Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report (16487 Views)

Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States / 21 Facts About Dangote Refinery To Be Commissioned Today / Shoprite Concludes Sale Of Its Equity Stake (100%) In Its Nigeria Subsidiary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by IbeOkehie: 5:53pm On May 17, 2023
xperiencelove:

Sometimes, many people like you think you are slandering the country intentionally with you fake stat like one presidential candidate in the just concluded general election but in the real sense of it, you are destroying yourself and your generation because all of you are part of who made up Nigeria!

As at today in Ghana, minimum price of cement is an equivalent of $8.30. You can do the maths yourself if you wish.

Lagos alone can boast of over $120B GDP while the entire Ghana has a paltry $66B GDP in 2023.

Oh, I forgot having a logical argument online is such a waste of time.

You have a point, but since you're talking logic, I trust you know that the ban on cement importation in Nigeria is an incentive for higher prices. I've read plenty of economic analysis that suggests that Nigeria has the highest cement costs in the world. That's a problem, but at least the cement is available to buy. Back in before the privatization of the cement industry there used to be scarcity just like petrol scarcity and scarcity of university education (ASUU strikes).

The truth is that Dangote Refinery solves NOTHING unless the government commits to full liberalization of the energy industry...privatization, deregulation of prices and also allows free trade, including importation.

Thanks.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by ednut1(m): 5:54pm On May 17, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Thanks.

Sometimes you wonder why so many Nigerians are so uninformed about basic economics. It's befuddling.

And when you try to correct them, the next thing is they will shout "do you know who I am" or "why are you insulting me".

Nigeria and its people have a looooong way to go.

Tufiakwa!
a wreckless people who have children indiscriminately till we reach 200m. Want to enjoy subsidy like the arabs who are less than 10m lol
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by KaptainAfrika: 5:55pm On May 17, 2023
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by whizzler: 5:58pm On May 17, 2023
ACRI:
At exorbitant cost to the Nigerian people

Am not too exited about this refinery because of the monopoly it represents
The Monopoly if not checked will still impoverish Nigerians. One begins to wonder what the Buhari government is doing. An individual built a refinery from scratch within the life of the Buhari administration yet he could not resuscitate even one of our existing plants
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by Staphylococcus: 6:04pm On May 17, 2023
TsbAfrica:
A brilliant mind that man called dangote... He was able to circumvent the snares of the vagina people. That is why he keeps waxing strong .

When those lots hate you, you are bound to succeed. Buhari and Asiwaju can share their testimonies.

One they support you, you are doomed! Peter, Jonathan and Atiku will have great testimonies to share.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by Staphylococcus: 6:07pm On May 17, 2023
whizzler:

The Monopoly if not checked will still impoverish Nigerians. One begins to wonder what the Buhari government is doing. An individual built a refinery from scratch within the life of the Buhari administration yet he could not resuscitate even one of our existing plants

Was Dangote the only one issued a license to build a refinery?

Y’all just be shouting monopoly but won’t be able to point it out.

With the whole self acclaimed billionaires in South East, none has been able to build a refinery or port. But here you are today, abusing a man who is putting-in his best.

Tell your kinsmen to compete with Dangote if they are fit
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by whizzler: 6:09pm On May 17, 2023
gare:

At what price would he be selling since he is not transporting the fuel from abroad.
Very important question. Even the cost of selling crude oil to him should be reduced because they are not equally transporting it across the high seas
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by Staphylococcus: 6:10pm On May 17, 2023
IbeOkehie:

You have a point, but since you're talking logic, I trust you know that the ban on cement importation in Nigeria is an incentive for higher prices. I've read plenty of economic analysis that suggests that Nigeria has the highest cement costs in the world. That's a problem, but at least the cement is available to buy. Back in before the privatization of the cement industry there used to be scarcity just like petrol scarcity and scarcity of university education (ASUU strikes).

The truth is that Dangote Refinery solves NOTHING unless the government commits to full liberalization of the energy industry...privatization, deregulation of prices and also allows free trade, including importation.

Thanks.

Dangote refinery solves nothing?

Smh…..
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by whizzler: 6:18pm On May 17, 2023
Staphylococcus:

Was Dangote the only one issued a license to build a refinery?

Y’all just be shouting monopoly but won’t be able to point it out.

With the whole self acclaimed billionaires in South East, none has been able to build a refinery or port. But here you are today, abusing a man who is putting-in his best.

