Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,698 members, 7,820,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West (9489 Views)

Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] / Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Ovularia: 2:59am On Sep 27, 2011
Tinubu’s trial is an embarrassment to Nigeria, says David-West

By Bisi Oladele 7 hours 55 minutes ago

Former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Prof. Tam David-West, has described the ongoing trial of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by the Code of Conduct Bureau as an embarrassment to the nation.
He said it shows that Nigerian politics is still "primitive, very vindictive and satanic."
Condemning the trial in an interview with our correspondent in Ibadan on Monday, the university don called on Nigerians to rise up in support of the former governor of Lagos State the same way they condemned the sack of Justice Ayo Salami.
David-West said it is not Tinubu that is on trial but Nigeria, adding that the trial is a political persecution.
He said: "What is happening to Tinubu embarrasses any Nigerian who loves Nigeria. Tinubu and I are not in the same political camp but what they are doing to him is a political persecution and I completely condemn it. Who is on trial is not Tinubu but Nigeria. It shows that our politics is primitive, very vindictive and so satanic. If Tinubu as governor made mistakes, why didn't they bring it out before now? He was there for eight years. It is so silly and silly to try him 12 years after allegedly commited the offence. Why didn't they use it to disqualify him when he was re-contesting? It is political. They are embarrassing themselves and Nigeria, not Tinubu.
"Nigerians should rise up against the trial. They should give Tinubu the same solidarity they gave Justice Salami. Jonathan knows about it," he added.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/20921-tinubu%E2%80%99s-trial-is-an-embarrassment-to-nigeria,-says-david-west.html
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by lagcity(m): 3:08am On Sep 27, 2011
they'll only succeed in strengthening the opposition. this will backfire for PDP becos ppl now know they can't be trusted with power.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by EkoIle1: 3:10am On Sep 27, 2011
Why even bother? Let Odechukwu keep digging his own grave.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Nobody: 3:13am On Sep 27, 2011
silently watching.

Is this a way for PDP to gain foot again?

Anywaz, it doesnt matter how long ago the offense took place, if something incriminating has been done, it needs to be address. If Tinubu is innocent, he'll be vindicated. However, if we're trying to use time-line as an excuse, that won't fly.

As for PDP. . . . 6ft deep. OBJ has already drugged 5.5ft for them.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by adconline(m): 3:23am On Sep 27, 2011
david west is for corruption then! So trials of Lucky Igbinedion, James Ibori, Chimaroke Nnamani and Co are/were bad for Nigeria? Stupid political jobber is talking again!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by EkoIle1: 3:25am On Sep 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

silently watching.

Is this a way for PDP to gain foot again?

Anywaz, it doesnt matter how long ago the offense took place, if something incriminating has been done, it needs to be address. If Tinubu is innocent, he'll be vindicated. However, if we're trying to use time-line as an excuse, that won't fly.

As for PDP. . . . 6ft deep. OBJ has already drugged 5.5ft for them.

How many politically lynched people in Nigeria got vindicated?

Was Awolowo vindicated?

Was Abiola vindicated?

The fact that he's guilty or innocent is irrelevant, this is about the obvious motive as stated by Mr West.

These silly trials are not staged to vindicate you, they are designed to deny you, kill you or put you away.

This is part of the sad history of your country.

You sound so naive, Surprisingly that it is.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by RoadStar: 4:38am On Sep 27, 2011
adconline:

david west is for corruption then! So trials of Lucky Igbinedion, James Ibori, Chimaroke Nnamani and Co are/were  bad for Nigeria? silly political jobber is talking again!
Our learned proffessor is an embarassment to Nigeria.

What has the sack of a judge got to do with a man asked to come an clear his name in court ?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by RoadStar: 4:40am On Sep 27, 2011
Eko Ile:

How many politically lynched people in Nigeria got vindicated?

Was Awolowo vindicated?

Was Abiola vindicated?

The fact that he's guilty or innocent is irrelevant, this is about the obvious motive as stated by Mr West.

