Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State (25392 Views)

Christian Man In Mangu Killed By Fulani Islamists / Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 In Bwoi Mangu, Plateau Attack (Graphic Photos) / Fresh Attack In Jol, Riyom LGA, Plateau: 2 Killed & 2 Injured (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by J3susFr3ak: 7:38am On May 22, 2023
Maga123:
Irresponsible way of thinking wil u find a way of defending yourselves abi na how government go take responsibility of taking care of those children whose parent were killed

Ok...so many years ago I do past by that same area almost every week for 8 years so I think I can understand a bit about the dilemma a lot of people find themselves....

I know people who as far back as 2014 were all about obtaining weapons. This was why the Federal Government had heavily put so many military checkpoints in and around the Jos area....a tactical way to seek and disarm decent citizens who may only want to defend themselves in cases like this. These Terrorists have already gotten some intelligence from the other cow herders which bush paths and areas to take and where the Christian villages are located. As is common in many parts of the Middle Belt, the human density is a bit spread out--so you may have a person with a family building and a larger surrounding farmland etc., This spread out nature of the native settlements makes it easier to isolate and target the people as they go to their farmlands. It may surprise you to know that so many youths in these areas (while they may help farming, they also go to school too). The subtle need to balance the need to function in a normal society and also the need for surviving any sudden attacks is a delicate one.

There is already pressure on the new government to revive their previous self-defense security structure to also checkmate the existing bias that occur in both the military and police which is about time.

Eventually, Plateau communities will need to function like the Israeli IDF where every single youth of a certain age has to be allowed to take arms and commit to the defense of their ancestral lands. I suppose this is the only way forward. Everyone has to be a soldier by force!
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by Biksy200: 7:49am On May 22, 2023
At this moment we are even tired of calling Buhari a failure. But what we know is that he will always be remembered for killing innocent Christians in the middle belt and he with his generation will not die well

1 Like

Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by Mrfeel: 7:56am On May 22, 2023
ceejay80s:
At least we dey reduce for census, government should reduce their budget ,
All these aboki put it upon them selves, they supported terrorists
Plateau is not aboki land , aboki's are not indigenes of plateau
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by Ezmans: 8:00am On May 22, 2023
Noerection:
E never reach number of the people that ipob terrorists have killed
when ipob kill you & your people join it will reach
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by Samunique(m): 8:02am On May 22, 2023
Uddeze1:
people of this country will learn the very hard way for the poor choices of others as regards leadership.
Why are you saying this again, have Nigerian people ever been allowed to choose their leaders ?

Would you call the last elections or selections ?

1 Like

Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by naturefellow(m): 8:04am On May 22, 2023
Noerection:
don't be foolish. Better to type RIP and move on, or stfu!

Humanity first.
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by Noerection: 8:05am On May 22, 2023
GiZcorp:
Take this to the bank, you an eternal fool.
nlfpmod mynd44 Dominique mukina2 lalasticlala
Rule 2
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by alimiadedayo1: 8:05am On May 22, 2023
J3susFr3ak:

Interestingly, the new state Governor-elect Caleb is from that same local government recently attacked by the barbarians. Plateau State will always have a Christian native leadership. This is God's grace and mandate,
so why is the man saying state sponsored massacre
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by Noerection: 8:08am On May 22, 2023
naturefellow:
don't be foolish. Better to type RIP and move on, or stfu!
is ipob not killing again?
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by Noerection: 8:10am On May 22, 2023
Ezmans:
when ipob kill you & your people join it will reach
ipob terrorist spotted
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by J3susFr3ak: 8:30am On May 22, 2023
alimiadedayo1:

so why is the man saying state sponsored massacre

The current Governor Simon Lalong has also woefully FAILED the state by the many compromises he made with those regarded as the enemies of the state! Most people see Lalong's inaction and passivity as encouraging the very stranger herders and their collaborators in the Nigerian Military to unleash death and mayhem on Plateau natives in a stride to force their Northern Muslim agenda on the state.

The Governor-elect does not currently have any power to execute any of the policies he has been mandated by those who voted him yet...until after he gets sworn in. I think I side with the Governor elect in this view since the same Lalong who had "security powers" to shut down the State House of Assembly building by sending the Police--suddenly does not have the power to send the same police to help protect innocent citizens based on security reports.

After the unfortunate fracas and carnage of the last Irigwe incident last year--where so many Plateau youths were arrested by the Police with their puny weapons seized by the same Police (with some still languishing in jails)...while no Hausa or Fulani was arrested for the bloody invasion and massacre that occurred at the Anaguta village just behind the University of Jos..it is just so glaring is it not?

This imbalance record of arrests and a deliberate attempt to shield the aggressors and killers while punitively punishing the victims who dare defend themselves makes it all smell like a State-sponsored carnage enabled by the same passive compromised "look the other way to please Buhari" idiot mole like Lalong- pretending to be helpless when the people's interest do matter--is at the core of the accusation and matter don't you think?
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by hansomb: 9:26am On May 22, 2023
buygala:
I have a contact there who says the killings were retaliation by the Fulani..

