Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 (800 Views)

Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan / I Owe A Microfinance Bank 600k, They Threaten To Jail Me, I Need Your Advice! / AMCON Releases Names Of 105 Persons Who Owe N906b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by NotBeenPaid: 3:30pm On May 22, 2023
Hello Omobola121,

It's been 7 months already and I've been very patient enough. You never contact me if I don't do so first. You've also cut-off any means of communication from contacting you.

Your mobile number not reachable, your Telegram group deleted, you read and ignore my WhatsApp messages.

I need my $491.37 Omobola121.

https://www.nairaland.com/omobola121
Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by HacheNoire: 3:33pm On May 22, 2023
🤣🤣🤣

You have been duped!

Move-on!
Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by NotBeenPaid: 3:35pm On May 22, 2023
HacheNoire:
🤣🤣🤣

You have been duped!

Move-on!
You done business with her before?
Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by HacheNoire: 3:36pm On May 22, 2023
NotBeenPaid:
You done business with her before?

I haven’t. The scam is already spelt out in your narration.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by NotBeenPaid: 3:44pm On May 22, 2023
HacheNoire:

I haven’t. The scam is already spelt out in your narration.
Well, she used to be a trusted crypto dealer on Nairaland. And we'll known on the Crypto currency threads too.
Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by HacheNoire: 3:45pm On May 22, 2023
NotBeenPaid:
Well, she used to be a trusted crypto dealer on Nairaland. And we'll known on the Crypto currency threads too.

Goodluck in your quest! Make sure you feedback if you able to recover your funds.
Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by Abcruz(m): 4:36pm On May 22, 2023
NotBeenPaid:
Hmm... Trust no one!
Lucifer was once an angel!

1 Like

Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by travsco43: 4:40pm On May 22, 2023
Sorry about this bro.
Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by ArticleBeast: 1:14pm On May 25, 2023
I guess I have to put a hold on dealing with her
Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by SilentVboy: 4:04pm On May 25, 2023
NotBeenPaid:
You are correct with this your statement. She equally speaks against scam.

But what actually happened? PayPal wahala?
Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by ArticleBeast: 7:52pm On May 25, 2023
One of things I fear with dealing with exchangers. They are good, build trust, and then go rogue. Reminds of one popular one way back. It was scary
Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by Omobola121(f): 6:51pm On Jun 01, 2023
First of all, I want to apologize for replying you late. I have not been active on social space and also having issue accessing my account here (that aside)

You know this issue wasn’t intentional and I didn’t mean to “own” you.

We didn’t have any deal with transactions just to clear that aspect. It was just out of my own careless goodwill that put me into all this.

Like parts of my business, I do set up paypal accounts for customers, especially US accounts. You contacted me about a US account which we agreed on price which i fulfilled by creating a working account for you.

After days of creating the account, you complained that paypal was asking for facial verification or so (i said you should contact the support , because I can’t figure out why paypal is requesting facial verification.

You did and it was the same thing. Then you requested to send the fund to my email address (you tried sending it for like 3 days, but the fund wasn’t going). Then I suggest that you should refund the person you bought from while you give another email to the person to send it. You said the seller was a random person, then you tried to send the fund to my email.

The fund was there. I couldn’t get to send it out as Crypto or send it to another acct or withdraw, i suggested a refund that maybe we should try another mail.

I sent another email and the same issues about moving out of the fund happened. Eventually, paypal limited the account and when i was getting documents to submit, the fund Techtopsy (a Nairalander too) sold to me (his seller charged back the fund ) 750$. The whole mess just came about.

While I was trying to gather your fund, Timekeeper (he is also a nairalander) did chargeback on my limited account) which was supposed to be due this month. Over 1k dollars.

Timekeeper, if you’re seeing this, I remember discussing this issue with you, that the fund inside that account is for a friend, but you can see the embarrassment here.

Anyways, like I have promised you, I will pay you. I have never held anybody’s money. I deal with currency business and no one has ever complained about me. It is just unfortunate that this particular issue happened this way and even more unfortunate it happened when I'm more broke.

I told you I had you in mind and I would pay you before the end of this year, but you coming here to call me out looks like we have never discussed this issue and I’m trying to run away with your money.

