Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Know Your Religion Population (pictures) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Know Your Religion Population (pictures) (44673 Views)

Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' / If This Isn't Happening In Your Church Then Just Know Your Pastor Needs Help / Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by schoolboymatt(m): 4:12pm On May 20, 2023
ExAngel007:

AI generated

quick question: can you differentiate an ai generated article from a human written one by from just reading it?
Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by TakeNigeriaBack: 4:12pm On May 20, 2023
Occurstaem:

They have one in Osun State.
But I don't know if governor Adeleke is going to cancel it sha.
It was Aregbesola who started with the declaration of public holiday for them when he was the governor.
I don't remember the exact date of the year.

If he cancels it, he will die a painful and untimely death!
Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by ALISMILE(m): 4:12pm On May 20, 2023
Muslim population currently has exceeded 2b
Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by foleskay(m): 4:13pm On May 20, 2023
Staphylococcus:

I disagree, Africa had written documents. What is left of our religions were passed down over generations, which I believe were documented, same with our history.

It might not be document outrightly, but they definitely had ways of preserving informations. Africans fought war amongst themselves before colonization and definitely would have had a mode of communication since it plays a vital role in warfare.
Africa never had written documents. Do ur research findings very well. Mention one monument of Africa heritage from 1000 years ago that still stands till today.

1 Like

Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by DonroxyII: 4:13pm On May 20, 2023
Staphylococcus:
African traditional religion is the least!

Those that conquered the continent really did a great job. I can imagine the work they put into achieving such feet.

In business sense, one must always give them kudos. The strategy is next to none. To have been able to conquers our beliefs, tradition, culture, language, dressing, education e.t.c, is an outstanding achievement!

Sentiments and feelings aside, they did a great job that one can always learn from. It was an everlasting investment they will continue to harvest from. They put-in the work!
They Won Because our belief Systems is not Truly Replica of the Operability of the Universe We are Short-sighted.....

The Universe Only Makes Win The Ones That Understood the Operability of the Universes & Conquering For Humanities Not Animalistic Tendencies !

Science & Tech With Maturities is All Universe Requested from Humanities & Keep Exploring till Eternal Infinity Nonstop!

Africa Can Also Conqueror-Dominion Them Tomorrow Only if We Can Get Our Sh.its Together Because Nations Rises & Falls Just Like Waves of the Oceans !

But You can't be Dancing Around Trees, Slaughtering Dogs to Calabash On Schnapps & You wanna Conquer the World while Other Races are Creating Sciences & Technologies to Explore the Sun & The Entire Universes ...

Nah .... Our Civilisations is Quite Behind Time & We Have Many Catching Up to Do Because We are Still fighting For Lands, Cows, Ethnic While Bigger Civilisations Are Fighting For Lands In Mars & Dominating Space till Interstellar grin

We ain't Ready ... We are Dancing, We Love Dancing & Music Here ... That's how we Fight Depressions Embedded in the Silliness of our mental Faculty Because Whether We like it or Not Nature would Ask Us Questions as Individual, Tribe or Ethnic, Race & Once Your Educations & Emotions are unable to Answers them Nature will Flog Nonsense(Depressions) out of You till You Become Wiser or Dies Only To Start All Over Again in Repetitions Till You Become Wiser grin ...

No-One is Going Anywhere .... Learn or Die:

This is an Eternal Journey !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by shegzhkn: 4:13pm On May 20, 2023
Staphylococcus:

What year did Saudi discover oil? 1938. And you saying Saudi used oil for colonization.

Seems I am
Not getting what you trying to say. Are you saying Islam got to Africa in 1938 or after 1938.

I think you talking about Gold. Not oil
No, you were right about the oil discovery in 1930s, what I am saying is that they were able to use the oil revenue to aggressively promote and propagate Islam across the globe, the petrodollar is like the catalyst to the process.

3 Likes

Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by TakeNigeriaBack: 4:13pm On May 20, 2023
foleskay:

What you're saying happend in d middle ages when Europe was still under d Roman empire when Christianity started spreading and prevented many heresy. But as Christianity spread across d world then the popes liberated and promoted scientific research and that was what brought about gregorian calendar. Christianity brought technology. That's the fact.. Technology started from christian europe.

Go and READ. STOP spewing nonsense. Your education is lacking!
Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by vannessa7(f): 4:16pm On May 20, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

Me too. I am PROUDLY IFA. I REFUSE to bow down to FOREIGN gods.

And when you die IFA will take you to its own heaven specially created for it's followers abi? Because if you are going to report to the one God, creator of the universe who said He will not tolerate worshipping anything else with him you will have a very long query to answer and hell fire is not a place one should risk because of wokeness or stubbornness because it will be too late to repent after death, I recommend Islam in case God touch you one day, because Christianity will not be able to drive your IFA demons away if you become a Christian, idols dont like to lose their former worshippers and will start afflicting the person and his generations, only genuine Islam will deliver you from them instantly, note I said genuine Islam because there are many that have introduce another thing to their worship like Tijaniyah and all those mosque where they do herbalist things, jalabi, they cannot deal with the devil because they have disobeyed Allah. Nobody should come for me o, this message is not for everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by segcymoor(m): 4:16pm On May 20, 2023
Nice...
Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by DonroxyII: 4:16pm On May 20, 2023
shegzhkn:

No, you were right about the oil discovery in 1930s, what I am saying is that they used the oil revenue to aggressive promote and propagate Islam across the globe, the petrodollar is like the catalyst to the process.
Islam is more than One Thousand Years Old While My Grandpa was Born 1935

Common Nigga, Islam has Nothing to do with Oil ...