Tell your kinsmen to compete with Dangote if they are fit

Bro calm down and reason this logically. Am happy and I won't abuse him for even if it's monopoly he is in business to make profit. But as Nigerians we need to be objective. Cement are costly despite our hope when he got into the cement production business. Even sugar. Our concerns are genuine, firstly they should remove the cost of transportation and sell crude to him at a cheap rate and he too must be made to sell at a cheaper price than we are currently getting because the transportation cost of the imported products is gone. Encourage other investors to set up refineries. Finally, they should sell off assets of NNPC and it's subsidiaries and make the crude oil market totally private owned like the telecomms sector
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by Holluwhakemmy(f): 6:24pm On May 17, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Very good.

Two good things about to happen to Nigeria within the same period.

Nigeria based refinery to commence operation soon.

Visionary and competent president to be sworn in soon.

God bless SW SS NW NE and NC.
SE nko?
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by slowice(m): 6:24pm On May 17, 2023
Here comes the king of monopoly in shining armour posing as the savior.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by IbeOkehie: 6:49pm On May 17, 2023
Staphylococcus:

Dangote refinery solves nothing?

Smh…..

That's right, in the long run it solves nothing because there was a non-existent problem anyhow. It's like a man who owns fertile land refusing to plant crops and his family keep going hungry year after year. One year he decides to plant a small plot and surprisingly, it yields plenty of food and he goes to town rejoicing that he "finally solved his food problem". The Nigerian experience with their economy is EXACTLY that nonsensical.

It doesn't matter if fuel is imported or sourced locally. It makes no difference to ANYONE where the fuel is produced. At least we can agree on this? The important thing is that fuel should be available for Nigerians to use.

Problems only start when GOVERNMENT is involved. For example, when government starts dictating prices. That is the REAL PROBLEM. The price of fuel is THE SAME ALL OVER THE WORLD, the only places where it's different is in countries where government dictates price and it always causes problems. I challenge you to go and research my claim and find out for yourself.

The only reason Nigeria hasn't been able to refine fuel locally for a long time now is because government owns ALL the refineries. Whenever government owns an industry, the result is ALWAYS scarcity, inefficiency, corruption and poor quality.

The ONLY solution to Nigerian economic problems is privatization of all sectors and industries, including LAND and all mineral resources and also DEREGULATION of all prices, including forex and labor...no minimum wage should be set by the Federal Government. Whatever it can't totally privatize or deregulate, hand over to State governments, like setting minimum wage, airports, sea ports and universities.

Look at any 5 or 10 year period of Nigerian history and tell us when the economy has grown....never happened, always gets worse. Until the reforms I've mentioned are done, Nigeria will continue to stagnate. I'm happy Nigeria is solving the "fuel problem" that never existed.

ednut1:
oil and gas is not as profitable as it used to be. We have been paying subsidy for over 30 years, we have huge loans to repay, our population is too large for subsidies too. Tinubu has said he will scrap it . Make we dey watch

Oga na 50 years oooooo!!! Fuel subsidy started in 1973. Yes, a half century of waste, corruption and needless suffering.

What a Zoooo

Good Luck to Nigeria!
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by CodeTemplar: 7:27pm On May 17, 2023
ednut1:
oil and gas is not as profitable as it used to be. We have been paying subsidy for over 30 years, we have huge loans to repay, our population is too large for subsidies too. Tinubu has said he will scrap it . Make we dey watch
there is wastage, leakage and outright corruption that can give way and repay out debt. Subsidy has a good purpose it is serving and should outlive those other sources of money outflow.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by Mantilla(m): 7:44pm On May 17, 2023
This is indeed a wonderful development.

Just wondering if the west will sit and watch this project come to light.

It's more like taking away food from there mouth 😂😂
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by francotunsco: 8:01pm On May 17, 2023
taylor88:
Dangote is a scammer and a thief

He’s a benefactor of this evil nation

If this country was working Dangote won’t be that rich

Tell me why Cement is N1800 in Ghana and N4k plus in Nigeria

Thief

LeoDeKing next time you want to type that your rubbish of God Bless SS NC SW NE etc

Abeg remove South South there make una no dey form by force Alliance with SS bcuz of Oil.

