Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses (40713 Views)

Bbnaija: Five Big Brother Naija Housemate Who Are Now Nollywood Stars / Former Big Brother Naija Housemates Stun In Warri (photos) / Uriel Hosts Ex-Big Brother Naija Housemates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Olodo24: 3:01pm On May 20, 2023
finallybusy:
The point of this show is the creation of cheap celebrities which companies can pay small amounts to promote products. It’s good since A-level Nollywood stars seem to forget their replaceability. Now, throwing most of them into Nollywood is a major downside. They can not act. They are in movies and TV shows because they are physically appealing to the eyes. I remember Tayo disgracing his lineage on Tinsel. I read on Nairaland that Tobi Bakre is a good actor. Well, good for him. I will not watch Nigerian movies unless produced or directed by Kunle Afolayan.
Tobi Bakre can't act. They're hailing him because he's in the kind of movies they love. His face has no expression whatsoever. He's just wooden

2 Likes

Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Adewale1603(m): 3:12pm On May 20, 2023
Olodo24:
Tobi Bakre can't act. They're hailing because he's in the kind of movies they love. His face has no expression whatsoever. He's just wooden
but his acting used to be funny to me, especially in brotherhood.

1 Like

Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by computer0810(m): 3:27pm On May 20, 2023
Alvelt14:
Atleast these one found something tangible that they can do after the show. Tobi Bakre and Erica were superb in Gang of Lagos and Blood covenant respectively.

U be erica fans abi.....forget, that girl no sabi anythingπŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Timblogga: 3:27pm On May 20, 2023
How did you even forget Pere?

2 Likes

Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Vinnie2000(m): 3:37pm On May 20, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
u are living in the past... Is like saying oh Pele maradona etc so Messi Ronaldo ETO drogba aren't worth it... Every era is different I can even see some persons saying Tobi and bisola no Sabi as d person go fit do if given opportunity... Bisola was even already acting before BBN... As much as we relish the past the present is also ok... Except u just wanna dwell in d past

Really? shocked

Maybe you should have tried other names.😏

because these Two can't compete with Nonso Diobi, Mike Ezuruonye, Chioma Chukwuka, Uche Jombo and others.πŸ˜•

Not to talk of the likes of Jim Iyke, Genevieve Nnaji and Ramsey Nouah. sad
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Vinnie2000(m): 3:40pm On May 20, 2023
Olodo24:
Tobi Bakre can't act. They're hailing because he's in the kind of movies they love. His face has no expression whatsoever. He's just wooden

I have Watched him,on that African magic series HUSTLE. sad

He is an Average actor.πŸ˜’

Even the much talked about Kunle Remi is AVERAGE.πŸ˜•

Many of diz Newbie NOLLYWOOD actors are Heavily OverHyped! undecided

1 Like

Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by TheSuperX(m): 3:47pm On May 20, 2023
Alvelt14:
Atleast these one found something tangible that they can do after the show. Tobi Bakre and Erica were superb in Gang of Lagos and Blood covenant respectively.
Na Adesuwa Wellington you dey call Erica?
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by TheSuperX(m): 3:49pm On May 20, 2023
computer0810:

U be erica fans abi.....forget, that girl no sabi anythingπŸ˜‚
Na only to knack Kiddwaya she Sabi, nothing dey her head.
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by TheSuperX(m): 3:50pm On May 20, 2023
Angelfrost:
Well, most of them can't act to save their lives...!

The ones making the real effort, like Tobi and Bisola, are still quite average in my opinion!

I think a lot of them just get movie roles out of pity or via superior influence, and not necessarily because they deserve their casting privileges.

Nollywood should borrow a leaf from their older more successful siblings (Hollywood and Bollywood): They should actually make these actors and actresses AUDITION for these roles before handing them scripts to ruin!

This is part of why a lot of our movies suck and grate on the nerves of those of us with eyes for quality cinema!... Same reason why BBNaija has horribly regressed to a mere hangout of empty bimbos and dickheads.
I will agree with you for once.
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Becomrichn: 3:54pm On May 20, 2023
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:57pm On May 20, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Really? shocked

Maybe you should have tried other names.😏

because these Two can't compete with Nonso Diobi, Mike Ezuruonye, Chioma Chukwuka, Uche Jombo and others.πŸ˜•

Not to talk of the likes of Jim Iyke, Genevieve Nnaji and Ramsey Nouah. sad
it's ur opinion... These guys are gud same way Tobi bisola is gud too don't put other's down to rate others ok..
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Greatdober: 4:04pm On May 20, 2023
You missed pere
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Bashnigga(m): 9:48pm On May 20, 2023
Only Bisola and Tobi are excellent at it
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by UnknownT: 7:57am On May 21, 2023
Some were actors already before BBN. Your list should be those who made acting debut after BBN
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by ultraviolet27(f): 2:58pm On May 21, 2023
Alvelt14:
I like Erica but Let the truth be told She Can't act at all, Facial expression=0 Gesticulation=0,Diction=0, Oratory ability=0. I was disappointed in Her role in the Netflix Series "Far from Home" Why Can't She ever be Serious?though we know One mustn't be too Stiff but She no Gel at all Same with Dorathy Bachor Everyone mustn't act now!!

