Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,579 members, 7,823,512 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) (60960 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / A Review Of Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet: Linda Ikeji's 2019 Dream Car / Range Rover Goes Up In Flames Near Third Mainland In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by blueAgent(m): 7:42pm On May 22, 2023
Fweshkpekus:
cry 70m wey i go use 20m frm there knack woman, use 30m go night club and invest the remaining 20m on weed undecided cry mtcheew

You get serious problem. grin

1 Like

Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by Originalsly: 7:56pm On May 22, 2023
Reference:

I have often wondered why modern automobiles do not have in built in automatic fire suppressing systems in the engine bay similar to aircraft engines when this is the flashpoint of almost all automobile fires. I have seen a few after market systems that I have considered installing but nothing standard enough to risk.

You will think that top end vehicles bearing engines costing tens of thousands of dollars will have built in devices to protect the vehicle itself and the occupants in the event of accidents or incidents that lead to fires and possible deaths. There is not even a single vehicle out there that I know that has a fire detection system to alert the driver of a breakout until it is visible at which point it may already be late to save the car.

Cars are built with systems to prevent fire outbreaks .... no need for fire extinguishers or fire suppressant systems. In case of fire there is a fire wall to slow the spread of fire into the passenger compartment giving the passengers time to escape. There is nothing faulty about the car ... same cars in other countries do not burst into flames nowhere as often as in Nigeria. This should tell us the problem is local ... and for this we need to point fingers at unqualified people parading as mechanics .... Kazeems .... who prosper because car owners go for cheap price over competence. I'm almost sure the cause of this is electrical ... rewire guy fix one problem that caused a major one.

2 Likes

Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by bigiyaro(m): 8:11pm On May 22, 2023
Lol....very good, only in naija, someone weee buy 70 mil car, no maintenance no nothing, even comon extinguisher sef, dey monkey no get.
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by Bfly: 8:19pm On May 22, 2023
Those preaching vanity don't know the emotions that go with all this things.
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by TechCapon(m): 8:31pm On May 22, 2023
TheGrandMaster:
All these cars that are upgraded sha.... Mercs and their electronics are very meticulous. Judging from the engine cover, that car is an upgraded S class. N70million? I dont think so
you know your onion

1 Like

Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by gebest: 8:39pm On May 22, 2023
Redoil:
vanity upon vanity all is vanity

70 million naira indeed
so a vehicle is a vanity abi?
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by footprint17(m): 8:39pm On May 22, 2023
Bvlgari:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rq8M-P7lJU

70million Naira Mercedes maybach goes up in flames

funny enough even poverty na vanity
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by udemzyudex(m): 8:52pm On May 22, 2023
Re-wire don go join wetin he no suppose join ooo grin
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by IPDGP: 9:04pm On May 22, 2023
kings59:
Imagine a Yahoo boy bought Benz of 16.5M, and this happened to him after Six months of purchase.

All na still Vanity

Live a good life. Every living thing must die. Even the earth will be destroyed one day.

What's the meaning of life?

So if na 1million car, that one no be vanity
Guy think outside the box 🎁
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by Haines: 9:06pm On May 22, 2023
By opening the car door and bonnet they are helping the fire.
There are three element of fire 🔥 Fuel, Heat and oxygen. And if any one of these element is missing there can never be fire.
All fires can be extinguished by cooling, smothering, starving.
Cooling is by removing the Heat or temperature by using water.
Smothering is by removing the Oxygen or air by using fire blanket to cover the fire.
Starving is by removing the fuel or combustible materials
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by EnterpriseMan: 9:11pm On May 22, 2023
fnep2smooth:
money way fit change some people life, I believe say na electrical fault
Leaking fuel line
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by Haines: 9:12pm On May 22, 2023
Mopolchi:
I hope no be Whitemoney own That him Maybach too fine
check that bus plate number the incident is not in Nigeria

Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by OdefaGirl(f): 9:19pm On May 22, 2023
Reportupdate:
Peter Obi, Ooni of Ife, Davido Dad, Gov. Ademola, Otedola, Alex Otti at Dangote Refinery Commission

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMEoDRIdGE4

Please 🙏 support me by SUBSCRIBING to this channel. Thanks as always

Ooni called Peter.... "The Tsunami"... Hmmm, that's deep
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by OdefaGirl(f): 9:21pm On May 22, 2023
bigiyaro:
Lol....very good, only in naija, someone weee buy 70 mil car, no maintenance no nothing, even comon extinguisher sef, dey monkey no get.

You no hear Charlie?
That's Ghana
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by brain54(m): 9:39pm On May 22, 2023
Kareem…!!!
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by Luiz122: 9:45pm On May 22, 2023
Owo jona ooo yeh yeh
Redoil:
vanity upon vanity all is vanity

70 million naira indeed
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by essentialone(m): 9:59pm On May 22, 2023
This is the real price range of Mercedes Maybach

Click the l.i.n.k. below:

https:///cars?query=maybach&sort=price_desc
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by clems88(m): 10:08pm On May 22, 2023
Iron qwandem grin will be so happy right now grin
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by Funflipper: 10:08pm On May 22, 2023
SkyFi:

Bro find another side hustle, A.I/ChatGpt will do all these in seconds, unless your clients are dull and not aware of happenings.

