Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,744 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? (9794 Views)

Points to note before sending out your CV to a recruiter / Interview Etiquette 101: My Personal Experience As A Recruiter / How To Identify A Good Recruiter From A Fake/mediocre One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by lavylilly: 7:08am On May 17, 2023
This is how to identify fake recruiters on social media. ⛔️

As we progress into this new week, I want to take a moment to acknowledge that I understand how challenging the job search process can be.

I completely understand that it takes a lot of courage and determination to put yourself out there and pursue your dream career, and I want to celebrate you for that. 👏

Unfortunately, scammers are working tirelessly to take advantage of unsuspecting job seekers with fake openings here and there. ☹️

They are becoming more sophisticated in their techniques, making it harder to tell the difference between a legitimate job posting and a fraudulent one. 🤔

But don't worry, here are some tips to stay safe and protect yourself from these scams:

📍Firstly, pay close attention to the job description itself.

If the post seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Look out for offers of high salaries with minimal qualifications or experience required.

📍Next, research the company offering the job.

This is where a lot of people miss it, probably due to overexcitement or just laziness.

Don’t do that to yourself.

Take the time to do a little more research:

✅ Is it a well-known and reputable organization, or a lesser-known business with little online presence?

If it's the latter, then you should proceed with caution.

📍Finally, be very cautious of any job posting that requires you to provide personal information upfront, such as your exact residential address, bank account details, or other sensitive data.

No legitimate employer will ask for this information until after they've made a job offer (and you have accepted it).

Like I mentioned, I really understand that the job search process can be overwhelming, but by staying vigilant and doing your own diligent research, you can avoid falling victim to fake job postings here.

I pray that this week brings you that “Congratulations” on your dream job.

Have you had any experience with a fake recruiter on social media?

Kindly share in the comments.
Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by MykellOni(m): 11:59am On May 17, 2023
For me, never! I find it strange that I never sourced for job online tho. But you see that thing called “marketing”, it showed me shege... almost got used for ritual self

8 Likes

Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by Honourable1901(m): 11:59am On May 17, 2023
Bode one albino at GNLD, grin grin grin, crazy modafucker, their boss name is morankinyo, at bisi ogabi street , ikeja ..

Bunch of jokers grin cheesy cheesy cheesy, if I catch any of them on street

10 Likes

Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by Shick(m): 12:00pm On May 17, 2023
We redeemed gift cards and other digital assets at sweet rates.

We Are tested and trusted..

Check flyer below for our details..

Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by xpressionx(m): 12:00pm On May 17, 2023
There is this group that took over from GNLD,they are called LA BUENA VIDA.

Posting white cars and wearing white clothes.
They will download videos of people enjoying in Maldives claiming it is their group.

The difference is they don't recruit people wey no get money.
Their target is people who have source of income so they milk you and turn you to GNLD agent hunting for people to come and join.

20 Likes

Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by safarilove(m): 12:00pm On May 17, 2023
yes, one at Ikotun telling me to pay #500k in order to get an affiliate marketing job. Me wey no get shishi, I ran for my dear life!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by eddynaira125: 12:01pm On May 17, 2023
Anybody that pass through NYSC most be victim of this shit, most especially if the person still maintain the Original sim sim use all throughout the service year

The guy will call you claiming his uncle is this and that in SHELL and will end up scamming you

I don't have problem with the scammer, but my only issue is, who is providing those vital and sensitive information to him, the ICT department of NYSC is compromise, and it need and overhauling.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by Freelancerr(m): 12:01pm On May 17, 2023
Them manny for LinkedIn.

Kindly check my signature.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by marlow1962(m): 12:03pm On May 17, 2023
Dem bulky here self
Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by astonished: 12:06pm On May 17, 2023
Am still shocked to know that these people still exist, in this 21st century - 2023. cause a girl just recently told me one, how she saw job vacancies online and apply for it, then invited for interview, only to find herself in all these GNLD hall seminar with motivational speaker talking rubbish to large number of people, they were asked to bring money & she got furious, though she was a novice about these useless people and their tactics.

I have to tell her how they are doing their fraud, and how long the things is being in existence and how lots of Nigerian has gone through them, they are just like NYSC.

But I was shock that up till now this people are still in existence and nothing is being done about them, no one is calling them out, no govt agency is dealing with them,

No group of youth in Nigeria targeted this people in their whereabouts and give them jungle justice

4 Likes

Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by wethebest(m): 12:06pm On May 17, 2023
Hustle , learn digital skills nd render services. Frm dere open a business. las las ur children can neva inherit ur job no matter the amount u re being paid. I hate job hunting. Yuck 🤮🤮

1 Like

Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by dondodo: 12:07pm On May 17, 2023
Do u believe that O I is coming?
Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 17, 2023
angry
Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by Pickmycall: 12:09pm On May 17, 2023
Them plenty for nairaland
Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by wisdomkid: 12:13pm On May 17, 2023
Yes, those guys plenty wella. They even dey speak big big english on top taking people's money oh.

Most of these wereys are offering Canada permanent visas and e dey shock me say their salary no reach 100k monthly.
Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by Tunasco4u(m): 12:18pm On May 17, 2023
Ok
Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by Adeolaeniola(m): 12:19pm On May 17, 2023
Dear Applicant,

Application Recieved,
You have an opportunity for an INTERVIEW as a P.A/B.D.S at EXCELA GLOBAL Ltd. on Friday 19th May by 8:00AM.

Our recruitment office is at:No 36,Beside Nationwide Filling station,Yaya Abatan Rd,Ogba, Lagos.