I don’t have the complete fund at the moment, but if you want us to discuss installment payment, then we can discuss that.

All other complaints about Telegram, whatsapp, whatever, I will leave that aside because there is no way I have ignored your message. Expect this last message, which I saw days ago, and since you have already brought it here, I feel I should respond here.

PayPal is one delicate transaction and some PayPal vendors will attest to these issues with PayPal.

When I have a business deal with someone, it is my responsibility to fulfill my part even if the business go wrong.

Apologies once again!!

quote author=NotBeenPaid post=123298477]Uhm Omobola121 don do me Deflover way. She dey owe me $491.37 for 7 months now. She's unaccessible like Deflover embarassed[/quote]

NotBeenPaid:
Hello Omobola121,

It's been 7 months already and I've been very patient enough. You never contact me if I don't do so first. You've also cut-off any means of communication from contacting you.

Your mobile number not reachable, your Telegram group deleted, you read and ignore my WhatsApp messages.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by Omobola121(f): 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2023
Soldiers go Barracks remain. There are 1k+ exchangers on this space. I can't even remember transacting with you before😏

ArticleBeast:
I guess I have to put a hold on dealing with her

1 Like

Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by SilentVboy: 7:40pm On Jun 01, 2023
Omobola121:

First of all, I want to apologize for replying you late. I have not been active on social space and also having issue accessing my account here (that aside)

We didn’t have any deal with transactions just to clear that aspect. It was just out of my own careless goodwill that put me into all this.

Like parts of my business, I do set up paypal accounts for customers, especially US accounts. You contacted me about a US account which we agreed on price which i fulfilled by creating a working account for you.

After days of creating the account, you complained that paypal was asking for facial verification or so (i said you should contact the support , because I can’t figure out why paypal is requesting facial verification.

You did and it was the same thing. Then you requested to send the fund to my email address (you tried sending it for like 3 days, but the fund wasn’t going). Then I suggest that you should refund the person you bought from while you give another email to the person to send it. You said the seller was a random person, then you tried to send the fund to my email.

The fund was there. I couldn’t get to send it out as Crypto or send it to another acct or withdraw, i suggested a refund that maybe we should try another mail.

I sent another email and the same issues about moving out of the fund happened. Eventually, paypal limited the account and when i was getting documents to submit, the fund Techtopsy (a Nairalander too) sold to me (his seller charged back the fund ) 750$. The whole mess just came about.

While I was trying to gather your fund, Timekeeper (he is also a nairalander) did chargeback on my limited account) which was supposed to be due this month. Over 1k dollars.

Timekeeper, if you’re seeing this, I remember discussing this issue with you, that the fund inside that account is for a friend, but you can see the embarrassment here.

Anyways, like I have promised you, I will pay you. I have never held anybody’s money. I deal with currency business and no one has ever complained about me. It is just unfortunate that this particular issue happened this way and even more unfortunate it happened when I'm more broke.

I told you I had you in mind and I would pay you before the end of this year, but you coming here to call me out looks like we have never discussed this issue and I’m trying to run away with your money.

I don’t have the complete fund at the moment, but if you want us to discuss installment payment, then we can discuss that.

All other complaints about Telegram, whatsapp, whatever, I will leave that aside because there is no way I have ignored your message. Expect this last message, which I saw days ago, and since you have already brought it here, I feel I should respond here.

PayPal is one delicate transaction and some PayPal vendors will attest to these issues with PayPal.

When I have a business deal with someone, it is my responsibility to fulfill my part even if the business go wrong.

Apologies once again!!

quote author=NotBeenPaid post=123298477]Uhm Omobola121 don do me Deflover way. She dey owe me $491.37 for 7 months now. She's unaccessible like Deflover embarassed

Hello Omobola121,

Hmmmm, na wa oo. One issue after another. That's why I hate PayPal and will have nothing doing with PayPal.