Saudi Only became a Heaven on Earth with Oil and Islam as a Belief System to Power the Energies Needs of the People in Upholding an Honorable Society !

1 Like

Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by Staphylococcus: 4:16pm On May 20, 2023
shegzhkn:

No, you were right about the oil discovery in 1930s, what I am saying is that they used the oil revenue to aggressive promote and propagate Islam across the globe, the petrodollar is like the catalyst to the process.

Now I get you and I stated such earlier in our conversation
Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by foleskay(m): 4:16pm On May 20, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

Go and READ. STOP spewing nonsense. Your education is lacking!
Its obvious I'm talking to a dunce with no substance. Wasted my time schooling a nonentity.

3 Likes

Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 20, 2023
It's not just one day, it's a whole month... Radios and TVs celebrate it from the beginning of the month, till month end... But only Heritage day is regarded as a public holiday.

African culture always goes with African faith, except for those who chose different spiritual paths, but they're also welcome to celebrate with others as they're Africans too and it doesn't limit to Africans only.

It's just like Christmas, we start celebrating it from the beginning of December until the end of the month... But only the 25th is regarded as a public holiday.
illicit:

Interesting

But its more like a cultural day not religion per se cos it's just one day

because the abrahamic religions have holidays everytime they celebrate
Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by TakeNigeriaBack: 4:18pm On May 20, 2023
vannessa7:

And when you die IFA will take you to its own heaven specially created for it's followers abi? Because if you are going to report to the one God, creator of the universe who said He will not tolerate worshipping anything else with him you will have a very long query to answer and hell fire is not a place one should risk because of wokeness or stubbornness because it will be too late to repent after death, I recommend Islam in case God touch you one day, because Christianity will not be able to drive your IFA demons away if you become a Christian, idols dont like to lose their former worshippers and will start afflicting the person and his generations, only genuine Islam will deliver you from them instantly, note I said genuine Islam because there are many that have introduce another thing to their worship like Tijaniyah and all those mosque where they do herbalist things, jalabi, they cannot deal with the devil because they have disobeyed Allah. Nobody should come for me o, this message is not for everyone.

Don't waste your time. I will NOT bow down to FOREIGN gods like Allah or Jesus. Thank you!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by Lucifyre: 4:18pm On May 20, 2023
thesilentman:
I dont take religion people serious and i tend to underrate their intelligence.

Totally agree. I see them as placed in a box they can't escape from. Same thing with atheists(although they reason out of the box). If u get to understand the world and how it works the more u realise it's so frigging complex and we still don't hv the answers. So anyone claiming to have the answers to this complex puzzle in a span of 3000 yrs out of 4.5 billion so far is a joker.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by alimiadedayo1: 4:18pm On May 20, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Oga, how is atheism a religion na? 🤷‍♂️
Your figures sef dey exaggerated one Kain! 🥴

You say atheism/non religious, and you still call am religion!🙄
because they still practice their believe as their religion.. religion is all about what you believe
Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by shegzhkn: 4:19pm On May 20, 2023
DonroxyII:
Islam is more than One Thousand Years Old While My Grandpa was Born 1935

Common Nigga, Islam has Nothing to do with Oil ...

Saudi Only became a Heaven on Earth with Oil and Islam as a Belief System to Power the Energies Needs of the People in Upholding an Honorable Society !
You are a Muslim??

1 Like

Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by Honchoslim16(m): 4:19pm On May 20, 2023
Atheists/Agnostics and Theists looking to have a healthy and logical discussions and sharing religious experiences..... Hit me up on telegram @slimthehoncho.
I'll add you up to my WhatsApp group!
Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by Mallamjp(m): 4:19pm On May 20, 2023
[quote author=AllDModsAreMaad post=123256756]Let the disagreement begins in 1..., 2..., 3...,

Jesus is Lord!

Know this and know peace!!

YOU MEAN, A MAN THAT EATS, EXCRETE AND PRAY TO ALMIGHTY GOD IS ALSO GOD. JUST HAVE COMMON SENSE AND ACCEPT ISLAM. A RELIGION THAT BELIEVE IN ONLY ONE GOD, THAT IS GOD ALMIGHTY. STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF, JESUS IS A MAN, A PROPHET AND MESSENGER OF GOD. I COME IN PEACE
Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by Lucifyre: 4:23pm On May 20, 2023
NamelessOGBENI:
Too many religions,
So many confusions.
And the effects keep spiralling.
The non-religious folks ain't nowhere better either,
It's just flesh, blood and water finding a way of escape
Everybody is finding a route to less pain, to less strife.

By the way, an atheist still believes that he doesn't believes.