These silly trials are not staged to vindicate you, they are designed to deny you, kill you or put you away.

This is part of the sad history of your country.

You sound so naive, Surprisingly that it is.

You are beginning to sound like Bode George. grin grin
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Desola(f): 6:56am On Sep 27, 2011
I don't just see this as an attack by the PDP but in particular, I see it as an attck by the Jonasatan government to checkmate the Yoruba nation. You just have to look at his cabinet to obtain the answer.

Yorubas shouldn't see this as the process of justice, but a ploy to cripple us. When the head has been cut, what is left of the body? They keep killing our leaders and we wait and look on - but for how long?

Tinubu might be a rogue but he is a very necessary rogue at this time and we as a nation (Yoruba) need to rally around him. This man is great; they see it, he is the only one who can rise up to them for now and we have to protect him.

Where is Abiola today? Where is Bola Ige? Adesanya nko? Must we continue to siddon look while they turn us into a nation without leaders and direction like our neighbours?

Yoruba ronu o.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Akanbiedu(m): 8:47am On Sep 27, 2011
This is a fight against the opposition, not Yoruba. And Tinubu is not a rogue.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by hrhjnr(m): 9:12am On Sep 27, 2011
dis foolish and satanic PDP led government see Tinubu as a very big treat that's y they want to silence him because from the last general election it can be seen that ACN is slowly taking over Nigeria with Tinubu at helm of affairs,

I'm not saying he is innocent of the crime but am saying is that if it is not politically motivated, y now? He left power in 07 abi no one said anything, Nigerians easily eat up anything they r fed with, SMH for this damn country.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Godmann(m): 9:14am On Sep 27, 2011
Gentlemen, Tinubu is a rogue. there is no doubt about that.

But then, Jonathan and co in PDP has become a bigger roque.

The truth may be bitter but that is my position.

They are out to rubbish Tinubu in order to silence him. All Nigerian politicians committed same offence that Tinubu is being prosecuted for.

Let "Fake Messiah Jona Jona" start from himself and his Mama of a wife.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by kele1975(m): 9:19am On Sep 27, 2011
We should not been tribalist in our arguement.let the law decide.we are all aware of the looting done by our governors they need to be checked to stop these acts.if he is innocent he will walk free but if not let him pay the price.Alot of high political officer are in trial and no one is bigger than the other.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by cicero(m): 9:24am On Sep 27, 2011
The question is does this man have dozens of accounts in violation of code of conduct for political office holders, not whether he is a member of PDP, ACN or AIDS.
Whether his trial is politically motivated or not, let him be given fair trial and be jailed fairly.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 27, 2011
Where is Bank"ole"? If he is immune to the Judicial system, Then i can steal 1trillion and get myself connected to our King and High chief of stealers, money launders association "Obasanjo" and get myself cleared.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Delafruita(m): 9:37am On Sep 27, 2011
@adconline

the trials ob ibori,nnamani et al are of a different calibre.they were tried for corruption whereas tinubu is been tried for owning account.

@roadstar

what is he clearing hin name from?the CCB has not accused him of corruption,it simply said it violated a code by owning foreign accounts.to put the records straight,asiwaju has owned those accounts for more than 20 years.was he expected to liquidate all his asstes because he became governor?by the way,he declared those accounts when he declared his asstes so why the hullaballo about it.

@cicero

the problem with this trial is that it is politically motivated.why is it at this time the CCB is just realising asiwaju owned foreign accounts while he was governor?why did they have to amend the charge on the day court was supposed to sit?
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Delafruita(m): 9:54am On Sep 27, 2011
@all

this trial is just a waste of taxpayers money.for starters,the cummulative amount in all the accounts is about £31000.£10000 is in his wife's account,£1700 in his daughter's account.there have been no fresh deposits in the accounts since 1999 when asiwaju became govenor and the accounts have since become dormant.so what exactly is the crime here?
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 27, 2011
I'm surprised at the responses I have read so far. I just don't get it , if he was not put on trial 12 years ago while he was in power he shouldn't be put on trial now , claiming it is long gone. What if there was no evidence against him then ( assuming he covered his tracks ) and new evidence shows he is guilty of the crimes being levelled against him , so he should not be tried.
For my kinsmen who think this is a tribal thing I only have one thing to say to you - get your mind out the gutter it has been dwelling. I'm Yoruba and I would never choose tribe over justice. If truly he his innocent it would be revealed and if not he should serve the maximum term for whatever crime he has committed. SMFH at the kind of people we breed now

