Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? (1684 Views)

How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? / Which Of These Snacks Was Your Favorite While Growing Up. With (pics) / Help, I'm On A Low Budget What Snacks Can I Use To Celebrate My Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by labake1(f): 1:04pm On May 18, 2023
Which of these snacks can you spend your last money on?

As for me, I can spend my savings on that coconut kiss grin

I don't like kokoro

Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 18, 2023
Where the snacks And how can someone spend their last money on food?

1 Like

Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by labake1(f): 1:07pm On May 18, 2023
Runnerzz:
Where the snacks And how can someone spend their last money on food?

Because food is life bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by Itohanmiwa: 1:09pm On May 18, 2023
My own is cake. I wan just use cake wound myself recently, i dont know how this addiction started. I'm just praying God delivers me. My wife must be a baker.
Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by madscientist88(m): 1:19pm On May 18, 2023
baba dudu is the real coconut candy na?that coconut candy on the pic is coconut flakes, any ways back in the day as a kid il reserve my two naira for the two,1naira was equals to 10 baba dudu,a lether of coconut flakes cost 1naira too.
Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by ShayGirl(f): 1:27pm On May 18, 2023
Omo mehn, BABA DUDU anytime, any day.

My last card can go for that stuff just to whine mouth.
Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by VinnyBaba: 1:33pm On May 18, 2023
sad

Some pple only spend their peanuts on Agbado and Cassava. 😏
Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 18, 2023
Baba is the real MVP, the GOAT. With N20 you had a very long roll.
Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by illicit(m): 1:51pm On May 18, 2023
That coconut thingy

tongue

1 Like

Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by brain54(m): 1:58pm On May 18, 2023
Not sure I can spend my last money…

On any of these but as a child I did enjoy that baba Dudu.

The coconut candy I liked but not too much of it.

The Kokoro I am not sure I have eaten before. But I have seen it.

OP could have added Kili kuli… the hard one. I still buy that one even as an adult when I come across it.

Sometimes I use it to drink garri!
Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by dominique(f): 2:05pm On May 18, 2023
The coconut candy fried with icing sugar. The one fried with melted sugar tastes burnt and bitter to me. Every single snack in that photo is still being sold on the streets, nothing throwback about them

1 Like

Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by Cyril44: 3:08pm On May 18, 2023
None of them
Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by Kobicove(m): 3:50pm On May 18, 2023
i will go for coconut candy grin

By they way do they still make these snacks, I'm not sure I have seen any of them in the last 10 years
Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by Nemesis0147(m): 3:54pm On May 18, 2023
I have not seen any of those snacks before
Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by Tokskob2008: 4:01pm On May 18, 2023
dominique:
The coconut candy fried with icing sugar. The one fried with melted sugar tastes burnt and bitter to me. Every single snack in that photo is still being sold on the streets, nothing throwback about them

Yes they are still being sold on the street but no kids of this time will ever knowingly wanna have anything to do with this kinds of snacks so it's right to say they are throwbacks...
Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by armyofone(m): 7:22pm On May 18, 2023
How do you make the coconut candy ? I have 1-2 coconut in shell right now. Can I blend the coconut ?

dominique:

Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by siofra(f): 7:22pm On May 18, 2023
I still see that coconut candy sha but I don't like it. I don't even like any of those snacks.
Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by labake1(f): 7:51pm On May 18, 2023
Nemesis0147:
I have not seen any of those snacks before

Are you not a Nigerian?
Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by labake1(f): 7:52pm On May 18, 2023
Kobicove:
i will go for coconut candy grin

By they way do they still make these snacks, I'm not sure I have seen any of them in the last 10 years

It might be your environment, those snacks are still around
Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by Nemesis0147(m): 8:16pm On May 18, 2023
labake1:

Are you not a Nigerian?
I’m a Nigerian oh
Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by labake1(f): 10:01pm On May 18, 2023
Nemesis0147:
I’m a Nigerian oh

Eheen! And you have never seen any of those snacks, that's wonderful
Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by okirewaju(f): 8:50am On May 19, 2023
Coconut candy and Baba dudu kiss kiss
Coconut candy is still much around but that Baba dudu I see it once a while and whenever I do, I buy it same with Chocomilo. Used to buy Eclairs like that too but the quality has dropped drastically cry

I don't know the last 2
Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by brain54(m): 8:54am On May 19, 2023
labake1:

Eheen! And you have never seen any of those snacks, that's wonderful
You are right about the environment…

Apart from the coconut candy. I think the rest snacks are more common around the s/western region.

In fact growing up in the s/south I never saw any of them( apart from coconut candy) until we relocated to the s/west.

So I can agree it depends on the environment.

I am not sure these snacks are in the north for instance.

I have stayed in the north and never saw any of them ( apart from coconut candy again)

I believe each region has snacks peculiar them!
Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by labake1(f): 9:22am On May 19, 2023
brain54:

You are right about the environment…

Apart from the coconut candy. I think the rest snacks are more common around the s/western region.

In fact growing up in the s/south I never saw any of them( apart from coconut candy) until we relocated to the s/west.

So I can agree it depends on the environment.

I am not sure these snacks are in the north for instance.

I have stayed in the north and never saw any of them ( apart from coconut candy again)

I believe each region has snacks peculiar them!

True, North has it own, they have one called "Ridi, dokuwa" I don't know if I get the spellings. I like both
Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by kinah(f): 7:58pm On May 19, 2023
Sisi pelebe
Re: Throwback Thursday: Which Of These Snacks Can You Spend Your Last Money On? by Love800(m): 10:03am On May 21, 2023
Where is kuli kuli.

I can die for it

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A Good Nigerian Caterer In London / Delicious Rice Cooked & Packaged In A Condom-(photos) / Guys, It's Time To Stop Making "Cooking" A Prerequisite For A Good Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.