Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,373 members, 7,850,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:13 PM

Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu (806 Views)

Osun 2022: Adeleke's Campaign Team Says Sanwo-Olu Will End Up Like Oyetola / Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos / Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu by Goodmorning20: 3:22pm On May 22, 2023
The Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has lauded the Chief Executive Officer of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote for the establishment of his refinery in Nigeria, particularly Lagos.

He gave the commendation while speaking at the ongoing commissioning of the refinery.

He added that Dangote, who came to Lagos from Kano had nothing 45 years ago but now, he has set up an empire in Nigeria to make Africa proud.

He said, “The first story is about a young Nigerian 45 years ago and you see the coincidence in the story. 45 years ago, who came to Lagos, all the way from another mega-city, Kano, who saw the prosperity, the diversity of our country, who came with nothing but in 45 years has built the biggest empire in the world for Africa.”

The Dangote Petroleum Refinery and Petrochemical Project, a subsidiary of Dangote Industries Limited owned by Aliko Dangote, was commissioned today.

It is located at Dangote Industries Free Zone, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos, and it is set up to process crude oil grades from the continent of Africa, Asia and America, with a delivery of a surplus of close to 38 million litres of petrol, diesel, kerosene and aviation fuel for Nigeria daily

The refinery set up to refine 650,000 barrels of crude oil per day transforms crude oil into different usage of petroleum products such as diesel, gasoline, jet fuel and kerosene.

The refinery will produce Euro-V quality gasoline and diesel, as well as jet fuel and polypropylene.

The firm stated that the facility was designed to process a large variety of crudes including many of the African crudes, some of the Middle Eastern crudes and the United States Light Tight Oil.
Re: Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu by mrsage(m): 3:24pm On May 22, 2023
Alhaji Dantatas nephew came into Lagos with nothing grin

Okay o.

Let them continue

9 Likes

Re: Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu by Modsarefools(f): 3:28pm On May 22, 2023
Spare me that nonsense, awon lagos landlords, whether he came with a polythene bag, is not ur business..

Jealous & Envious wizards.. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu by meum: 3:29pm On May 22, 2023
Lol. Dangote? Uncle please tell us another story😂

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu by sonature1: 3:32pm On May 22, 2023
Dangote's uncle gave him 500k when he started business. How many families had it at the time? He didn't come to Lagos with nothing. 500k is equivalent to millions of Naira today.

My plea to Dangote is to write a will so that his children and other vested interests don't ruin his efforts when he's gone. I want to see Nigerian companies celebrate 100 years of existence like many American behemoths.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu by Modsarefools(f): 3:35pm On May 22, 2023
mrsage:

Okay o.

Let them continue
Don't mind them, they will only deceive the gullible ones, not me.. They want you to believe that lagos is the miracle center, and not a slum like it have always been.

Lagos is a waste of time, a slum with that kind of holdups and population? The place is dead, masses are just suffering & smiling there like fela kuti said.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu by BigIyanga: 3:37pm On May 22, 2023
Story .. someone that had been gifted $500k in 1970s bu his uncle.. lol.. by that time. $5000 could buy brand new Mercedes S-Class.. that’s 100 S-Classes.. That’s like N10bn head start today.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu by BlueRayDick: 3:41pm On May 22, 2023
These people and their rubbish propaganda again even after election grin

Dangote's Wikipedia page clearly reads:

[Dangote was born into a wealthy Hausa Muslim family on April 10, 1957, in Kano, which was then part of British Nigeria.His mother, Mariya Sanusi Dantata, was the daughter of businessman Sanusi Dantata.His father, Mohammed Dangote, was a business associate of Dantata

Somebody that had access to loan of N500k from his uncle in 1977 is whom Sanwoolu opened mouth waaaaa to tell us he came to Lagos with nothing 45 years. smh. Sometimes I wonder if these people actually believe their own lies before dishing it out.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu by jmoore(m): 3:47pm On May 22, 2023
They must always find a way to insult entrepreneurs.

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu by Natbrowny: 4:27pm On May 22, 2023
mrsage:

Okay o.

Let them continue

As in ehn. Dey r all in same WhatsApp group using media to gain and attract attention.

Set of I STARTED MY RESTAURANT WIT ONE SPOON AND 3 GRAINS OF RICE.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu by IkeIgboNiile(m): 4:32pm On May 22, 2023
What happened to the 500k?
Re: Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu by JagabanBorgu: 4:32pm On May 22, 2023
mrsage:

Okay o.

Let them continue
How much your uncle the give u?
Re: Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu by citygarden(m): 4:33pm On May 22, 2023
Maybe sanwolu is still high when delivering is speech. Mr governor should take time o. Last warning
Re: Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu by Christistruth03: 4:35pm On May 22, 2023
Dangote’s Grandfather Dantata was the richest man in west Africa
He was a Trader and when the first Bank opened in Kano
20 Camels Carried the Silver he deposited

Note that each camel can carry a load of one tonne

At today’s prices a Tonne of Silver is about £500,000

20 camels would have likely Carried between £7-£10 Million of Silver

Not only was Dangote born with a Silver Spoon
He was born with Silver loaded Camels too
Dangote’s Mother was Hassan Dantata’s eldest daughter

It was Dantata who Trained Dangote in Business

Re: Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu by travsco43: 4:42pm On May 22, 2023
Lol 😂😂

Una don start again.
Re: Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu by danvon(m): 4:52pm On May 22, 2023
grin Sanwo-Olu should be careful,

Dangote is a Northerner not an Igbo man don't try to intimidate him.
Re: Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu by mrsage(m): 9:52am On May 23, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

How much your uncle the give u?

This discussion has nothing to do with myself and my uncle.

Don't loose focus
Re: Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu by JagabanBorgu: 10:59am On May 23, 2023
mrsage:

This discussion has nothing to do with myself and my uncle.

Don't loose focus
Some years ago, my uncle was a commissioner of the state government, I was addressed as "the commissioner's nephew".
Another of my uncle ran for senate, I was addressed as his nephew, guess what?
These men never gave me anything that befits the attention my relationship with them was drawing.
Whatever I had was given to me by myself and father.
That's the major reason I asked about urs.
Sanwo-olu won't come to the podium and say that about Dangote and he didn't mean Dangote came to live under the bridge or came for survival.
Re: Dangote Came To Lagos With Nothing 45 Years Ago, Says Sanwo-olu by MrBiGGEST(m): 11:06am On May 23, 2023
Obviously this is lie naaa!!
And some people are salivating on it undecided

(1) (Reply)

Rufai Oseni And Rotus On A Heated Argument On Live Show Over NLC Protest (VIDEO) / Say No To Lies And Corruption. / N98million For Speaker Body Messages?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.