoTheNeedful:

The FCT is just a federating unit like any other state in Nigeria and it's like a 37th state. For people arguing about "AND", I suggest you read Schedule III of the Nigerian constitution which nobody is talking about. It clearly use the same "AND" for the distribution of police commissioners to the 36 states AND the FCT, appointment of commissioners to the National Population Commission from each of the 36 states AND the FCT, appointment of commissioners to the RMAFC from each of the 36 states AND the FCT, appointment of commissioners to INEC from each of the 36 states AND the FCT etc. These are exactly in the same spirit with having 2/3 of the 36 states and the FCT.

How do you address previous supreme court cases that have decided that 25% is needed in FCT
Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by seunmsg(m): 7:30am On May 17, 2023
Lifestone:

How do you address previous supreme court cases that have decided that 25% is needed in FCT

Can you mention just one of those cases with credible link?

3 Likes

Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by adekolaelect(m): 7:56am On May 17, 2023
The best answer is " the swearing in is sacrosanct , It will hold" you can only stop yourselves from witnessing it . Relocation is allowed or you give yourselves peace of mind by stop hating and bitterness to avoid HBP.
Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by Lifestone(m): 8:19am On May 17, 2023
seunmsg:

Can you mention just one of those cases with credible link?

Buhari Vs Obasanjo (2003) All NLR 168

Aside, you asking me questions that I'm looking for answers for, Wetin be this nau
Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by seunmsg(m): 8:24am On May 17, 2023
Lifestone:

Buhari Vs Obasanjo (2003) All NLR 168

Aside, you asking me questions that I'm looking for answers for, Wetin be this nau

No be so now. Post the extract of the judgement and a verifiable link where I can check to confirm.

1 Like

Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by Lifestone(m): 8:27am On May 17, 2023
seunmsg:

No be so now. Post the extract of the judgement and a verifiable link where I can check to confirm.
I will search. I have heard so much about such judgement and I was interested in anyone enlightening me, now you are compounding my wahala, wetin happen nao
Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by Peacemaker5129(f): 8:34am On May 17, 2023
IPob terrorists are in severe pain
Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by FieldMarshall06(m): 9:52am On May 17, 2023
Lifestone:

Smh. Some people sef.

You don't have to engage in this conversation. I don't know you but how many people do you see here arguing this. ONLY YOU. ONLY YOU. ONLY YOU.

Wise up bro. Stop being a dumbo. Avoid silly threads or posts.
Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by seunmsg(m): 10:23am On May 17, 2023
Lifestone:

I will search. I have heard so much about such judgement and I was interested in anyone enlightening me, now you are compounding my wahala, wetin happen nao

Search well but I assure you there is no such judgement anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by Mufasa27(m): 10:49am On May 17, 2023
I have never seen an intelligent obident, na all of them dey Jonze 🤡😂 from their papa Wey be Obi to the smallest. Bunch of fools lol
Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by lildush(m): 8:20pm On May 17, 2023
SalamRushdie:
There is no single sign anywhere it wouldn't hold

If Dere is signs Dere will be unrest.... Just wait n see . But I have seen. There will be power transmission but not to tinubu...
Re: Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold? by obi4eze(m): 8:46pm On May 17, 2023
Everyone will be gathered for the swearing-in of another person.

(1) (Reply)

How Nigerians Push Us Into Stealing* - Former Commissioner Speaks / Boi: Bill For Law To Regulate Igbo Apprenticeship System Passes Second Reading / Prize For Best African Leader----is It Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.