Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? (600 Views)

Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? / Evangelist Edet: Any Christian Who Celebrates Grammy Winners Will Miss Heaven / Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Jackanda1(m): 4:57pm On May 18, 2023
Follow my story by checking posts on my profile.

I was a born again christian b4 declaring myself an atheist after reading coments and debates from atheist years ago.

I can remember asking for help about my faith on this forum, but all the advice didn't change anythng. My heart had gone too far.

I later got into sexual sin and blasphemy. I didn't say any ill against the Holy spirit, but God, Jesus, church, Bible and pastors.

I have had some experience that convinced me about the existence of God.

But here are my problems:

1. The bible, which was the best thing in the world back then, is now a mere story book when i read it. No light at all.

2. Lack of interst in the things of GOD; church, Bible, etc

3. My repentance isn't sincere. No matter hard i try, i don't feel true remorse for my sins.

4. I don't have any faith. I dont even know what faith means anymore.

5. No sin conviction. Sin isn't a big deal anymore.

6. Praying seems like talking to myself.

Whats happening?

1 Like

Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by yrhuhfy113: 5:10pm On May 18, 2023
Jackanda1:
You would understand my story if you check some of my posts.

I was a born again christian before declaring myself an atheist after readng comments and debates from atheist years ago.

I can remember askng for help about my faith on this forum, but all the advice didn't change anything. My heart had gone too far.

I later got into sexual sin and blasphemy. I didn't say any ill against the holy spirit, but God, Jesus, church, Bible and pastors.

I have had some bad experience that convinced me about the existence of God.

1. The bible, which i was the best thing in the world back then, is now a mere story book when i read it. No light atall.

2. Lack of interest in the things of GOD; church, Bible, etc

3. My repentance isn't sincere. No matter hard i try, i don't feel true remorse for my sins.

6. Prayin seems like talking to myself.

I'm i beyond repentance?

DO YOU ATTEND ONLINE CHURCH? why come online to ask for help on your faith.....

the way most of you THINK is absurd.....

CARRY YOUR QUESTIONS and go to a real church that teaches and debates the proof of spiritual scriptural truths, meet the leaders there and thrash out your issues one by one.

the root of all these may just be the FRUSTRATION of POVERTY and STRONG HABITS..... that has made you see life in a damaged way.

Bro, wake up...... EXISTENCE IS THE PROOF OF A DIVINE INTELLIGENCE... nature is so balanced in a perfect way that it can not be by itself or make itself.

GOD WON'T PROVE HIMSELF TO YOU when YOU ARE ALREADY THE PROOF THAT HE IS REAL.

So meet someone offline to help you, there are churches that help cases like yours....

SAINTS COMMUNITY by Chris Onayinka

Koinonia by Joshua Selman

Remnant Christian Community by Arome Osayi

FIND YOURSELF THERE AND ASK YOUR QUESTIONS if it is truly help you seek.

GOD STILL LOVES YOU AND WILL NOT GIVE UP ON YOU.

WE ALL NEED HIS MERCY DAILY.

2 Likes

Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by superCleanworks(m): 6:00pm On May 18, 2023
Jackanda1:

I'm i beyond repentance?

your sin is just toooooooo much. no hope.
but if you SETTLE me I know someone that can delete all your sim records and you will be brand new walahi.
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Blue86(m): 6:17pm On May 18, 2023
My brother, you are not beyond repentance.
As a matter of fact, what you are going through is an infiltration by a demon, who wants to sift you and discard you, making your faith to fail.

What are you going to do?
And they overcame the devil by the blood of the lamb, and by the word of their testimony.
1. Use the blood to tear down those walls developing into strongholds in your faith life.
2. Go into the Bible, and pick up scriptures that talks about the love of God for you unto salvation,and use it in prayers.
Begin from now.

Jackanda1:

I was a born again christian before declaring myself an atheist after readng comments and debates from atheist years ago.

I can remember askng for help about my faith on this forum, but all the advice didn't change anything. My heart had gone too far.

I later got into sexual sin and blasphemy. I didn't say any ill against the holy spirit, but God, Jesus, church, Bible and pastors.

1. The bible, which i was the best thing in the world back then, is now a mere story book when i read it. No light atall.

I'm i beyond repentance?
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by LordReed(m): 6:20pm On May 18, 2023
Jackanda1:

I'm i beyond repentance?