It's good you came here to explain your own part. Well, it's PayPal usual wahala.
Just Becareful with your transactions and sought out things with the guy.
Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by MrPADDY(m): 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2023
~ PayPal blacklisted Nigeria long ago
~ PayPal is country-specific (if you like use Sun, moon plus thunder to hide your location), PayPal will still block any account used outside its specific country.
~ Nigerians have heavy chargebacks and other fraudulent transactions records with PayPal. In return, Nigerians also suffer heavy losses with their foreign PayPal accounts. Do-me-I-do-you.
~ USA citizens and businesses also have their USA PayPal accounts disabled once they go against User's policy. Luckily, they get their money back after 180 days without stress.
~ For the newbies that read this, stay away from foreign PayPal accounts. If you need a PayPal account to make payment, open a Nigerian Paypal account. If your freelancing business is legit, there are other accounts you can use to receive payment in Nigeria without losing sleep.
~ If you must use a foreign PayPal account to receive payments, have a trusted ally to manage the account in that foreign location.

@Omobola121, we all know how crazy PayPal transactions can be.
I will advise you arrive at a middle ground with @NotBeenPaid.
You win some, you lose some. Business goes on.

MrPaddy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by ArticleBeast: 9:38am On Jun 02, 2023
Omobola121:
Soldiers go Barracks remain. There are 1k+ exchangers on this space. I can't even remember transacting with you before😏

We done transaction multiple times. Anyway, don’t know why you are in your feelings. I believe it is the sensible thing to do when there is a pending money issue. We meuve.
Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by Omobola121(f): 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2023
Thanks MrPADDY. I'm waiting for his response here for us to move forward. I don't have the complete payment at the moment but I can work with instalment payment.

MrPADDY:
~ PayPal blacklisted Nigeria long ago
~ PayPal is country-specific (if you like use Sun, moon plus thunder to hide your location), PayPal will still block any account used outside its specific country.
~ Nigerians have heavy chargebacks and other fraudulent transactions records with PayPal. In return, Nigerians also suffer heavy losses with their foreign PayPal accounts. Do-me-I-do-you.
~ USA citizens and businesses also have their USA PayPal accounts disabled once they go against User's policy. Luckily, they get their money back after 180 days without stress.
~ For the newbies that read this, stay away from foreign PayPal accounts. If you need a PayPal account to make payment, open a Nigerian Paypal account. If your freelancing business is legit, there are other accounts you can use to receive payment in Nigeria without losing sleep.
~ If you must use a foreign PayPal account to receive payments, have a trusted ally to manage the account in that foreign location.

@Omobola121, we all know how crazy PayPal transactions can be.
I will advise you arrive at a middle ground with @NotBeenPaid.
You win some, you lose some. Business goes on.

MrPaddy
Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by Omobola121(f): 12:08pm On Jun 02, 2023
Okay. I don't keep track of my clients that's why I'm surprised with your response. Apologies!

ArticleBeast:

We done transaction multiple times. Anyway, don’t know why you are in your feelings. I believe it is the sensible thing to do when there is a pending money issue. We meuve.
Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by Omobola121(f): 12:09pm On Jun 02, 2023
I will.

SilentVboy:
Hmmmm, na wa oo. One issue after another. That's why I hate PayPal and will have nothing doing with PayPal.

It's good you came here to explain your own part. Well, it's PayPal usual wahala.
Just Becareful with your transactions and sought out things with the guy.
Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by Universe8888(m): 2:39pm On Jun 02, 2023
So where is the guy,

@NotBeenPaid

Let him come so you can both settle this to clear ur name.
Cos I knw u are legit @Omobola121
Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by NotBeenPaid: 8:37am On Jun 03, 2023
Omobola121:

Apologies once again!!

quote author=NotBeenPaid post=123298477]Uhm Omobola121 don do me Deflover way. She dey owe me $491.37 for 7 months now. She's unaccessible like Deflover embarassed

Hello Omobola121,

I brought this up on here not because I really wanted to do so but because you're slow to respond to my WhatsApp messages(it takes you a couple of days if not weeks to respond to me), your phone number doesn't even connect. That got me panicking.

One time I told that I'm very understanding. You could see from the screenshot with date.Try to walk a mile in shoe and tell me how you would have reacted if someone you had business deals with was very slow to respond or not easy to talk to.

Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by MercySpeak(m): 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2023
I have transact with this lady Omobola121 multiple times almost every week before she took break. She always deliver and not a scammer.

