Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,160 members, 7,829,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 (6730 Views)

CBN Stops IOCs From Remitting 100% Of Forex Proceeds Abroad / After $1bn Drop, Nigeria May Suffer Further Decline In FX Inflows – PWC / How To Make Money With Drop Servicing In Nigeria [new Online Business] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 by MrPresident1: 6:02pm On May 19, 2023
Isaiah 16:4 Let mine outcasts dwell with thee, Moab; be thou a covert to them from the face of the spoiler: for the extortioner is at an end, the spoiler ceaseth, the oppressors are consumed out of the land. Buhari, if we need money, to buy food, and soup things, and soap, and other things, ask China. China will give us money to buy and eat food
Re: KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 by lexy2014: 6:05pm On May 19, 2023
VTJN:
Buhari achievement you directed him to Tinubu supporters. Are they the only ones Buhari governed or you're angry at their choice of candidate and luckily their choice won?
Or was it because Tinubu won on the same party platform as Buhari?

so how does that answer these questions?

What's the relationship between your question and the comment you responded to? Does your question negate the comment?

what has Tinubu winning on the same party platform as Buhari got to do with the comment I made?
Re: KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 by VTJN(m): 6:25pm On May 19, 2023
lexy2014:

so how does that answer these questions?

What's the relationship between your question and the comment you responded to? Does your question negate the comment?

what has Tinubu winning on the same party platform as Buhari got to do with the comment I made?
Tell us Buhari achievements if he has any
Re: KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 by lexy2014: 6:48pm On May 19, 2023
VTJN:

how does that answer these questions?

Re: KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 by VTJN(m): 7:28pm On May 19, 2023
lexy2014:

Re: KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 by lexy2014: 7:37pm On May 19, 2023
VTJN:

Re: KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 by VTJN(m): 7:49pm On May 19, 2023
lexy2014:

Re: KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 by lexy2014: 8:11pm On May 19, 2023
VTJN:

how does that answer the questions I asked you?

Re: KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 by darkwan: 9:29pm On May 19, 2023
this news get as he be....
alot was built that will generate revenues too....

i dont think that agency considered that....

practicaly every nation on earth has debts....if you dont believe me,go check it out....
the coco is how much you can generate in revenue....

america has alot of debt,but they generate alot of revenue too....
Re: KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 by onegig(m): 10:34pm On May 19, 2023
VTJN:
I'm not disputing your claim bro

But with all of these, the suffering of an average Nigerians doubled more under Buhari. Unemployment increased. Jobless youths littered everywhere. Insecurity, corruption, hyperinflation to mention but few

Yeah I believe there's a lot that the Government could have done to stem the tides of a lot things. Especially security. That's the last thing you want to be lax with . The kidnapping and armed bandits issues should have been nipped in the bud immediately it reared its head.

You can recover a lot of things but you can't bring back innocent lives cut short due to banditry, insurgency, armed none state actors etc. Most of these precipitated some inflation we experienced in the food industry. There were a ton of other government failures in terms of prompt action and response to absolute stupidity in handling most issues.

But we can't discount the impact of Covid etc in some aspects of inflation and the debt profile that we are currently facing. Also we set ourselves for failure. Anyone with a right thinking brain knew that if we continued the trajectory we were on in 2014 we would end up here but both leaders and followers love to hide behind the curtain and not face reality. Best time to have removed Subsidy was 2012, next best time was 2015. We wasted those years not removing such and we should face the consequences.
Re: KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 by LZAA: 12:22am On May 20, 2023
onegig:

1) 3 Trillion yearly on subsidy x 8 = N24 Trillion naira in 8 years
2) Debt relief for states and Cash payments to help settle salaries during Covid19 - Prolly N6Trillion
3) Debt servicing from previous governments that's dollar domiciled but now doubled due to exchange rate moving from N180 to N420 .
4) Standard railway completed for Lagos-Ibadan, Abuja-Kaduna, Warri-Itakpe (China's Nexim Bank)
5) Sukuk Bonds for the reconstruction of roads.
6) Equipping the army,navy, air force to counter the Boko Haram insurgency. We all hear of the different Airframes, helicopter, tanks, Gun boat purchases . Also prosecuting an Insurgency that has lasted more than a decade costs money.

That gives you a summary of where these funds went to. Yeah there is corruption but the bulk of such debts are centered around recurrent things that we should do without. First is cutting off Subsidies and next is restructuring the public service to run a more lean and efficient government else we would just continue multiplying the debt burden without implementing any impactful capital projects.
Please and please stop saying this nonsense
This government is by far the worst we have seen
You are exactly the type of person one guy just mentioned
People supporting this regime for no reason at all
Smh

1 Like

Re: KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 by Simeonjoe1: 5:02am On May 20, 2023
Angelfrost:
Nigeria already spends 100% of its revenue on debt servicing and embezzlement!

