Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola (21625 Views)

Passport Home Delivery Begins February 2024 — Interior Minister / Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China / Reps Take Delivery Of Exotic Cars, Begin Distribution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by ogododo: 8:04pm On May 20, 2023
The Federal Government has promised to conclude negotiations with NIPOST on the usage of its speedy mail service to start delivering passports to Nigerians who opt for such a service.

The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, disclosed this while speaking at the opening of the Nigeria Immigration Service Passport Front Desk Office in Auchi, Edo State, on Saturday, 20th May 2023.
“We are in the final stage of concluding negotiations with NIPOST to begin using its speed mail service to deliver passports to Nigerians wherever they are in the world after production,” the Minister disclosed.

According to a statement by Sola Fasure, Media Adviser to the Minister, the launch of an additional Passport Front Office in Auchi, Edo State, was part of the government’s effort towards effective service delivery to Nigerians.

He quoted Aregbesola as saying it was the intention of the government to provide the passport to anyone desirous of it within a reasonable time, at an affordable price and without any stress.

Aregbesola, while stating that Edo State has one of the highest passport applications in Nigeria, revealed that the waiting period between application and collection would likely increase due to the recent increase in demand.

In his words: “Our current working schedule is that fresh application would take six weeks after biometric data registration and three weeks for renewal. This is reasonable, competitive and in line the global best practices.

“The challenge, however, is the waiting period at the point of application and data registration.
“All applicants will be put in a queue, depending on the centre of their choice, to determine the registration date. Regrettably, it might take two months in some highly competitive centres where the application is very high. We have no control over this.”

He however said that the Federal Government is intentional about opening more front desk offices, in order to increase the registration centres and reduce the waiting period before biometric data capture.

This year alone, the Minister of Interior had been in Daura in Katsina State, Alimosho in Lagos, Ilesa in Osun, Zaria in Kaduna and Oyo in Oyo State to commission Passport Front Desk Offices.

Speaking earlier, the Comptroller General of the Nigerian Immigration Service, Isah Jere Idris, said that the choice of Auchi is apt, as Edo State ranks fifth amongst states with the highest volume of passport applications locally.

According to him, “In the past 365 days, Edo state has processed 56,291 applications out of the 1.5 million passports produced in Nigeria. The commissioning of this front office will no doubt go a long way in reducing the traffic in Edo State and other neighbouring States.”

https://dailytrust.com/fg-to-begin-home-delivery-of-passports-soon-aregbesola/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by Ofunaofu: 8:28pm On May 20, 2023
cool
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by ZIKORAMAMACHI: 8:33pm On May 20, 2023
Interesting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by joyandfaith: 8:36pm On May 20, 2023
Alawada

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by GoodCane: 7:41am On May 21, 2023
Story for the gods.

Even if this should happened, we all know it's only in Northern Nigeria, will never happen in other parts of the country.

Nevertheless, believe this lies at your own peril

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:06am On May 21, 2023
Nonesense. Make they stop express bribery first. M.umu

40 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by CaptainStephen(m): 8:10am On May 21, 2023
Better!

I hate that I have to wear uniform to do simple passport capturing and collection.

Send it to my house and I will gladly pay for dispatch cost.

Another way to increase revenue for them sef.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by Blue3k(m): 8:10am On May 21, 2023
Finally , I've been saying they should be doing this. Nigerian agencies should learn to be more efficient.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by ogododo: 8:41am On May 21, 2023
Blue3k:
Finally , I've been saying they should been doing this. Nigerian agencies should learn to be more efficient.
Oyibo no get two heads.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by Lannyjoe4u: 11:25am On May 21, 2023
The soon fit be 10yrs oh

14 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by Bizzysmitty(m): 11:26am On May 21, 2023
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by illicit(m): 11:27am On May 21, 2023
And a National passport home delivery public holiday will be declared right?

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by bigdammyj: 11:27am On May 21, 2023
Till then... For now, it's a promise made by a comedian.

22 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by CHIOMAEZEH: 11:27am On May 21, 2023
Lol... Jokers

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by talktrue4eva: 11:28am On May 21, 2023
Will dey take ur fingerprints at home too?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by Lexusgs430: 11:29am On May 21, 2023
9 days to leaving power....... This useless man loves to put people's emotions on cruise control.......

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by Ay04z(m): 11:29am On May 21, 2023
Make dem license more agent.... People like us..... grin grin
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by godofuck231: 11:29am On May 21, 2023
Nigerian passports, the expensive shit paper

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by tobenuel(m): 11:30am On May 21, 2023
In this generation or next?
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by NwekereNdokl: 11:30am On May 21, 2023
Government
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by babaRUNtinz(m): 11:31am On May 21, 2023
Lolzz.. Dey there Dey whine unaselves
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by Fiscus105(m): 11:32am On May 21, 2023
Anybody who waits for that, would wait till eternity. Even the one you go their offices without heavy bribery, won't see light of the day.

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by doggedfighter(f): 11:33am On May 21, 2023
Waiting for home delivery of passports will be like waiting for Godot.

Availability is still an issue . It's home delivery you want to do.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by Orathird: 11:33am On May 21, 2023
This country self. To collect in the office is taking ages now they want delivery grin

Remind me that minister that said Nigeria will start producing aircraft in 2023

8 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by uuzba(m): 11:33am On May 21, 2023
Hmm
I remember when I studied abroad. Everything was quite fast there. School registration, ID card issue and opening bank account. I opened one with HSBC. I have no prior knowledge of HSBC. It was just conveniently located near the school.
I filled out the account opening form. I guess they must have asked for my overseas (Nigerian) home address. I filled it out, opened account and put money with them.
Now it turns out that they may have sent a mail to Nigeria. Once NIPOST saw the mail, they opened the letter and wrote their own with fake paper. The NIPOST own was asking me to fill out form with my credit/debit card number, expiry and then ccv at the back. They sent this letter like 3 or 4 times to my Nigeria home address.
My mum didn't know this. She just phoned me told me about the mulitple letters and had them posted back to me in UK.
I was suspicious and never filled the form. I took the fake NIPOST letter to the HSBC bank, where they confirmed it was fake. That somebody in my NIPOST post office has tampered with the original letter to try to 419 me.

This passport thing that govt want to do now, I laugh in French.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by ATEAMS: 11:35am On May 21, 2023
Nice
Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by doggedfighter(f): 11:36am On May 21, 2023
bigdammyj:
Till then... For now, it's a promise made by a comedian.

This cracked me up.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by Okpokpo09: 11:36am On May 21, 2023
Until Nigeria is divided, there would be no peace. I can’t imagine myself leaving together with Muslims. For crying out loud we’re not of same people. They need have a separate country I hate this

6 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by optionalY09: 11:36am On May 21, 2023
Lololopololliolpolooolollolololololoooloololloololloollooo

Even here in Europe with efficient local mailing system Nigerian embassies can not deliver passport successfully

6 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola by haybhi1(m): 11:38am On May 21, 2023
Do make we see. Mouth and lies too much

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prison Warder Attacks The Nation, AIT Reporters (photos) / Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun / Certificate Forgery: Appeal Court Dismisses APC Suit. Obaseki Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.