@Notbeenpaid, I believe she will contact you and fix things with you. If she didn't scamm me over of 8million deal, I don't think she would do this to anyone. I read her stories of chargeback last year and I want to believe she will sort things out.

5 Likes

Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by Timekeeper452: 12:29am On Jun 05, 2023
I can attest to all that happened here. It was a very unfortunate start of the year. And all Bola posted here is true. I had a very unfortunate experience of encountering an animal , a random transaction. A transaction of about a month old which the person bola and I paid for, now from nowhere the person did a chargeback after about a month. Bola brought my attention to it immediately and I swung into action, we did all we could to rectify that, but the thing is, this transaction was already up to a month or two old and the individual in question was an online transaction and not someone I knew physically or knew their location. It really left a bad taste between I and Bola’s transaction as it was the first time we were having issues in our business. That marked the end of PayPal transactions for Bola. The sad thing about PayPal is, even after paying someone for a transaction and having forgotten about it. A random person can just do a charge back on your PayPal account, and it would put a negative balance on your PayPal account and that money frozen or taken out from your own PayPal balance as a buyer. I currently faced same trouble on my own personal PayPal account around march and it’s just been one unfortunate incident.

Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by Omobola121(f): 12:41am On Jun 05, 2023
You honestly think I wasn't doing anything about it?
I will forward all those vn so you listen to it.

You calling me out like I scammed you even comparing me to deflover is totally out of it. I didn't transact any deals with you, you used my email and your fund got stuck. From one issue to other.

I have been actively transacting deals with guys here and I always do my part well. I have helped a guy here to pay school fees of about 15k USD ( I don't know him, he only msg me and said from Nairaland) lots of deals like that.

I had over 2k chargeback last year so I understand your pain but misunderstanding like this doesn't mean you should be indirectly tagging me a scammer.

If I don't have naira to pay you immediately, I won't do any transaction rather refer the seller to another trader that's how strict I am with business. I don't take your fund and start delaying you.

I always have you in mind and I'm just trying to build up back so I can sort you out because truly I received your fund in my mail. I have been on this issue with the guy that chargeback but I can't go far with the issue because of location that's why I decided to pay you myself.
NotBeenPaid:
I brought this up on here not because I really wanted to do so but because you're slow to respond to my WhatsApp messages(it takes you a couple of days if not weeks to respond to me), your phone number doesn't even connect. That got me panicking.

One time I told that I'm very understanding. You could see from the screenshot with date.Try to walk a mile in shoe and tell me how you would have reacted if someone you had business deals with was very slow to respond or not easy to talk to.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by Omobola121(f): 12:42am On Jun 05, 2023
I am legit and still very legit. Just that issues like this make someone a scammer.

Thanks for the trust though!

Universe8888:
So where is the guy,

@NotBeenPaid

Let him come so you can both settle this to clear ur name.
Cos I knw u are legit @Omobola121
Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by zedegit: 1:26am On Jun 05, 2023
ArticleBeast:
One of things I fear with dealing with exchangers. They are good, build trust, and then go rogue. Reminds of one popular one way back. It was scary

Why not deal with those that have established website, physical address and track records than dealing with individuals.
Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by ArticleBeast: 5:24am On Jun 05, 2023
zedegit:

Why not deal with those that have established website, physical address and track records than dealing with individuals.
All of them are still risky. What does it take to close shop
Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by LogicallySXT(m): 5:33am On Jun 05, 2023
zedegit:

Anybody can scam you if they want to including websites.

Are the websites not owned or controlled by Human being?
Re: Let's Chat On Nairaland About The $491.37 You Owe Me Omobola121 by zedegit: 6:13am On Jun 05, 2023
LogicallySXT:

Anybody can scam you if they want to including websites.

Are the websites not owned or controlled by Human being?

If you do your research, it's easier for individuals to scam you than companies who have a reputation to protect.

By companies, I don't mean Ponzi schemes.

I mean service based or product based.

(1) (Reply)

Hi, How To Get Clearance Certificate For Change Of Name From Efcc Or Nfiu / All New USSD Codes For Mtn, Glo And Airtel / Knowing Stocks That Are Thick-all Are Welcome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.