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Desola(f): 10:10am On Sep 27, 2011
apocalypse:

I'm surprised at the responses I have read so far. I just don't get it , if he was not put on trial 12 years ago while he was in power he shouldn't be put on trial now , claiming it is long gone. What if there was no evidence against him then ( assuming he covered his tracks ) and new evidence shows he is guilty of the crimes being levelled against him , so he should not be tried.
For my kinsmen who think this is a tribal thing I only have one thing to say to you - get your mind out the gutter it has been dwelling. I'm Yoruba and I would never choose tribe over justice. If truly he his innocent it would be revealed and if not he should serve the maximum term for whatever crime he has committed. SMFH at the kind of people we breed now

You need to shut your shiatsu hole! When have justice ever being rendered in Nigeria? This is all a political ploy to score points and not about due justice, it's about t.it for tat!

Nincompoop!!
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by cicero(m): 10:19am On Sep 27, 2011
@Delafruita
We all know how this things happen here, so the chances that it is politically motivated is very high, it is also possible some individual offended by the man's wealth or has issues with him may be fueling it, But I am saying did he violate any law?
We know that all of them are corrupt but if their witch-hunting each other will expose corruption for what it is in Nigeria, then let it go on.
So did he commit?
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by dumodust(m): 10:31am On Sep 27, 2011
Desola:

You need to shut your shiatsu hole! When have justice ever being rendered in Nigeria? This is all a political ploy to score points and not about due justice, it's about t.it for tat!

Nincompoop!!

Na wa for you desola or rather 'desolate'. For a female, you're extremely vicious. The guy just expressed a sincere opinion. Is tinubu your uncle? Haba, the way you guys insult yourselves in an anonymous forum, I wonder how it will be in real life. I reiterate his statement, whether it's for political points or not, if the man is guilty of crime, let him face it alone!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by LagosBoi2(m): 10:36am On Sep 27, 2011
PDP is just looking for a way to get hold of Tinubu before the next elections, They will not be able to hold him down like Buhari, He will provide the best Candidate for the presidency. They will not be able to bring him down.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Xfactoria: 10:50am On Sep 27, 2011
Damn! Is it that our sense of values in Nigeria has been so perverted Or maybe, I don't get what many of you folks are saying here. So members of the opposition can go on sinning and the ruling party controlled government should turn a blind eye just so it is not tagged "persecution"

Besides. when did Tam David-West who has not hidden the fact that he is so pained that GEJ has ignored him since he assumed power, now be a righteous crusader? The same "weird, insane Tam David-West" of the Abacha regime as the UCH community know him to be??

The questions we should be asking is: Is Tinubu culpable in all the charges levelled against him?

I am a Yoruba man, but I will never support a rogue, drug baron and looter like Tinubu. Never!!! He should go and clear his damn name abeg!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by werepeLeri: 10:53am On Sep 27, 2011
I can now conclude that the Professor is high on weeds.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Xfactoria: 11:03am On Sep 27, 2011
Delafruita:

@adconline

the trials ob ibori,nnamani et al are of a different calibre.they were tried for corruption whereas tinubu is been tried for owning account.

Oh really? Is that your own definition of corruption? Falsification of assets declared - Perjury is not a form of corruption to you?

Ok then, Bode George was not jailed for corruption but splitting of contracts which is a breach of procedure and code of conduct for public office holders. The same code of conduct that Tinubu breached.