Hr Dep't
Ref:IMR/200.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Just dey enter now

3 Likes

Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by ipobarecriminals: 12:20pm On May 17, 2023
sad
Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by astonished: 12:22pm On May 17, 2023
Honourable1901:
Bode one albino at GNLD, grin grin grin, crazy modafucker, their boss name is morankinyo, at bisi ogabi street , ikeja ..

Bunch of jokers grin cheesy cheesy cheesy, if I catch any of them on street

Those people deserve attack and giving jungle justice, almost all Nigeria youth are victim of all this GNLD,
Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by Kingpele(m): 12:22pm On May 17, 2023
Self employed till death
Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by Enskynelson(m): 12:27pm On May 17, 2023
Job scam is not just a thing of online or social media alone. There are job scams too even offline. Job scams are not perpetrated by individuals but also by governments. I will give these instances to buttress my point:

In 2016, I saw an advert in the Kogi State Government-owned Graphics Newspaper. It was vacancies in the State-owned Fertilizer Company located at Agbeji very close to Anyigba. The advert said the Fertilizer Company was said to have been given to a private company and was now renamed Emerald Fertilizer Company. I applied and was invited for the aptitude test which I passed. I was invited for the medicals and they forced us to do medical in their affiliated make-shift lab. The number of persons were massive and they cashed out. I was invited for the interview which I did as well. Now, since 2016 till the last time I checked, 2019, the company was not working, nothing was happening there.

The second one is by Kaduna State Government. My brother applied for a job in their State Civil Service job. He was very qualified was invited for aptitude tests online. He was qualified for the first, was invited for the second. He did and was successful. He was also invited for written exams and he had to travel all the way to Kaduna. He did and was successful, after that came the pandemic and the Governor suspended everything. After the pandemic was over, instead of continuing from where they stopped, they started advertising a fresh.

Kogi State Teaching Service advertised vacancies late last year. The requirements were high, you must be registered with TRCN. Some of my friends applied and followed through the rigorous process and we're employed. It's been several months now, they are just there, no posting, nothing aside once in a while they are made to go and submit things from one office to the other...

Imagine government advertising vacancies they have already chosen their people for the positions. They allow people to waste their resources and time applying for such jobs. What a scam!

The biggest of job scams is to employ someone, he is working and the worker is owed his salaries. Some States in the country often count 2, 3, 4, 5 and more months of owed salaries.

In conclusion, the government is the grand master of jobs scams in Nigeria.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by Father4all: 12:28pm On May 17, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=123182786][/quote]the reasons you gave are not convincing enough. You do not mention text messages without company heading, you did not mention If the company can't be verified online etc
Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by ipobarecriminals: 12:29pm On May 17, 2023
grin Check ur NYSC year book where y'all wrote down ur name, full address /phone number. Nah ur ex kopa dey behind this. Only the FOOL go fall for that
eddynaira125:
Anybody that pass through NYSC most be victim of this shit, most especially if the person still maintain the Original sim sim use all throughout the service year

The guy will call you claiming his uncle is this and that in SHELL and will end up scamming you

I don't have problem with the scammer, but my only issue is, who is providing those vital and sensitive information to him, the ICT department of NYSC is compromise, and it need and overhauling.

1 Like

Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by esemes256: 12:31pm On May 17, 2023
For me, the fake recruiters are the ones that reach out to you on LinkedIn and after you respond, you don't hear ANYTHING from them again.
No feedback at all, just dead silence.
Sad to say, 99% of recruiters are like that.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by Movic419: 12:35pm On May 17, 2023
Dear Yunusa,
You've been invited for an INTERVIEW with EXCELA GLOBAL VENTURE for Personal Assistant(B.D.S)
Date:Friday 19th, May 2023 by 8:00AM @ 36 Yaya Abatan Road, beside Nationwide filling station, Ogba, Lagos.

Regards,
HR UNIT
Ref:RK/021T
Enter around 12

1 Like

Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by eddynaira125: 12:39pm On May 17, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
grin Check ur NYSC year book where y'all wrote down ur name, full address /phone number. Nah ur ex kopa dey behind this. Only the FOOL go fall for that

I so much believe that book don't cover date of birth, so explain to me, how he obtain the date of birth
Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by Lemmy123(m): 12:42pm On May 17, 2023
Wetin tire person pass to dey find job no dey...

You fit begin speak in tongues sef
Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by timagentms: 12:46pm On May 17, 2023
I came across them on LinkedIn, they are many there. LinkedIn is not as how it be before. It is now porous just like just like Nairaland
Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by Alaga2222(m): 12:48pm On May 17, 2023
Adeolaeniola:
Dear Applicant,

Application Recieved,
You have an opportunity for an INTERVIEW as a P.A/B.D.S at EXCELA GLOBAL Ltd. on Friday 19th May by 8:00AM.

Our recruitment office is at:No 36,Beside Nationwide Filling station,Yaya Abatan Rd,Ogba, Lagos.

Hr Dep't
Ref:IMR/200.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Just dey enter now

Dem plenty ooo they even send it to me today
Re: Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? by ipobarecriminals: 12:49pm On May 17, 2023
eddynaira125:

I so much believe that book don't cover date of birth, so explain to me, how he obtain the date of birth
.Believe it/not.If dey dnt use NYSC book, then the culprit are from those peeps that do MTN etc registration

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pricewaterhousecooper (PWC) Latest Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / This Is Dangote Refinery...look How We Working Nah / Access Bank Recruitment Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.