Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:38 PM

My Siblings - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Siblings (831 Views)

Are My Siblings Jealous? / Five Siblings Recreate Childhood Photo After 50 Years / Siblings Fight Dirty Over Late Bank Manager’s Wealth (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Siblings by calmandwild101(m): 7:37pm On May 22, 2023
Good day my NLers. am here again to seek for your sincere advise.Am in my late 30s and life has been treating me so tough that I have to accept my present circumstances. Our last born is doing very well with her biz in Lagos and she asked me to come and handle a foodstuffs shop she’s about to acquire so life can be easier for me to live and I accept.I have been at the shop now and the people that were using are putting me thru some necessary things.I stayed with her,son and her apprentice who stayed with her.i sleep in the sitting room.I travelled down to IB to get few clothes.we were supposed to travel down ogun state before I preoceed to IB but she couldn’t made it due to her busyness. She gave me 4K to transport myself down to IB.i got to IB and am suppose to leave the following day but I had to stayed for a day to make an enquiry on certain foodstuff here at IB before I move back to Lag.i am so reluctantly to call her for transport fare back to Lag but I had no choice than to call her for the tf. But immediately I called her that am coming to Lagos tomorrow morning that how far before I could finish my word she just said how far about what I said am coming back tomorrow morning the next she said was I should come back whenever I want.i felt like sharp object just struck my heart. tho I had message her earlier this morning on WhatsApp that am coming back tomorrow morning.her response really made me felt bad honestly.tho she was a good girl to me financially.To God who made me I am ready to handle her shop with one mind and am wondering whenever I need money for some personal issue.how am I going to handle that or would I still keep asking her for money which I don’t really like.
Re: My Siblings by mariahAngel(f): 7:45pm On May 22, 2023
She was fed up at that point.
As in, she had had it.
That was probably why she responded to you that way.

Do you depend on her for everything?
Why do you want to manage her business?
Do you not have plans of your own?
Re: My Siblings by calmandwild101(m): 8:48pm On May 22, 2023
mariahAngel:
She was fed up at that point.
As in, she had had it.
That was probably why she responded to you that way.

Do you depend on her for everything?
Why do you want to manage her business?
Do you not have plans of your own?
I got sacked from work. And I have been staying at home for a while.sometimes I do call her for financial assistance. So when she learnt I am out of job she believes I will be the best person to manage her business.depending on her for almost everything is what I don’t want.And am scared I don’t want us to have issue because she and her sister are all I have got for now
Re: My Siblings by sisisioge: 8:58pm On May 22, 2023
Did you guys have an agreement on how you get paid for managing her shop upfront?

Was the 4k not supposed to cover your transport? If not, is she aware you would be staying the extra day to make the enquiry before you set out and why couldnt you just fit it into your schedule?

Are you even a smart person that can hold his own? This one that you're asking her how far, how far what exactly? You cant be stressing her with questions like a maid would be asking madam fa.

Biko agree with her very well before starting the work and dont go acting like a kid she will have to explain everything to before he gets it. Also, look into discussing doing your own side business inside the same shop. Eg, selling palm oil or onions, etc if she isn't selling that already. Doing business with family members is hard!
Re: My Siblings by eniolorunfe: 9:00pm On May 22, 2023
calmandwild101:
I got sacked from work. And I have been staying at home for a while.sometimes I do call her for financial assistance. So when she learnt I am out of job she believes I will be the best person to manage her business.depending on her for almost everything is what I don’t want.And am scared I don’t want us to have issue because she and her sister are all I have got for now

Is she not going to pay you for helping her manage the shop? You better discuss with her and agree on how you will get paid. If it’s via commission on sales or a fixed salary because this your questions get K-leg.

It will also be a good idea to discuss how long you will work for her before you start your own business and how she intends to support you in achieving this so you don’t have to depend on her for long.
Re: My Siblings by calmandwild101(m): 10:41pm On May 22, 2023
sisisioge:
Did you guys have an agreement on how you get paid for managing her shop upfront?

Was the 4k not supposed to cover your transport? If not, is she aware you would be staying the extra day to make the enquiry before you set out and why couldnt you just fit it into your schedule?

Are you even a smart person that can hold his own? This one that you're asking her how far, how far what exactly? You cant be stressing her with questions like a maid would be asking madam fa.

