Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Nairaland Update Open Question - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Update Open Question (271 Views)

An Open Question To Christians Who Consider Jesus Christ As God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Update Open Question by Unperturbedpota: 7:47am On May 19, 2023
Hello I am relatively new here but have been following this platform for over 10 years. I read and a guest. .
Now my question to seun or any webmaster this .why cant sumeun build a new updated version of Nairaland on WordPress joomla etc and upload the Nairaland database to this ?

So all the usernames and passwords will transfer over to the new website.

This site is catastrophically outdated and in dire need of an update

Back then it was started so the low bandwidth feature phones can read news, but that purpose has since become obsolete as everyone has a smartphone now.

This site needs features like dislike blocking is particular accounts whose comments you don't want to read, friends list and profile score so those tribalistic members will have Thier profile down bited and kiacked, same with scammers. So anyone who wants to do business with anyone can first check your profile to see your profile rating and how many people have blocked you and your total number of diskikes.

Naturally those who always make tribal comments will naturally become ostracized...
.I think the only thing that will be lost would be old threads but that's a small.price to pay for a much needed upgrade.

This version can be kept as a back up but trust me Mr Seun you are loosing more members and gaining less new ones due to the continuous use of this outdated platform..
New generation kids don't care for the reasons you opened this , they won't join. .
What you have here are few old members and mostly duplicated accounts of tribalstic people.

You should consider this uograde. Wouldn't it work?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Update Open Question by Unperturbedpota: 7:50am On May 19, 2023
Modern internet is in its 2.0 version and smart phone webbriowsers use super effective data compression technics so there is no benefit to keep using this outdated version of this website it needs an upgrade.

Except off course there is another reason best known to you why you have refused to upgrade this website but you are loosing a whole lot more than you are gaining.

Members are leaving , this is a fact. Only hired political trolls make up 90% of your new accounts here .

So I ask again, is it not possible to build a new website on a modern framework like joomla or wordpress with all latest features and then upload the old user database so. All old usernames and passwords can log into their accounts to make the transition seamless?

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Update Open Question by didroon43: 9:08am On May 19, 2023
Unperturbedpota:
Modern internet is in its 2.0 version and smart phone webbriowsers use super effective data compression technics so there is no benefit to keep using this outdated version of this website it needs an upgrade.

Except off course there is another reason best known to you why you have refused to upgrade this website but you are loosing a whole lot more than you are gaining.

Members are leaving , this is a fact. Only hired political trolls make up 90% of your new accounts here .

So I ask again, is it not possible to build a new website on a modern framework like joomla or wordpress with all latest features and then upload the old user database so. All old usernames and passwords can log into their accounts to make the transition seamless?

This is a well thought out post.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Update Open Question by Unperturbedpota: 4:34pm On May 20, 2023
didroon43:

This is a well thought out post.

Thanks sir

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

**get Canva Pro Free For 1 Year** / Five Way I Used To See Money Without Doing Hard Work / Moment Popular OPM Pastor Apostle Chibuzor Collapsed In An Airport (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.