Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,028 members, 7,828,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG (27620 Views)

Osun APC, PDP In Verbal War Over Adeleke’s Religion, FG Palliatives / The Educational Backwardness Of Northern Nigeria Is Total And Complete / Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by fams22: 11:31am On May 17, 2023
EnEnPeecee:
The problem of Nigeria is northerners. The Muslim north

Yorubas are claimed to be the most educated but they have the most foolish human beings on earth. Their prefer to remain slaves forever.
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by AwkaFinest: 11:37am On May 17, 2023
mrvitalis:
How Igbos went from least educated to most educated tribe in Nigeria in 100 years despite the war should be studied by the north

1) how many community schools do you have in the north ?

2) what of religious funded schools ?

80% of the primary and secondary in the east is either community schools or church schools

If people can come together to build mosques ,market why any they build road

Mbaise people are presently planning to build community university funded by our people

There is no excuse for the north they just dont value education

This is how you guys insert the Igbos into every discussion unnecessarily.
Wetin concern Igbo and this thread now?
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by CSTRR: 11:39am On May 17, 2023
Who cares?

They don't care, so why should I?
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by gloryman91: 11:39am On May 17, 2023
ImpregnaTor:
Wonder how a sane, 21st century man will comfortable follow Islam.

All religion are outdated but Islam is still stuck in 1567 and too rigid, which is not suitable for a modern society

But you are dying upon getting Visa to UAE, Saudi Arabia and other developed Arabian Nations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by kayusely70(m): 11:41am On May 17, 2023
alpharoyalty:
Good talk.
In my honest opinion, the situation will not change until we introduce selection of people into government, military, schools and civil services based on merit and not quota system.
The quota system that they are enjoying is one of the reasons they don't take education serious.
For instance, majority of important civil services from custom, npc, nnpc are populated with unqualified and inept individuals and they have subsequently succeeded in collapsing those sectors of the country. Same thing with the military and governance.
I am yet to understand how Nigerians can entrust their country to illiterates.
I am also yet to understand why we will promote an individual in the military or civil service based on quota system and not competence.
Until we introduce merit, like in all progressive countries, Nigeria can never move forward
You've spoken very well and reasonably too! Until we change our constitution and adopt a progressive one, the country will remain backward!
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by Ykc2(m): 11:45am On May 17, 2023
sonature1:

They are talking about the north and you are bringing the Igbos into this.

Stop this needless comparison.

Nawa for una!
his only giving northerners advice what is bad there?
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by 4ward4: 11:48am On May 17, 2023
Lies Upon Lies, How was the first university founded by a Muslim.
Good to pass a message ,but not with Lies.
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by Macmoni(m): 11:51am On May 17, 2023
mrvitalis:

Only a tribalist would see my comments as tribalistic

North is in a situation ....that Igbos were n came out well what's wrong with telling north to follow such route ?
Mind you I’m not a northerner, you can’t twist the fact about your tribalism it’s vividly clear here, and don’t you think the igbos are more intellectual than the Hausas it’s a lie, the igbos are just like one third of the Hausa so many intellectual Hausa people if you check by statistics, you are only here to fluent your own as usual it is not the first time we see that everywhere my brother shun tribalism everything not a competition you can’t teach the north how to live their life’s if you feel you’re so educated why do you go to their lands to study ? Why not stay in your mbaise ?
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by Iceberg3: 11:53am On May 17, 2023
When PO said same thing,a certain stupid daughter of Atiku Abubakar said unprintable things against him,even some empty coneheaded structures applauded her... But their own person has spoken same thing and all of them are suddenly deaf and dumb....
Thunda faya all of them keeping this supposed prosperous country backwards

2 Likes

Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by Espelbengz(m): 11:56am On May 17, 2023
You argument is good but not valid since I sense tribalism in it, what if northerners gets it more even on merit? Most of u down south assume you southerners and christians are the most brilliant than northerners and Muslims, this is a wrong notion, agreed, let it be on merit!

alpharoyalty:
Good talk.
In my honest opinion, the situation will not change until we introduce selection of people into government, military, schools and civil services based on merit and not quota system.
The quota system that they are enjoying is one of the reasons they don't take education serious.
For instance, majority of important civil services from custom, npc, nnpc are populated with unqualified and inept individuals and they have subsequently succeeded in collapsing those sectors of the country. Same thing with the military and governance.
I am also yet to understand why we will promote an individual in the military or civil service based on quota system and not competence.
Until we introduce merit, like in all progressive countries, Nigeria can never move forward
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by adecz: 11:59am On May 17, 2023
First university in the world were
established by Muslim women, yet
Nigeria's & Taliban type of Islam discourages
education of females❗️❗️❗️😕😕😕
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 17, 2023
ImpregnaTor:

All religion are outdated but Islam is still stuck in 1567 and too rigid, which is not suitable for a modern society
have you been to Dubai? No city in America is more beautiful than dubai. Islam is not necessarily backward. Nigerians are backward. I can tell you now that kano looks more modern than ekiti state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by McKayConcept(m): 12:01pm On May 17, 2023
Start your grasscutter farming today and make huge money

Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by dondodo: 12:07pm On May 17, 2023
Obi is going to change this
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:10pm On May 17, 2023
Dyke15:
He's not far from the truth walahi.
I served in Sokoto and I will tell u the truth, even if this guys rule Nigeria for 100yrs to come, they will always remain backward. Their elites caged them with religion.
The way they scramble for leftovers or crumbs Left in any Corp members plate anytime we eat at the Mami market, u will pity for that region.
I mean grown up galz and guys of about 14/15 yrs o

No pity them

Pray that you do not meet any of their religious riot!

you will see how inhuman these small boys are
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by Dyke15(m): 12:24pm On May 17, 2023
MondayOsunbor:

No pity them

Pray that you do not meet any of their religious riot!

you will see how inhuman these small boys are
Me wey don leave their State for them
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by mrvitalis(m): 12:28pm On May 17, 2023
Macmoni:

Mind you I’m not a northerner, you can’t twist the fact about your tribalism it’s vividly clear here, and don’t you think the igbos are more intellectual than the Hausas it’s a lie, the igbos are just like one third of the Hausa so many intellectual Hausa people if you check by statistics, you are only here to fluent your own as usual it is not the first time we see that everywhere my brother shun tribalism everything not a competition you can’t teach the north how to live their life’s if you feel you’re so educated why do you go to their lands to study ? Why not stay in your mbaise ?
I said Igbos used to be least Educated in the 1900 which is a fact which is similar to what north is facing now

Then I went on to explain how Igbos moves from least educated to most educated in 100 years and how north can learn from that

But nah all your tribalistic mindset see is an mbaise man bragging smh
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by eteebanky1: 12:33pm On May 17, 2023
Someone need to talk some senses into them

You'll always see them with babies, babies they can't take care of........

They need to stop all this please
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by alasane: 12:39pm On May 17, 2023
alpharoyalty:
Good talk.

Same you want a rotational presidency.
Without Quota System Adamawa State candidates
can beat any other state in the first obstacles of
3.2km race for all military recruitment exercises.
More so your state candidates will tend to japa with
little opportunity whereas the North will patiently endured

Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by babajero(m): 12:47pm On May 17, 2023
sonature1:

They are talking about the north and you are bringing the Igbos into this.

Stop this needless comparison.

Nawa for una!
For your information it is because there is no healthy comparison and competition that is why Nigeria is a shithole today,
in the olden days when there was regional government it was comparison and competition that brought notable developments, eg education,
but now when there is no comparison and competition Nigeria has gone to the dogs where everyone is looking for who will steal more instead of developing.
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by toprealman: 12:49pm On May 17, 2023
Don't blame religion. The politicians are 100% responsible.
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by irumanle(m): 12:50pm On May 17, 2023
Mr Minister why didn't you said this 7yrs+ ago?
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by Fearyourcreator: 12:53pm On May 17, 2023
EnEnPeecee:
The problem of Nigeria is northerners. The Muslim north
Ode
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by arsenal33: 1:03pm On May 17, 2023
ImpregnaTor:

Dubai and Qatar practice Christianity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by blahc007: 1:07pm On May 17, 2023
mrvitalis:
How Igbos went from least educated to most educated tribe in Nigeria in 100 years despite the war should be studied by the north

1) how many community schools do you have in the north ?

2) what of religious funded schools ?

80% of the primary and secondary in the east is either community schools or church schools

If people can come together to build mosques ,market why any they build road

Mbaise people are presently planning to build community university funded by our people

There is no excuse for the north they just dont value education
Iwu onye Uzo Ulo?
Udo dikwara gi nnam
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by Boystainless: 1:07pm On May 17, 2023
This is another ploy to deceive the south into believing that the north is educational disadvantaged area. This will enable them appropriate and attract more development to their region.
Sir, all of us are backward educationally. There must be eveness in what we do in this country
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by uvie66: 1:09pm On May 17, 2023
alpharoyalty:
Good talk.
well put.... look at how the entertainment industry have put Nigeria on the world map and this is based on merit dominated by indigenes from the south. Do we need anymore proof of how meritocracy pays off.
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by Carthaporo: 1:26pm On May 17, 2023
tau kaji buhari ya saki sabuwa
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by thugthang(m): 1:31pm On May 17, 2023
ImpregnaTor:

I think the word OUTDATED has another meaning in your dictionary
Re: Northerners Imposed Educational Backwardness On Themselves Due To Religion –FG by Gospel2Day: 2:07pm On May 17, 2023
[quote author=Monzze post=123178567]Northerners don't care about education

They just want to be at the helm of government with little or no knowledge about how government works.

You're correct.
Islam is a political religion.
It seeks domination, and uses state instruments to establish and enforce its dominance over others.
It is the global agenda of the religion of bigotry, barbarism, bloodshed and bombing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dokpesi Launches PDP Chairmanship Campaign / Breakdown Of Budget 2018 Proposal / Governor Makinde Commissions 100 Security Vehicles To Improve Security In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.