Awesome. Love your thought process.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by DonroxyII: 4:23pm On May 20, 2023
haybhi1:
I'm predicting Atheism to take over in years to come, as people get more logical. Agnosticism is already in excessive level, or rather people who only identify with the religion people know them for, on only face value. And that's usually because they are afraid what people would say about them should they...

On the lighter side, it appears that portrait representing Islam is most beautiful of these displays.
Atheisms can't answer the Quests of Humanities Upon the Universes Because Atheisms strictly Relies On Human Mental Networks But Humanities is very Limited due to Many Factors(Forces) Beyond Us Influencing & Inhibiting Us ...... We Can Brake Through the Forces On Our Own But To Sustain Our Breakthrough For Good of Humanities(Not Destructions of Humanities) Requires Another Sets of Mathematics Entirely Which Our Sanity is not Yet Developed to Handled ...

AI is Good But Verily, You would See How we turn it Upside Down ....

We ain't Alone & The Powers in the Worlds of Humanities is beyond Humanities Itself if Not For the Supreme-Absolute-Good that Helps Us Keep Balances, We Would have gone into Extinction By No Other Forces Other than Fierce Competitions Between Ourselves!

We No too get sense like that if not WMDs Wouldn't have been created Capable of Deorbiting Earth Itself !

Anyway, The Powers-Forces of Good would always Outshines the Power-Forces of Evils & Humanities shall Subsist till Eternity Doing the God's Work as Enshrined in Our Algorithms!

1 Like

Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by skuribeebo: 4:23pm On May 20, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Oga, how is atheism a religion na? 🤷‍♂️
Your figures sef dey exaggerated one Kain! 🥴

You say atheism/non religious, and you still call am religion!🙄
religion is faith ,atheism is also faith. Both are the same, thanks.
When you believe in God , it is faith .
When you don't believe in God , it is also faith.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by ALFADOS(m): 4:26pm On May 20, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

You don't know the meaning of the word FACT
thank you dictionary
Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by DonroxyII: 4:28pm On May 20, 2023
shegzhkn:

You are a Muslim??
Yeah !

You are also A Muslim too !

1 Like

Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:28pm On May 20, 2023
ednut1:
Islam will over take in 5 years time. Atheism is not a religion tho

It is.

You not believing in something is also a belief.

You saying you don't have an opinion over something is an opinion itself.

You being silent when question is asked is an answer itself.

It's logical

1 Like

Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by Waywardson6: 4:28pm On May 20, 2023
Your data findings are incomplete & kinda discriminatory. Because Christianity loves to 'enforce' superioty over all. What about SATANISM, SCIENTOLOGY & KABALA?
Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by illicit(m): 4:29pm On May 20, 2023
Samantha124:
It's not just one day, it's a whole month... Radios and TVs celebrate it from the beginning of the month, till month end... But only Heritage day is regarded as a public holiday.

African culture always goes with African faith, except for those who chose different spiritual paths, but they're also welcome to celebrate with others as they're Africans too and it doesn't limit to Africans only.

It's just like Christmas, we start celebrating it from the beginning of December until the end of the month... But only the 25th is regarded as a public holiday.

Oh yeah

I get you now, that's awesome
I wish we can replicate that here
Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by Lucifyre: 4:29pm On May 20, 2023
foleskay:

Ur head dey pain u. Which christianity is an obstacle. D formost scientists in d 16th century like Isaac Newton,Michael Faraday,Robert Hooke were priests in d Church of England,and their discovery made way for civilization u enjoying today.

Why result to ad hominems when u can simply debate ur point. Anyways read up about the inquisitions like the catholic inquisition and also the crusades so u understand where that guy's thought process comes from or how galileo and some other scientists where treated then.

2 Likes

Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by shegzhkn: 4:29pm On May 20, 2023
DonroxyII:
Yeah !
Peace ✌️

2 Likes

Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by Careente7(m): 4:31pm On May 20, 2023
How can I know the real estimation.Are we counting in dolls or Naira? Just curious.
Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by DonroxyII: 4:36pm On May 20, 2023
Danniedpastor:

Foolish talk.
The west was founded on religion,OK.
Its the foolishness of y(our) ancestors
And inability to make use of potentials that have kept Africa here
Trust Me, Religion is meant to Promote Common Sense But So Called MOGs have turned it to become a Weapon of Incarcerating People & Enslaving them & Their Wealths ....

Religion has been abused !
Re: Know Your Religion Population (pictures) by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On May 20, 2023
EKONGKING:
The same religions in Nigeria is a joke . People use religion to scam gullible in Nigeria . We have lots of churches ,lots of mosques and lots of poor people in same Nigeria. Guess the Gods of religion are just using Nigeria to cruise.
But what you stated is the essence of religion, a system of control wrapped around the mentions of a deity by which men wield control and power over the lives and minds of the gullible. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Why History Says Jerusalem Belongs To The Jews / Foursquare Gospel Church Pastor Accused Of Demanding Sex From His Workers (Pics) / Woman Gave Birth To Dog In Bori Rivers State After 3 Years Pregnancy - FB User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.