No need to pretend this is something new... The nation's economy has been doomed in the last 4 to 6 years by unbridled stealing and borrowing to steal!

It makes sense to borrow money for projects and investments that will yield returns for the nation and even pay for themselves... In our case, we just borrow recklessly! Sometimes, they even borrow because they can, and not because the funds are really needed for meaningful things!

I honestly don't know what plan Tinubu has at this point... I honestly wish the Creditors will stop lending any more money till at least half of the debt is resolved!

Well, the average Nigerians (both those applauding these bastards in power and those wailing against them) will suffer the consequences of this financial recklessness!

Stop lending us?
Do you think Nigeria will survive without lending
Re: KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 by VTJN(m): 5:38am On May 20, 2023
onegig:

Yeah I believe there's a lot that the Government could have done to stem the tides of a lot things. Especially security. That's the last thing you want to be lax with . The kidnapping and armed bandits issues should have been nipped in the bud immediately it reared its head.

You can recover a lot of things but you can't bring back innocent lives cut short due to banditry, insurgency, armed none state actors etc. Most of these precipitated some inflation we experienced in the food industry. There were a ton of other government failures in terms of prompt action and response to absolute stupidity in handling most issues.

But we can't discount the impact of Covid etc in some aspects of inflation and the debt profile that we are currently facing. Also we set ourselves for failure. Anyone with a right thinking brain knew that if we continued the trajectory we were on in 2014 we would end up here but both leaders and followers love to hide behind the curtain and not face reality. Best time to have removed Subsidy was 2012, next best time was 2015. We wasted those years not removing such and we should face the consequences.
absolutely

During obasanjo, Yaradua and subsequently Jonathan regime was the best period to remove subsidy. The economy was still firm and crude oil has much more value in the international markets, unlike today

Yes, covid and Russia/ukreine crisis was another factor that affected us though

Yes, i was disappointed more under Buhari government in the aspects of insecurity. Honestly speaking he tried in infrastructure but what's the point of infrastructure with insecurity, unemployment, hyperinflation? These tree economy factors affects an average Nigerians much more than infrastructure. Corruption under Buhari administration was another problem.

I believe Nigerians didn't naturally hate Buhari, his poor performance in governance pave way for that.

I sincerely wonder how Tinubu will performmiracle with this present economy, insecurity, dept, unemployment, hyperinflation. Tinubu would inherit Buhari failure in almost all strata.

Removing subsidy now would obviously pose a threat to an average Nigerians. God should help us in this country. I don't want war seriously
Re: KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 by Reference(m): 6:39am On May 20, 2023
Of course the new government will have to borrow more to satisfy the army of political contractors gnawing at the rottening flesh of a decaying state if not they will turn against them and make the state ungovernable.

There is a wildlife sign in game reserves that says, 'do not feed the bears'. There is a serious reason for that.
Re: KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 by SOSinNigeria: 2:16pm On May 20, 2023
theophorus:
Well it Simple... Just Increase Revenue.

Increase revenue from where exactly?

Overwhelming majority of Nigerians can no longer afford basic needs. Almost all their income is now spent on food and transportation. Other basic needs like rent and school fees for children is paid by borrowing or any fortuitous income. Consumer spending is now flat across board. That's the people you want to milk more? Why not just kill them once and for all?

1 Like

Re: KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 by SOSinNigeria: 2:21pm On May 20, 2023
darkwan:
this news get as he be....
alot was built that will generate revenues too....

i dont think that agency considered that....

practicaly every nation on earth has debts....if you dont believe me,go check it out....
the coco is how much you can generate in revenue....

america has alot of debt,but they generate alot of revenue too....

This thing can't be a human being. Spits!

1 Like

Re: KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 4:40pm On May 20, 2023
God1000:
This is Buhari's legacy, a president without Vision and foresight

Someone should please tell me what Buhari has done with all the money he borrowed since 2015
and yet you voted Tinubu
Re: KPMG: Nigeria May Spend Over 100% Of Its Revenue On Debt Servicing In 2023 by darkwan: 5:09pm On May 20, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

This thing can't be a human being. Spits!

yeah,because i dont hate myself and my country....

spits right back at you....!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Many Problems Of Gtbank-nigeria / Are You Into Network Marketing? If So Share Your Success Story / What Biz Can I Invest N100k Or N150k In? Pls Advise Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.