1 Like

Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by ultraviolet27(f): 2:58pm On May 21, 2023
Why is Pere not there??
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by ultraviolet27(f): 3:26pm On May 21, 2023
Olodo24:
Tobi Bakre can't act. They're hailing him because he's in the kind of movies they love. His face has no expression whatsoever. He's just wooden
I am no Tobi's Fan But if we are to go by Facial expression no Nigeria actor or actresses will fit into that Category of being able to act except few like Ibrahim Chatta, Blossom Chukwujekwu,this Guy that Acted as the Driver of that Mass Transit Bus in Soole,He also acted in Before Valentine Can't recall His name,Lateef Dimeji and Sometimes Toyin Aimakhu infact Ibrahim Chattah has so many Facial expression and Gesticulation that He Can fit into any role, Don't know why He has never been nominated nor awarded maybe bcs He is a Yoruba movie actor.
This other Igbo Guy that Acted in "Soole" as the Driver He also acted in Living in Bondage remake even His Facial expression alone will mk u Laugh πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ even though the Soole wasn't really a Comic Movie I was even Surprised He Could Act that that role thought He is only good in Mumu Lover Boys Role,Only Mr Ibu Could Come Close to Him in Facial expression that is why He(Mr Ibu) is good in Comic Nollywood movies.

Nigerian Actors aren't good in Facial Gesticulation at all except Late Baba Sala and Baba Suwe which were both Comic Actors, Even the So Called Funke Akindele and Odunlade that People always say they are Good artist has 0 Facial expressions
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Adewale1603(m): 3:38pm On May 21, 2023
ultraviolet27:

I am no Tobi's Fan But if we are to go by Facial expression no Nigeria actor or actresses will fit into that Category of being able to act except few like Ibrahim Chatta, Blossom Chukwujekwu,this Guy that Acted as the Driver of that Mass Transit Bus in Soole,He also acted in Before Valentine Can't recall His name,Lateef Dimeji and Sometimes Toyin Aimakhu infact Ibrahim Chattah has so many Facial expression and Gesticulation that He Can fit into any role, Don't know why He has never been nominated nor awarded maybe bcs He is a Yoruba movie actor.
This other Igbo Guy that Acted in "Soole" as the Driver He also acted in Living in Bondage remake even His Facial expression alone will mk u Laugh πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ even though the Soole wasn't really a Comic Movie I was even Surprised He Could Act that that role thought He is only good in Mumu Lover Boys Role,Only Mr Ibu Could Come Close to Him in Facial expression that is why He(Mr Ibu) is good in Comic Nollywood movies.

Nigerian Actors aren't good in Facial Gesticulation at all except Late Baba Sala and Baba Suwe which were both Comic Actors, Even the So Called Funke Akindele and Odunlade that People always say they are Good artist has 0 Facial expressions
these facial gesticulation are individual inbuilt face expression, it comes naturally to them, you can't force and act it. There re some people, just seeing their face and facial expression alone will make you laugh. People like Mr. Ibu, so how won't they be good in comedy movies.
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by makapella(m): 6:53pm On May 21, 2023
Where is thin tall Tony ??
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Olodo24: 7:50pm On May 21, 2023
ultraviolet27:

Genevieve Nnaji has the best silent facial expressions in Nollywood. You can always tell what's happening just from the look on her face. This is one area that gives her the edge over her peers. The others are either overdoing it or just being borderline confused. Genevieve has this touch of amazing subtlety to her performances. That's not to say that she's the only good actor in the industry cos we have many others that are good, too.

Nollywood's biggest problem now is their obsession with Instagram celebrities and skit makers. I feel like slapping Broda Shaggi any time I see him in a movie. Broda Shaggi, Falz, Nancy Isime, Tobi Bakre, Mercy Eke, Bovi.....these are all manufactured actors.

But Tobi can be really good with the right script and direction. These wannabe James Bond scripts aren't helping shape his potentials, they're just giving him more fame because they're mass appealing.

Falz is still unbelievable. Despite having a serious role in Brotherhood, he still appeared funny to me like he was forcing it. His accent and voice feel kinda off.

I was watching Diane and Omawunmi for the first time and they were good. They need bigger opportunities.

Basketmouth, OC Ukeje and Toni Tones gave the best performances in Brotherhood.

I really don't understand why Nollywood operates on trends. Few years ago it was them producing only comedy films with big party scenes that gets chaotic, now it's action.
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by Adewale1603(m): 7:32pm On May 23, 2023
Olodo24:
Genevieve Nnaji has the best silent facial expressions in Nollywood. You can always tell what's happening just from the look on her face. This is one area that gives her the edge over her peers. The others are either overdoing it or just being borderline confused. Genevieve has this touch of amazing subtlety to her performances. That's not to say that she's the only good actor in the industry cos we have many others that are good, too.

Nollywood's biggest problem now is their obsession with Instagram celebrities and skit makers. I feel like slapping Broda Shaggi any time I see him in a movie. Broda Shaggi, Falz, Nancy Isime, Tobi Bakre, Mercy Eke, Bovi.....these are all manufactured actors.

But Tobi can be really good with the right script and direction. These wannabe James Bond scripts aren't helping shape his potentials, they're just giving him more fame because they're mass appealing.

Falz is still unbelievable. Despite having a serious role in Brotherhood, he still appeared funny to me like he was forcing it. His accent and voice feel kinda off.

I was watching Diane and Omawunmi for the first time and they were good. They need bigger opportunities.

I really don't understand why Nollywood operates on trends. Few years ago it was them producing only comedy films with big party scenes that gets chaotic, now it's action.
and Mr Macaroni too.
Re: 12 Big Brother Naija Housemates That Are Now Nollywood Actors And Actresses by ultraviolet27(f): 12:43pm On May 25, 2023
Olodo24:

Genevieve doesn't have any Facial expression whether Silent or Noisy to my own Point of View Mr!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2face Son, Nino, Working On His Music Talent / Begger With Phone Begs Ali Baba Money / Wizkid Performs In Lloyd Park, South London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.