A candid advice at its finest.
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by Tradman: 10:23pm On May 22, 2023
Bvlgari:

ill-gotten wealth
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by HacheNoire: 10:31pm On May 22, 2023
Insurance will take care of it. No biggy!
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by FEGEITOK: 10:53pm On May 22, 2023
GloriousGbola:

It is very very very common. I worked in a company where we got discounts on insurance and even then, I know of different colleagues who would not bother. You would always find out when you heard of their accident where the car was totaled. OK sorry about that. Hope insurance came through - at which point you would hear no insurance.

We hear it all the time. Supermarket burnt down. No insurance. Car lot burnt down. No insurance.

And this is not a poor thing. Well a mental poverty thing. Like one of my colleagues who literally did not bother to get wipers for his ride. He was telling me about how he had to use a rag on his windscreen when he got caught in the rain.

Edit - I am assuming by my people you mean igbos. Not gonna lie, the average igbo sees insurance as a complete waste of money that can better be used for business.

I paid for comprehensive insurance for my new car.

I was the victim of a deep scratch not up to 12 inches long.

The number of forms that I have to fill for insurance to process the case. Oh my God!

Well, let me complete the process first.

I might write about how it went.
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by Reference(m): 11:42pm On May 22, 2023
Originalsly:

Cars are built with systems to prevent fire outbreaks .... no need for fire extinguishers or fire suppressant systems. In case of fire there is a fire wall to slow the spread of fire into the passenger compartment giving the passengers time to escape. There is nothing faulty about the car ... same cars in other countries do not burst into flames nowhere as often as in Nigeria. This should tell us the problem is local ... and for this we need to point fingers at unqualified people parading as mechanics .... Kazeems .... who prosper because car owners go for cheap price over competence. I'm almost sure the cause of this is electrical ... rewire guy fix one problem that caused a major one.

I sincerely hope you are joking about this.

Because if you have seen accidents where victims have roasted to death in their vehicles you will realise not every accident has a clock attached to it. Not every fire is 'escapable' and the vehicle will burn to ashes with or without a 'firewall'.

And I am saying if a passenger airbag can deploy to reduce the impact forces of collisions or other kinds of accidents the next logical step will be a sensor to detect and extinguish fuel fires likely to occur in a crushed engine or a ruptured gas tank. It will not cost anything to makers of some of the most luxurious cars we see today.

1 Like

Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by Betgold84: 12:02am On May 23, 2023
Upgraded s class
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by onomeabuja: 12:08am On May 23, 2023
Bvlgari:

shocked
His village people FINALLY GOT HIM grin
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by E2000: 12:12am On May 23, 2023
Nigerian local mechanic probably caused it
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by cobby14(m): 1:28am On May 23, 2023
Worst of it. It’s a rented car
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

The owner must have flouted One of the Rules. The customised plate number speaks volumes...If you know you know.
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:30am On May 23, 2023
Bvlgari:

Are you sure it’s 70M? Fit be mercedes wey bebex don upgrade…. Either that, or one incompetent electrician has fingered the electricals of the car.
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:32am On May 23, 2023
TheGrandMaster:
All these cars that are upgraded sha.... Mercs and their electronics are very meticulous. Judging from the engine cover, that car is an upgraded S class. N70million? I dont think so
man wey sabi…. That’s definitely not an original model year but an upgrade.

1 Like

Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:33am On May 23, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Hmmmm

Normally I dey fear benz

But now na my fear for benz don increase

Lexus sure me die
if an incompetent electrician tampers with the electronics of your lexus it’ll still burn.
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by Originalsly: 1:50am On May 23, 2023
Reference:

I sincerely hope you are joking about this.

Because if you have seen accidents where victims have roasted to death in their vehicles you will realise not every accident has a clock attached to it. Not every fire is 'escapable' and the vehicle will burn to ashes with or without a 'firewall'.

And I am saying if a passenger airbag can deploy to reduce the impact forces of collisions or other kinds of accidents the next logical step will be a sensor to detect and extinguish fuel fires likely to occur in a crushed engine or a ruptured gas tank. It will not cost anything to makers of some of the most luxurious cars we see today.

I sincerely hope you're joking about this! Bro ... any smell of something burning one needs to stop ... bail out the car and stand some distance away in case of explosion. My point is cars get lit up wayyy too easily.
Below is pix of an accident here Thursday.... teenager behind the wheel of a BMW on high speed ... 14 yr old gf in passenger seat ... collided with a parked UPS truck ... car passenger side ripped open ... girl ejected ... dead... driver no serious injury. Point? ... no fire... but these types of horrific high speed accidents are usually the ones that result in fires .here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry / BMW 750li: The Official Car Of Nigeria's Inspector General / 2016 Mercedes Benz S550: Review Of Dr. Bukola Saraki's Official Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.