Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,653 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

With Everything Shady About Tinubu, Is He Really Worth The Stress? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / With Everything Shady About Tinubu, Is He Really Worth The Stress? (169 Views)

How Emefiele Moved Shady ₦400 Billion To Monguno’s Office - Sahara Reporters / From “Muslim-Muslim” To “is He Really A Muslim?” By Farooq A. Kperogi / Onnoghen's Suspension Done In 'Shady Manner' - Appeal Court Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

With Everything Shady About Tinubu, Is He Really Worth The Stress? by TokunboCarsOnly: 12:09pm On May 20, 2023
As Nigeria and Nigerians prepare for the swearing in of the president-elect as decleared by INEC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, it is important for us to brace up for what is to come with the emergence of Asiwaju. Truth they say is bitter, but it must socrosanctly be told, the reason is simple, we can not build a healthy society on lies but on justice, equity and fairness. Tinubu is not worthy to be called the president of any Nation and I will point out some of the reasons for which i said so.

Unfortunately, Nigeria has been so damaged along religious and tribal lines that many no longer see certain things as wrong simply because it favours them or their kingsmen. The just concluded presidential and state election was a huge eye opener to the many hypocrisy that has kept our nation on her knee for too long while other nations make appreciable progress..

Interestingly, there is an adage that says "as a man make his bed so he will lie on it" it is only a matter of time for the SW to understand that the infested wood they brought into the house can only consume them. SW played politics of hate and bitterness as if another election will not come. They empowered their foot solders to ensure that a certain tribe was not allowed to vote except they are willing to vote Tinubu.

Let me say it again, that after the rain comes sunshine. One question every SWterner especially those who supported the candidacy of Tinubu must ask themselves is, is Tinubu as a man worth all the troubles? A man who have empowered many for his own gains. A man who single handedly pocket a whole state like Lagos and decides who is who. A man who in all intent and purpose have proven to be a civilian dictator.

Away from all the above, everyone who have supported the emergence of Tinubu as President should be worried about the future especially that of the SW. Today, the number of thugs in the SW has greatly increased. Numbers of wanabe agberos who don't give a damn about education anymore is on the rise courtesy of Tinubu and his political style of grab it all anyhow, by force, by intimidation and by harassment.

I am in doubt of Tinubu presidency. A man who have proven to believe so much in getting everything done through manipulations can't make a good president. A man who believes he can afford even demonic spirits with money and not by following due process will definitely make a bad leader. A man who believes in spreading lies and hate during elections will not be anything more than a calamity.

We must not also forget that till date everything about Tinubu is shady and in doubt. His family line, education, name, business and wealth are all a topic of debate in majority of the quarters. The reality before Nigerians if Tinubu is eventually sworn in on May 29th is that many Nigerian youths especially from the SW having learnt to play dirty politics will become merchants of death, desperados and non state actors of all the evil they have learnt and SW will become very unsafe region for that purpose.

Before, I will be called all sort for this trash, let me make it clear that I do not hate the Yoruba people. I sincerely wish someone like Osinbanjo, Adeshina or Fashola was presented for the election. My point is we can do better and we deserve better. Forget all the lies and propaganda you read or hear, Tinubu will not be any better than Buhari.

But while we fold our arms and watch as events unfolds it is imperative to point out that of course democracy has come to stay, but we must be careful how we play it's politics, if not it's only a matter of time. Again, we can not continue to recycle men and women of questionable character and expect a near Dubai in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Racism And Tribalism / I Support Obi, I Support Fuel Subsidy Removal / BEAM A SEARCHLIGHT ON WIC [WORLD IGBO CONGRESS] FOR ITS IPOB-WIC JOINT VENTURE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.