Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Be More Aware Of Your Environment, An Editor (mr Kingsley) Urges The I.t Staff - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Be More Aware Of Your Environment, An Editor (mr Kingsley) Urges The I.t Staff (153 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / Sack Policemen Who Also Impregnate Women Out Of Wedlock - Okei-odumaki Urges IGP / Virtual Health And Safety Environment Service, Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be More Aware Of Your Environment, An Editor (mr Kingsley) Urges The I.t Staff by VONN50: 7:05am On May 20, 2023
BE MORE AWARE OF YOUR ENVIRONMENT, AN EDITOR (MR KINGSLEY) URGES THE I.T STAFF REPORTER DURING AN EDITORIAL LECTURE AND INTERACTIVE SESSION

Mr. Kingsley, one of the editors of Voice Out Nigeria News (VONN) an online and print media house had an editorial lecture and interaction session with the I.T Staff Reporters from Global Wealth University, Togo on Thursday the 18th of May, 2023.

He started his teaching with who an editor is and the roles and responsibilities of an editor. He made mention that an editor arranges, organizes, rearranges, condenses and shortens a news or story without striking out the important issues in the news.

"An editor must have the ability to make decision on his/her own concerning the piece (news) given to him. He/she must posses the managerial skills and have the ability to correct errors in a news"

He also told the I.T Staff reporter that a reporter is the one who is responsible for the delivering of updates and analyses current happenings with the main goal/aim of keeping the public aware of such happenings.

"A reporter creates news or stories through different channels or avenues which are: television, radio, newspapers, magazine and many more"

He also told them about the different kind of reporters which are the investigative, crime, education, health, sport, entertainment, political, fashion and religious reporter. He buttressed more on the investigative reporter; he told them that he/she must ensure that he/she gets a full information about a news or story and such reporter unveils conceived news or events.

He urged the I.T Staff to be on their toes and work effectively and effeciently as they pay more attention to their environment. It's the environment that is their news source and he advised them to touch all the areas of reporting as an upcoming reporter and later in the future get to choose a single kind as an area of specialization because each kind is volumerous.

He trashed out the fact that not all news are news because they are bad during the cause of his teachings. Bad events doesn't define a news. Simply because it trend more and teaches the people to be on a look out doesn't make it a news.

"News shouldn't be bad before it's been called a news."

He taught them on how to write a news or story and concluded the teaching with what a breaking news is all about.

"A breaking news is an event or a news that just happened. A news which is yet to be concluded"

He also gave the I.T Staff Reporter the opportunity to air out their challenges after ending the editorial lecture.

@Vonnews
Ojuolape Funmilayo

(1) (Reply)

Own Your Business / The 3 Basic Of Sales That You Must Understand If You Run A Business / Head, Human Resources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.