Have you thought that perhaps you are trying to get back something that is not real? Like trying to feel an emotional high all over again,
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Jackanda1(m): 6:21pm On May 18, 2023
Blue86:
My brother, you are not beyond repentance.
As a matter of fact, what you are going through is an infiltration by a demon, who wants to sift you and discard you, making your faith to fail.

What are you going to do?
And they overcame the devil by the blood of the lamb, and by the word of their testimony.
1. Use the blood to tear down those walls developing into strongholds in your faith life.
2. Go into the Bible, and pick up scriptures that talks about the love of God for you unto salvation,and use it in prayers.
Begin from now.

I have been away from the lord for more than 6years. Has my faith not failed already as it stands?
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Jackanda1(m): 6:53pm On May 18, 2023
LordReed:

Have you thought that perhaps you are trying to get back something that is not real? Like trying to feel an emotional high all over again,
I understand what you are saying completely, but thats not the case.

There are certain things i understand now, that led to creating this thread; things that can never make me consider atheism again.
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by didroon43: 6:55pm On May 18, 2023
Lol, baba go look for food chop 😂😂😂
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Jackanda1(m): 6:58pm On May 18, 2023
didroon43:
Lol, baba go look for food chop
Who tell you say i dey hungry?
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by LordReed(m): 8:14pm On May 18, 2023
Jackanda1:
I understand what you are saying completely, but thats not the case.

There are certain things i understand now, that led to creating this thread; things that can never make me consider atheism again.

I am not saying you need to be an atheist but you are trying to get something that may be as ephemeral as an emotional high. Perhaps you should look for other ways to satisfy what you think is a spiritual need, something as simple as mindfulness meditation or just praise and worship with music in your privacy.
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by didroon43: 11:19pm On May 18, 2023
Jackanda1:
Who tell you say i dey hungry?

Na wetin you post cause am.
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Blue86(m): 11:11am On May 19, 2023
Nope.

Go back home to the one who bled for you.

And use what I listed to pray.

Do not let the devil win.

Go now.
Jackanda1:
I have been away from the lord for more than 6years. Has my faith not failed already as it stands?
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Jackanda1(m): 5:35pm On Dec 14, 2023
its been months
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by The1960writer: 11:20am On Dec 15, 2023
Practise introspection and find out the reason for your ordeals. Perhaps you can start from what made you lose your faith in God in the first place and then deal with the issue. Were you ever filled with the Holy Spirit or the Christianity you practised was 'churchianity'?

Sometimes, it's easy to get frustrated when we feel confused or desperate for something we desire but can't seem to lay hold of. I do not know your personality or your life story, hence I may not proffer that exact solution to your challenges.

Perhaps you could consider confessing the Lord Jesus as your saviour all over again and ask that he fills you with His Spirit. It is His Spirit that convicts, makes you remorse for your sins, gives you interest for prayer and the things of God.
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2023
The1960writer:
Practise introspection and find out the reason for your ordeals. Perhaps you can start from what made you lose your faith in God in the first place and then deal with the issue. Were you ever filled with the Holy Spirit or the Christianity you practised was 'churchianity'?

Sometimes, it's easy to get frustrated when we feel confused or desperate for something we desire but can't seem to lay hold of. I do not know your personality or your life story, hence I may not proffer that exact solution to your challenges.

Perhaps you could consider confessing the Lord Jesus as your saviour all over again and ask that he fills you with His Spirit. It is His Spirit that convicts, makes you remorse for your sins, gives you interest for prayer and the things of God.

You do not know God!
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Jackanda1(m): 6:39pm On Dec 15, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You do not know God!
How do you mean?
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Jackanda1(m): 6:46pm On Dec 15, 2023
The1960writer:
Practise introspection. Perhaps you can start from what made you lose your faith in God in the first place and then deal with the issue. Were you ever filled with the Holy Spirit or the Christianity you practised was 'churchianity'?

Don't know if its too late. Imagine God gives you an opportunity to become his child, but you throw it away, spit on his face and continued in sin. Thats may be unpardonable.

