Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Please Help Call HOD Abịa State University Nursing Department To Order. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help Call HOD Abịa State University Nursing Department To Order. (237 Views)

Lead City University Nursing Students Cry Out Over Poor Hostel After Paying 200k / My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department / "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Call HOD Abịa State University Nursing Department To Order. by Pedropa: 9:54am On May 22, 2023
Good day everyone. Below is a message sent to HoD Nursing department Abịa State University Uturu from the school management with regards to complaint received from a student.

[b]Good day all. Below is a message forwarded to HoD Nursing Department Abịa State University Uturu regards to complaint from a student

I got this 👇🏿from a student:

*HOD (Nursing),*

It is very important that you respond to this in less than no time. Let me have your response on Tuesday, 23rd May, 2023.
-------------

A COMPLAIN OF EXTORTION

Good evening Prof.

I am in nursing department 300l.

Prof. We are being extorted by the new HOD.

We were asked to pay #5000 clinical fee, and again #9500 for practical exam which is to commence on the first on June.

Those been indexed are paying the sum of #47000.

Sir please you should come to our aids; these money is too much.

With all these; there's no accommodation provided and we are just staying for one month.

What are nursing students going to Abatoir, umudike farm to do.
This expenses don't really have a real purpose, or doesn't worth it.

Here is the list of how the extortion is stage managed.

_GREETINGS ABLE NURSES_

Trust you all had a wonderful day today.
This is concerning our Osce Examinations and Conc. Clinicals
The examination comes up on 1st June 2023, that's next 2 weeks Thursday.
Sequel to the examination we are to pay some amount of money.
The payment covers for both osce and Conc clinicals.
And for the Conc. Clinicals we have four places we are visiting
1) Crunchies
2) Abatoir(slaughter)
3) Asepa
4) Michael Okpara University of Agriculture (Umudike farm)

These all movement have been revealed to a conclusion that each person in class will pay a token of #9,500.
For the listed activities ahead of us.

THE payment starts tomorrow morning till 30th of May.

You are to pay to asst. Crp
To this acct number.
Name: Ohanele Paschaline Munachimso
Account number:2024488088
Bank:Kuda

Do have a Pacific night rest[/b]

Below is the HoD's way of responding by threatening the students and demanding the withdraw the issue other than addressing it

Goodmorning all...

This is what we received from the university management this morning even after our explanation and involving you in all the activities?

Based on these,:
We have resolve to suspend 300L activities like...
1) Indexing: we shall select from 200L.now, we have selected council quota from 300L already..

2) OSCE and conclinical suspended
3) conclinical suspended
4) clinical posting suspended
Until the issue is solved , may be u will do them as carry over..

However, we shall only accept you plea if you meet the DVC academics tomorow to clear these nonsense with official letter to debunk this accusations..

Re: Please Help Call HOD Abịa State University Nursing Department To Order. by Pedropa: 9:58am On May 22, 2023
The said HoD is a lady and a mother at that. One would think there should be an atom of compassion in her but no, there is non.

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of School Fees Federal Uni Wukari / Kogi State Polytechnic Withdraws 313 Students Over Poor Academic Performance / Mastering The GRE Examination: Essential Tips For Success In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.