Biko agree with her very well before starting the work and dont go acting like a kid she will have to explain everything to before he gets it. Also, look into discussing doing your own side business inside the same shop. Eg, selling palm oil or onions, etc if she isn't selling that already. Doing business with family members is hard!
4k isn’t enough for transport to and fro.if I had any extra money with me for transport,I wouldn’t have called her.i only called her for transport which I was even reluctant.i have not discussed how the profit will be shared.i don’t want her to think maybe am after what I will be getting and I think that is too early to discuss.
Re: My Siblings by sisisioge: 10:44pm On May 22, 2023
calmandwild101:
4k isn’t enough for transport to and fro.if I had any extra money with me for transport,I wouldn’t have called her.i only called her for transport which I was even reluctant.i have not discussed how the profit will be shared.i don’t want her to think maybe am after what I will be getting and I think that is too early to discuss.

Ok o. Looks like you have the whole thing well sorted. Good luck.
Re: My Siblings by calmandwild101(m): 10:45pm On May 22, 2023
eniolorunfe:

Is she not going to pay you for helping her manage the shop? You better discuss with her and agree on how you will get paid. If it’s via commission on sales or a fixed salary because this your questions get K-leg.

It will also be a good idea to discuss how long you will work for her before you start your own business and how she intends to support you in achieving this so you don’t have to depend on her for long

i want her to stock the shop fully before I raise the issue of how I’ll get paid.
Re: My Siblings by frozen70(f): 2:11am On May 23, 2023
calmandwild101:
Good day my NLers. am here again to seek for your sincere advise.Am in my late 30s and life has been treating me so tough that I have to accept my present circumstances. Our last born is doing very well with her biz in Lagos and she asked me to come and handle a foodstuffs shop she’s about to acquire so life can be easier for me to live and I accept.I have been at the shop now and the people that were using are putting me thru some necessary things.I stayed with her,son and her apprentice who stayed with her.i sleep in the sitting room.I travelled down to IB to get few clothes.we were supposed to travel down ogun state before I preoceed to IB but she couldn’t made it due to her busyness. She gave me 4K to transport myself down to IB.i got to IB and am suppose to leave the following day but I had to stayed for a day to make an enquiry on certain foodstuff here at IB before I move back to Lag.i am so reluctantly to call her for transport fare back to Lag but I had no choice than to call her for the tf. But immediately I called her that am coming to Lagos tomorrow morning that how far before I could finish my word she just said how far about what I said am coming back tomorrow morning the next she said was I should come back whenever I want.i felt like sharp object just struck my heart. tho I had message her earlier this morning on WhatsApp that am coming back tomorrow morning.her response really made me felt bad honestly.tho she was a good girl to me financially.To God who made me I am ready to handle her shop with one mind and am wondering whenever I need money for some personal issue.how am I going to handle that or would I still keep asking her for money which I don’t really like.

I think you need to study her more to know when to ask for money or not

There might be some attitude about you that she may not be comfortable with

There could be some other things she may have observed in you that may be turning her off

So I think for now stay there and understand all you need to understand and also her mood swing

With time, you could be saving little money to sort out yourself incase she doesn't give you

But mind you she is still observing you all her eyes are on her business and those around you

1 Like

Re: My Siblings by calmandwild101(m): 11:21am On May 23, 2023
frozen70:

I think you need to study her more to know when to ask for money or not

There might be some attitude about you that she may not be comfortable with

There could be some other things she may have observed in you that may be turning her off

So I think for now stay there and understand all you need to understand and also her mood swing

With time, you could be saving little money to sort out yourself incase she doesn't give you

But mind you she is still observing you all her eyes are on her business and those around you
Thanks so much for this piece
Re: My Siblings by calmandwild101(m): 11:23am On May 23, 2023
sisisioge:

Ok o. Looks like you have the whole thing well sorted. Good luck.
Don’t really understand your write up ma’am
Re: My Siblings by frozen70(f): 2:46pm On May 23, 2023
calmandwild101:
Thanks so much for this piece

You are welcome dear
Re: My Siblings by Brownshoe: 6:21pm On May 23, 2023
Op wahala wahala
Re: My Siblings by world123: 8:39pm On May 23, 2023
calmandwild101:

Listen, when it comes to business, you have to remove sentiments irrespective of whether the people involved are family or not. You have to discuss whether you will be paid or not, how you will paid, when you will be paid, how many days in week you should be working, when you should resume each day and close each day etc. If possible let there be written code of conduct. If you are comfortable with it, then you resume work. If you don't get the necessary information you need now, you may get frustrated in future.

And you have to be professional. Why would you travel and stay an extra day without informing her prior to your taking your decision. Like I said, be professional and get the facts straight. This one is not an issue of I'm older, she's younger; this is business. Prove to her that you can manage the business.

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy A-series And Google Pixels For Sale (see Photos) / I Have These A-series Samsung Galaxy Phones For Sale / What Do Your Parent Own You After Giving You Basic Education?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.