God is said to be merciful, but he's also a consuming fire.
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Kobojunkie: 10:31pm On Dec 15, 2023
Jackanda1:
Follow my story by checking posts on my profile. I was a born again christian b4 declaring myself an atheist after reading coments and debates from atheist years ago.I can remember asking for help about my faith on this forum, but all the advice didn't change anythng. My heart had gone too far.I later got into sexual sin and blasphemy. I didn't say any ill against the Holy spirit, but God, Jesus, church, Bible and pastors. I have had some experience that convinced me about the existence of God.
1. The bible, which was the best thing in the world back then, is now a mere story book when i read it. No light at all.
2. Lack of interst in the things of GOD; church, Bible, etc
6. Praying seems like talking to myself.
Whats happening?
I see this one has been playing this game for attention for a long time now. undecided
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:18am On Dec 16, 2023
Jackanda1:
How do you mean?

Even you answered him Too late. Imagine God gives you an opportunity to become his child, but you throw it away, spit on his face and continued in sin. Thats unpardonable.
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Jackanda1(m): 12:08pm On Dec 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Even you answered him Too late. Imagine God gives you an opportunity to become his child, but you throw it away, spit on his face and continued in sin. Thats unpardonable.
From the look of things and human stand point it seems too late.

But we also know that God is compassionate and his mercies endures forever. Though impossible with man, all things including forgiveness are possible for him.
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by jaephoenix(m): 12:41pm On Dec 16, 2023
Jackanda1:

But we also know that God is compassionate and his mercies endures forever. Though impossible with man, all things including forgiveness are possible for him.
Nah he aint compassionate no more. You're burning in hell forever for grieving the spirit lipsrsealed
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Jackanda1(m): 1:03pm On Dec 16, 2023
jaephoenix:

Nah he aint compassionate no more. You're burning in hell forever for grieving the spirit lipsrsealed
Thats a lie. God is compassionate and quick to forgive.

Unlike you who's isn't willing to turn away from atheism, i'm not burning in hell. I'm getting restored instead. Watch out
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:05pm On Dec 16, 2023
Jackanda1:

grin Hmm! See wisdom. Make the run.
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
Jackanda1:

Unlike you who's isn't willing to turn away from atheism, i'm not burning in hell. I'm getting restored instead. Watch out

He knows he is done for which is why he needs you to perish with him. But it is very interesting that you even came to see that atheism is death. That clearly means that God has still given you a chance and of course you did not go far after crossing the line into atheism.

I believe unlike full blown devils called atheists deep down you still knew that they were wrong which is probably why you feel the way you feel which is making make a run for God.
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Jackanda1(m): 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Hmm! See wisdom. Make the run.
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Jackanda1(m): 5:36pm On Dec 16, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

He knows he is done for which is why he needs you to perish with him. But it is very interesting that you even came to see that atheism is death. That clearly means that God has still given you a chance and of course you did not go far after crossing the line into atheism.

I believe unlike full blown devils called atheists deep down you still knew that they were wrong which is probably why you feel the way you feel which is making make a run for God.
i understand you now. Your initial comment was confusing and strange
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by birth100: 6:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
If you believe Evil exist, if you believe people involved in money rituals, then there's the opposite which is Good deeds, that's the Almighty God
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by LordReed(m): 6:38pm On Dec 16, 2023
jaephoenix:

The way religion has traumatised some people no be small thing.
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Jackanda1(m): 6:55pm On Dec 16, 2023
birth100:
If you believe Evil exist, if you believe people involved in money rituals, then there's the opposite which is Good deeds, that's the Almighty God
My turn around and believe in God isn't based on the efficacy of money ritual or the presence of evil. It's based on personal experience and conviction.
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by jaephoenix(m): 10:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
Jackanda1:

Bro, you have blasphemed against the Holy Spirit. You're done! Finito!
They've already kept your mansion in hell. Sorry
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by orisa37: 10:20am On Dec 17, 2023
HE HAS NEVER BEEN A CHRISTIAN.
Re: A true christian who became an atheist is beyond repentance? by Jackanda1(m): 4:47pm On Dec 18, 2023
jaephoenix:

Bro, you have blasphemed against the Holy Spirit. You're done! Finito!
They've already kept your mansion in hell. Sorry
lols. How would you possibly know?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Newspaper Clipping From 1970 Predicted 2024 Solar Eclipse (Photo) / Abuzola Beware Of Stomach Ulcer While Observing Ramadan / Good Deconversion Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.