Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,975 members, 7,810,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan (10065 Views)

11 Banks Make N261.99bn Net Profit In 3 Months / How To Validate Your BVN For The N50billion CBN COVID-19 Loan / How To Access The N50billion CBN COVID-19 Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by dre11(m): 7:34am On Mar 29
Some Nigerians who benefited from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and NIRSAL Microfinance Bank’s targeted credit facility (TCF) have failed to pay N261.07bn out of N419.42bn given out.

Daily Trust reports that the facility launched in April 2020 was to cushion the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on households and SMEs.

In a document released by the CBN, it said the facility led to the creation of 1,585,872 direct and indirect jobs, contributing to Nigeria’s employment landscape.

It added that of the N419.42 billion disbursed, principal repayments amount to about N41.39 billion, with interest repayments standing at approximately N174.60 million.

But there is a significant outstanding amount of roughly N378.03 billion, with an overdue amount of N261.07 billion, indicating that a large number of recipients have not kept up with their repayment schedules.

The document stated that each of the top beneficiaries of the loan get N2.5m for the purpose of SME finance but categorised as ‘non-performing’, indicating challenges or failures in repayment.

Only one, Centriculture Limited, has been noted as ‘performing’, with a repayment of N1m.

Some recommendations made in the document include to subsume the intervention under the Agri-Business/Small and Medium Enterprise Investment Scheme (AgSMEIS) for better management and outcomes.

Another recommendation is developing a clear exit strategy that aligns with the outstanding balance to aid in the smooth final closure of the scheme.

https://dailytrust.com/nigerians-owe-cbn-n261-07bn-covid-19-loan-report/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by immortalcrown(m): 7:36am On Mar 29
Lockdown prevented the investment and the payment of the loans. 🏃🏻🏃🏻🏃🏻🏃🏻

I no dey even know when people dey collect these loans. Na when e don finish I go hear the news.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by Amotolongbo(f): 7:44am On Mar 29
Let them publish the names of the recipients and the amount received. I doubt the loan actually got to the masses who needed it

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by pharmagba: 7:53am On Mar 29
Abeg let Cardoso write that one inside his bad debt notebook

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by DatNiggaDaz: 7:55am On Mar 29
grin grin

They have looted the National coffers & now shifting the blames on Nigerians grin grin grin

Open & publish the names, companies that benefited from the fraudulent covid loan & watch how the looting of the said billions will be exposed grin grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by helinues: 7:55am On Mar 29
They should be blacklisted, simple as ABC

Like the politicians, like the citizens

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by Penguin2: 7:55am On Mar 29
Which Nigerians?

Abeg you people should always be specific because me I did not receive shishi.

And I know I’m not the only one who didn’t receive anything from govt throughout the Covid.

Except we now have a new name and a new country 😏

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by greenermodels: 8:08am On Mar 29
Under Buhari, these idiots were printing and sharing money anyhow to their kit and kins without any plan of paying back, what about Tradermonie? Thieves everywhere, Tinubu have started his own meaningless money sharing programs and would end up leaving bad debts and the associated inflation to the next president.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by 99thEnemy(m): 8:14am On Mar 29
Yes grin

Very true. Fraudulent Nigerians.

You will blame the person in power but you fail to acknowledge that change starts with you.

80% of people who collected the loan did so without intention to pay.

After the burden of hardship is lifted just a little. the Government should crackdown on all of them. cool

No stone should be left unturned.

Na me talk am with my full chest. cool

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by bigdammyj: 8:14am On Mar 29
Noted.
Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by ZombieTAMER: 8:15am On Mar 29
If APc doesn't kill Nigeria...

Nothing will

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by armadeo(m): 8:15am On Mar 29
Normal na.

Who dem give loan.?

Loan when na agent go collect 30% before you receive am.

Use bvn take collect your money back and publish names of debtors.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by CountinBlessins(m): 8:15am On Mar 29
Here they go again with lies and propaganda. Pls which Nigerians?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by Smartjeezy01(m): 8:16am On Mar 29
Unbelievable
Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by Benwallt(m): 8:16am On Mar 29
Some Nigerians not Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by OriOko88(m): 8:16am On Mar 29
undecided
It's our money and we aren't paying shiit back. I chopped 300k COVID 19 loan then. Used the money buy Bajaj okada.