A Fulani boy killed a Mangu Indigene in one of the Mangu villages .. Upon his father getting to know that, the man took his own son to the elders of the village and handed him over to them, telling them that the law should take it's course..

Instead, the village people went on a rampage burning Fulani settlements and killing some of them... And the Fulani have retaliated in kind.

First to do no dey pain, he said.

That's exactly πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’― what happened. Bad deed by someone, jungle retaliation instead of normal justice, then countered retaliation. Then all hell went loose. It used to be one of the safest part in plateau state . May peace rain.
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by AutoConsult: 9:29am On May 22, 2023
lexy2014:

When did Biden say the same thing of the USA? Is Biden ruling Nigeria? are we in America? what Biden said, did he say it to Nigerians? how does what Biden said negate my post?

I'm just tryna tell you no country is truly free from security challenges. Stop making it look like it's a Nigerian thing alone.
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by Reference(m): 10:22am On May 22, 2023
Uddeze1:
people of this country will learn the very hard way for the poor choices of others as regards leadership.

Indeed.
Elections do have serious consequences.
These sad incidents are entirely about government of which security, the right to bear arms, arrest, prosecute and incarcerate is exclusively theirs.

The local government is probably headed by the same political party as the state and the Federation, so there lies the issue of irresponsibility, a total disconnect of what a proper society entails.
The inability of the average voting citizen to correlate his electoral choices with the experiences he has under a specific government.
The inability of the typical Nigerian to change his situation with all the tools of democracy at his beck.

After 8 years of mourning the fanatics of the outgoing regime have conveniently quietened their rhetoric when the reality of mismanaged opportunity has finally dawned. But has that caused any introspection amongst their ranks.... no, They are at it again. Brow beating whoever questions their latest choices and without scant regards that it is an equally risky journey to be cocksure of individuals rather than the realities on ground and the serious challenges of institutional failures, the root of all the country's ills.

So here we go again.... another four years beckons.
Don't say we did not warn.

2 Likes

Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by naturefellow(m): 10:51am On May 22, 2023
Noerection:
is ipob not killing again?
have sense, for the sake of your loved ones if not yourself
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by JOemmy(m): 10:58am On May 22, 2023
Where will all these fulani killers run to when buhari finally leaves office this weekend?
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by Noerection: 10:58am On May 22, 2023
naturefellow:
have sense, for the sake of your loved ones if not yourself
are you ipob terrorist?
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by lexy2014: 11:32am On May 22, 2023
AutoConsult:

I'm just tryna tell you no country is truly free from security challenges. Stop making it look like it's a Nigerian thing alone.

You haven't answered my questions.

When did Biden say the same thing of the USA? Is Biden ruling Nigeria? are we in America? what Biden said, did he say it to Nigerians? how does what Biden said negate my post?

I thought Tinubu said buhari will fix Nigerias security challenges? What's going on here?

Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by Austineva(m): 11:51am On May 22, 2023
Noerection:
Chukwuokike kpo gi oku ebiebe. Anumpama. Ozu nwuru anwu. Onye eriri eri. Ogaghikwa adiri gi na mma n'uwa gi a. Say Amen. Anuofia
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by Uddeze1(m): 11:54am On May 22, 2023
Samunique:
Why are you saying this again, have Nigerian people ever been allowed to choose their leaders ?

Would you call the last elections or selections ?
this battle is too great. I don't even what to say anymore.
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by Uddeze1(m): 11:56am On May 22, 2023
Reference:

Indeed.
Elections do have serious consequences.
These sad incidents are entirely about government of which security, the right to bear arms, arrest, prosecute and incarcerate is exclusively theirs.

The local government is probably headed by the same political party as the state and the Federation, so there lies the issue of irresponsibility, a total disconnect of what a proper society entails.
The inability of the average voting citizen to correlate his electoral choices with the experiences he has under a specific government.
The inability of the typical Nigerian to change his situation with all the tools of democracy at his beck.

After 8 years of mourning the fanatics of the outgoing regime have conveniently quietened their rhetoric when the reality of mismanaged opportunity has finally dawned. But has that caused any introspection amongst their ranks.... no, They are at it again. Brow beating whoever questions their latest choices and without scant regards that it is an equally risky journey to be cocksure of individuals rather than the realities on ground and the serious challenges of institutional failures, the root of all the country's ills.

So here we go again.... another four years beckons.
Don't say we did not warn.

You write well. I don't know what else to say.
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by onuman: 12:20pm On May 22, 2023
J3susFr3ak:

That is true.

Have you ever wondered why these irritating Islamic nomads are never this eager to put their necks into places like Ghana, Ivory Coast, or even Benin Republic etc.,? There is this stupid entitlement mentality that has grown increasingly crass and vulgar over time especially as the same Cow President made himself the petroleum minister. In other words, Nigeria seems like a land of milk and honey to these desert vagabonds and their affinity with the Hausa has made them feel more at home in the Nigerian context so far. This affinity has been overextended in dangerous ways to mean just because the Hausas have surrendered their heritage and leadership....other Nigerian ethnic groups will follow. This is strong delusion indeed!

An objective Southerner in charge of the Census, with the use of historical antecedents and modern mapping and data driven technology should be able to define "who owns this land or area and how many people are currently resided there." Trusting any Northerner to go about that simple objective is a foolish dead-end quest!