Tinubu is not being tried for owning accounts alone while he was Governor, he is also being tried for not declaring them as assets and that also constitutes a breach of code of conduct for elected public officers notwithstanding whether he operated the accounts for the years he was Governor or not.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 27, 2011
@ desolate
It is you who needs to her trap , you are a disgrace to humanity and I can only hope your reasoning improves beyond the level it has attained. If Tinubu is clean all charges levelled against him won't hold and would be set free. I consider myself human first , african next , nigerian then Yoruba and not the other way round.

I hope the world rids itself of people of your sort.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by TenKobo1: 11:19am On Sep 27, 2011
I was about to register my disappointment with Tam David West for this comment, then i remember it's Nigeria elites we are talking about, a band notorious for ass licking and political jobbing. David West should have called for the dissolution of the EFCC and the stoppage of every case of corruption in the country. For those who are defending Tinubu as a victim of the government, all i can tell you is to sit down and think.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Desola(f): 11:35am On Sep 27, 2011
apocalypse:

@ desolate
It is you who needs to her trap , you are a disgrace to humanity and I can only hope your reasoning improves beyond the level it has attained. If Tinubu is clean all charges levelled against him won't hold and would be set free. I consider myself human first , african next , nigerian then Yoruba and not the other way round.

I hope the world rids itself of people of your sort.

Oloshi afofungbemu apounda jatijati.

Good for you that you're Nigerian. I didn't get the memo before now, eranko lasan ikeji aja!

Tinubu is certainly not a saint and in a country with credible judicial system, he would most likely do time for his crime but everyone knows(except you animal of course) that this isn't about justice or punishment for crime but a cunning way for the PDP and jonasatan to checkmate their strongest opponent! This is about vendetta and the evil will to hold on to power by force!

Let those who are clean cast the first stone. Those who are persecuting Tinubu today are not any better than him, they are one and the same.

Their aim is to decapitate the head of the Yoruba political order to leave it vulnerable for vultures (ie PDP and the enemies of Yoruba) to feast on. Tinubu knows this and he's fighting against this and as bad as he might be, he is a necessary evil for now.

Omo ale t'oun fowo osi juwe ile baba e.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Xfactoria: 11:54am On Sep 27, 2011
Desola:

Oloshi afofungbemu apounda jatijati.

Good for you that you're Nigerian. I didn't get the memo before now, eranko lasan ikeji aja!

Tinubu is certainly not a saint and in a country with credible judicial system, he would most likely do time for his crime but everyone knows(except you animal of course) that this isn't about justice or penalty for crime but a cunning way for the PDP and jonasatan to checkmate their strongest opponent! This is about vendetta and the evil will to hold on to power by force!

Let those who are clean cast the first stone. Those who are persecuting Tinubu today are not any better than him, they are one and the same.

Their aim is to decapitate the head of the Yoruba political order to leave it vulnerable for vultures (ie PDP and the enemies of Yoruba) to feast on. Tinubu knows this and he's fighting against this and as bad as he might be, he is a necessary evil for now.

Omo ale t'oun fowo osi juwe ile baba e.

This is very very un-Yoruba!!! You lack good home training!

Don't even try to curse me because everything you say will come back to you.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Kennyblues(m): 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2011
My question to the tribunal is why Tinubu? between 1999 and 2007, we had well over 37 state governors which i want to believe each and everyone of them would have operated foreign accounts.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by cicero(m): 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2011
Tam David West is just looking for some little publicity at least to let us know he is still around.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by VUVUZELA10: 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2011
This Professor sef. Must Tam David-West talk on all matters? Sometimes old age has a way of inverting the thinking of some persons. How on earth will this so called Professor David-West continuously support corrupt elements. It is sad. All evil men and their supporters days are numbered in this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Crisis Will Be Over Next Week- Makarfi / Vote Buying: Osun Traditionalists To Administer Oath On Members / Court Strikes Out Emefiele Brothers’ Suits Against AGF, DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.