Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Omos Didn’t Realize How Popular Wrestling Is In Nigeria Until He Came Home - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Omos Didn’t Realize How Popular Wrestling Is In Nigeria Until He Came Home (867 Views)

WWE Star, Omos Visits Family In Lagos 15 Years After Travelling / Meet Tolulope Omogbehin Aka Omos, 7"3 Ft Tall Nigerian WWE Superstar / At What Age Did You Realise Professional Wrestling Is Acting ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omos Didn’t Realize How Popular Wrestling Is In Nigeria Until He Came Home by omojoibo: 3:56am On May 19, 2023
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/omos-didn-t-realize-popular-135347853.html4

During a recent interview on INSIGHT with Chris Van Vliet, Omos spoke about how popular wrestling is in Nigeria. Omos says he didn’t realize how popular the one true sport was, but he found out firsthand when he got a huge reception upon returning to the country.

“To be honest, I didn’t think it was [that popular] until I went back home last year and I truly just understand the magnitude of fans we have. Not just in Nigeria, but all over Africa as a whole and how people keep watching. You know, going back home actually for the first time in 14 years and just having regular day workers seeing me on the streets saying, ‘Omos! Omos!’ And I’m kind of shocked because I wasn’t expecting that type of reception.

“But, like it went down to meeting, you know, the current vice president of Nigeria and like his kids are watching the pay-per-view, you know right after we did Saudi last year Braun and I. You know go back going back home and the President’s like we saw you what are you doing here? I’m like I came to visit my family. He knows WWE, he goes we just saw you a couple days ago in Saudi Arabia I’m just like wow, like this is like I did not know it is extremely popular back home. They have this [show], it’s called Jumbo on the cable network. They get 24/7 programming for WWE; they can watch WWE 24/7 every

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omos Didn’t Realize How Popular Wrestling Is In Nigeria Until He Came Home by rowland545(m): 7:07am On May 19, 2023
Day play .. anyway I use to enjoy WWE back in the days if Randy Orton and John Cena also love Brock Lesnar too....

But since I discovered it was all scripted I turned the oda side ...but whenever it comes on I still watch but the passion in not as storng as it use too...but its all entertainment....
Re: Omos Didn’t Realize How Popular Wrestling Is In Nigeria Until He Came Home by Westerhoffe(m): 7:09am On May 19, 2023
Wrestling is entertainment. Better than Gladiator days…
Re: Omos Didn’t Realize How Popular Wrestling Is In Nigeria Until He Came Home by Pheelzy(m): 8:08am On May 19, 2023
Omoh 😂...
I never knew this n*gga is really tall until when I saw him😂🤦🏿‍♂️...
He's such a talented dude...
Just that WWE is scripted angry !!!
Re: Omos Didn’t Realize How Popular Wrestling Is In Nigeria Until He Came Home by arantess: 11:06am On May 19, 2023
rowland545:
Day play .. anyway I use to enjoy WWE back in the days if Randy Orton and John Cena also love Brock Lesnar too....

But since I discovered it was all scripted I turned the oda side ...but whenever it comes on I still watch but the passion in not as storng as it use too...but its all entertainment....
Same here

I just watch for entertainment sake these days

(1) (Reply)

Want To Sell Or Buy Egold / Serena Wins It / Hala Madrid!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.