The billion dollar question now is how far will Tinubu be his own person to make a stand on some key issues that benefit indigenous Nigerians--or in the worst case just be another "disposable Jonathan" from a core Northern perspective? Have the Yorubas forgotten how much they have cried out for the return of True Federalism or a Regional Government system when Oladipo Diya was humiliated up and down? Well...I hope the current Northern Muslim flattery to Tinubu about winning an election does not get too far into his head to make him forget that your true power base will never be in Abuja but where the core of your followers come from.

Abuja is a make-belief illusion about a political elevation that has no basis on reality. Tinubu should advocate what he used to preach before when he was persecuted by the same Buhari's brothers in the 90s...this country needs to return to true Regionalism (and this means a lot more than the three or four regions we used to have). Let states who share a history created their own region based on their choice. This might as well be a prelude if total dissolution of the Nigerian entity is necessary down the line. If each region has strict Passport or border controls--this is one way to check this nomadic menace.

Thanks again for raising your points.

You are very much informed about Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬.

No Nigerian ever clamoured for political restructuring of Nigeria more than Bola Tinubu, beginning 1996. But in 2014, Tinubu thumbed the nose on the Jonathan CONFAB, as he saw an opportunity for him to become president. He was on appeasement for Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri that loathe any talk of political restructuring of Nigeria.
But if Tinubu gets the presidential seat alas, he may become the bomb to destroy the Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri resistance to political restructuring of Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬.
Fulani leads Hausa-Kanuri; thus, the Fulani desire for Fulanization and Islamization of entire Nigeria through the present unitary government system, remains paramount to the Fulani.

As for the botched Census. In 2016, Nigeria was due for Census. An Igbo Chairman of the National Population Commission (NPC) then had put every preparation for national census. Suddenly the Census was cancelled by the Buhari government. Buhari waited for the tenure of the Igbo Chairman of the NPC to expire before a Census could hold. The tenure of the Igbo Chairman of the NPC later expired. Buhari appointed another Northerner to Chair the Census Commission. The new Chairman made his hurried effort to conduct a Census this year. Money lenders refused to cooperate.

1 Like

Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by Noerection: 12:38pm On May 22, 2023
Austineva:
Chukwuokike kpo gi oku ebiebe. Anumpama. Ozu nwuru anwu. Onye eriri eri. Ogaghikwa adiri gi na mma n'uwa gi a. Say Amen. Anuofia
IPob terrorist spotted
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by Noerection: 12:39pm On May 22, 2023
Austineva:
efi Fulani
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by Blackdisciple(m): 12:48pm On May 22, 2023
To be honest these herders just want to trigger another fresh crisis in Jos like that of 2001
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by Powerfly(f): 12:55pm On May 22, 2023
Noerection:

You're a very terrible person in real life and quite a wicked heart.
Fear God abeg. lipsrsealed
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by Noerection: 12:58pm On May 22, 2023
Powerfly:

You're a very terrible person in real life and quite a wicked heart.
Fear God abeg. lipsrsealed
who is this thing? Is ipob not a terrorist group killing policemen?
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by Powerfly(f): 1:05pm On May 22, 2023
Noerection:
who is this thing? Is ipob not a terrorist group killing policemen?

You're the thing here...coz you're heartless.
So because ipoB is killing...that's why u come on a sad post to comment thrash.
Did ipoB kill any member of your family?
Why suddenly bringing up an unnecessary but callous comparison when all you could do was bid the dead farewell?
You're the thing here bro and it's so sad that Nigeria has turned your fleshy heart to a worthless piece of stone.
Get some conscience and stop using every post to stir ethnic rivalry.... You should be bigger than this useless petty bantering. tongue sad angry
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by AutoConsult: 2:41pm On May 22, 2023
lexy2014:

You haven't answered my questions.

When did Biden say the same thing of the USA? Is Biden ruling Nigeria? are we in America? what Biden said, did he say it to Nigerians? how does what Biden said negate my post? Okay. I'm just having an episode. I have this mental block once a while. I get you now

Alright your sins are forgiven. Go and sin no more.
Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by Austineva(m): 3:04pm On May 22, 2023
JoeEeL:

You people should keep waiting for government okay?

Just wait small... the FG (Fulani Government) is coming.
what's up my awesome Bro? Hope you are doing very fine?
Have you seen how DOS and their criminal gangs are disgracing themselves? Cos they are not us, d Biafrans. Just imagine people agitating for Independent Nation of Biafra oπŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ€£πŸ€£

1 Like

Re: 125 Persons Killed In Attack On Mangu LGA, Plateau State by lexy2014: 4:44pm On May 22, 2023
AutoConsult:

Alright your sins are forgiven. Go and sin no more.

but that hasnt answered the questions.

I thought Tinubu said buhari will fix Nigerias security challenges? What's going on here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Pours Hot Water On Housemaid For β€˜stealing’ Eggs / Preacher Steals Car During Morning Round.. / Ghana Police Rescue 12 Nigerians, Arrest 2 Masters, Seize 15 Laptops After Raid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.