Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? (544 Views)

See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday / Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? / Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? by GoWithGood: 6:43pm On May 17, 2023
I don't know if I am the only one having this bad habit. It has stopped me from achieving so many of my goals.

I would see something, like it and aim for it and if within a short while I do not achieve my goal, that spirit that says 'give up' is already working on me.

It's not the spirit of an achiever and I know for sure. That is why I need help. Even Buhari contested many times before he was declared the winner whether he actually won or not.

How do I change this habit that has dragged me backward?

2 Likes

Re: I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? by GoWithGood: 6:44pm On May 17, 2023
I need your help and input. Is it a mental problem?

Seun, Mynd44, Dominique, Nlfpmod
Re: I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? by superCleanworks(m): 6:48pm On May 17, 2023
simple.
STOP giving up.
Re: I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? by GoWithGood: 6:52pm On May 17, 2023
superCleanworks:
simple.
STOP giving up.

Any practical steps?
Re: I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? by FairlyUSEDpussy: 6:56pm On May 17, 2023
GoWithGood:
I need your help and input. Is it a mental problem?

Seun, Mynd44, Dominique, Nlfpmod

Seems u r an introvert right??
Re: I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? by GoWithGood: 7:02pm On May 17, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Seems u r an introvert right??

Not totally so but to some extent
Re: I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? by FairlyUSEDpussy: 7:12pm On May 17, 2023
GoWithGood:

Not totally so but to some extent

There lies yours answer........
Used to think I was an introvert till meet one introvert senior bros.........

That one go even tell u millions reason while u shouldn't stress Yosef bout women at all........

Re: I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? by donbachi(m): 7:22pm On May 17, 2023
Pray against spirit of incompletion and abandonment
Re: I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? by GoWithGood: 7:28pm On May 17, 2023
donbachi:
Pray against spirit of incompletion and abandonment

Seriously
Re: I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? by nicerod(m): 8:10pm On May 17, 2023
grin grin

Chai we plentyfor here o

I have bind and cast severally sef

1 Like

Re: I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? by boldx(m): 8:33pm On May 17, 2023
GoWithGood:
I don't know if I am the only one having this bad habit. It has stopped me from achieving so many of my goals.

I would see something, like it and aim for it and if within a short while I do not achieve my goal, that spirit that says 'give up' is already working on me.

It's not the spirit of an achiever and I know for sure. That is why I need help. Even Buhari contested many times before he was declared the winner whether he actually won or not.

You most likely need a mentor. How easily do you connect with people? You don't have to give up because situations are tough.

1 Like

Re: I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On May 17, 2023
GoWithGood:
■ I don't know if I am the only one having this bad habit. It has stopped me from achieving so many of my goals. I would see something, like it and aim for it and if within a short while I do not achieve my goal, that spirit that says 'give up' is already working on me. It's not the spirit of an achiever and I know for sure. That is why I need help. Even Buhari contested many times before he was declared the winner whether he actually won or not. How do I change this habit that has dragged me backward?
First things first, there is no spirit. This is simply your "undisciplined" mind working against you. undecided

Second, you need to know the nature of the problem, and the reason why you back away from your goal. When you begin to waver between continuing on with the goal and abandoning it altogether, what exactly is that like? Does it come from a sense of overwhelming boredom? Or a sense that the goal is no longer of worth? Or it is laziness that takes over? Or do all attack you from different angles at once or maybe at random? If you can, find an unbiased ear person willing to listen to you and maybe help you figure out the exact nature of your problem. I would suggest you seek professional mental health counseling since this sort of thing in an adult can be heartbreaking. But if you have a buddy who is also a good listener, you can maybe get him to help you understand by listening to you speak about the problem. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? by henrimoto(m): 8:51pm On May 17, 2023
boldx:

You most likely need a mentor. How easily do you connect with people? You don't have to give up because situations are tough.

You are someone that loves doing things alone most times if not at all times. Learn to work/plan with person(s), not just anybody, persons with positive mindset. Start mingling with people more. Share your difficult moments, struggles, joy , with one/two persons around.

Befriend someone with a "Never say Never" mindset, a persistence personality.
Re: I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On May 17, 2023
GoWithGood:
■ Any practical steps?
Are you able to at least commit to doing your own work from start to finish though? Trying to eliminate the possibility of something like ADHD here. undecided
Re: I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? by Pootle: 3:39pm On May 18, 2023
nicerod:
grin grin

Chai we plentyfor here o

I have bind and cast severally sef

that picture don let me laff tire for work my colleagues jus dey ask me say what wrong with you
Re: I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? by nicerod(m): 4:48pm On May 18, 2023
Pootle:

that picture don let me laff tire for work my colleagues jus dey ask me say what wrong with you

1 Like

Re: I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? by Nice2023(m): 4:56pm On May 18, 2023
GoWithGood:

Using Buhari as an example is even wrong. Of all persons in this world na that terrible man u dey use to weigh ur future.

U no see president Lincoln,Mandela them and even Donald Trump and Obama them.

U need to read books like "think and grow rich by Dennis Kimbro and Napoleon Hill the black man version"
Re: I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? by Evestar200(f): 7:04pm On May 18, 2023
Learn to be around people that have the same goals as you

Be close to people that will encourage you and make friends
"
Re: I Give Up On Things Very Easily. How Do I Change This Habit? by Socratiz: 9:29pm On May 18, 2023
You need to work with a mentor or life coach to overcome this habit.

You already know how unhealthy it is and how bad you feel that you cannot build consistency to follow through an action.

This is not just procrastination, it includes lack of internal motivation.

B ready to pay for the services of a life coach or mentor who will guide you.

You can contact me if you need further details

(1) (Reply)

Suicide Rate Skyrockets ( Photos ) / MY First Time Experiencing ATM Still Loaded With Cash On A Saturday. / Caning Kids Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.