Bloody Unity Beggars

We don’t like you people neither do we want you people to be part of us

And if you must add SS Abeg remove my Rivers State at least the last election in Rivers should tell you people we no like una that’s why we didn’t vote for una and u people didn’t win na only Wike & INEC vote una

Bad belle kee u dere!
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by enobongalfred: 8:47pm On May 17, 2023
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by Basic123: 9:01pm On May 17, 2023
Emmykul123:

That's a vague and shallow mindset excluding a particular zone.. don't be a bigot
They don't like dangote

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by Basicend: 9:08pm On May 17, 2023
whizzler:

Very important question. Even the cost of selling crude oil to him should be reduced because they are not equally transporting it across the high seas

According to them , he will be. Importing the refining components and chemicals. So the end-user price will still be close to what we are paying now. .
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by DaHrNn0001: 9:38pm On May 17, 2023
This might be a blessing in disguise for tinubu... Hopefully we would have a prosperous Nigeria, setting aside partisanship cus it does not benefit we common nigerians
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by Truthshscrazy: 11:11pm On May 17, 2023
embarassed
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by xperiencelove(m): 11:22pm On May 17, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Thanks.
Thank you bro.
Dangote refinery is a private project and anybody can start building private refineries as government did not stop anybody from doing so.
Ban on importation of goods that we already have in abundance is the right thing to do including cement and very soon rice.
Imagine adding cement to the already long list of products we import with dollar when we have Dangote, BUA, Larfarge, Unicem, Purechem and so many other cement in Nigeria??

Dangote refinery will save us over $28b on fuel importation. NNPC, BOVAS, Oando, Mobil and other major oil marketers will be buying fuel from Dangote with Naira. I believe you know what that means to our Naira. Dollar won't choke our Naira to death!

Countries thrives on production and exportation bro! Dangote refinery is more profitable to the country and Naira than millions of others businesses that import goods because importation will keep devalueing and killing our local productions and currency.

We all should have known by now that government owned companies cannot thrive in many climes including ours. It is the workers of those companies that will wreck them as we already have hundreds of such in our various states.
After all, of all the 130 refineries in USA, only one (1) was owned by the government. The rest are either private or PPP arrangement.

Apples dominates USA, Toyota and Honda dominate Japan, Mercedes dominate Germany, Tesla dominate electric cars in the USA, Microsoft also dominate the world of operating system and they are all private businesses! Why can't Dangote group also dominate in his own field since it has never occurr to another billionaire to build a working refinery in the country?

In case you don't know, few people dominate both banking and power sectors in Nigeria too and no one raise eyebrows because they are mostly Southerners and these guys are behind illegal bank charges and NEPA extimated bills!

I forgot to add that federal government has 20% stake in the refinery.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by Jerry299: 11:33pm On May 17, 2023
Please talk like someone who had milk as an infant na

Cyberterror:
Tinubu's Lagos working like he will make Nigeria work. Jagaban is the architect of modern Lagos. Dangote Refinery is his baby.

But in Anambara, the only thing that the third-class Peter Obi did was to litter the state with agberos, IPOB terrorists and Hero beer because he considers his Igbo people as drunkards of low intellect.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by Nobody: 12:34am On May 18, 2023
smileyThis Is Good News
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by 9jaRealist: 2:02am On May 18, 2023

Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by XAUBulls: 2:20am On May 18, 2023
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by zumbigbo(m): 6:35am On May 18, 2023
Agberos go turn that place to Festac revisited.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by Blackdisciple(m): 8:03am On May 18, 2023
With high cost I'm purchase grin grin
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by Blackdisciple(m): 8:03am On May 18, 2023
Blackdisciple:
With high cost I'm purchase grin grin

With high cost in purchase
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by loooozeem: 9:22am On May 18, 2023
taylor88:

Thief

LeoDeKing next time you want to type that your rubbish of God Bless SS NC SW NE etc

Abeg remove South South there make una no dey form by force Alliance with SS bcuz of Oil.

Bloody Unity Beggars

And if you must add SS Abeg remove my Rivers State at least the last election in Rivers should tell you people we no like una that’s why we didn’t vote for una and u people didn’t win na only Wike & INEC vote una

What u type here show that u r naive and foolish.
Go check result of SS in the last election
Beside, how old are You?
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by jemco: 1:42pm On May 18, 2023
It won't, most of the products will find its way to neighboring countries, where it can be sold for more.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Meet 100% In-country Consumption Requirement – Report by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:43pm On May 18, 2023
taylor88:

Thief

Bloody Unity Beggars

Liar, the average cost of a bag of cement in Ghana is around 5600 naira
It cost 80 Ghana Cedes
Make una stop to dey lie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote To List Dangote Refinery On The Nigeria Stock Exchange / Easy to use Bluetooth car scanner for error lights. / I Need Procedure On How To Print Recharge Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.