Na one of the reasons why I no fit too criticize buhari's govt too much. Those who know their way really chop money in his administration.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by Tjra: 8:16am On Mar 29
Write it off.

Only SMEs should be given such loans going forward and it should be interest free.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by ZombieTAMER: 8:16am On Mar 29
greenermodels:
Under Buhari, these idiots were printing and sharing money anyhow to their kit and kins without any plan of paying back, what about Tradermonie? Thieves everywhere, Tinubu have started his own meaningless money sharing programs and would end up leaving bad debts and the associated inflation to the next president.

The idiots that supported Buhari for eight years are the same fools supporting Tinubu that brought Buhari...
expecting a different outcome

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by englishmart(m): 8:17am On Mar 29
It should be, the federal government owe Nigerians 280 something billion

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by Streetdoctor: 8:17am On Mar 29
Na Yoruba and Hausa share d money, Mak dem go pay and stop disturbing us wit Ebi pawa nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by Earthquakes: 8:18am On Mar 29
Watch Tinubu supporters start blaming buhari grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by datola: 8:18am On Mar 29
And CBN is not a Nigerian
Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by Inspirer1: 8:18am On Mar 29
Nigerians or the specific people you gave?? Don't generalise please. Person wey no owe/collect no go refund abeg!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by Rejouir: 8:19am On Mar 29
O ti lor, Oga. Or better still place a standing order on their account. To recover the money
Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by Streetdoctor: 8:19am On Mar 29
DatNiggaDaz:
grin grin

They have looted the National coffees & now shifting the blames onn Nigerians grin grin grin

Open & publish the names, companies that benefited from the fraudulent covid loan & watch how the looting of the said billions will be exposed grin grin
Tinubu and his Co are just using everything as an excuse. Morrow u go hear say money no dey but they budgected 90billion for haji

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by Franzinni: 8:19am On Mar 29
I don't want to believe they don't have plan for debt recovery... Why are they telling the world about loans they shared to a select few ...

Nigerians ... Are the problem of Nigeria ... Our elite just take advantage of the problem and how can I blame them

A Nigerian only complains injustice when he is on the receiving end ... But if the injustice is in his favor, he rationalizes it as being smart, or sharp,.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by Stevenson20: 8:20am On Mar 29
Who are those Nigerians?
Is that the reason you people wants to kill us with more tax?

All of una dey maaad

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by Floky215: 8:21am On Mar 29
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/nigerians-owe-cbn-n261-07bn-covid-19-loan-report/

Loan wey oga at the top in CBN AND and NIRSAL do share and chop finish...!!

At a time they were doing it at 50/50 sharing formulae for any who care to collect the money, they even have agents helping them to compile names of any who is interested in the sharing formulae...!!

That loan is simply a bad debt, cos trying to get back that loan would cause another tornado in the country...!!! grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by 1Alex: 8:21am On Mar 29
immortalcrown:
Lockdown prevented the investment and the payment of the loans. 🏃🏻🏃🏻🏃🏻🏃🏻

I no dey even know when people dey collect these loans. Na when e don finish I go hear the news.
the loan was disbursed after the lockdown

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by Streetdoctor: 8:21am On Mar 29
ZombieTAMER:

The idiots that supported Buhari for eight years are the same fools supporting Tinubu that brought Buhari...
expecting a different outcome
That's mysteries of d century, somebody supported useless buhari for 8fucking years and still stand on d rotten Manhood of useless and idiotic Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Owe CBN N261.07bn COVID-19 Loan by Judolisco(m): 8:21am On Mar 29
Lol... Which Nigerians.... D biggest ever fraud was carried out during covid period.. Money wey some people Don spend finish grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PAYONEER: Pictorial Step By Step Guide On How To Create A Payoneer Account + KDP / Konga Service Disrupts Due To Fuel Scarcity - See Message / How To Change Business Name Duly Registered With CAC Corporate Affair Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.